Immigrants & K-12 Debate - Houston, TX

Discuss the national Immigrants & K-12 debate in Houston, TX.

Should America provide K-12 schooling for young illegal immigrants?

Houston votes No
No
 
28
Yes
 
6

Vote now in Houston:

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 19, 2011
 
We pay for our children's educations. Why should illegal foreign nationals get it free?
Emily

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 19, 2011
 
I say no because I won't to
Obamas Watergate

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 20, 2011
 
Gee, my first post of this disappeared. Wonder what happened....

Want to solve the immigration problem? Stop corruption on both sides of the border.

Recipe for genocide (current day Mexico):

1) International bankers completely buy off a spineless puppet government

2) Guns are outlawed for ordinary citizens to "protect the people" (If Mexico wants their country back they need overturn the gun ban and arm innocent civilians so they can protect themselves -they also need to legalize drugs to put the drug cartels out of business -and their corrupt government knows it)

3) The corrupt church (Catholic in this case) tells people this can all be solved by praying for a better tommorow and by a donation to their world church

4) The international banker's private security force ,In this case the CIA, starts assasinating anyone that tries to get the message out -blaming it on drug related violence that they create a.k.a. Obama and Holders Fast and Furious program modeled after the Iran-Contra deal

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/bank...

5) Kids are forced to take a live cancer shot (Gardasil) to attend school -The shot is said to protect against cancer when it actually infects kids with cancer- Never let your kids take this shot , we did just fine without out it all these years:

http://trenches.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/the-...

And yes they are creating race-specific killer viruses targeting race-specific genetic markers

http://www.byroncrawford.com/2009/04/is-mexic...

Thus the genocide continues because the people just take it...

Genocides are usually hidden in plain sight. Like recessions -we only agree they've occured when they are over and in the history books.

Do you really want to allow this in America next?

Get informed:

http://rss.infowars.com/Alex.rss

Mexico needs to have a revolution right now to fix this before they are exterminated en masse. Running from one country to the next is not an option anymore.

There is no where to run as this tyranny is going global using the same tactics. They can fix their drug problems easily by legalizing drugs so the drug cartels go out of business overnight due to there being no money in this.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Beware...

Governor Jerry Brown just passed Gardasil legislation in CA where young kids no longer need parental consent to get the Gardasil shot at school. Expect this in your state soon.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/10/ab499-pass...

Regarding Gardasil, parents will bankrupt themselves handing over every last penny of their life savings to the medical industry to help their kid fight cancer. This is pure evil. The medical industry gets rich of this type of blood money.

Don't let anyone scare/brainwash your kids into getting this killer shot! The flu shots and some vaccinations are already linked to alzheimers, autism and cancer.

Will they start showing Gardasil scare-tactic/propaganda movies to kids in the classroom using peer pressure to get them to take the shot at school without parent's permission? Who knows...

The ellites and their bought out government puppets are out of control. It's now proven they tried to use this illegal gun running program to overturn the 2nd ammendmant and disarm America. It has taken American lives and proven this administration is completley illegitimate. Bush stated it, Obama/Holder expanded it. Is this change you can believe in?

This is Obama's Watergate and it will cost him the 2012 election. They've undersestimated the damage -give it time...
Pat

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 21, 2011
 
I think they should all be legal and pay taxes like the rest of us, Therefore, contributing to their own education.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 22, 2011
 
Obamas Watergate wrote:
Gee, my first post of this disappeared. Wonder what happened....
Want to solve the immigration problem? Stop corruption on both sides of the border.
Recipe for genocide (current day Mexico):
1) International bankers completely buy off a spineless puppet government
2) Guns are outlawed for ordinary citizens to "protect the people" (If Mexico wants their country back they need overturn the gun ban and arm innocent civilians so they can protect themselves -they also need to legalize drugs to put the drug cartels out of business -and their corrupt government knows it)
Thank you for your information - few people realize just how bad the situation really is. We MUST be aware and ready for whatever the fascists in Washington throw at us next. Their plan has been in motion for a long time.

“The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is the American Branch of a society which originated in England…(and)…believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established.”
- Carroll Quigley, member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton

“The main purpose of the Council on Foreign Relations is promoting the disarmament of U.S. sovereignty and national independence and submergence into an all powerful, one world government.”
- Admiral Chester Ward, former CFR member and Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Navy

“We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it. The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent.”
- Statement made before the United States Senate on Feb. 7, 1950 by James Paul Warburg son of Paul Warburg who wrote the Federal Reserve Act, and nephew of Max Warburg who had financed Hitler.

But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National auto-determination practiced in past centuries”
- David Rockefeller, Member CFR, in an address to a Trilateral Commission meeting in June of 1991

Rockefeller calls the American people "serfs."
chicano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 22, 2011
 
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your information - few people realize just how bad the situation really is. We MUST be aware and ready for whatever the fascists in Washington throw at us next. Their plan has been in motion for a long time.
“The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is the American Branch of a society which originated in England…(and)…believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established.”
- Carroll Quigley, member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton
“The main purpose of the Council on Foreign Relations is promoting the disarmament of U.S. sovereignty and national independence and submergence into an all powerful, one world government.”
- Admiral Chester Ward, former CFR member and Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Navy
“We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it. The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent.”
- Statement made before the United States Senate on Feb. 7, 1950 by James Paul Warburg son of Paul Warburg who wrote the Federal Reserve Act, and nephew of Max Warburg who had financed Hitler.
But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National auto-determination practiced in past centuries”
- David Rockefeller, Member CFR, in an address to a Trilateral Commission meeting in June of 1991
Rockefeller calls the American people "serfs."
world government? Hmmm i like it

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 22, 2011
 
chicano wrote:
<quoted text> world government? Hmmm i like it
If you actually understood what it will mean for people, you wouldn't. A world run by bankers and intellectual elites? They're fascists. They want the world's population reduced by half, immediately, and ultimately reduced to 500 million.

Guess which populations will disappear into mass graves? LOL! Those they call 'useless eaters'- the elderly, the uneducated, the low IQ's, the handicapped, the mentally challenged, the races they consider 'impure' or 'not useful,' people on welfare, breeders, and the chronically ill. That's just for starters.

It isn't Star Trek. It's fascism. Learn to be a good grave digger. That will buy you a little survival time as an essential worker. If you don't believe it, look at what the UN did to Africa with the AIDS virus.

Scientists pretty much agree that the AIDS virus is man-made, created in the 1960's through recombinant DNA experimentation on the Simian HIV genetic code. Certain types of cancer were created at the same time.
Topazia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 23, 2011
 
Why should American taxpayers pay for ANY support for illegal immigrants who do not support our tax system? If you moved to another country, do you think you'd get a free education, welfare, medical care?
Taxpayer

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 23, 2011
 
No, illegal aliens of ALL ages from all foreign countries should to captured, identified, finger printed, DNA tested and all their identifying factors recorded in a national database. Then, they should be deported, permanently, with no chance of ever gaining legal entry into this country for any reason under any circumstances, in the future. If they are ever picked up on our side of the border again they should be arrested and executed within 1 week, no exceptions for any reason, with no contact with family in this country or their home country. If they knew they would be executed when caught, they would think twice about coming back into this country after deportation.
James S

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 25, 2011
 
Illegal. Questions?
BushkilledAmeric a

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 25, 2011
 
They are not getting an education for free. Those without papers here pay taxes. You can't live in this country without paying taxes and they do---property and school directly if they own a house, indirectly if they rent. And they pay sales taxes. Stop with the nonsense that they are getting an education for free.

“Hello People”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 25, 2011
 
Gubment wants them here, republicans and democrats alike, democrats want to give them free crap, republicans want the cheap a$$ labor, its a f-ed up system we have here in the US and those in charge are laughing all the way to the bank.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 25, 2011
 
BushkilledAmerica wrote:
They are not getting an education for free. Those without papers here pay taxes. You can't live in this country without paying taxes and they do---property and school directly if they own a house, indirectly if they rent. And they pay sales taxes. Stop with the nonsense that they are getting an education for free.
Oh, really? Sales taxes don't pay for schools. Property taxes do. Every one of the 15 houses on my block lived in by illegal aliens has four or five families living in it, and all of the families send their kids to school. Only one family is paying property taxes, yet the children of five families are being educated. Sorry, most illegal aliens are getting free educations for their children. And they aren't permitted to be here by law in the first place.

Do the math for just my block: 15 houses - 5 families in each house - each family in each house has at least one child in school but 4 of the 5 families don't pay property taxes. That makes 75 illegal children going to the local grade school, but only 15 of the illegal families pays property taxes. 60 children are getting a free education. And that's if those families only have one child each. Many have two or three, some have more.

The unfair burden on taxpayers is obvious and quite costly. The burden and shortfall on the school systems is devastating. Illegals not only break our laws by being here, they defy zoning ordinances and cheat our local governments out of billions of dollars all over the country per year. They are sponging off of social systems they have no right to access and don't contribute to.

Since: Dec 07

Houston Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 26, 2011
 
Legals can't All get it payed for, then why should an Illegal get it? Take care of Legals only.
bill

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 28, 2011
 
come here legal, bring your family here legally, find a job and support yourself and pay your own way for everything, including education.

Since: Aug 11

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 1, 2012
 
NO NO just send them back home ASP!!!!
Absalom

Garza García, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 4, 2012
 
Independent patriot wrote:
We pay for our children's educations. Why should illegal foreign nationals get it free?
The money that funds the education system comes from property tax and other local taxes. Unless illegal immigrants are living on the streets and not purchasing anything, they are also paying into the system.
Absalom

Garza García, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 4, 2012
 
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really? Sales taxes don't pay for schools. Property taxes do. Every one of the 15 houses on my block lived in by illegal aliens has four or five families living in it, and all of the families send their kids to school. Only one family is paying property taxes, yet the children of five families are being educated. Sorry, most illegal aliens are getting free educations for their children. And they aren't permitted to be here by law in the first place.
Do the math for just my block: 15 houses - 5 families in each house - each family in each house has at least one child in school but 4 of the 5 families don't pay property taxes. That makes 75 illegal children going to the local grade school, but only 15 of the illegal families pays property taxes. 60 children are getting a free education. And that's if those families only have one child each. Many have two or three, some have more.
The unfair burden on taxpayers is obvious and quite costly. The burden and shortfall on the school systems is devastating. Illegals not only break our laws by being here, they defy zoning ordinances and cheat our local governments out of billions of dollars all over the country per year. They are sponging off of social systems they have no right to access and don't contribute to.
I am not sure what neighborhood you're living in, but unless you can qualify your statement with hard facts there's no way for anyone to believe that EVERY HOUSE in your neighborhood occupied with illegal immigrants automatically houses 2+ families.
Be that as it may, what precludes you from believing that American citizens can shack up with multiple families.
If an illegal immigrant pays rent or purchases a home, he is, in fact, paying property taxes. I would remind you that property taxes are not limited to just residential areas. They also include businesses and assets.
A review of this page shows where schools receive their funding: http://www.investintexasschools.org/schoolfun...
(you were correct in that sales taxes do not pay into the education system)
I won't disagree with you in that they have no right to be here. However what you're proposing will create an underclass of illiterate people who will be a far greater burden on society. It's the lesser of 2 evils. NO court system in this country will propose to force children of illegal immigrants out of the school system especially when education in this country is a right not a privilege.
If you're looking for a solution, it lies elsewhere.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 4, 2012
 
Absalom wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure what neighborhood you're living in, but unless you can qualify your statement with hard facts there's no way for anyone to believe that EVERY HOUSE in your neighborhood occupied with illegal immigrants automatically houses 2+ families.
Be that as it may, what precludes you from believing that American citizens can shack up with multiple families.
If an illegal immigrant pays rent or purchases a home, he is, in fact, paying property taxes. I would remind you that property taxes are not limited to just residential areas. They also include businesses and assets.
A review of this page shows where schools receive their funding: http://www.investintexasschools.org/schoolfun...
(you were correct in that sales taxes do not pay into the education system)
I won't disagree with you in that they have no right to be here. However what you're proposing will create an underclass of illiterate people who will be a far greater burden on society. It's the lesser of 2 evils. NO court system in this country will propose to force children of illegal immigrants out of the school system especially when education in this country is a right not a privilege.
If you're looking for a solution, it lies elsewhere.
Schools are available to everyone, but not everyone should get that education for free. Illegal aliens are criminals. They should pay for their childrens' educations as part of the risk they take by remaining criminals in our society. Taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill. We pay for our own, not the people from foreign countries.

As for your not believing me concerning the cramming of five families in single family dwellings, I live here, you don't. The only homes with one family living in them are the homes of white, black or Asian American citizens. Houston is a sanctuary city that refuses to enforce city codes when illegal aliens are involved. Citizens will get citations, but illegals won't. The cost of this policy is staggering here, and is driving out citizens to other counties. Our once nice neighborhoods are turning into overpopulated barrios very swiftly. My street looks like a used car lot.

Illegals keep chickens and goats against city ordinances and health code laws. Our sewage treatment plants are strained and insufficient because of illegal overcrowding in neighborhoods. Our schools have deteriorated and are underfunded. Our county health services are having to drop some services to citizens because of budget problems - illegals don't pay their medical bills. Food pantries can't serve citizens because illegals line up and take without contributing. Don't believe it. I don't care if you do or you don't. It's happening anyway.
Absalom

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 4, 2012
 
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Schools are available to everyone, but not everyone should get that education for free. Illegal aliens are criminals. They should pay for their childrens' educations as part of the risk they take by remaining criminals in our society. Taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill. We pay for our own, not the people from foreign countries.
As for your not believing me concerning the cramming of five families in single family dwellings, I live here, you don't. The only homes with one family living in them are the homes of white, black or Asian American citizens. Houston is a sanctuary city that refuses to enforce city codes when illegal aliens are involved. Citizens will get citations, but illegals won't. The cost of this policy is staggering here, and is driving out citizens to other counties. Our once nice neighborhoods are turning into overpopulated barrios very swiftly. My street looks like a used car lot.
Illegals keep chickens and goats against city ordinances and health code laws. Our sewage treatment plants are strained and insufficient because of illegal overcrowding in neighborhoods. Our schools have deteriorated and are underfunded. Our county health services are having to drop some services to citizens because of budget problems - illegals don't pay their medical bills. Food pantries can't serve citizens because illegals line up and take without contributing. Don't believe it. I don't care if you do or you don't. It's happening anyway.
First thing's first: immigrants who violate our immigration laws are NOT committing acts that fall under criminal law. They fall under administrative law.
The situation you're creating is punishing children of illegal immigrants for the decisions that their parents make. You'll have children raised to be illiterate and further creating a subclass of people who will put more burden on society.
Your post has too many accuracies to even be taken seriously.
According to you, we should develop a new slave class and keep them illiterate, so we can exploit them into keeping food prices down.
Your complaints about keeping chickens and goats is a red herring. If you don't want chickens and goats running loose in your neighborhood, petition the city to enforce its ordinances. This has nothing to do with the argument against the education system for illegal immigrants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Houston Forum right now

Search the Houston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
White Women are only Desirable to Get Ahead 6 min Laquan1989 11
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 min sara janie 17,112
houston dry 15 min Moved from no to Houston 1
I want my aunt 3 hr ChinNutz 10
Silverado senior living threatens the elderly a... 4 hr Mrs Weedfarts 3
The Summer Slaughter Tour is Decadence on Parad... 4 hr Mrs Weedfarts 3
Feature Points Referral Code 4 hr Frank Pharts 8

Houston Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]