Obama-Marriage Debate - Salem, MO

Discuss the national Obama-Marriage debate in Salem, MO.

Are you with President Obama in supporting gay marriage?

Salem is not with Obama on gay marriage
Not at all
 
39
Yes, all the way
 
25
I'm on the fence
 
0

Vote now in Salem:

Comments
1 - 20 of 81 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Xxxxxx

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 11, 2012
 
At this point if you don't support gay marriage for any of your own close minded reasons you dream up your a fascist pig that doesn't deserve to be an American
real ruby

Holden, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 11, 2012
 
Xxxxxx wrote:
At this point if you don't support gay marriage for any of your own close minded reasons you dream up your a fascist pig that doesn't deserve to be an American
oink, oink, oink. I don't support the "abnormal" marriage.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 11, 2012
 
Xxxxxx wrote:
At this point if you don't support gay marriage for any of your own close minded reasons you dream up your a fascist pig that doesn't deserve to be an American
Wow mandatory opinions now huh? That sounds more fascist to me than someone not supporting gay marriage. Personally, I think gay couples have the freedom and right under the American constitution to have equal rights as married people. Insurance, tax breaks, etc. But the institution of marriage is far older and not created by the constitution, and it was designed for a man and woman. Thats my opinion and I also have the right.
Mike

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 11, 2012
 
Xxxxxx wrote:
At this point if you don't support gay marriage for any of your own close minded reasons you dream up your a fascist pig that doesn't deserve to be an American
It's not my job to 'support' gay marriage.......I support the right of contracts and free assocations that underpin gay marriage........but just as an aside, anyone who uses the word 'fascists' as a perjorative is an assclown.
Common Sense Prevails

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 11, 2012
 
It's interestiing to me why Republicans want to get out of Government. They want Government out of everything. But for some reason thinks the Government should be in everybody's bedroom? I don't get it.

I thought The U S of A was all about Equal Rights. All men are created equal.

Why does it bother Republicans what somebody they don't even know, is doing in their bedroom?
Mike

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 11, 2012
 
Common Sense Prevails wrote:
It's interestiing to me why Republicans want to get out of Government. They want Government out of everything. But for some reason thinks the Government should be in everybody's bedroom? I don't get it.
I thought The U S of A was all about Equal Rights. All men are created equal.
Why does it bother Republicans what somebody they don't even know, is doing in their bedroom?
I'll tell you what it is, CommonlySenseless, it's because Social Conservatives and Socialists like yourself are two sides of the same statist coin......the Social Cons want to control what you do in your bedroom and the Socialists want control of everyone's pocketbook..........same busy bodies and power freaks.

So you actually have a lot more common ground with guys like Santorum than you thought.
Common Sense Prevails

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 11, 2012
 
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what it is, CommonlySenseless, it's because Social Conservatives and Socialists like yourself are two sides of the same statist coin......the Social Cons want to control what you do in your bedroom and the Socialists want control of everyone's pocketbook..........same busy bodies and power freaks.
So you actually have a lot more common ground with guys like Santorum than you thought.
OK Truth, you couldn't be further from the truth. But we all know that part of your brain that reason's is sooooooooooo damaged, you have no idea.

Read my post again so you can figure me out. I think you read it incorrectly.

Let me lead you through it. I said the government should stay outof peopl's bedrooms. What does that have to do with Santorum?
Mike

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 11, 2012
 
Because Santorum and you believe that government should control peoples lives......Santorum wants their sex lives and you want their wallet.......you're the one that needs to slow down and read carefully......it's okay, you can move your lips like you usually do. ;)
Common Sense Prevails

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 11, 2012
 
Mike wrote:
Because Santorum and you believe that government should control peoples lives......Santorum wants their sex lives and you want their wallet.......you're the one that needs to slow down and read carefully......it's okay, you can move your lips like you usually do. ;)
Didn't you read my post about government in bedrooms. Are you really that so outside your head that you're without reason?
Mike

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 11, 2012
 
Didn't you read my post about you being an obsessed nutjob statist flipside of the coin from Santorum? He wants to control everyone's sex life and you want everyone's wallet.

And don't stand so close to me.....you're weirding me out.....do I have to get a restraining order keeping you at least 50 feet away?

Still, apologies again on not realizing you weren't a dude, pat.
Common Sense Prevails

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 11, 2012
 
Mike wrote:
Didn't you read my post about you being an obsessed nutjob statist flipside of the coin from Santorum? He wants to control everyone's sex life and you want everyone's wallet.
And don't stand so close to me.....you're weirding me out.....do I have to get a restraining order keeping you at least 50 feet away?
Still, apologies again on not realizing you weren't a dude, pat.
I don't apologize one bit for knowing you're Dick all along.

You are so wrong about me. And what I do for a living and even worse, you don't even know how I really stand politically.

Hell everybody in the room knew I was a woman but you. You are wrong about a butt-load of stuff. But it's ok Dick. Really it's ok Dick
Libertas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 11, 2012
 
What right do you or I have to tell them they can't?
AndTheHorse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 11, 2012
 
real ruby wrote:
<quoted text> oink, oink, oink. I don't support the "abnormal" marriage.
You don't have to support it, you just have to recognize that your opinion shouldn't limit how other people get to live their lives.
worried

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 11, 2012
 
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
Common Sense Prevails

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 11, 2012
 
worried wrote:
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
Please show me where it says that in the Bible?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 11, 2012
 
AndTheHorse wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to support it, you just have to recognize that your opinion shouldn't limit how other people get to live their lives.
The question was do you support Obamas attempt to swing a few rich gay rights supporters and a few extra votes with an insincere endorsement of something he actually doesn't three days after they told him he needed to? Well, at least that's what it should have said...
Common Sense Prevails

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 11, 2012
 
worried wrote:
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
Since over 50% of Adam And Eve's don't seem to be able to stay married, why is it the perfect situation, in your head?
And why are you "worried" about someone else's relationship? Do you want people's noses in your relationship? I'm not trying to be a smart ass or be sarcastic, I'm just curious as to the basis of your statement. Have you ever met a gay couple?

I find it very interesting that North Carolina voted down gay marriage but allow cousins to marry. Go figure!!
Common Sense Prevails

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 11, 2012
 
Rush Limbaugh made this absurd statement on his show Wednesday....

"We've arrived at a point where the President of the United States of America is going to lead a war on traditional marriage."

(he really had the nerve to say that)

Rush's first wife, his second wife, his third wife and his fourth wife could NOT be reached for a comment.:) Makes me laugh
Tyler Durden

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 11, 2012
 
Xxxxxx wrote:
At this point if you don't support gay marriage for any of your own close minded reasons you dream up your a fascist pig that doesn't deserve to be an American
This does not sound very tollerant at all!
AndTheHorse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 11, 2012
 
Common Sense Prevails wrote:
Rush Limbaugh made this absurd statement on his show Wednesday....
"We've arrived at a point where the President of the United States of America is going to lead a war on traditional marriage."
(he really had the nerve to say that)
Rush's first wife, his second wife, his third wife and his fourth wife could NOT be reached for a comment.:) Makes me laugh
lol

Don't forget 'ol Newt, he took the fidelity pledge after his multiple divorces (and infidelities) explaining that he would be absolutely faithful to any hypothetical marriage(s) he might one day have.

It's also worth noting that the "bible-belt" has the highest divorce rate in the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Salem Forum right now

Search the Salem Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Taco Bell/KFC 8 min Why 17
Amendment 2 hr Hungry 12
The woman who died at country mart? 6 hr Scammer Race 16
Christina (beyers) Land 8 hr THIS IS JR HERE 15
Gymnastics 10 hr Gymnastics mom 5
this forum 10 hr Bubba 2
cell phone service 14 hr Joe 7

Salem Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]