Health Care Debate - Corbin, KY

Discuss the national Health Care debate in Corbin, KY.

Do you support President Obama's health care policy?

Corbin supports
Support
 
36
Oppose
 
35

Vote now in Corbin:

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
CURIOUS

Winchester, KY

#1 Sep 15, 2009
It isn't right to deny anyone healthcare
mom

Corbin, KY

#2 Sep 16, 2009
who's denying anyone healthcare?
lost in the system

Paris, KY

#3 Sep 17, 2009
I am, I was offered insurance during open enrollment at my job, then was denied insurance because I am predisposed to miscarriages. Because I had one 3 years ago, I can't get insurance. I am not even pregnant nor am I trying to get pregnant. So I don't get insurance.
someonewhocares

London, KY

#4 Sep 19, 2009
no one should be denied health insurance.
Forever Young

Middlesboro, KY

#5 Sep 19, 2009
At least for that reason. I really do feel for you lost in the system. I have been there. Hope things get better for you. Good Luck.
Paul

Murray, KY

#6 Sep 29, 2009
the government has enough control over our lives withoutletting it"the government " take ove rour personal lives.This country as great as it is ,in not ready for health care rationing
Single Mom

Corbin, KY

#7 Sep 29, 2009
I have 3 kids and I am pregnant. I have no health insurance. I am due in 2 months. How can I get medical care. I at least would like to get my kids ADHD medicine filled for free.
Paul

Murray, KY

#8 Oct 3, 2009
lost in the system wrote:
I am, I was offered insurance during open enrollment at my job, then was denied insurance because I am predisposed to miscarriages. Because I had one 3 years ago, I can't get insurance. I am not even pregnant nor am I trying to get pregnant. So I don't get .
for some reason i dont believe you are being honest about the miss carrages or insurance. I think you are an Obama plant
lost in the system

Winchester, KY

#9 Oct 3, 2009
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>for some reason i dont believe you are being honest about the miss carrages or insurance. I think you are an Obama plant
I am insulted and sickened at your remarks. The reason I don't have healthcare is due to a miscarriage, otherwise I am perfectly healthy hopefully, since I don't have coverage I can't afford to know for sure. And since you put Obama into this debate, I signed up before he was even President, and was turned down while Bush was in office. I do wish that someone, anyone would stand up and say, Enough. My taxes go to pay everything else, why not my own healthcare. If I am want healthcare and want to pay the outrageous price of it, shouldn't I get it. My taxes pay for people that can't afford healthcare, like medical cards, why can't I get that. Oh wait that's right, I work full-time, pay my bills and taxes on time and obey the law, I don't qualify. Your right I must be a plant, secretly hoping that Obama would win, and he would get this far with the healthcare debate, you caught me, the jig is up. It would only seem right to take one of the most emotional, horrifying, blaming myself every waking moment for a long time experiences to only be a plant for Obama Healthcare. I am so glad you took it upon yourself to call me out on my experience with insurance companies.

You are so sick to even think for one minute that I would lie about something so personal, when I am joining a conversation about people that need some reform from someone willing to do it. I hope that you never get sick from your prostate and your insurance company says, "Sorry your not covered, because you might have had a pre-existing condition with your prostate before now."
Paul

Murray, KY

#10 Oct 11, 2009
lost in the system wrote:
<quoted text>
I am insulted and sickened at your remarks. The reason I don't have healthcare is due to a miscarriage, otherwise I am perfectly healthy hopefully, since I don't have coverage I can't afford to know for sure. And since you put Obama into this debate, I signed up before he was even President, and was turned down while Bush was in office. I do wish that someone, anyone would stand up and say, Enough. My taxes go to pay everything else, why not my own healthcare. If I am want healthcare and want to pay the outrageous price of it, shouldn't I get it. My taxes pay for people that can't afford healthcare, like medical cards, why can't I get that. Oh wait that's right, I work full-time, pay my bills and taxes on time and obey the law, I don't qualify. Your right I must be a plant, secretly hoping that Obama would win, and he would get this far with the healthcare debate, you caught me, the jig is up. It would only seem right to take one of the most emotional, horrifying, blaming myself every waking moment for a long time experiences to only be a plant for Obama Healthcare. I am so glad you took it upon yourself to call me out on my experience with insurance companies.
You are so sick to even think for one minute that I would lie about something so personal, when I am joining a conversation about people that need some reform from someone willing to do it. I hope that you never get sick from your prostate and your insurance company says, "Sorry your not covered, because you might have had a pre-existing condition with your prostate before now."
The first thing you really need to underestand is how group insurance works.If you have a pre-existing condition you can only be denied for that condition for a set amount of time according to your employers policy.When an employer has open enrollment you are guarenteed insurance at that time.If you choose to wait you have to wait until the next open enrollment.I appreciate you concern for my health but I am in really good health.
kdavid

Middlesboro, KY

#12 Nov 16, 2009
i do not support it, because the bill says and states that if you do not have insurance you will be fined and put in jail it will be a law to have it and the americans we are half of us can not afford it!! ANIT-CHRIST if you ask me
BJ

Middlesboro, KY

#13 Dec 2, 2009
I don't need the government in my personal business. Butt out!
junior

Winchester, KY

#14 Dec 2, 2009
let us keep what we have
Oh Well

Winchester, KY

#15 Dec 2, 2009
If people do not have money for insurance....how are they going to get the money for a fine if they don't have the money for insurance in the first place? Sound like a plan to me!!!!
true

Middlesboro, KY

#16 Dec 3, 2009
Single Mom wrote:
I have 3 kids and I am pregnant. I have no health insurance. I am due in 2 months. How can I get medical care. I at least would like to get my kids ADHD medicine filled for free.
No pregnant woman in this country is denied medical care, to my knowledge. Now would be a good time to stop having babies. Pretty sure the state will pay for that, too.
Idiot

United States

#17 Dec 3, 2009
he couldn't run a sharp stick up a hogs butt
pissed

Middlesboro, KY

#18 Dec 15, 2009
he is destroying us,ever since he's been in office our wonderful country is a mess and all his bright ideas of taking the elderly benfits off of medicare(i know cause my dad's meds he gets alot have been took off medicare since his butt has got in there)i don't care what anybody thinks but i believe he is slowly trying to get rid of the elderly,him supporting abortion and gay rights he's no man and sure don't need where he's got power,no one especially the government should have the right to say if u can go to the doc.i will not support him on anything he does or listen to anything he says.
ME

Island City, KY

#19 Dec 16, 2009
YOU PEOPLE NEED TO SEE ALL THE PEOPLE I SEE DAILY THAT HAVE TO MAKE THE DECISION WHETHER TO EAT AND HAVE HEAT OR FILL THE MEDICINE THAT WILL HELP KEEP THEM ALIVE...YEA LET'S PUNISH PEOPLE ON FIXED INCOME AND THE POOR...I HOPE ONE DAY YOU ARE FACED WITH THAT PROBLEM! THEN YOU CAN SEE HOW IT FEELS.
me

Island City, KY

#20 Dec 16, 2009
I hope you get the chance to see the people i see daily that have to make the decision whether to eat and have heat in their home, or fill the medicine that will help keep them alive... yea lets punish people on a fixed income and the poor...I hope one day you are faced with this! Hope you get the chance to see how it feels!
Just Me

Winchester, KY

#21 Dec 16, 2009
Single Mom wrote:
I have 3 kids and I am pregnant. I have no health insurance. I am due in 2 months. How can I get medical care. I at least would like to get my kids ADHD medicine filled for free.
Cut the crap. If you already have 3 kids you know how to get free insurance for pregnant women and for kids. If you dont have insurance you need to consider not having more kids. Just a though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 29 min well well well 7,320
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min Cornelius Scudmister 155,490
News Flash 1 hr Knows it 7
Lynn camp middle and high school 1 hr Wondering 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Quantummist 131,113
Sell your old or broken Iphones (May '12) 4 hr moveituptherd 21
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,661

Related Media

Corbin Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]