New City Newswire

Comprehensive Real-Time News Feed for New City, NY.

Results 1 - 20 of 380 in New City, NY

  1. Hour-by-Hour Overnight Forecast for New CityRead the original story w/Photo

    2 hrs ago | Patch.com

    Look how the temperatures remain steady, and how the wind picks up and changes direction, in your hourly forecast from accuweather.com : 10PM--24 degrees, 68 percent chance of snow, 32 percent chance of ice, wind 16 mph from the north-northeast 6AM--24 degrees, 77 percent chance of snow, 21 percent chance of ice, wind 26 mph from the north-northwest

    Comment?

  2. New City Storm Central Jan. 26Read the original story w/Photo

    13 hrs ago | Patch.com

    Here's what you need to know-most recent forecast, safety tips at home and on the road, what to do if the power goes out and more. Be Prepared: Get your home prepped before the snow starts, advises the Red Cross.

    Comment?

  3. George PetersonRead the original story w/Photo

    21 hrs ago | Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal

    ... New York; three grandsons; Justin, Jordan and Josh; sister-in-law and brother-in-law Peggy and Lenny Smolenski of New City, New York; sister-in-law; Dianne White of North Bangor, New York; and several nieces and nephews. Pete lived almost his entire ...

    Comment?

  4. Clarkstown Schools to Dismiss Early Jan. 26Read the original story w/Photo

    Yesterday | Patch.com

    Students attending Clarkstown schools will be heading home early on Monday, after district officials announced school will be dismissed early Monday due to the impending blizzard. The NWS upgraded its forecast for New City to a blizzard warning, with predictions of snow beginning early Monday and becoming heavy in the early afternoon, with snowfall totals of 18 to 28 inches possible.

    Comment?

  5. National Weather Service Issues Blizzard Warning for New CityRead the original story w/Photo

    Yesterday | Patch.com

    The exact track of Storm Juno could mean the difference between two and three feet of snow locally between tomorrow morning and the end of Jan. 27. Monday--A chance of snow before 10am, then snow likely with widespread blowing snow between 10am and 4pm, then snow with widespread blowing snow after 4pm. High near 24. Wind chill values between 5 and 15. Northeast wind 7 to 13 mph.

    Comment?

  6. Storm Central for New City Jan. 24Read the original story w/Photo

    Saturday Jan 24 | Patch.com

    The National Weather Service issued a Special Weather Statement for Putnam, Rockland and Westchester counties at 5:57 a.m. this morning: Warmer air aloft has worked in across Long Island and New York City with a mix of sleet...freezing rain...and rain. Across Connecticut...the lower Hudson Valley...and interior northeast New Jersey there is still snow falling.

    Comment?

  7. Boy Scout Troop 97 Shares Annual Holiday Cheer with South Nyack Men's Home ResidentsRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Jan 23 | Patch.com

    The residents of the South Nyack Men's Home wait at the door for days - "Are they here yet?" Waking at 6 AM, they ask excitedly, "What day is it today - is it time yet?" What, you may ask, are these gentlemen so eager about? They know that the Boy Scouts are on their way. The Boy Scouts of Troop 97 New City have a long standing tradition.

    Comment?

  8. Visiting Hours are Jan. 23 for Robert M. PalkoRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Jan 22 | Patch.com

    Loving Father, Brother, Uncle and Grandpa, Robert M. Palko, 61, of New City, NY passed away on Tuesday, January 20, 2015. Robert was born June 13, 1953 in Suffern, NY to Peter Palko, Sr. and Mary Noreen Palko.

    Comment?

  9. Weather Alert: Hazardous Weather Outlook Saturday for New CityRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Jan 22 | Patch.com

    While there is still much uncertainty, the National Weather Service has issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook for Saturday and Saturday night. According to AccuWeather.com Chief Meteorologist Elliot Abrams, "Unlike many storms this winter, this particular one has the potential to bring a foot of snow to some locations, where rain fails to mix in."

    Comment?

  10. Ridgefield woman, 80, prepares for Westminster Dog ShowRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Jan 21 | Greenwich Citizen

    ... 2nd Annual Masters Agility Championship at Westminster Feb. 16-17. Photo: Bebeto Matthews, AP Karen Profenna, from New City, N.Y., gets down hands and knees to allow Hailey, her mixed breed all American dog, to get onto her back to show tricks, ...

    Comment?

  11. Tougher agility test, new breeds at Westminster showRead the original story

    Wednesday Jan 21 | SFGate

    Karen Profenna of New City, New York, and Hailey show off during the 139th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show press conference on January 21, 2015, to promote the two new breeds for the 139th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, the 2nd Annual Masters Agility Championships and the Meet the Breeds event. Lynus, a Border Collie owned by Authur and Janyce Selkin, from Rhinebeck, N.Y. , runs an agility trail, during a press preview for the 139th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, Wednesday, Jan. 21, 2015, in New York.

    Comment?

  12. DIP: Guess we know who had too much coffeeRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Jan 21 | SFGate

    ... have called for his release. IT'S HARD TO DO A DOWNWARD DOG WITH AN UPWARD BEAGLE ON YOUR BACK: Karen Profenna of New City, N.Y., and Hailey perform at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show press conference, which announced two new breeds for this ...

    Comment?

  13. Visiting Hours are Jan. 22 for Joan BruggerRead the original story w/Photo

    Wednesday Jan 21 | Patch.com

    ... Joan was born in Nyack, NY on April 14, 1922 to Frank and Julia VanCura. She was employed as a Title Examiner in New City, NY until her retirement in 1984. Joan was a member of the Nyack Senior Citizens Club, and Volunteered at Nyack Hospital. She ...

    Comment?

  14. New City Library: the History of IslamRead the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Jan 20 | Patch.com

    Iraqi-born author Silas Saul Fathi leads an exploration of this ancient religion. Learn about Muhammad, his wives and children. Understand the genesis of the Sunnis and Shiites. Find out what happened Muhammad's death and who authored the Koran.

    Comment?

  15. Rockland Officials: Shigella Has Sickened 66 Since Nov. 1Read the original story w/Photo

    Tuesday Jan 20 | CBS Local

    ... a division of CBS Corp. and one of the largest network-owned station groups in the country. Got a nose for [...] NEW CITY, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) - Shigella, a contagious bacterial infection , is now responsible for sickening more than 60 people in ...

    Comment?

  16. Eagle Court of Honor for John Margolies of Troop 78Read the original story w/Photo

    Saturday Jan 17 | Patch.com

    John Margolies of Troop 78 was feted at an Eagle Court of Honor held at Temple Beth Shalom in New City-site of his Eagle project. Margolies had graduated from the temple's preschool in 2002-and in 2013, some parents came to him and asked if he could help restore a pergola on the grounds.

    Comment?

  17. Jan. 17: Islam, Charlie Hebdo and Taylor SwiftRead the original story w/Photo

    Saturday Jan 17 | New York Daily News

    ... think the press should reprint the Charlie Hebdo cartoons are advocating religious intolerance. Robert G. Gallimore New City, N.Y.: In response to Voicer Brenda Nicholls: Hey, genius, "ruthless insensitivity" is covered under free speech. And by the ...

    Comment?

  18. Services are Jan. 17 for Edward RusieckiRead the original story w/Photo

    Friday Jan 16 | Patch.com

    ... Rusiecki, and many beloved nieces and nephews. Family will receive visitors at Michael J. Higgins Funeral Home in New City on Friday, January 16 from 2-4 and 7-9 pm Mass of Christian Burial will follow on Saturday at 10 am at St. Augustine's Church ...

    Comment?

  19. Dorothy Kay: Former New City ResidentRead the original story w/Photo

    Thursday Jan 15 | Patch.com

    Born in Yonkers, NY, she was raised in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, graduating from the Academy of the Sacred Heart of Mary in Inwood. She worked for the Equitable Life Insurance Company before marrying and becoming a full-time home maker, raising three children in New City, which she called home for over 40 years.

    Comment?

  20. E. Ramapo parents challenge 2nd Hillcrest saleRead the original story

    Wednesday Jan 14 | Chaptzem Blog!

    ... is based in New Square, an insular Hasidic village that borders the Hillcrest property on Addison Boyce Drive in New City. In theorizing about the congregation's desire to obtain the property to accommodate the fast-growing population of ...

    Comment?

New City Job Listings
View or post New City job listings on Topix.
New City Real Estate
News, listings, and foreclosures in New City from Topix.
New City Mortgages
Find mortgage rates in New City on Topix.