Thursday Dec 5
All nursery school staff should undergo paediatric first aid training, a coroner has said.
The plea came after an inquest jury concluded a nine-month-old girl died of misadventure when she choked on shepherd's pie on her third full day at a nursery in Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester.
Operator complains as baby chokes to death
"JEEZ, stop giving me information". This is what an emergency operator said after taking a call about a nine-month old baby who was choking to death on a shepherd's pie.
Metro UK News
Millie Thompson death: 999 operator ended call with 'Jeez, stop giving me information'
Staff at Ramillies Hall private nursery in Cheadle Hulme, Stockport, called 999 when they realised something was wrong A 999 operator who was attending to a report of a baby choking put down the phone and said: 'Jeez, stop giving me information,' an inquest has heard.
999 caller admits failures in dealing with choking baby call
Note: We do not store your email address but your IP address will be logged to prevent abuse of this feature.
Why did my baby choke to death as nursery staff fed her shepherd's...
Baby choked to death on shepherd's pie on her third day at nursery after '999 call handler told staff to phone back if she got any worse' She began to cough and choke and her lips turned blue as workers performed first aid and called for an ambulance A mother has demanded to know how her baby daughter could have choked to death on only her third ... (more)