Gun Laws Debate - Frankfort, KY

Discuss the national Gun Laws debate in Frankfort, KY.

Does the US need to reform its gun laws?

Frankfort thinks US gun laws are fine.
Not at all
 
28
Yes
 
7
Undecided
 
0

Vote now in Frankfort:

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big Jon

Frankfort, KY

#1 Jul 24, 2012
I have the right to own one, but choose not to.
Steve West

Frankfort, KY

#2 Jul 24, 2012
Guns dont kill people. It's the dumb asses that have the the guns!
imissheston

Frankfort, KY

#3 Jul 24, 2012
Just enforce the existing laws and PROSECUTE those who decide to be thugs. Banning guns (just because of unnecessary violence by a few crazy people) would be like banning all cars because of drunk drivers!
American

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2012
If they would punish the criminals when they commit the crimes then they could leave the law abiding citizen alone and quit trying to make criminals out of them
BackatCha

Summerville, SC

#5 Jul 24, 2012
The first rule of gun safety should be: Everybody should carry a gun.

I agree with your analysis imissheston...I think if there had been a half dozen armed "citizens" in the room, this idiot may have shot a few, but there would have been far fewer killed...and HE would have been one of them!!

Just to make a point to a neighbor, I once placed a loaded 9mm on a table in my living room for three days...it didn't kill anybody...

Guns and ammo don't kill people, people kill people..
its Sad

Frankfort, KY

#6 Jul 24, 2012
I think its my right to protect my family, no matter what.
Death

United States

#7 Jul 24, 2012
There's nothing wrong with a gun. It is a part of our history.
Cletus t snow

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 25, 2012
Death wrote:
There's nothing wrong with a gun. It is a part of our history.
if democrats take our guns away I think the people in this country uprise and start some kind revolution people feel very deeply about their guns .When I go to the poles Iam going to hit straight Republican button their all crooks I just vote on my gun rights and my wallet as far as my wallet is concerned I dont think any body has an idea sadly! People are afraid of bad people and these dam masacares keep happening iam afraid for my rights afraid some asswhole is gonna ruine it for everybody
Death

United States

#9 Jul 26, 2012
Big Jon wrote:
I have the right to own one, but choose not to.
I have the right to own/carry one and I do. It is always in reach in the auto and the dogs are going to start as soon as you get on the property. I don't want to hurt anybody but I don't want to be hurt either.
gerald

Frankfort, KY

#10 Jul 26, 2012
The system needs to Deal with criminals properly.
Guevon

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jul 27, 2012
Weapons are for the military and the police. Citizens who want them need to go through rigorous training and mental screening.....
Death

United States

#12 Jul 27, 2012
Guevon wrote:
Weapons are for the military and the police. Citizens who want them need to go through rigorous training and mental screening.....
I don't need training. I know how to break down my gun to clean, hit what I'm aiming at and to wait until I have a clear shot (do not want to shot a person unless they need it).
DUH

Bristol, VA

#13 Jul 27, 2012
Guevon wrote:
Weapons are for the military and the police. Citizens who want them need to go through rigorous training and mental screening.....
There have been instances of military folks doing this same type of thing. Remember Fort Hood? And I am sure someone can name a police officer who has done something similar also.

The problem here is not the guns. A gun is nothing more than a tool. In the hands of a right-minded person it can be used to defend life and liberty. In the hands of a wrong-minded person the opposite is true.

There is not a solution to these incidents. Taking guns away won't solve the problem. People will either find a way to illegally obtain a gun or they will find another method to carry out their madness. Establishing a national database for of people who have or are undergoing mental health issues would be a step forward, but that is giving up one right to help keep another. The background system as it is works well, but guns are (and should be) freely traded all across this country, and those transactions don't go through the background check system.

So, that leaves us with the only truly viable solution. Arm the populace. Like others have said before me, if someone there would have had a gun and the will to use it, this crazy might still have managed to kill some people, but he wouldn't have gotten as many as he did, and we (hopefully) wouldn't be facing the prospect of keeping him up for the rest of his life.

There are no other solutions that will work. If you think there are, ask Australia, England, Mexico, etc... Look at the examples in our own country where the highest per capita murder rates exist in the cities with the strictest gun laws.
Assumptions

Frankfort, KY

#14 Jul 27, 2012
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been instances of military folks doing this same type of thing. Remember Fort Hood? And I am sure someone can name a police officer who has done something similar also.
The problem here is not the guns. A gun is nothing more than a tool. In the hands of a right-minded person it can be used to defend life and liberty. In the hands of a wrong-minded person the opposite is true.
There is not a solution to these incidents. Taking guns away won't solve the problem. People will either find a way to illegally obtain a gun or they will find another method to carry out their madness. Establishing a national database for of people who have or are undergoing mental health issues would be a step forward, but that is giving up one right to help keep another. The background system as it is works well, but guns are (and should be) freely traded all across this country, and those transactions don't go through the background check system.
So, that leaves us with the only truly viable solution. Arm the populace. Like others have said before me, if someone there would have had a gun and the will to use it, this crazy might still have managed to kill some people, but he wouldn't have gotten as many as he did, and we (hopefully) wouldn't be facing the prospect of keeping him up for the rest of his life.
There are no other solutions that will work. If you think there are, ask Australia, England, Mexico, etc... Look at the examples in our own country where the highest per capita murder rates exist in the cities with the strictest gun laws.
This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Pistol Packin Momma

Frankfort, KY

#15 Jul 27, 2012
It's unAMERICAN to not want guns!!
Pistol Packin Momma

Frankfort, KY

#16 Jul 27, 2012
It was a gun that saved my life! I won't go in2 detail but I'm here because of a gun. More women die from violence every year than anything else...turn the news on I'm sure a woman's story is on the news now. I choose not to be a victim anymore and love my right to carry and defend myself. I have my concealed carry and carry proudly. I'm not afraid or ashamed to defend myself or my children. I'm not a felon, I've earned the right to pack. Nuff Said!! If ppl don't like it, move somewhere else!!
Julie

Lawrenceburg, KY

#17 Jul 29, 2012
It is my constitutional right to keep and bear arms and I intend to do so.
DUH

Bristol, VA

#18 Jul 29, 2012
Assumptions wrote:
<quoted text>
This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Sorry you cannot read and comprehend. Maybe get your daddy-uncle or your momma-sister to explain it to you.
Death

United States

#19 Jul 30, 2012
Julie wrote:
It is my constitutional right to keep and bear arms and I intend to do so.
I'm with you Julie. For every right we let the goverment take from us, they will want to take another. I've carried for 20 yrs. and have yet to use it on somebody. I break my guns down twice a year and clean and inspect them. I'll never give my gun up.
Mayor McSleaze

Frankfort, KY

#20 Jul 30, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cattleman's Steakhouse (Aug '09) 1 hr Why 40
Hudson Hollow steakhouse opening 4 hr Jason 49
What happened on holmes st 6 hr Heyhey 13
Melton almost leaves fiscal court meeting 6 hr Your dumb 20
Jeff Hancock new County Clerk Loser 7 hr Bad day for clerk... 12
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr Known Fact 131,906
No smoking at state office buildings 9 hr Howdy 167
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]