Gay Marriage Debate - Lawrenceburg, KY

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Lawrenceburg, KY.

Do you support gay marriage?

Lawrenceburg supports
Support
 
44
Oppose
 
42

Vote now in Lawrenceburg:

Comments
101 - 120 of 146 Comments Last updated -
Here

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Mar 25, 2012
 
Think about it wrote:
If homosexuality is genetic, then why is the Human species the only one that exhibits this behavior?
Do you see gay dogs,cats, horses, sheep, fish, bees, snakes, frogs or whatever?
No. Plain and simple, homosexuality is a corruption of the MIND, not the genetic makeup.
And in response to WOW...God does not love homosexuals. God has no tolerance for homosexuals and in the OT, the law was that they be put to death.
Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an ABOMINATION: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
Secondly, eternal life is not "chosen" by God or earned by man. It is a gift, given freely to those who believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and accept that he died to pay for their sins.
You are correct, it is not our (Christians) place to judge. That is up to God. But homosexuality is a sin in God's eyes, regardless of what secular beliefs you have.
Can a homosexual be forgiven of their sins? Absolutely!
Once any sinner accepts Jesus Christ as their saviour, God, through the Holy Spirit begins to guide them to depart from their sins and live a holy life. This change does not happen instantly however. God molds a Christian over many years.
So those who would bash Christians need to realize, we, just like anyone else, are a work in progress. We are not perfect, but we are forgiven.
It is not a Christian's place to judge anyone however. It is our place to pray for them that they might be enlightened to change their ways.
I hate to ruin your bubble, Christian retard. But humans are most defiantly not the only ones who display signs of homosexuality. You know these things, they are called bats. Nasty looking thinks, like rats with wings. Anyways they display the highest activity of homosexuality. If you read a book(and not that shitty bible), or even watch the news you may just learn something.

Go gays and screw all those haters!!
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Mar 25, 2012
 
I believe in equal rights, but redifining marriage is not a right. Society, however, has the right to define its institutions.
True

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
May 2, 2012
 
We have a right to love who we want
True

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
May 2, 2012
 
just to say.. the bible says tho shalt judge others.. and i was raised caltholic n how wrong it is, but i cnt help how i am, i dnt think its wrong to love the same sex, and just to say all u bible nuts who keep saying its wrong, there were several religions before jeses was even born, so im goin with the sayings n religion that came before him
hmm

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
May 2, 2012
 
Here wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to ruin your bubble, Christian retard. But humans are most defiantly not the only ones who display signs of homosexuality. You know these things, they are called bats. Nasty looking thinks, like rats with wings. Anyways they display the highest activity of homosexuality. If you read a book(and not that shitty bible), or even watch the news you may just learn something.
Go gays and screw all those haters!!
Out of that whole comment you pick the least irrelevant one to make your point? wow is all i have to say....
hmm

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
May 2, 2012
 
I am a Christian and i believe that people have to right to choose whether or not they want to be gay, its not my business but i do believe it is wrong and i believe that marriage is between man and woman. Am I'm tired of hearing homosexuals that they were born that way because there is no physiology contributing to that claim and there has been ton of research. Plus, i saw on tv that a man was gay and thought he was born that way and had realized it was wrong and married a woman. Now tell me try to argue the point he was born with it when he made a conscious choice to turn away from it. Im not bashing homosexuals because i have a couple friends and know a couple others but that is my stand on the issue.
seriously

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
May 3, 2012
 
God didn't intend for same sex couples or marriage... If he did it would be
budboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Jun 27, 2012
 
Life, Liberty & the pursuit of Happiness is meaningless without Love. Absolutely no reason to continue discriminating gay people.
Lucy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Jun 27, 2012
 
It has nothing to do with religion. Everything to do with humanity and society.
budboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Jun 27, 2012
 
Incredible how many use the bible to substantiate their bias attitude towards gay people. In 2 of the 4 gospels Luke & Matthew speak of the Centurian & his slaveboy whom cross paths with Jesus. Jesus helped the boy, the same sex lover of the Centurian. Neither Jesus, Luke or Matthew cast any negative judgment on them. Are those casting negative judgment against gays here better than Luke?, better than Matthew?, better than Jesus?
where oh where

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Jul 2, 2012
 
Where will you allow yourself to be taken?
The american people eat on average 4 pounds of shrimp annually. The bible states it's an abomination to eat shellfish. Oops!!!
hmm

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Jul 2, 2012
 
thers many people who dont cast judgement on them, i dont believe its right but im not judging
Wrong

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Jul 3, 2012
 
hmm wrote:
I am a Christian and i believe that people have to right to choose whether or not they want to be gay, its not my business but i do believe it is wrong and i believe that marriage is between man and woman. Am I'm tired of hearing homosexuals that they were born that way because there is no physiology contributing to that claim and there has been ton of research. Plus, i saw on tv that a man was gay and thought he was born that way and had realized it was wrong and married a woman. Now tell me try to argue the point he was born with it when he made a conscious choice to turn away from it. Im not bashing homosexuals because i have a couple friends and know a couple others but that is my stand on the issue.
All of your posts make me sick...you are a self rightous piece of shit... I hope you don't have kids who tell you they are gay...you are born that way educate yourself. By the way Obama is ahead of the polls and health care reform IS going to happen and Obama WILL be presindent for 4 more years YEA
okie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Jul 3, 2012
 
Who cares? It isn't hurting you!
Scott

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Jul 4, 2012
 
rainbows wrote:
Rainbows are everywhere. That's what gays call themselves.
My favorite rainbow is the one is in the sky. Remembering that's a promise from God not to destroy the the earth again by flooding.
Gays should get another logo. Not a rainbow. God made the rainbow.
If you want to be gay be gay. You are not that way until you commit the act.
Just another temptation. I'm not a coke head until I do coke. I'm not a liar until I lie. I'm not a drunk until I drink. I'm not a judge. Just saying. Who isn't drawn to something that is tempting?
your a fkn nut case, I don't call myself rainbow, and I don't I know anyone that does. I have a name and it's Scott. You can call me by my name, I'm not some closet case that hides behind the computer.
hey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Jul 5, 2012
 
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your posts make me sick...you are a self rightous piece of shit... I hope you don't have kids who tell you they are gay...you are born that way educate yourself. By the way Obama is ahead of the polls and health care reform IS going to happen and Obama WILL be presindent for 4 more years YEA
self rightous? Im not bashing gay people you ingorant moron and i have researched it and i have taken multiple physiology classes. There is no definite facts to suppose they are born being gay. And your wrong, obama is not ahead in polls. Even liberal polls show romney is ahead even with women. And can you even tell me one thing about the health care bill that will be good for everyone in the long run? I bet you cant can you...
where oh where

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Jul 5, 2012
 
Let's say the individuals who feel gay people are not born gay ; it's a choice are correct. Also those who quote the bible to condem gays are justified. Then where oh where is all the outrage for the 100+ million heterosexual americans that have already tossed their kid in the garbage; even though it:s completely legal to do so? Where oh where is the outrage for these wars we americans choose to fight; even though most states could not economically survive without the money the military stucture pumps into the economy?
where oh where

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Jul 5, 2012
 
The following quote fits into this ridiculous debate...Morality is doing what is right regardless what you are told. Religion & follow the government is doing what you are told regardless what is right.
hey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Jul 5, 2012
 
"where oh where" no one cares what you have to say, your completely off topic
I imagine______

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Jul 19, 2012
 
If topix had been around prior to the usa's civil war there would have been more kentuckians opposed to releasing slaves than in favor. Or just in communites as lburg? And prior to WW1, had topix been around more kentuckians would have been opposed to letting women vote. Or again, just in communities around kentucky as lburg?
Just wondering ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Lawrenceburg Forum right now

Search the Lawrenceburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min sam i am 147,115
Ben Carlson 35 min Wayne 2
pill/heroin peddlers 1 hr shazz 45
gas station by parkway robbed. 2 hr WOW 8
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 5 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
Stephanie Cummins 10 hr lol 3

Lawrenceburg Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]