Health Care Debate - Omaha, NE

Discuss the national Health Care debate in Omaha, NE.

Do you support President Obama's health care policy?

Omaha supports
Support
 
251
Oppose
 
242

Vote now in Omaha:

TV MAN

United States

#8220 Aug 9, 2012
Reality wrote:
FloridaGirlx, the post on Cleveland is #8137.
TVrek, what does the pronoun "it" stand for on post #8157.
On a recent post, TVrek, you continued to use "mandate." According to the Supreme Court mandates don't exist in the health care law.
You also mentioned you favor the health care law's fair policies. Would you mind pointing to just one policy you deem as fair as it relates to the entire law.
Remember I've throroughly read the bill. You haven't.
FloridaGirlx, you're certainly right. Most all politicians lie, and always have, which was the reason why the Constitution restricted the federal government to a small corner of limited concerns.
And lying politicians was another reason why the Tea Party arose, there's no denying.
Now that I've given you more then one policy I like, give me more then one you don't like.
TV MAN

United States

#8221 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Violence Against Women Act creates an ideology that all men are guilty and all women are victims. I'm against violence against anyone. Show me where the Republican party endorses the idea of minorities and women having no rights and gays being beheaded and killing the poor.?? I'm waiting. "every member is against gay rights"? what does that mean? What rights do I have that gays don't? Why do idiots try to incite class warfare by trying to convince the poor that Republicans hate them?
I'm guessing that Democrats say this because they want poor people to be afraid of republicans so they will vote for democrats.
Who's really playing politics of fear?
Guess what "GOOFY". when it comes to polictics perception becomes reality. If I'm the worst singer in the World, yet you think I'm the best, "I Am". If I'm the best singer in the World ,yet you think I stink, "I DO". Republicans carry a negative perception among the majority of women. I don't need a link to convince me. All I need is to listen with an open mind. Girlx is still kicking your can down the street.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8222 Aug 9, 2012
TV MAN wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what "GOOFY". when it comes to polictics perception becomes reality. If I'm the worst singer in the World, yet you think I'm the best, "I Am". If I'm the best singer in the World ,yet you think I stink, "I DO". Republicans carry a negative perception among the majority of women. I don't need a link to convince me. All I need is to listen with an open mind. Girlx is still kicking your can down the street.
It's call fear mongering from the left. It's uneducated people that buy into it. I doubt anyone on either side endorse the idea of minorities and women having no rights and gays being beheaded and killing the poor. It shows me the fear campaigning going on, I'm surprised the Florida girl buys into that. Kick that.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8223 Aug 9, 2012
Show me where the Republican party endorses the idea of minorities and women having no rights and gays being beheaded and killing the poor.?? I'm waiting. I'm still waiting...
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8224 Aug 9, 2012
Maybe it's time to pull the Rek card. Go for it Tv. Change the channel. lol.

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8225 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Show me where the Republican party endorses the idea of minorities and women having no rights and gays being beheaded and killing the poor.?? I'm waiting. I'm still waiting...
*sigh* it's obvious that I can't use hyperboles when talking to you. The beheading of gays was CLEARLY an exaggeration. Conservatives feel very strongly about limiting gay rights. I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to be gay if we left it up to them.

You're right, they wouldn't kill the poor. Just let them die.

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8226 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Plagiarism is copying a quote or comment as your own.
As you have done with a few of your statements. Don't take credit for someone else's words, use quotes

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8227 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Culture: The arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively. I copied that from "Google". What you referred to is not "culture". What you provided was "trends". Or changes. You have trouble being proven wrong..lol.
Trends die and fade away. These changes are things that are the new reality of America

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8228 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Did it bother you that the great obama publicly prayed? In Colorado he leads a public prayer to a deity that it pretty recognizably the Christian God.
I could care less about him publicly praying or anyone for that matter. It doesn't bother me until its shoved down my throat

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8229 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How is change working for you? Have you noticed the debt, the unemployment, jobs going to china, more troops killed in Afghanistan..if things are so good with obama, why is he stooping to low life attack ads?“A lie can run around the world six times while the truth is still trying to put on its pants.”
Mark Twain
“He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and a third time till at length it becomes habitual.”
Thomas Jefferson
Enter Obama, Pelosi and Reid who themselves have become captive of their own lies, which defines them as unfit to lead a nation of Amerian Exceptionalism, born in the truths handed down to us from the very hand of Providence itself. America is reawakening to those universal truths and coming home to them. We will succeed as a nation NOT because of the liberal lies and decptions of socialism, but in spite of them.
You're telling me all of this as if I voted for the man. Wrong person. Moving along

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8230 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>It's call fear mongering from the left. It's uneducated people that buy into it. I doubt anyone on either side endorse the idea of minorities and women having no rights and gays being beheaded and killing the poor. It shows me the fear campaigning going on, I'm surprised the Florida girl buys into that. Kick that.
Yes, I will fear my rights as a woman if Romney gets elected. He's stated what he's for and he's in the party that doesn't support equal pay amongst both genders, and that wants to interfere with MY body
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8231 Aug 9, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh* it's obvious that I can't use hyperboles when talking to you. The beheading of gays was CLEARLY an exaggeration. Conservatives feel very strongly about limiting gay rights. I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to be gay if we left it up to them.
You're right, they wouldn't kill the poor. Just let them die.
So you clear up your exaggerations with another one: "let them die"? Are you insulting gays, saying none of them are conservative?
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8232 Aug 9, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less about him publicly praying or anyone for that matter. It doesn't bother me until its shoved down my throat
How is it shoved down your throat?
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8233 Aug 9, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Trends die and fade away. These changes are things that are the new reality of America
Even the article said it's "trends". It is not American culture that more women are working, gays, warming....YOu are confused on the term. Educate yourself.

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8234 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>So you clear up your exaggerations with another one: "let them die"? Are you insulting gays, saying none of them are conservative?
Nope. I'm sure there's a few out there. I just have yet to meet one
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8235 Aug 9, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I will fear my rights as a woman if Romney gets elected. He's stated what he's for and he's in the party that doesn't support equal pay amongst both genders, and that wants to interfere with MY body
Buying into fear politics shows a weakness in your brains. In order for women to have fairness, they need to have jobs. One thing Obama can't create. Governor Romney supports pay equity for women. Democrats control the Senate, will not compromise on other matters in order to get the Paycheck Fairness Act passed, and know that Romney has nothing to do with legislation (thank you Harry Reid for politicizing the senate). And all of this is done just to put Romney on record, as a campaign tool for Obama re-election efforts.

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8236 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Even the article said it's "trends". It is not American culture that more women are working, gays, warming....YOu are confused on the term. Educate yourself.
Trends that have CHANGED America
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8237 Aug 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>So you clear up your exaggerations with another one: "let them die"? Are you insulting gays, saying none of them are conservative?
http://gayconservative.org/
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#8238 Aug 9, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Trends that have CHANGED America
I asked you: What is American Culture and how is it changing? Not what American lifestyle trends are today.
Reality

Oklahoma City, OK

#8239 Aug 9, 2012
FloridaGirlx, you had hinted reason. But it's hard to hide for very long.

Trends come and go. Then your new reality pops up.

FloridaGirlx, you haven't lived long enough to know that nothing is new under the sun, and that tradition stands the test of time.

That's why tradition is called tradition.

Tradition also tells that the young test the waters for something unique - nothing new about that - and then most of the young find as they grow older that you can't beat living a life of honor - life has its bumps but it's easy - when people by the dozens say they admire you for the quality person you are, without a sketleton in the closet.

If you want to be unique in the world and standout as admired experiment with honor. Life is easy, it's people who complicate.

Everyone knows what it takes to live a life of honor, but very few accomplish the life.

Care to whack at mystical tradition? But indeed to many life is mysterious.

I never doubted you're a smart young lady, a curious young lady, a searching young lady for the best life for you and the people you meet, including your family now and later, who might benefit from an acquaintance with you.

Stay with the curiosity, and stay with the search that never ends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Omaha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Omaha names street after historic quarterback 19 hr Discrimination 1
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) Thu Concerned_American 54
Omaha Ebola patient update Oct 21 Ebola Beheadings ... 1
Man arrested after high-speed chase in Omaha Oct 20 Ebola and Beheadings 1
Investigation Underway After Discovery Of Naked... Oct 15 Where Is The News 1
The body was discovered late Tuesday morning in... (May '12) Oct 14 dec 9
Bank Of The West Robbed Oct 14 Waiting and Waiting 2

Related Media

Omaha Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]