Health Care Debate - Massapequa Park, NY

Discuss the national Health Care debate in Massapequa Park, NY.

Do you support President Obama's health care policy?

Massapequa Park supports
Support
 
75
Oppose
 
65

Vote now in Massapequa Park:

Comments (Page 58)

Showing posts 1,141 - 1,160 of1,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1341
Aug 2, 2012
 
You know the honeymoon is over,when the comedians start.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree...and think 25 to life would be
appropriate.
--Jay Leno


America needs Obama-care like Nancy
Pelosi needs a Halloween mask.
--Jay Leno


Q: Have you heard about McDonald's'
new Obama Value Meal?
A: Order anything you like and the guy behind you
has to pay for it.
--Conan O'Brien


Q: What does Barack Obama call
lunch with a convicted felon?
A: A fund raiser.
--Jay Leno


Q: What's the difference between
Obama's cabinet and a penitentiary?
A: One is filled with tax evaders, blackmailers,
and threats to society. The other is for housing
prisoners.
--David Letterman


Q: If Nancy Pelosi and Obama were
on a boat in the middle of the ocean and it
started to sink, who would be saved?
A: America !
--Jimmy Fallon


Q: What's the difference between
Obama and his dog, Bo?
A: Bo has papers.
--Jimmy Kimmel


Q: What was the most positive result
of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper
stickers off the road.
--David Letterman




Solution to the problem in Egypt :

They want a new Muslim leader, Give them ours.
TV MAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1342
Aug 3, 2012
 
Realchristians wrote:
You know the honeymoon is over,when the comedians start.
The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree...and think 25 to life would be
appropriate.
--Jay Leno
America needs Obama-care like Nancy
Pelosi needs a Halloween mask.
--Jay Leno
Q: Have you heard about McDonald's'
new Obama Value Meal?
A: Order anything you like and the guy behind you
has to pay for it.
--Conan O'Brien
Q: What does Barack Obama call
lunch with a convicted felon?
A: A fund raiser.
--Jay Leno
Q: What's the difference between
Obama's cabinet and a penitentiary?
A: One is filled with tax evaders, blackmailers,
and threats to society. The other is for housing
prisoners.
--David Letterman
Q: If Nancy Pelosi and Obama were
on a boat in the middle of the ocean and it
started to sink, who would be saved?
A: America !
--Jimmy Fallon
Q: What's the difference between
Obama and his dog, Bo?
A: Bo has papers.
--Jimmy Kimmel
Q: What was the most positive result
of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper
stickers off the road.
--David Letterman
Solution to the problem in Egypt :
They want a new Muslim leader, Give them ours.
Yawning!!!!!!
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1343
Aug 13, 2012
 
rationing of medication is not a good thing
Chuck

Merrick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1344
Aug 14, 2012
 
Bruser wrote:
rationing of medication is not a good thing
rationing of brains is even worse, too bad you didn't get your full share.
Voice of Reason

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1345
Aug 15, 2012
 
Obama, a blessing for the Catholic Church?

http://www.churchmilitant.tv/free/index.php...
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1346
Aug 15, 2012
 
For obvious reasons!
Chuck

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1347
Aug 16, 2012
 
Obama, a blessing for America!!!
Voice of Reason

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1348
Aug 16, 2012
 
August 15, 2012 12:56 PM



Cops: LGBT volunteer shoots conservative group's guard



Washington police and FBI agents gather outside the Family Research Council in Washington Aug. 15, 2012, after a security guard at the lobbying group was shot in the arm.(AP Photo)

Updated at 6:10 p.m. ET

(AP) WASHINGTON - A man suspected of shooting and wounding a security guard in the lobby of a Christian lobbying group had been volunteering at a community center for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

A law enforcement official has identified the suspect arrested in Wednesday's shooting as Floyd Corkins II of Herndon, Va. Investigators were interviewing his neighbors.

Another official says the shooter made a negative reference about the work of the Family Research Council before opening fire. The officials spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation.

David Mariner is executive director of The DC Center for the LGBT Community. He says Corkins had been volunteering at the center for about the past 6 months. Mariner describes Corkins as "kind, gentle and unassuming."

While police have not yet stated what motivated Corkins, a coalition of 25 gay rights groups released a statement through GLAAD condemning the shooting.

"The motivation and circumstances behind today's tragedy are still unknown, but regardless of what emerges as the reason for this shooting, we utterly reject and condemn such violence. We wish for a swift and complete recovery for the victim of this terrible incident," the statement read.

The guard, who was an employee of the FRC, was taken to a hospital in stable condition.

"Our first concern is with our colleague who was shot today," the group's president, Tony Perkins, said in a statement.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said in a statement that he was appalled by the shooting. "There is no place for such violence in our society," he said. "My prayers go out to the wounded security guard and his family, as well as all the people at the Family Research Council whose sense of security has been shattered by today's horrific events."

The headquarters of the Family Research Council is in the city's bustling Chinatown neighborhood, near the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery and several museums, restaurants and shops.

Amy Biondi and her husband Steve were visiting Washington from Long Island with their daughter and a friend and tried to ask officers for help with a parking meter when they were told there was a situation they had to deal with. The door to the FRC was opened, and an officer repeatedly shouted, "Put the gun down, put the gun down."

"Next thing you know there are police officers swarming the area," said Biondi, 45, a massage therapist from St. James, N.Y.

The family didn't get a close look, but they said the man officers were talking to seemed to comply with the orders immediately.

The Family Research Council advocates conservative positions on social issues and strongly opposes gay marriage and abortion.

Perkins was an outspoken defender of Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy's public stand against same-sex marriage, which made the fast-food chain a flashpoint in the nation's culture wars. The Cathy family foundation has funded the Family Research Council.

"He's taking a bold stand," Perkins said after Cathy's comments were reported. "Chick-fil-A is a Bible-based, Christian-based business who treats their employees well. They have been attacked in the past about their stand. But they refuse to budge on this matter, and I commend them for what they are doing."
F U Bruser
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1349
Aug 16, 2012
 
Voice of Reason wrote:
August 15, 2012 12:56 PM
Cops: LGBT volunteer shoots conservative group's guard
Washington police and FBI agents gather outside the Family Research Council in Washington Aug. 15, 2012, after a security guard at the lobbying group was shot in the arm.(AP Photo)
Updated at 6:10 p.m. ET
(AP) WASHINGTON - A man suspected of shooting and wounding a security guard in the lobby of a Christian lobbying group had been volunteering at a community center for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
A law enforcement official has identified the suspect arrested in Wednesday's shooting as Floyd Corkins II of Herndon, Va. Investigators were interviewing his neighbors.
Another official says the shooter made a negative reference about the work of the Family Research Council before opening fire. The officials spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation.
David Mariner is executive director of The DC Center for the LGBT Community. He says Corkins had been volunteering at the center for about the past 6 months. Mariner describes Corkins as "kind, gentle and unassuming."
While police have not yet stated what motivated Corkins, a coalition of 25 gay rights groups released a statement through GLAAD condemning the shooting.
"The motivation and circumstances behind today's tragedy are still unknown, but regardless of what emerges as the reason for this shooting, we utterly reject and condemn such violence. We wish for a swift and complete recovery for the victim of this terrible incident," the statement read.
The guard, who was an employee of the FRC, was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
"Our first concern is with our colleague who was shot today," the group's president, Tony Perkins, said in a statement.
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said in a statement that he was appalled by the shooting. "There is no place for such violence in our society," he said. "My prayers go out to the wounded security guard and his family, as well as all the people at the Family Research Council whose sense of security has been shattered by today's horrific events."
The headquarters of the Family Research Council is in the city's bustling Chinatown neighborhood, near the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery and several museums, restaurants and shops.
Amy Biondi and her husband Steve were visiting Washington from Long Island with their daughter and a friend and tried to ask officers for help with a parking meter when they were told there was a situation they had to deal with. The door to the FRC was opened, and an officer repeatedly shouted, "Put the gun down, put the gun down."
"Next thing you know there are police officers swarming the area," said Biondi, 45, a massage therapist from St. James, N.Y.
The family didn't get a close look, but they said the man officers were talking to seemed to comply with the orders immediately.
The Family Research Council advocates conservative positions on social issues and strongly opposes gay marriage and abortion.
Perkins was an outspoken defender of Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy's public stand against same-sex marriage, which made the fast-food chain a flashpoint in the nation's culture wars. The Cathy family foundation has funded the Family Research Council.
"He's taking a bold stand," Perkins said after Cathy's comments were reported. "Chick-fil-A is a Bible-based, Christian-based business who treats their employees well. They have been attacked in the past about their stand. But they refuse to budge on this matter, and I commend them for what they are doing."
Dumbass
Bruser
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1350
Aug 16, 2012
 
F U Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass
Hey, you talkin to me? What gives? My last post was the Divine Mercy Prayers.
TV MAN
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1351
Aug 16, 2012
 
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you talkin to me? What gives? My last post was the Divine Mercy Prayers.
Don't bruse yourself.
Bruser
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1352
Aug 17, 2012
 
TV MAN wrote:
<quoted text>Don't bruse yourself.
I really don't want to talk and make you look any more sillier than what you do yourself. You are ill and have health issues. Just go and lie down on your couch and take your meds.
Voice of Reason
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1353
Aug 17, 2012
 
A couple of years ago a former Speaker of the House,(we all know who she was, showed herself an amateur theologian lacking in even basic knowledge by claiming (on what she called Jesuitical authority) that the Church teaching on abortion was no older than the 1950s. The usually cautious American Bishops lost no time in issuing vigorous correction. And rightly so, of course, as quotes like these will show.

Here then are some of the quotes:

The Didache (“The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles”) ca 110 AD. Thou shalt not murder a child by abortion.(2:2)…The Way of Death is filled with people who are…murderers of children and abortionists of God’s creatures.(5:1-2)

Letter of Barnabas, circa 125: You shall not kill either the fetus by abortion or the new born

Athenagoras the Athenian (To Marcus Aurelius), ca 150 AD:“We say that those women who use drugs to bring on abortion commit murder, and will have to give an account to God for the abortion…,[For we] regard the very fœtus in the womb as a created being, and therefore an object of God’s care…(# 35).

Clement of Alexandria:(circa 150 – 215 AD) Our whole life can go on in observation of the laws of nature, if we gain dominion over our desires from the beginning and if we do not kill, by various means of a perverse art, the human offspring, born according to the designs of divine providence; for these women who, if order to hide their immorality, use abortive drugs which expel the child completely dead, abort at the same time their own human feelings. Paedagogus, 2

Tertullian circa 160-240 AD: For us, we may not destroy even the fetus in the womb, while as yet the human being derives blood from other parts of the body for its sustenance. To hinder a birth is merely a speedier man-killing; nor does it matter when you take away a life that is born, or destroy one that is coming to birth. That is a man which is going to be one: you have the fruit already in the seed. Apology 9:6

Tertullian (circa 160 – 240 AD):…we are not permitted, since murder has been prohibited to us once and for all, even to destroy …the fetus in the womb. It makes no difference whether one destroys a life that has already been born or one that is in the process of birth. Apology (9:7-8)

Tertullian circa 160-240 AD:[John the Baptist and Jesus] were both alive while still in the womb. Elizabeth rejoiced as the infant leaped in her womb; Mary glorifies the Lord because Christ within inspired her. Each mother recognizes her child and is known by her child who is alive, being not merely souls but also spirits. De Aninta 26:4
Woman:
who commit fornication, and destroy that which they have conceived, or who are employed in making drugs for abortion, a former decree excluded them until the hour of death, and to this some have assented. Nevertheless, being desirous to use somewhat greater lenity, we have ordained that they fulfill ten years [of penance], according to the prescribed degrees.(Canon 21).

Council of Trullo (692 AD): Those who give drugs for procuring abortion, and those who receive poisons to kill the fœtus, are subjected to the penalty of murder.(Canon 91)

Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1354
Aug 17, 2012
 
(Page two: Abortions from ancient time:

St. Basil the Great (330 – 379 AD): The woman who purposely destroys her unborn child is guilty of murder. With us there is no nice inquiry as to its being formed or unformed. In this case it is not only the being about to be born who is vindicated, but the woman in her attack upon herself; because in most cases women who make such attempts die. The destruction of the embryo is an additional crime, a second murder, at all events if we regard it as done with intent. The punishment, however, of these women should not be for life, but for the term of ten years. And let their treatment depend not on mere lapse of time, but on the character of their repentance. Letter 188:2

St. Ambrose:(339 to 397 AD) The poor expose their children, the rich kill the fruit of their own bodies in the womb, lest their property be divided up, and they destroy their own children in the womb with murderous poisons. and before life has been passed on, it is annihilated. Hexaemeron”,(5, 18, 58)

St. John Chrysostom (circa 340 – 407 AD): Why sow where the ground makes it its care to destroy the fruit? Where there are many efforts at abortion? Where there is murder before the birth? For you do not even let the harlot remain a mere harlot, but make her a murderer also. You see how drunkenness leads to whoredom, whoredom to adultery, adultery to murder; or rather something even worse than murder. For I have no real name to give it, since it does not destroy the thing born but prevents its being born. Why then do you abuse the gift of God and fight with His laws, and follow after what is a curse as if a blessing, and make the place of procreation a chamber for murder, and arm the woman that was given for childbearing unto slaughter? Homily 24 on Romans

St. Jerome (circa 342-420 AD): I cannot bring myself to speak of the many virgins who daily fall and are lost to the bosom of the church, their mother….Some go so far as to take potions, that they may insure barrenness, and thus murder human beings almost before their conception. Some, when they find themselves with child through their sin, use drugs to procure abortion, and when (as often happens) they die with their offspring, they enter the lower world laden with the guilt not only of adultery against Christ but also of suicide and child murder. Letter 22:13

The Synod of Elvira, 306 AD: If a woman becomes pregnant by committing adultery, while her husband is absent, and after the act she destroys the child, it is proper to keep her from communion until death, because she has doubled her crime. Canon 63.

The Synod of Ancyra, 314 AD, Concerning women who commit fornication, and destroy that which they have conceived, or who are employed in making drugs for abortion, a former decree excluded them until the hour of death, and to this some have assented. Nevertheless, being desirous to use somewhat greater lenity, we have ordained that they fulfill ten years [of penance], according to the prescribed degrees.(Canon 21).

Council of Trullo (692 AD): Those who give drugs for procuring abortion, and those who receive poisons to kill the fœtus, are subjected to the penalty of murder.(Canon 91)

Ancient Testimonies against abortion.
F U Bruser

Syosset, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1355
Aug 17, 2012
 
Stupid Dumbass
TV MAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1356
Aug 17, 2012
 
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't want to talk and make you look any more sillier than what you do yourself. You are ill and have health issues. Just go and lie down on your couch and take your meds.
Talk, I didn't ask you. I'm trying to save people from your boring rants.
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1357
Sep 7, 2012
 
It will destroy our medical coverage as it is known now
Voice of Reason

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1358
Sep 7, 2012
 
More and More of Democ-rats Lies upon Lies:

Steelworker Featured at DNC Didn't Work for Bain
By Jonathan Karl | ABC OTUS News – 2 hrs 23 mins ago

The Democratic National Convention on Wednesday featured three speakers billed as "former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital."
They each told compelling stories about jobs lost, allegedly because of the actions of Bain under Romney's leadership.
But it turns out one of those employees never actually worked for a company controlled by Bain Capital. David Foster was supposedly one of those former employees on the convention schedule. He told the story about 750 steelworkers who lost their jobs when the Bain-controlled company GST steel filed for bankruptcy in the early 1990s.
"In 2001, with GST bankrupt and Romney still CEO of Bain, I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s, and retirees in their 70s and 80s, and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacation pay, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised - they were all gone," he said. Read his full speech here

But Foster, according to a former spokesman for GST Steel, never actually worked for the company. "David Foster was never an employee of GST Steel's Kansas City plant. He was employed by the United Steelworkers of America as their regional union director to represent GST Steel, but was not employed at our facility," according to BC Huselton, who was head of HR at GST. Instead, Foster was a union organizer, who negotiated for workers that did work for the company. Foster explained in his remarks that he was an organizer during his dealings with GST Steel. But it is not clear from the remarks that he never worked for a company controlled by Bain. Foster was prominently featured in an Obama campaign video, " Romney economics ," where he is identified as lead negotiator for workers at GST Steel.An Obama campaign TV ad based on the story of a GST worker who suggests that his wife's death from cancer years later was due in part to losing health insurance when the plant closed got a " false " from Politifact and drew criticism for being misleading. But the Romney campaign has released its own version of what happened at GST Steel. The video features a former executive, Huselton, who says that Bain's actions actually saved the company. "

Too bad the Democraps can't be sued for slander!
Voice of Reason

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1359
Sep 7, 2012
 
Sep 06, 2012
Abortion Drugs Linked to Maternal Deaths in Developing World
By Wendy Wright
NEW YORK, September 7 (C-FAM) Several new studies have found abortion drugs – touted as a solution to illegal, unsafe abortions – are linked to increased maternal deaths and suffering.

One study from Sri Lanka found “in developing countries,[medical abortions] widespread misuse has led to partial or septic abortion thereby increasing maternal mortality and morbidity.”

A large study from Finland concluded,“Because medical abortion is being used increasingly in several countries, it is likely to result in an elevated incidence of overall morbidity related to termination of pregnancy.”

Dr. Donna Harrison, a pre-eminent expert on mifepristone, reported on studies from Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Finland for the Association for Interdisciplinary Research in Values and Social Change. These studies found that mifepristone, also called RU-486, and misoprostol have high complication rates, with greater medical risks to women in developing countries.

Abortion advocates aggressively promote abortion drugs in developing countries because the lack of medical infrastructure, transportation to emergency centers, water and other supplies make surgical abortions less accessible and more risky. Yet these same obstacles exist for treating the greater risks associated with medical abortion. One frequent and necessary treatment is surgery. In Vietnam, researchers found one out of four women had to undergo a surgical abortion for an incomplete misoprostol abortion.

The Finland study revealed that under the best conditions medical abortions had four times more complications than surgical abortions. Women who took abortion pills hemorrhaged over seven times more often than surgical patients, had more failed abortions that required surgical follow-up, and 20 times greater risk of operative injuries from emergency surgeries as did surgical abortion patients.

This tracks with the U.S. where at least 14 women have died after taking mifepristone. In 2000, the U.S. approved mifepristone with restrictions, allowing only doctors to give the drug to patients after an ultrasound and requiring a follow-up medical exam to check for hemorrhaging or infection and to determine if the abortion was complete or if portions of the dead baby were inside the mother.

Within a year, the first maternal death from RU-486 was reported in the U.S. of a previously healthy 18 year-old. Her father subsequently set up a website “AbortionPillRisks.org” warning women of RU-486’s potentially deadly risks.

Abortion groups set their sights on pushing medical abortions in developing countries that are unable to implement safeguards and cannot track complications. Beverly Winikoff of Gynuity, a top promoter of chemical abortions, rejects safeguards, even opposing adding antibiotics to the abortion regimen because it “raise[s] the cost of the procedure, making it unaffordable in developing countries.”

Dr. Harrison charges abortion groups like Ipas with deceitfully claiming medical abortions are overwhelming safe even in developing countries and that legalizing abortion reduces maternal mortality. Scrutinizing numbers from Nepal, Dr. Harrison found that maternal mortality was “dramatically falling in Nepal BEFORE the legalization of abortion. Yet, these false claims by Ipas and others about the rate of maternal mortality due to ‘unsafe’ abortion are used to persuade governments to not only legalize abortion, but also to allow for the unsupervised use of abortion drugs, which will actually increase maternal mortality in the developing world.”
Voice of Reason

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1360
Sep 7, 2012
 
Is his name "Democ rat" or "Democrap"? The Biggest Liar is Barack Hinsane Obama, or is it Barry Soetoro? What happened with "if the Unemployment is 8% or higher, I will be a one term president??????
Liar! Why doesn't the President know HOW MANY STATES ARE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA???? Fifty Seven states? Where did the other seven states come from????? Oh and while we are at it will someone please inform Mrs Obama that Election days is November 6th not November 2nd.....LOL. And the Democraps want you to vote for more unemployment, more losses of jobs, more fiscal spending to bankrupt the USA? Reasonable minds would like to know the answers to these LIES!!!!! Now that Obama has superseded the prior king of the "worse president the US has ever had....Jimmy Carter, at least Lyndon B Johnson, had more brains than "Barry", and didn't run for a second term. I guess that is why he "Locked away" the records of anyone that works for the Government, one of his first acts. You would have thought that getting the budget passed would have been, but no, the democraps which had control over both houses since the last two years of Bush, and the first two years of Obama, should have passed a budget quickly. Which proves he is the most inept, dumb, president we have ever had. Way over his head in any job that would require any experience, as all he ever had done was to be a "me too" Senator. Before that he was a "Community Organizer". Hey, I was a Union Organizer, I guess that qualifies me to be President also, and I can prove that I was born in the United States of America.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,141 - 1,160 of1,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Related Media

Massapequa Park Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]