Gay Marriage Debate - Jackson, MI

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in Jackson, MI.

Do you support gay marriage?

Jackson opposes
Oppose
 
34
Support
 
29

Vote now in Jackson:

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of43
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mary Phelan

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 3, 2012
 
God, said between man & woman in the Bible,not between same.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 6, 2012
 
its just not the way God planned for us to live
Wendy

La Vergne, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 26, 2012
 
Everyone has the right to love who they want and have the same benefits that straight couples do.
Wendy

La Vergne, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 26, 2012
 
It is amazing that in this day and age that people still hide behind the bible and pick out what they want from it. Unfortunately, the bible still says that slavery is acceptable and women should be seen and not heard. If you still believe that then you aren't a true christian. I don't think God makes mistakes and made people gay to have them suffer and be treated horribly. They deserve to love who they want and have all the benefits that straight couples do. Do you really want to be that person who discriminates against some for who they are. It is really sad and it sickens me how we still discriminate against a group of people. Wake up America we are in 2012 and you can't discriminate by throwing a bible verse from centuries old to get away with it! Educate yourself on human rights and the first amendment!
Rebecca Deadman

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 5, 2012
 
I am a lesbian and have been in a relationship for 17 years and just want the rights all of my straight friends have...most of whom have gotten divorced within 5-10 years of their marriage
Becky

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 5, 2012
 
I cannot believe people still pick and choose what to judge people on from the bible. First of all I do believe it says somewhere in there "thou shalt not judge" That is God's job not yours. Also, the bible was written thousands of years ago. Times have changed people get on with your lives! Live and let live. I do not judge the millions of failed straight marriages so you should not judge my successful 17 year relationship...and still going strong with our without your acceptance.
Jim Orlos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 20, 2012
 
It's called equal rights, not special rights,
Correction Please

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 28, 2012
 
Jim Orlos wrote:
It's called equal rights, not special rights,
Everyone already has equal rights. Marriage is not one of them.
Correction Please

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 28, 2012
 
Nancy wrote:
Love is love
What on Earth is that supposed to mean ???

LOL
Randy

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 8, 2012
 
mickey wrote:
You people judging shame on you nope im not gay and none of my 9 kids are either but dont really know anyone that is or dont care if they are do you think gay people choose to be gay if so you are just plain stupid!!!!!!when suppoeting gay marriage you support gods children for how God chose to put them on earth


God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. it is a choice, if your gonna make comments like that you should at least read Gods word. let the facts be known
Steve

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 9, 2012
 
Religious beliefs
hwyangel

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jul 26, 2012
 
Marriage (as opposed to civil union) should remain a support for children.
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jul 26, 2012
 
Steve wrote:
Religious beliefs
Which is personal and no reason to deny a U.S. citizen equal rights.
hwyangel

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jul 26, 2012
 
decide his own destiny wrote:
Judge not lest you shall be judged.
Why is it that people who call themselves Christians choose only to focus on one small area of the bible while they ignore all the other areas? It is not your place to judge anyone. It is not your place to vote on how other people live their lives! I believe you should defer judgement to the god you claim to believe in, though your words would seem to indicate that you do not believe. Learn not to hate. learn not to judge. Respect all people!
We are not talking about being gay, we are talking about same sex marriage. Not the same thing.
Despite what you hear from the Gay Elite, there is not a consensus in the gay community about gay marriage. Not all gay men and women support gay marriage, just as not all women support contraception and abortion rights and not all minorities support affirmative action.
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jul 26, 2012
 
hwyangel wrote:
Marriage (as opposed to civil union) should remain a support for children.
Oh I guess I missed something
A) Since ssc have do and will continue to have children, then accourding to you they should be allowed to get married in support of their children.
B) I missed the part where procreation was a prereq. for marriage. Assuming you are or were married, did you see that clause on your marriage license, the one that said you had to be able to biologically conceive children to marry?.... I know it wasnt on mine
hwyangel

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jul 26, 2012
 
no big O wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I guess I missed something
A) Since ssc have do and will continue to have children, then accourding to you they should be allowed to get married in support of their children.
B) I missed the part where procreation was a prereq. for marriage. Assuming you are or were married, did you see that clause on your marriage license, the one that said you had to be able to biologically conceive children to marry?.... I know it wasnt on mine
Same sex marriage changes marriage in alot of ways. For example, teen pregnancy. There is not an increase of teen pregnancy, only an extreme increase of UNWED teens that are pregnant. If marriage is not about children then why should they get married if they can get a child support check, or two if they marry someone of the same sex, and a welfare check? And who do you suppose gets to pay for this increase in welfare?
EXAMPLE: A child's right to medical history or ancestry.
EXAMPLE: A child's right to know a father and a mother.
EXAMPLE: Polygamy. Same sex marriage does not eliminate or establish child support from a missing biological parent. So if two women get married and each have a child. What you have is two sets of children with four legally responsible adults.
EXAMPLE: Same sex marriage discriminates against two consenting adults who are related. The reason for prohibiting the marriage of people who are related is to protect children from deformity and disabilty.
In fact the NH state house judiciary committee approved a bill to ban same sex marriage and replace with a civil union to prevent discrimination. And of course that is being fought by same sex marriage advocates. Do you honestly believe it's because they are concerned about children?
I have more but I need to get back to work.
hwyangel

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jul 26, 2012
 
Here is one more. Gay and lesbian advocates led to the establishment of strong protections to ensure the confidential treatment of AIDS- and HIV-related information.
For this reason blood tests for marriage is being eliminated leaving children vulnerable to infection.
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jul 26, 2012
 
hwyangel wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage changes marriage in alot of ways. For example, teen pregnancy. There is not an increase of teen pregnancy, only an extreme increase of UNWED teens that are pregnant. If marriage is not about children then why should they get married if they can get a child support check, or two if they marry someone of the same sex, and a welfare check? And who do you suppose gets to pay for this increase in welfare?
EXAMPLE: A child's right to medical history or ancestry.
EXAMPLE: A child's right to know a father and a mother.
EXAMPLE: Polygamy. Same sex marriage does not eliminate or establish child support from a missing biological parent. So if two women get married and each have a child. What you have is two sets of children with four legally responsible adults.
EXAMPLE: Same sex marriage discriminates against two consenting adults who are related. The reason for prohibiting the marriage of people who are related is to protect children from deformity and disabilty.
In fact the NH state house judiciary committee approved a bill to ban same sex marriage and replace with a civil union to prevent discrimination. And of course that is being fought by same sex marriage advocates. Do you honestly believe it's because they are concerned about children?
I have more but I need to get back to work.
"For example, teen pregnancy."
WHAT????? You are against ssm because of preg. teens..... anyone else fail to see the logic (such that it is) Strike 1

EXAMPLE: A child's right to medical history or ancestry.
EXAMPLE: A child's right to know a father and a mother.
Sorry, unless you ban adoption this is a false argument... same issue comes with hetero adoption... so no argument against ssm Strike 2

EXAMPLE: Polygamy. Same sex marriage does not eliminate or establish child support from a missing biological parent. So if two women get married and each have a child. What you have is two sets of children with four legally responsible adults.

First look up def. of polygamy.....
Second check into sperm banks. You will see that the doner relinquishes all rights to sperm and what is made of it. Also the person recieving the donation relinquishes all rights to go after the doner....
Third... again this is not unique to ssm as artificial insem. happens to hetero couples and hetero single women... so strike 3

: Same sex marriage discriminates against two consenting adults who are related. The reason for prohibiting the marriage of people who are related is to protect children from deformity and disabilty.

Again WHAT...
A) if you want to go down that tangent, then osc should be outlawed. Using your logic (again in the loosest of terms) osc does not allow two consenting adults who are related (blood kin) to marry for same reason. B) IF two ss people of the same family would be allowed to marry then as you have alluded to they wont be able to have children so no genetic damage.....
C) If the ssc had kids, a doner egg or sperm would be needed thus would not happen for blood kin....
Strike 1

In fact the NH state house judiciary committee approved a bill to ban same sex marriage and replace with a civil union to prevent discrimination. And of course that is being fought by same sex marriage advocates. Do you honestly believe it's because they are concerned about children?

First IT IS NOT ABOUT CHILDREN UNLESS YOU CAN SHOW A CLAUSE IN THE MARRIAGE LICENSE REQUIRING THE COUPLE TO HAVE CHILDREN.
Second, it is being fought because c.u. are not the same and offer less benifits than a marriage license... Like you getting a corvette, and some one telling you for no good reason you must give it up and drive a KIA ...
both are cars so must be equal right. Strike 2

I have more but I need to get back to work.

Oh please do come back with more... you almost have a full inning of outs.
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jul 26, 2012
 
hwyangel wrote:
Here is one more. Gay and lesbian advocates led to the establishment of strong protections to ensure the confidential treatment of AIDS- and HIV-related information.
For this reason blood tests for marriage is being eliminated leaving children vulnerable to infection.
Really....
Do you really believe that by the time two people osc or ssc agree to get married, they do not know if one is HIV positive?.... So strike 3 two outs
Stuart Cudahy

Burpengary, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Aug 20, 2012
 
christ isnt interested in denial
How we treat each other, each ind
ividual soul is all. We are the children of our fate
God watches. See with one perfect love

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of43
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson Discussions

Search the Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Valerie Gillespie/Leary Apr 2 Info 1
Columbia Township Treasurer John Calhoun announ... Apr 1 del anteau 1
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
Overturn a boring sex life: Tips for rekindling... Mar '14 Keabloc 2
Elisha Rutan (Jan '09) Mar '14 concernedaunt 26

Jackson Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]