Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals News
News on Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals continually updated from thousands of sources around the net.
33 min ago | MyHighPlains.com
In a lawsuit filed Thursday, two Texas abortion doctors allege a Dallas-area hospital revoked their admitting privileges shortly after it became the target of anti-abortion protesters.
Trending on the Topix Network
A 40-year-old man convicted in early 2013 of trafficking in heroin within a school zone in Shelby has lost a bid to have his conviction overturned.
The Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act and ruled that supporters of California's ban on gay marriage, Proposition 8, could not defend it before the Supreme Court.
A federal judge refused to grant a temporary restraining order against a portion of the state's new abortion law Wednesday that would allow an El Paso abortion clinic to remain open.
An appeal was pending Wednesday before the U.S. Supreme Court for Texas death row inmate Jose Villegas, 38, who was convicted of killing his estranged girlfriend, her 3-year-old son, and her mother 13 years ago in Corpus Christi.
A federal appeals court is allowing the convicted killer of an off-duty Dallas police officer to move forward with an appeal that contends his trial attorneys failed to provide evidence of a troubled childhood that could have swayed jurors from sending him to death row.
Following its narrow passage in committee last week , House Bill 12 - which aims to remove language in Louisiana's crimes against nature statute criminalizing consensual oral and anal sex - failed to pass in the Louisiana House, where it was voted 27-66.
Matthew Waller covers state news for Scripps Newspapers and works in Austin. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow him on Twitter @waller_matthew.
Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Peirce Moser, who is heading the team prosecuting four former Dewey & LeBoeuf lawyers for financial fraud, has been appointed as chief of the office's Tax Crimes Unit.
Christopher Carl Brown argued to the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans that a Mississippi judge erroneously determined he was the leader of the drug ring and gave him a longer sentence for it.
Court action. Abortion providers filed a petition April 10 requesting the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals to reconsider its March 27 decision to uphold new abortion laws in Texas.
As previously reported , the Fifth Circuit recently expanded the scope of Jones Act seaman status to include a shipyard worker who spent 70% of his time working aboard vessels , and the remaining 30% of his time working in a fabrication shop or on a land-based crane.
Last week, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit overturned a federal district court ruling in a victory for school choice in Louisiana .
A veteran northeast Ohio appellate judge will sit in when the Ohio Supreme Court decides in a lawsuit against traffic camera enforcement.