Gay Marriage Debate - El Paso, TX

Discuss the national Gay Marriage debate in El Paso, TX.

Do you support gay marriage?

El Paso opposes
Oppose
 
337
Support
 
324

Vote now in El Paso:

Comments
1 - 20 of 4,987 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 250
Next Last
Crusader

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 26, 2010
 
Marriage is not for same couples, it isn't natural.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 27, 2010
 
The sanctity of Marriage does not need to be fundamentally redefined to make a few individules feel better about themselves
Nancy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 27, 2010
 
chief22 wrote:
The sanctity of Marriage does not need to be fundamentally redefined to make a few individules feel better about themselves
The legal contract of Marriage does not need to be fundamentally redifined as sacred in order to make a few individuals feel better about themselves and their religious authority.
BESSY_MAE_CULO

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 27, 2010
 
SAME SEX MARRIAGE IS JUST PLAIN WRONG , IT ALSO SERVES NO PURPOSE
BESSY_MAE_CULO

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 27, 2010
 
SAME SEX MARRIAGE IS JUST PLAIN WRONG , IT ALSO SERVES NO PURPOSE. you can't make babies with spit

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 27, 2010
 
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal contract of Marriage does not need to be fundamentally redifined as sacred in order to make a few individuals feel better about themselves and their religious authority.
considering that the legal definition of marriage is the union of one man and one woman...You need a fundamental redefinition
Maria

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 27, 2010
 
Anything that goes against nature is bound to have repercussions. Doesn't matter how you "feel", what matters is what is truly natural. I know some animals are also "homosexual" but they don't know any better because thay do not think nor rationalize like a human brain will. Just my opinion and it will never change no matter what.
Nancy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 27, 2010
 
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
considering that the legal definition of marriage is the union of one man and one woman...You need a fundamental redefinition
I guess that was why the religious right was pushing to legally define marriage as one man and one woman. But that is not really what I said was it? You need to redefine a legal contract as sacred to maintain your authority by religion. Sorry, its only sacred if you want it to be.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 27, 2010
 
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that was why the religious right was pushing to legally define marriage as one man and one woman. But that is not really what I said was it? You need to redefine a legal contract as sacred to maintain your authority by religion. Sorry, its only sacred if you want it to be.
Actually marriage is already legally defined as one man and one woman, and we are trying to keep it that way, since it the only natural an normal relationship to create and rear future generations.
Nancy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 27, 2010
 
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually marriage is already legally defined as one man and one woman, and we are trying to keep it that way, since it the only natural an normal relationship to create and rear future generations.
But since it is not a religious relationship, only a legal one, it can and will be changed. What is natural and normal, even if your assertion were true, has no bearing on what is legal.
AMC15

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 27, 2010
 
God, our "Creator" loves all his/her children, she/he created all of us, straight, gay, black, white, yellow, brown... so, why should it matter?

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 27, 2010
 
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
But since it is not a religious relationship, only a legal one, it can and will be changed. What is natural and normal, even if your assertion were true, has no bearing on what is legal.
not here is TX any time soon. Thats why the effort by religous people and conservatives and people who value the traditions of this society and nation.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 27, 2010
 
AMC15 wrote:
God, our "Creator" loves all his/her children, she/he created all of us, straight, gay, black, white, yellow, brown... so, why should it matter?
God hates sin, homosexual behavior is sin, that is why it matters.
AMC15

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 27, 2010
 
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
God hates sin, homosexual behavior is sin, that is why it matters.
"sin"?...what exactly does that mean to you? I think that is for each one of us to decide for our own fate, our path, not for others to decide how we should live our life here on this earth. if we are to be "judged", then let the time and place be in front of God when when we die. Otherwise, those without the "proverbial sin" cast the first stone...as long as it doesn't hurt anyone...i still feel it shouldn't matter....we are not to judge...
Nancy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 27, 2010
 
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
not here is TX any time soon. Thats why the effort by religous people and conservatives and people who value the traditions of this society and nation.
It is inevitable because the laws of the nation apply regardless of religion or what you want the values of the nation to be.
Tarkington

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 27, 2010
 
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
God hates sin, homosexual behavior is sin, that is why it matters.
My god hates sin, interference with the lives of consenting adults is sin, that is why you are a sinner.
Don Joto

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 27, 2010
 
as long as they don't hurt anyone, live and let live.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 27, 2010
 
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is inevitable because the laws of the nation apply regardless of religion or what you want the values of the nation to be.
Marriage is the jurisdiction of each and every State, under the Constitution, y'all might try to go from state to state and try to find a freindly judge, since you lose everytime homosexual marriage is up for any kind of vote.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 27, 2010
 
Tarkington wrote:
<quoted text>
My god hates sin, interference with the lives of consenting adults is sin, that is why you are a sinner.
Since you don't even capitalize your god I can infer that you don't even respect him, he must be a false god and not the God of the Holy Bible.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 27, 2010
 
Don Joto wrote:
as long as they don't hurt anyone, live and let live.
That was the philophosy of Neville Chamberlin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 250
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]