Election Poll, June 2012 Debate - Rogersville, TN

Discuss the national Election Poll, June 2012 debate in Rogersville, TN.

If the election were held tomorrow, who would get your vote?

Rogersville is voting for Romney.
Mitt Romney
 
844
Barack Obama
 
77
3rd Party Candi...
 
5

Vote now in Rogersville:

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Poll Padding At Nite

AOL

#1 Jun 11, 2012
This is wonderful. Mitt wins Tennessee by a landslide. That means most of you can stay home and not bother to search for parking places to when it's time to vote. Just let the Mitt Groupies do it for you. I see you're still keepin it dirty as always.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...

Secure Borders

United States

#2 Jun 12, 2012
I'm not a fan of Obama but its a choice of the lesser of 2 evils. Romney is a snake and you can see it in him. He talks constantly about creating jobs and that is not part of his track record. And, while job creation is important it will take more than that to save this country.
Obama 4 More Years

AOL

#3 Jun 15, 2012
Romney may create jobs but not for Americans.

http://www.conunderground.com/the-inevitable-...

Mitt thinks giving illegals American jobs for 6 years in exchange for a fee, then letting them become citizens is reasonable.

http://youtu.be/wAUS2JJib88

Romney, caught, again, employing illegals. Do you really think he will buck companies who want to keep hiring cheap illegal labor over Americans? At least the other candidates told you the truth about where they stand. Something to remember; moderate and conservative Democrats and Independents helped Mitt get the nomination to keep the other ultra conservative candidates from winning. With enough money and pressure, Romney will flip anyway anyone wants him to go.

http://youtu.be/WLVL_8wKjdY

http://youtu.be/Spvpc4wp9NE
mikey

United States

#4 Jun 16, 2012
no way am i voting for obama
Mr Gray

Kingsport, TN

#5 Jun 17, 2012
it's not Obama i want vote out it that do nothing Congress
K Times

Bristol, TN

#6 Jun 19, 2012
Romney would be worse than BUSH.
Two Cents

Rogersville, TN

#7 Jun 19, 2012
Senate intro'd a legislative measure yesterday to develop a commission of controlling/monitoring boxing outcomes. Now that is high on my concerned list. Namely the man Obama beat in the last election (McCain). As a collective bunch of fools, they have not a clue on the American public needs.
Bill

Batesburg, SC

#8 Jun 21, 2012
Easy decision
MR GRAY

Kingsport, TN

#9 Jun 22, 2012
you check this out and you tell me you vote for Rommey

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/mitt...
moody

Shelby, NC

#10 Jun 22, 2012
Obama has been a terrific president if your on the government tit but no matter who is our leader the old government cow will eventually go dry.
moody

Shelby, NC

#11 Jun 22, 2012
MR GRAY wrote:
you check this out and you tell me you vote for Rommey
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/mitt...
If you know any "very poor" you would see them drawing so much from government that obesity is the top health among the "very poor". Anybody with knowledge and common sense can understand that the "very poor" have got it made in comparison with working people.
food stamps
government housing
SSI
section eight rent assistance
free cell phones
medicaid-tenncare
aid for dependent children
heating assistance
free school lunch
pell grants for education
probably many other programs

I don't worry about the "very poor" either!!!
MR GRAY

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jun 22, 2012
moody wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know any "very poor" you would see them drawing so much from government that obesity is the top health among the "very poor". Anybody with knowledge and common sense can understand that the "very poor" have got it made in comparison with working people.
food stamps
government housing
SSI
section eight rent assistance
free cell phones
medicaid-tenncare
aid for dependent children
heating assistance
free school lunch
pell grants for education
probably many other programs
I don't worry about the "very poor" either!!!
Well moody his still looking for a VP to run with him I think your just the kind of Guy he need's to run with him on the GOP ticket your adds can be.

I don't worry about the "very poor" either!!!

Good day!!!

Since: Nov 08

East Gybyp

#13 Jun 22, 2012
moody wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know any "very poor" you would see them drawing so much from government that obesity is the top health among the "very poor". Anybody with knowledge and common sense can understand that the "very poor" have got it made in comparison with working people.
food stamps
government housing
SSI
section eight rent assistance
free cell phones
medicaid-tenncare
aid for dependent children
heating assistance
free school lunch
pell grants for education
probably many other programs
I don't worry about the "very poor" either!!!
Your entire list of grievances does not touch the huge chunk the corporate welfare queens suck up each and every day from working class people. Get your priotities in order.
Wake Up

AOL

#14 Jun 23, 2012
Romney won't go against his rich friends and business partners. http://swampland.time.com/2012/02/15/mitt-rom...

*From a study from the Dept of Sociology at Virginia Tech:
“The nation's largest corporations and richest citizens receive more welfare money than our social welfare programs. In 1994, the US spent $104.3 billion on corporate welfare, while spending only $14.4 billion on Aid to Families with Dependent Children. If we add together recent federal monies spent on AFDC/TANF, food stamps and Medicaid, it comes to about $85 billion annually. The total cost of the corporate tax breaks and subsidies is hundreds of billions of dollars.”

$ Boeing –$3.2 billion tax concession (nearly 100% of their tax liability) from Seattle tax payers to remain in that state. Plus taxpayers were stuck with an additional gasoline tax to fund transportation improvements, and they overhauled the unemployment insurance system to reduce costs for employers and tightened up on workers compensation claims. Boeing later received $32 million from the state to cover the cost of training and other unnamed “sweeteners”. Boeing got these concessions through an implied blackmail of the state. They “solicited” other states, finally agreeing to stay in Washington where they were:“The strategy was successful, though there were lingering suspicions that Boeing never seriously considered leaving the Seattle area.”

$ Dell –$262 million in tax concession from North Carolina; In Round Rock Texas, 20 years of no taxes,$50 million in tax-exempt industrial revenue bond financing, and 40 percent of sales tax revenues collected by Round Rock on Dell’s sales; In Nashville, TN, free land for the site worth $6.5 million, 40 years of property tax abatements,$20 million in infrastructure improvements at the site funded by the city and state, one-time credits of $2,000 per employee against state franchise and excise taxes, Metro Nashville tax credits of $500 per employee for 40 years, industrial machinery state tax credits and $4,000 per employee to pay for job training costs. Three years after the deal, Dell eliminated all manufacturing operations at the facility. From a local newspaper:“It doesn’t take a disenfranchised anti-business character to believe that Dell Computer’s reneging on the spirit of its incentive deal with the city amounts to bad corporate citizenship, to put it charitably.”
http://cps-news.com/wp-content/corporate-welf...

$ Film Industry. New Mexico got 38.2 tax paid welfare dollars to lure Hollywood to town. It generated 5.5 million in public revenue.

$ Professional Sports:*In the late 1990s billionaire Carl Pohlad threatened to move his Minnesota Twins to North Carolina unless he got substantial public funding for a new baseball stadium. Public outcry stalled funding but in 2006, the state legislature approved a $522 million, open-air ballpark, of which taxpayers would contribute some $392 million from sales tax revenue.
http://www.goodjobsfirst.org/corporate-subsid...

$*Agriculture Department: Market Access Program. This program
hands out more than $200 million a year to exporters of agricultural products to pay for their overseas advertising. Recipients: The Brewers Association, the Pet Food Institute, Sunkist Growers, Welch’s Food, and the Wine Institute.

$*Foreign Military Financing. U.S. taxpayers fund weapons purchases by foreign governments through this $4.7 billion program.(To be used against us next year.)

$*Export-Import Bank. Taxpayer dollars are used to subsidize
the financing of foreign purchases of U.S. goods. It makes billions of dollars of preferential loans to foreigners, guarantees the loans of
private institutions, and provides export credit insurance. In 2007, a Dallas TV station (WFAA) discovered that the agency gave $243 million in loans to bogus Mexican companies, including drug cartels.*The CATO Institute
ferment

United States

#15 Jun 23, 2012
pineywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your entire list of grievances does not touch the huge chunk the corporate welfare queens suck up each and every day from working class people. Get your priotities in order.
Sounds like you trust your emotions more than you do mathematics. Never let facts get in the way of what you want to believe. Compare medicare, medicaid, and Social Security cost annually to the total revenues of the US gov.

Since: Nov 08

East Gybyp

#16 Jun 23, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Romney won't go against his rich friends and business partners. http://swampland.time.com/2012/02/15/mitt-rom...
This post should be the basis for a letter to the editor to every paper in the area. The average person in this area seems to be uneducated about the simple facts on this subject and a few others, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Since: Nov 08

East Gybyp

#17 Jun 23, 2012
ferment wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you trust your emotions more than you do mathematics. Never let facts get in the way of what you want to believe. Compare medicare, medicaid, and Social Security cost annually to the total revenues of the US gov.
Thoroughly read the post above yours, then let me know what you think. Are you open to facts or posting from your emotional base?
ferment

United States

#18 Jun 23, 2012
[QUOTE who="Wake Up"
[/QUOTE]
Tax breaks are not spending unless you work under the assumption that all income belongs to the government and what ever they allow you to retain is government spending. If you work and take any allowable deductions you must consider yourself to be receiving
"welfare". As for myself I consider what I earn to be mine.

Since: Nov 08

East Gybyp

#19 Jun 23, 2012
ferment wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax breaks are not spending unless you work under the assumption that all income belongs to the government and what ever they allow you to retain is government spending. If you work and take any allowable deductions you must consider yourself to be receiving
"welfare". As for myself I consider what I earn to be mine.
You obviously only read the parts that you understood through the right wing bubble you view the world. What about the subsidies? Corporations paying no taxes at all? Taxpayers funding well established industries that should be able to stand on thier own by now?
ferment

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Jun 24, 2012
pineywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously only read the parts that you understood through the right wing bubble you view the world. What about the subsidies? Corporations paying no taxes at all? Taxpayers funding well established industries that should be able to stand on thier own by now?
Taxpayers should not subsidize corporations that are established or not but we also shouldn't subsidize green energy, any agriculture, lazy people, political campaigns, housing, industry of any sort..... long list.
When government takes it on its self to decide who wins and who loses it destroys freedom and innovation whether it is an individual or a corporation of individuals. Taxes should be to raise revenue for essential government functions not to punish success, redistribute wealth, manipulate society, or make life fair. You believe government can solve problems I believe it almost always causes more problems than it solves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roger Stewart 8 min Calledout 1
Nation Of Islam 2 hr Bonjour 37
Rachel Wallace DUI and wrecked car with Boyfri... 2 hr ex friend 4
Amy Jeffers 4 hr Old TImer 18
angie the snitch catron 5 hr so true 2
Charter Cable $$$ 5 hr Larry the cable Guy 13
Blood on their hands 7 hr billyG 5
Dentist and daughter accused of TennCare fraud 23 hr Really?? 21
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]