Gay Marriage Debate - Lebanon, PA

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Lebanon, PA.

Do you support gay marriage?

Lebanon opposes
Oppose
 
32
Support
 
28

Vote now in Lebanon:

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of567
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Penny

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 26, 2010
 
I am against gay marriage. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.
Steve

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 29, 2010
 
Being opening gay myself I do think it's only fair to be able to share the same thing as straight couples do.

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 29, 2010
 
I support gay marriage because I think that marriage is a union between two people that love one another. Two consenting adults that cannot have children who will have a multitude of genetic problems as a result of their decision to reproduce is a union that I'm alright with. I am a Christian, but I believe that if the excuse is that gay marriage is against what God intended, I'd have to say that Christianity cannot dictate the laws of the United States because this country does not have an official religion. We are free to practice whatever religion we want.

If marriage is a religious institution, then it shouldn't have anything to do with our government. I believe in a strong separation between church and state. We need to ensure that this separation stays strong. What is ruining the institution of marriage is promiscuity. People getting married and having affairs and divorcing within a few months. That is what is ruining marriage as an institution.. let's focus on that!

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 29, 2010
 
Penny wrote:
I am against gay marriage. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.
You're entitled to that opinion, but just out of curiosity, what are you basing that opinion on? What tells you that marriage is between a man and a woman?
Christian

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 29, 2010
 
Tvaldes
If you are a Christian then you will know the Bible says one man and one woman. Does not matter if it is a Christian nation or not. Gay marriage is against what God intended if he wanted man and man he would have made things that way. He made man and woman for a reason. God is the author of marriage he said in the Bible for a man to leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife. To many walking around calling themselves Christians in name only and yet go against what the Lord says. God even compares the church to a man and a woman and marriage. Never does he say anything about 2 men marrying or 2 women marrying.
G
Tvaldes wrote:
I support gay marriage because I think that marriage is a union between two people that love one another. Two consenting adults that cannot have children who will have a multitude of genetic problems as a result of their decision to reproduce is a union that I'm alright with. I am a Christian, but I believe that if the excuse is that gay marriage is against what God intended, I'd have to say that Christianity cannot dictate the laws of the United States because this country does not have an official religion. We are free to practice whatever religion we want.
If marriage is a religious institution, then it shouldn't have anything to do with our government. I believe in a strong separation between church and state. We need to ensure that this separation stays strong. What is ruining the institution of marriage is promiscuity. People getting married and having affairs and divorcing within a few months. That is what is ruining marriage as an institution.. let's focus on that!
Shocked

Myerstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 30, 2010
 
Tvaldes wrote:
I support gay marriage because I think that marriage is a union between two people that love one another. Two consenting adults that cannot have children who will have a multitude of genetic problems as a result of their decision to reproduce is a union that I'm alright with. I am a Christian, but I believe that if the excuse is that gay marriage is against what God intended, I'd have to say that Christianity cannot dictate the laws of the United States because this country does not have an official religion. We are free to practice whatever religion we want.
If marriage is a religious institution, then it shouldn't have anything to do with our government. I believe in a strong separation between church and state. We need to ensure that this separation stays strong. What is ruining the institution of marriage is promiscuity. People getting married and having affairs and divorcing within a few months. That is what is ruining marriage as an institution.. let's focus on that!
Well young man let me start by saying this to you.
1. I know you and you know me. Very well!
2. Seperation of church and State is mans law not GODS.
3. You need a lesson on why and how this Nation wsa founded.
4. If you are suggesting that "Gays" don't live in sin such as promiscuity, having affairs and divorce I would suggest you are lacking in the fundamental facts your basing your argument on.
5. You lost my respect not because you aren't a fine young man because you are. You lost me because you lost respect for the LORD and his people.
6. I seen you as and up & coming leader but, you just layed a wreath around that thought.
7. I hope you at least stop claiming yourself to be a Christian because it is a wreath around your neck and a warning sign to those who truly know him.

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 30, 2010
 
Christian wrote:
Tvaldes
If you are a Christian then you will know the Bible says one man and one woman. Does not matter if it is a Christian nation or not. Gay marriage is against what God intended if he wanted man and man he would have made things that way. He made man and woman for a reason. God is the author of marriage he said in the Bible for a man to leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife. To many walking around calling themselves Christians in name only and yet go against what the Lord says. God even compares the church to a man and a woman and marriage. Never does he say anything about 2 men marrying or 2 women marrying
G<quoted text>
I understand fully what the Bible says about homosexuality. I agree that it is a sin. I also know that I am no one to pass judgment upon another individual. I can't tell another person that they're going to hell. Who am I to judge? We are all sinners. The fact of the matter is that we cannot pass legislation on the basis of religion because not everyone in this country practices the same religion. I know that I would be PISSED if I had to do something out of respect to Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, or any other religion. I cannot hold this standard in some cases and not in others. That's hypocrisy and I cannot stand hypocrisy.

If God is the author of marriage, and that's the issue here, and if in fact marriage is a religious institution, then why does the government have anything to do with it? I am alright with giving everyone equal rights. That is what I am arguing for. You can call me a "Christian by name" if you'd like, but I know what I believe in. As a heterosexual, I can't say that I understand what homosexuals go through. I can't say that I understand or even accept their lifestyle 100% because my Christian beliefs tell me that it's wrong; however, I will fight for their rights any day. Religion and government have nothing to do with one another. If they aren't asking to be married in churches, I don't care. Let them have the same rights that heterosexual legally married couples have. Who does that hurt? Salvation is individual. We as Christians cannot condemn people and tell them that they are going to hell and expect that kind of an attitude to change them. It is not working.

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 30, 2010
 
Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
Well young man let me start by saying this to you.
1. I know you and you know me. Very well!
2. Seperation of church and State is mans law not GODS.
3. You need a lesson on why and how this Nation wsa founded.
4. If you are suggesting that "Gays" don't live in sin such as promiscuity, having affairs and divorce I would suggest you are lacking in the fundamental facts your basing your argument on.
5. You lost my respect not because you aren't a fine young man because you are. You lost me because you lost respect for the LORD and his people.
6. I seen you as and up & coming leader but, you just layed a wreath around that thought.
7. I hope you at least stop claiming yourself to be a Christian because it is a wreath around your neck and a warning sign to those who truly know him.
I'll address you in the same way that you addressed me.

#1 - Clearly, if you didn't know that I fully support gay marriage, you don't know me well. I am not going to limit my opinions to the standards that others have. I am liberal and my opinions do coincide greatly with the Democratic Party. I am all for equality, and believe that homosexuals should have the same legal rights as married couples enjoy today. I am not advocating for allowing them to get married in churches; that would be ridiculous. I am not disputing religion here. I did mention religion as a factor because some people mistakenly mix religion with this debate and that cannot continue to happen. People are free to practice whatever religion they want to practice, or not practice any religion at all.

#2 - I agree with you. I am a Christian and I understand that homosexuality is wrong in God's eyes. I understand that God hates sin. He loves the sinner, but hates the sin. You clearly seem to have a conservative mindset. That's fabulous! Conservatives consider the United States Constitution to be of paramount importance. Separation of church and state is fundamental in our Constitution. Remember that always.

#3 - A history lesson, or are you asking me to adopt your views as my? own? Is that your argument? I'm somehow less intelligent or capable of becoming a leader some day because I disagree? That's rather ridiculous, in my opinion.

#4 - I am not suggesting that gays are living in sin. You read into my words a little too far. What I said is this... My opinion is that the people who are harming marriage as an institution of this country are the people who engage in promiscuous behavior. They get married and divorce from one another in a few months. This indicates to me that they don't have a moral compass and that they joined together in marriage without truly loving one another. That is what I said, and I stand by that.

#5 - I didn't lose respect for the Lord. I am a Christian and I truly do believe that God sent His son to die for our sins. I love Christ with all of my heart and thank him for everything that I have accomplished in my life thus far. I ask him for guidance as I move on to the collegiate level. You lost respect for me because I disagree with you. I think that's what it boils down to. This is how debates work though. People agree to disagree and then they move on.

#6 - You are entitled to your own opinion. I cannot say that I value your opinion greatly because I don't know who you are. It's possible that I do, but since you posted anonymously, I don't know who you are so I cannot (at this time) say that your opinion matters much.

#7 - I will not stop affirming my Christian belief. I don't need your approval and I didn't ask for it either. I am a proud Christian and always will be :) The fact that I support and want to see equality in this country doesn't make me an atheist or anything of the sort. Let's be realistic.
Christian

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 30, 2010
 
Tvaldes
You are a hypocrite. You say one thing and they you claim another. Either God says its a sin and you stand against it or it is not a sin and you are for equal rights. I am a born again christian and I say homosexuality is a sin and I am against gays getting married because marriage is an institution made by God not by man. God made the first marriage in the garden with adam and eve and you or any other for that matter who comes against what he made will answer to him. So you will fight to pervert marriage? Marriage is a sacred thing between a man and a woman as God made it to be. To defile that marriage bed will only bring punishment on those people. I will stand up and say no to gay marriage because God made man and woman to come together not man and man or woman and woman. You are not a Christian except by name only. You cannot say in one sentence homosexuality is a sin then turn around and fight for their rights because you are basically fighting for their right to pervert something sacred that God made long ago.
Tvaldes wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand fully what the Bible says about homosexuality. I agree that it is a sin. I also know that I am no one to pass judgment upon another individual. I can't tell another person that they're going to hell. Who am I to judge? We are all sinners. The fact of the matter is that we cannot pass legislation on the basis of religion because not everyone in this country practices the same religion. I know that I would be PISSED if I had to do something out of respect to Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, or any other religion. I cannot hold this standard in some cases and not in others. That's hypocrisy and I cannot stand hypocrisy.
If God is the author of marriage, and that's the issue here, and if in fact marriage is a religious institution, then why does the government have anything to do with it? I am alright with giving everyone equal rights. That is what I am arguing for. You can call me a "Christian by name" if you'd like, but I know what I believe in. As a heterosexual, I can't say that I understand what homosexuals go through. I can't say that I understand or even accept their lifestyle 100% because my Christian beliefs tell me that it's wrong; however, I will fight for their rights any day. Religion and government have nothing to do with one another. If they aren't asking to be married in churches, I don't care. Let them have the same rights that heterosexual legally married couples have. Who does that hurt? Salvation is individual. We as Christians cannot condemn people and tell them that they are going to hell and expect that kind of an attitude to change them. It is not working.

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 30, 2010
 
Woops! For number 4, I meant to say "I am not suggesting that gays AREN'T living in sin"
Another Christian

Myerstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 31, 2010
 
Christian wrote:
Tvaldes
You are a hypocrite. You say one thing and they you claim another. Either God says its a sin and you stand against it or it is not a sin and you are for equal rights. I am a born again christian and I say homosexuality is a sin and I am against gays getting married because marriage is an institution made by God not by man. God made the first marriage in the garden with adam and eve and you or any other for that matter who comes against what he made will answer to him. So you will fight to pervert marriage? Marriage is a sacred thing between a man and a woman as God made it to be. To defile that marriage bed will only bring punishment on those people. I will stand up and say no to gay marriage because God made man and woman to come together not man and man or woman and woman. You are not a Christian except by name only. You cannot say in one sentence homosexuality is a sin then turn around and fight for their rights because you are basically fighting for their right to pervert something sacred that God made long ago.
<quoted text>
Well said. This young man chooses to have government as his GOD. He Chooses to have everybody equal off the backs of others. He chooses to obey mans law and not GODS. He chooses to have mans court and judicial system to be the final arbiter in all social problems. This is what separation of church and state means to a liberal. Shame GOD and his words don't support his conclusions.

I suppose he never learned a CHRISTIAN uses GODS law as the final arbiter not man. I would like to know what church he consumed this corrupt version of Christianity.
"Whoa to those in high places who lead my children astray".

As a professed Christian one would think he would be concerned about his salvation and seek the truth rather than the road to Blasphemy

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 1, 2010
 
Christian wrote:
Tvaldes
You are a hypocrite. You say one thing and they you claim another. Either God says its a sin and you stand against it or it is not a sin and you are for equal rights. I am a born again christian and I say homosexuality is a sin and I am against gays getting married because marriage is an institution made by God not by man. God made the first marriage in the garden with adam and eve and you or any other for that matter who comes against what he made will answer to him. So you will fight to pervert marriage? Marriage is a sacred thing between a man and a woman as God made it to be. To defile that marriage bed will only bring punishment on those people. I will stand up and say no to gay marriage because God made man and woman to come together not man and man or woman and woman. You are not a Christian except by name only. You cannot say in one sentence homosexuality is a sin then turn around and fight for their rights because you are basically fighting for their right to pervert something sacred that God made long ago.
<quoted text>
You can call me whatever the hell you want to call me. Your opinion doesn't mean anymore than mine does at this point. I'm obviously not the only Christian that holds these opinions and I don't need to justify myself or my opinions to you. I do not need to explain to you where I get my information from or where I got the idea that it's alright to support equality in this country while still affirming my Christian belief. If you seriously believe that I'll end up going to hell because I believe that gays should have the same LEGAL rights as everyone else, you're out of your mind. You're entitled to that opinion but you condemning me to hell doesn't mean that I will. Get over it.

I have said from the very beginning that if marriage is a religious institution, it should be taken out of the government. I don't care what name you want to give it. I just want gays to have the same legal rights. If it's civil unions that we want to go with, then fine, let's leave it at that. As long as the legal rights are the same, I don't care. I am not talking about forcing churches to bring gays together in Holy matrimony. I understand that this argument is ridiculous. I'm talking about legal rights. That's what I am talking about. I mentioned religion as a factor because that's why so many people are against gay marriage. I cannot set a standard for EVERYONE to abide by without taking into account the fact that not everyone shares the same beliefs as me. Let's not be so ridiculous and selfish. Your arguments remind me of the Westboro Baptist Church..

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 1, 2010
 
Another Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. This young man chooses to have government as his GOD. He Chooses to have everybody equal off the backs of others. He chooses to obey mans law and not GODS. He chooses to have mans court and judicial system to be the final arbiter in all social problems. This is what separation of church and state means to a liberal. Shame GOD and his words don't support his conclusions.
I suppose he never learned a CHRISTIAN uses GODS law as the final arbiter not man. I would like to know what church he consumed this corrupt version of Christianity.
"Whoa to those in high places who lead my children astray".
As a professed Christian one would think he would be concerned about his salvation and seek the truth rather than the road to Blasphemy
I don't choose to obey anything. I am understanding and sympathetic of the fact that we don't have a 100% Christian population. Separation of church and state means exactly what it says. It means that we the people have the right to be governed by people who will not impose religious beliefs upon us. I am a Christian, and I may not be offended by laws that are based upon Christianity, but I cannot accept the fact that it would involve imposing a religious belief upon so many other people who practice other religions or none at all. You can say that I'm a "Christian by name" and say that I am seeking the road to Blasphemy, say that I'm going to hell and whatever else you want. The fact of the matter is that neither of you are God and you are no one to pass judgment on homosexuals or me for supporting EQUALITY UNDER THE LAW. I am not disputing religion. I am not sitting here saying that homosexuality isn't a sin. I am discussing a legal issue because that is what this is. Religion is pushed into it by other people.
Christian

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 1, 2010
 
Tvaldes
The Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. If you do not agree with that then you are not a born again Christian. If you do agree with that then stop supporting something that is perverted and that is gay marriage. You can say all day you are a christian but your fruit show otherwise. By their fruit you will know them. Many Christians are for gay marriage and it shows what Hypocrites they are because you cannot say in one breath it is a sin then turn around and say homosexuals can marry. Do you know what {do not defile the marriage bed means)?
I could care less where you get your information from it is not from the Bible and that shows me you follow man and not God and his laws. God has laws set up also men and women come together and anything outside of this is sin. I never said you are going to hell now did I? But, you are leading others to hell by defiling the marriage bed and do not expect all Christians to come along side you and agree with you. Homosexuals already have the same legal rights they chose a life of sin (homosexuality). Now they have to live with those consequences and stop trying to defile the marriage bed with their lifestyle of sexual sin. God made marriage all you have to do is go back and look in the Bible which you appearently do not read. God has laws also and the government is not above God and his laws. Legal rights to sin and pervert a most holy sacred institution called marriage? Westboro Baptist Church says homosexuality is a sin and gay marriage is a perversion of that sin and I agree with them. I do not agree with them picketing and doing the other things they do, but they are right its a sin and you need to stop forcing their sin on the marriage bed. The Marriage bed is between a man and a woman and that is what God said not me, not the baptist, not anyone else. You will answer to a Holy God for the way you support perversion. Do not sit here and tell me you do not support the sin of homosexuality you do when you support their agenda of gay marriage. You are basically saying its a sin but thats okay cause they deserve equal rights anyway. Since when does sin deserve rights? God said to call out sin and expose it and denounce it not support it. You are doing what the Bible says many will do in the last days before the return of Christ. You are calling evil good and good evil. Homosexuality is sin and wrong and I will not support sin in a marriage whether homosexuality, divorce, or adultery. Learn your Bible Mr supposed Christian. A man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife. Now show me where it says he should leave his mother and father and cling to another man and I will drop this whole discussion. Woe to those who call evil good.

“Tito”

Since: Sep 08

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 2, 2010
 
It's the same thing over and over again. I don't see anything new in your posts. It's all the same. It's insane and I cannot believe that you would sit here and acknowledge that you agree with the people of the Westboro Baptist Church. I am not a hypocrite. If the term "marriage" is the issue, then as I have said MULTIPLE TIMES NOW, let's take the word marriage out of our government. Civil unions would be fine with me as long as they have the same legal rights. The Westboro Baptist Church emphasizes homosexuality as a sin, and their message is that God hates homosexuals, or as their web site calls them, fags. It's ridiculous. God doesn't hate anyone, and if YOU are here to defend that position to ME, you are going to be UNSUCCESSFUL. God doesn't hate ANY of His children. God HATES sin, but He does NOT hate sinners. Don't be so ridiculous.
Why is there such an emphasis on homosexuality? Are you a sinner, Christian? Tell me that now. Humans have a sinful nature. God knew this, and that is why He sent his son to die for us on our cross. You can condemn me to hell. It doesn't matter to me, to be honest. I don't even know who you are - much less do I care if you think that I'm going to hell. You are in no position to judge anyone, so if I am going to hell for supporting equal rights, I'll see you there because you are not loving your neighbor as you love yourself when you sit here and tell me that you agree with the message that the Westboro Baptist Mental Institution sends to the people of this country. It's ridiculous. I cannot believe how narrow-minded you can be.
Are you telling me that if I spend a lifetime talking to people about God and about the great things that He does for us, His children, that I will go to hell as a result of my decision to support equality? Come on man. Get real. You are a right-wing lunatic and you are hiding behind your Bible to justify bigotry and your own prejudices. It has nothing to do with Christianity. When you sit here and announce your agreement with the Westboro Baptist Church, it has nothing to do with Christianity or love for God. It has to do with transmitting a message of hate to the American people and Christianity is NOT about hate as far as I know.
I don't justify Atheism, but I do try to understand why people would be so reluctant to turn to Christ. I understand their reluctance to an extent when they see these lunatics that are said to represent Christianity, and then other individuals such as yourself who claim to be representatives of Christ SUPPORTING the message transmitted by the Westboro Baptist Church being so bigoted and narrow-minded. As I said, I do not justify Atheism, because I don't find a reason in my heart to turn away from Christ, but I have discussed the issue of not having Faith with a few people who aren't believers and the general consensus is that they do not want to get closer to a religion that is represented by a bunch of narrow-minded BULLIES. That's what it is.
In Shirley Phelps world, God forgives her sin, and everyone else is at the mercy of God. It's ridiculous. You can sin and repent, but no one else is capable of doing so. Get real..
WTF

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 2, 2010
 
Tvaldes would make a fine liberal.
BS on top of BS and saying nothing.
I can't recall Adam and Adam in the garden of Eden.
Gays cannot reproduce. The land would become dry and unproductive much like Tvaldes babble.
Yet Another Christian

Myerstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 2, 2010
 
Tvaldes wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't choose to obey anything. I am understanding and sympathetic of the fact that we don't have a 100% Christian population. Separation of church and state means exactly what it says. It means that we the people have the right to be governed by people who will not impose religious beliefs upon us. I am a Christian, and I may not be offended by laws that are based upon Christianity, but I cannot accept the fact that it would involve imposing a religious belief upon so many other people who practice other religions or none at all. You can say that I'm a "Christian by name" and say that I am seeking the road to Blasphemy, say that I'm going to hell and whatever else you want. The fact of the matter is that neither of you are God and you are no one to pass judgment on homosexuals or me for supporting EQUALITY UNDER THE LAW. I am not disputing religion. I am not sitting here saying that homosexuality isn't a sin. I am discussing a legal issue because that is what this is. Religion is pushed into it by other people.
I'm curious, what is you Christian opinion on Abortion? What is your Christian opinon on Transvestits, shouldn't they also be setting in you church's pew?

Many people claim to know him but, few follow him.
Christian

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 2, 2010
 
Tvaldes,
Why do you sit here and lie? I never said I agree totally with Westboro Baptist Church? How am I insane? Because I say homosexuality is a sin? and that allowing gay marriage is to say that sin is okay? I am putting out to you that you say one thing and then another. You cannot have your cake and eat it to. Either homosexuality is sin or it is not. If it is then you do not support sin. That is how I look at things if adultery is sin then do I support a man that cheats on his wife? No, I do not.
Marriage is for men and women NOT men and men or women and women. This is how things get perverted but you as a young person have no clue about this. You sit here and say lets give them equal rights okay lets do that once they stop being homosexuals because if they did then they would have the same rights as every other human to marry. They want to change the definition of marriage and you and other so called Christians are coming along side of them and helping them do this. Do not defile the marriage bed the Bible says go and learn what that means.
There is an emphasis on homosexuality because that is the topic or did you not ready the topic GAY MARRIAGE? I am not a person that lives in sin but have been delievered out of sin. If you sin everyday then I would question whether your a real follower of Christ because the Bible says shall we continue in sin that grace abound? God forbid!!Go and read Romans 6-8 it tells you not to continue to live in sin and the homosexuals do this daily.
Just because we have a sinful nature does not mean that we cannot overcome sin thru the Blood of Jesus Christ. Sin is a choice we decide on. We do not have to sin daily and do wrong, but because we are human alot of times we sin because we like to sin. I personally do not like to take the Blood of Jesus thru the mud on a daily basis after all he has done for me. Christians are to be different from the world people like you make Christians look bad you say one thing and then do another.
Why do you continue to lie? I never said you were going to hell. Show me in the post where I said that please. You have a real guilt complex problem. I have never judged you thats another lie from you. All I have said is that homosexuality is sin and I will not vote for homosexuals to pervert marriage with their sin and yet you "claim" to be Christian and you are ready to pervert the marriage bed with homosexuals having rights they already have if they come out of their lifestyle of homosexuality.
I am BIGOTED and NARROWMINDED because I believe its a sin to be homosexual and to allow them to pervert what God ordained? HAVE YOU LOST your marbles or you just a Christian in name only. Then call me a bigot and narrowminded because I will stand up for Christ and count the cost of sin being sin and not voting to allow sinners rights they do not deserve.
I never said God hated anyone another one of your lies. You twist everything I say on here. Let me put it plain I believe God LOVES the homosexuality but as a Christian I do NOT believe God wants me to sit here and support their SIN of homosexuality by perverting what HE made and that is a man and a woman to come together in HOLY matrimony.
AGAIN, I never said you could NOT sin and repent... You can but do you sin and repent over and over??? or do you repent and turn away from that particular sin? Homosexuality is a sin and I will NOT support it as a sin or any other sin for that matter. If I sin I repent and do not keep doing it thats how you become LIKE Christ.
Christ tells us to love the sinners and hate the sin. I love the homosexual person not condone their behavior. I have no tolerance for sin and if more Christians were like this then the church would not be as messed up as it is today. Narrowminded because I say NO to equal rights to pervert something so HOLY and Sacred called the marriage bed? You are young and have a lot to learn.
Christian

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 2, 2010
 
Correction
I never said God hated anyone another one of your lies. You twist everything I say on here. Let me put it plain I believe God loves the HOMOSEXUAL but as a Christian I do NOT believe God wants me to sit here and support their SIN of homosexuality by perverting what HE made and that is a man and a woman to come together in HOLY matrimony.

sorry I put before God loves the homosexuality. He does not love homosexuality.
God calls homosexuality an abomination in Leviticus.

“the baby who would be king!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

fort worth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 2, 2010
 
Tvaldes wrote:
I support gay marriage because I think that marriage is a union between two people that love one another. Two consenting adults that cannot have children who will have a multitude of genetic problems as a result of their decision to reproduce is a union that I'm alright with. I am a Christian, but I believe that if the excuse is that gay marriage is against what God intended, I'd have to say that Christianity cannot dictate the laws of the United States because this country does not have an official religion. We are free to practice whatever religion we want.
If marriage is a religious institution, then it shouldn't have anything to do with our government. I believe in a strong separation between church and state. We need to ensure that this separation stays strong. What is ruining the institution of marriage is promiscuity. People getting married and having affairs and divorcing within a few months. That is what is ruining marriage as an institution.. let's focus on that!
wonderful post !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of567
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lebanon Discussions

Search the Lebanon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 8 hr Prince Reinbus 51,253
Lebanon judge dismisses most of suit filed agai... 21 hr lady 11
Working for Hershey Suck Apr 12 lady 4
Lebanon detective removed from drug task force (Apr '12) Apr 12 lady 40
Dog wardens checking for license, rabies compli... Apr 11 lady 2
Lebanon” Levi Stoltzfus (Jan '13) Apr 8 cwheelsp 24
Witness: Hower had the knife (May '11) Apr 3 Convict 15

Lebanon Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]