Election Poll, June 2012 Debate - Caruthersville, MO

Discuss the national Election Poll, June 2012 debate in Caruthersville, MO.

If the election were held tomorrow, who would get your vote?

Caruthersville is voting for Romney.
Mitt Romney
 
110
Barack Obama
 
62
3rd Party Candi...
 
1

Vote now in Caruthersville:

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of175
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bid D

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jul 17, 2012
 
you can't fix the problems created by the previous republican president in one term.
Guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Jul 17, 2012
 
For the record on executive privilege:
Clinton=14 times
Bush=6 times
Obama=Just once
So repiglicans are throwing a fit now?
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Jul 17, 2012
 
Red wrote:
<quoted text>Blowhard dumb ass, i agree - bag of wing, certainly, but she did work and pay taxes, earning her retirement - she is just a victim of illiterate propaganda - not saying that i agree with her, at all - just saying she was and is a contributing member of society and i respect her for that, but only that - her political views are about as socialist as i have seen -take care 61 - going to c'ville in august - will say hi to your parents again
Well Red,
I can always depend on you to come to my defense (sort of). Now, If I could succeed in setting you on the right political path - I might even be able to call you a friend (that is if I knew who you were). I know you know my family - but do you know who I am? I'm not asking you to reveal this info - just want to know if you know my name.

When you drop by and say hi to my parents - look close & you will see something new & familiar in the surrounding area...
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Jul 17, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Red,
I can always depend on you to come to my defense (sort of). Now, If I could succeed in setting you on the right political path - I might even be able to call you a friend (that is if I knew who you were). I know you know my family - but do you know who I am? I'm not asking you to reveal this info - just want to know if you know my name.
When you drop by and say hi to my parents - look close & you will see something new & familiar in the surrounding area...
yes, i do know who you are - i know your 2 brothers who are older than you and the brother who is younger than you - we probably did not speak a dozen words to each other growing up, so i really don't know you, other than i know who you are and know your family - your parents gravesite is on the left of the end of a road - turn left at that road, take the next right and my parents are down on the right - and i still hate your friggin politics
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Jul 17, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Red,
I can always depend on you to come to my defense (sort of). Now, If I could succeed in setting you on the right political path - I might even be able to call you a friend (that is if I knew who you were). I know you know my family - but do you know who I am? I'm not asking you to reveal this info - just want to know if you know my name.
When you drop by and say hi to my parents - look close & you will see something new & familiar in the surrounding area...
something new - was your brother buried close to them
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Jul 17, 2012
 
Red wrote:
<quoted text>something new - was your brother buried close to them
Yes, he & his wife have been buried there (right next to Mom & Dad) for a few years now.

But - look around some more when you get down there (in that same close area).
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Jul 17, 2012
 
Red wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i do know who you are - i know your 2 brothers who are older than you and the brother who is younger than you - we probably did not speak a dozen words to each other growing up, so i really don't know you, other than i know who you are and know your family - your parents gravesite is on the left of the end of a road - turn left at that road, take the next right and my parents are down on the right - and i still hate your friggin politics
You are mistaken, my parents gravesite is NOT at the end of a road! But two roads do intersect BESIDE their gravesite. You ARE talking about Maple cemetery aren't you? If you know their name - you should be able to find it. AND I STILL HATE YOUR POLITICS TOO!!!
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Jul 17, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken, my parents gravesite is NOT at the end of a road! But two roads do intersect BESIDE their gravesite. You ARE talking about Maple cemetery aren't you? If you know their name - you should be able to find it. AND I STILL HATE YOUR POLITICS TOO!!!
ok - so i am off on the gravesite a little - it is on the left and you probably turn in where santa claus is buried (big brother used to tell me that about the deer on top of the tombstone - i cried for days, well, hours anyway) brother #2 graduated in 1955 and his wife's initials were sf - older brother(RIP) graduated in early 50's - younger brother was after me - u used to walk down to ole lady sal's and get candy, etc - looking at the front of your c'ville house, the people on the left had 2 daughters and the people on the right had 2 boys and 2 girls - on my 10th birthday, i got a brownie camera - i was going crazy and taking pictures of everything - i have one of you sweeping your front porch - and your politics still suck!!!!(<;
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Jul 17, 2012
 
Red wrote:
<quoted text>ok - so i am off on the gravesite a little - it is on the left and you probably turn in where santa claus is buried (big brother used to tell me that about the deer on top of the tombstone - i cried for days, well, hours anyway) brother #2 graduated in 1955 and his wife's initials were sf - older brother(RIP) graduated in early 50's - younger brother was after me - u used to walk down to ole lady sal's and get candy, etc - looking at the front of your c'ville house, the people on the left had 2 daughters and the people on the right had 2 boys and 2 girls - on my 10th birthday, i got a brownie camera - i was going crazy and taking pictures of everything - i have one of you sweeping your front porch - and your politics still suck!!!!(<;
Red,
Well, now you got everything right but brother #2' wife's initials was jh (before & after her marriage to my brother).

Looking at the front of my house - the neighbors on the left had 2 girls, and neighbors on the right had 2 boys & 2 girls (one daugher was killed in auto accident in her teens)

Yes, I used to walk to Ms Sal's and get sodas and candy. When I was little - I used to go to her store and she would take me out to the back of her fenced in yard sometimes. She had all kinds of small animals - almost like a petting zoo. I always liked Ms Sal. She was always nice to me. Some people were kind of afraid of her -but I never was.

Some people have commented on Topix (when we had a C'ville Memories thread) that they were afraid to go over there to Ms Sal's. They might have been afraid of Ms Gibson (who used to holler and carry on all the time) Ms Gibson lived just next door or maybe two doors down from Ms Sal - in the direction of where the elementary school is now located. This was before the school was built. Now, I WAS afraid of Ms Gibson. Do you remember her?

Well, your politics are terrible too! But, I have a new challenge - and that is to convert you in the paths of rightness. I'm bound and determined to make a Democrat out of you yet! You admitted you you used to be Democrat - what happened to make you change???
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Jul 18, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Red,
Well, now you got everything right but brother #2' wife's initials was jh (before & after her marriage to my brother).
Looking at the front of my house - the neighbors on the left had 2 girls, and neighbors on the right had 2 boys & 2 girls (one daugher was killed in auto accident in her teens)
Yes, I used to walk to Ms Sal's and get sodas and candy. When I was little - I used to go to her store and she would take me out to the back of her fenced in yard sometimes. She had all kinds of small animals - almost like a petting zoo. I always liked Ms Sal. She was always nice to me. Some people were kind of afraid of her -but I never was.
Some people have commented on Topix (when we had a C'ville Memories thread) that they were afraid to go over there to Ms Sal's. They might have been afraid of Ms Gibson (who used to holler and carry on all the time) Ms Gibson lived just next door or maybe two doors down from Ms Sal - in the direction of where the elementary school is now located. This was before the school was built. Now, I WAS afraid of Ms Gibson. Do you remember her?
Well, your politics are terrible too! But, I have a new challenge - and that is to convert you in the paths of rightness. I'm bound and determined to make a Democrat out of you yet! You admitted you you used to be Democrat - what happened to make you change???
Still registered as a Democrat - just went on over to the other side - fits my lifestyle a little better - maybe brother 2's girlfriend in high school had those initials - i liked ms sal too - she was cranky as hell to me - but i wasn't the nicest kid around either - i remember ms gibson well - she had a grandson who was in my class - the grandson lived on madison, but moved away before high school - did you know that mrs gibson got well - from what i remember, her medicine, all those years, was causing the problem - they gave her different medicine and she quit the yelling and hollering and was a very normal person - i really enjoyed talking with mr gibson - he had many interesting stories - and i was especially thankful that mrs gibson had a few good years after her recovery - back to mrs sal - she had all kinds of animals in her back yard - goats, chickens - i also remember when the city made her get rid of them - a city ordinance was passed that did not allow farm animals in the city - i still would vote democratic, depending on the candidate - i am really not much into parties, as no party has the perfect agenda - i dislike obama, not because of his color (he is also white), but i think he is a poor leader - i look at each president at election time and if i am better off than i was 4 years ago, i vote to re-elect - if not, i vote for a change (not always republican, sometimes libertian[sp]). actually i think romney sucks, but he is better than obama - i probably will waste my vote this year, again, and go with a 3rd party. anyway, your politics suck but the great thing about this country is we have a right to our personal beliefs - i know you're not an ole bag - a bag of wind maybe!!(<;
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Jul 18, 2012
 
Red,
Glad to hear Ms Gibson recovered - I'll have to tell my older brother. Do you remember James Swift who lived across the street from Ms Sal? I think he was a bachelor who kind of kept to himself. Do you remember when he stepped on a rusty nail (or something like that) and got lock jaw and died from it?

Do you remember Ms Vincent and her kids who lived right across the street from us? I think she was a widow. Do you remember when she and her kids went to Chicago (might have been some other city) and was on that famous radio show? I can't remember if it was "Welcome Travelers" or "Queen for a Day". Both radio shows were real popular back in the early and middle 50's. Well, Ms Vincent won a bunch of nice prizes. Her oldest daughter, Glenda was in my class - she & I were friends. They later moved over on Madison. And then when Glenda was in High School - they moved to California (I think) Shortly after they moved away, we heard that Glenda died.

The Perkins family then moved into that house after the Vincents moved out. They had several children. Their daughter was also named Glenda - she was younger than me, but I spent a lot of time with her.

I still strongly disagree with your politica but I'm glad to hear you're still a registered Democart - maybe there's hope for you yet. I'll keeping hammering AWAY at you to cross over the PATH OF RIGHTNESS...
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Jul 18, 2012
 
Alumni,

I have noted something interesting about you. When you are challenged by facts, you simply dismiss them. When someone points out true flaws in how you speak, you ignore. Check the last post on the page before this. too bad.

To all of you who are supporting President Obama:

Take a look at Greece if you want to see what's coming for the good ole USA if President Obama gets a second term.

Isn't it interesting how President Obama seems to think that all business in this country was created by the government. It wasn't the hard work, the blood, sweat, tears and money of the person who started the government and he said so.

Can someone please explain to me why President Obama wants to sign up every person in the United States, including all of the illegal aliens here for food stamps and welfare?
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Jul 18, 2012
 
John Doe wrote:
Alumni,
I have noted something interesting about you. When you are challenged by facts, you simply dismiss them. When someone points out true flaws in how you speak, you ignore. Check the last post on the page before this. too bad.
To all of you who are supporting President Obama:
Take a look at Greece if you want to see what's coming for the good ole USA if President Obama gets a second term.
Isn't it interesting how President Obama seems to think that all business in this country was created by the government. It wasn't the hard work, the blood, sweat, tears and money of the person who started the government and he said so.
Can someone please explain to me why President Obama wants to sign up every person in the United States, including all of the illegal aliens here for food stamps and welfare?
he wants to ensure their votes, man
Red

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Jul 18, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
Red,
Glad to hear Ms Gibson recovered - I'll have to tell my older brother. Do you remember James Swift who lived across the street from Ms Sal? I think he was a bachelor who kind of kept to himself. Do you remember when he stepped on a rusty nail (or something like that) and got lock jaw and died from it?
Do you remember Ms Vincent and her kids who lived right across the street from us? I think she was a widow. Do you remember when she and her kids went to Chicago (might have been some other city) and was on that famous radio show? I can't remember if it was "Welcome Travelers" or "Queen for a Day". Both radio shows were real popular back in the early and middle 50's. Well, Ms Vincent won a bunch of nice prizes. Her oldest daughter, Glenda was in my class - she & I were friends. They later moved over on Madison. And then when Glenda was in High School - they moved to California (I think) Shortly after they moved away, we heard that Glenda died.
The Perkins family then moved into that house after the Vincents moved out. They had several children. Their daughter was also named Glenda - she was younger than me, but I spent a lot of time with her.
I still strongly disagree with your politica but I'm glad to hear you're still a registered Democart - maybe there's hope for you yet. I'll keeping hammering AWAY at you to cross over the PATH OF RIGHTNESS...
remember all very well - when swift died, some family of his cleaned his house - found only canned jars of onion soup - guess that is all he ate - also rumored that he had over 10,000 in the bank - lot of money in the 50's or early 60's -lots more i could say, but i have a meeting tonite- oh, i just voted - 3rd party (<;
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76
Jul 18, 2012
 
Alumni,

You said President Obama had great military victories, name those please
willow

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Jul 18, 2012
 
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here we go again! Nothing but another brain-washed ditto head crawling out of the woodworks!
YOU KNOW HOW YOU CAN TELL A REPUBLICAN FROM A DEMOCRAT????
Republicans all claim to good God-fearing, Bible-believing Christians.
But in reality - Republicans (as a rule) are nothing but a bunch of rude, crude vulgar, selfish, self-centered, ill-mannered slobs who many times are unable to even write a coherent sentence.
Republicans usually are not as intelligent or educated as Democrats - therefore they have to depend on people like Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck & all that bunch on Fox News and all the other right-wing blow hards to tell them how to think.
No, I am not a party-line hack! I watch, listen and read many sources of news - in order to gain ALL THE INFORMATION I NEED - which allowes me to make an INTELLIGENT decision when it comes to who to vote for.
Now, I do not claim to be highly educated - as I have only a High School Diploma from C'ville High School (class of 1961). I also have a few college courses under my belt. But, I feel like I have tried to keep up on what is going on in the world politically - and MAKE NO MISTAKE - I AM VERY WELL INFORMED ON THE ISSUES!!!
In answer to your claim that I am whacked-out & doped-up! Well, the only logic I can find in this remark is that - I just have to CONSIDER THE SOURCE this remark comes from - YOU!
Since you like to play around on the computer - just close down Topix - and google in VASOTEC & ZOCOR & MOTRIN - and see if you can see any side effects of these prescription medications which cause a person to be whacked-out & doped-up!
What you will find is that VASOTEC is for hypertension, ZOCOR is for high cholestrol & MOTRIN is for arthritis.
Now, judging from your rude crude remark to me - I'd say it is much more likely that you are the one who is whacked-out & drugged up on something...
I have tried to be nice to you and not throw slurs your way unlike some of the other people on Topix. But now I have changed my mind about. I am a Republican, I am not rude,crude, vulgar, selfish, self centered, ill mannered, a slob and yes I can write a corherent sentence. I am also as intelligent as any Democrat you know. Just to prove I can write a coherent sentence, be sure and read this next sentence. I think you have totally lost touch with reality and you need help desperately, you are one of the rudest people I have ever seen on this forum. But you have helped me make an important decision. I was not going to vote this year because I don't think either candidate is right for the job. But now I have changed my mind, I am casting a vote for Romney to cancel out your vote for Obama, so you might as well stay home on election day. I will not respond to any of your comments again, I will not read your comments again. That is all I had to say, this nice educated Republican is tired of you.
Friend

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Jul 18, 2012
 
white
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Jul 18, 2012
 
willow wrote:
<quoted text>I have tried to be nice to you and not throw slurs your way unlike some of the other people on Topix. But now I have changed my mind about. I am a Republican, I am not rude,crude, vulgar, selfish, self centered, ill mannered, a slob and yes I can write a corherent sentence. I am also as intelligent as any Democrat you know. Just to prove I can write a coherent sentence, be sure and read this next sentence. I think you have totally lost touch with reality and you need help desperately, you are one of the rudest people I have ever seen on this forum. But you have helped me make an important decision. I was not going to vote this year because I don't think either candidate is right for the job. But now I have changed my mind, I am casting a vote for Romney to cancel out your vote for Obama, so you might as well stay home on election day. I will not respond to any of your comments again, I will not read your comments again. That is all I had to say, this nice educated Republican is tired of you.
I'm sorry you feel that way, Willow. When I started posting on Topix back in 2006 - I went out of my way to be as nice, polite and tactful as was humanly possible. But, it didn't take long to realize - if you have a differing opinion from most of the posters on this forum - that some will verbally attack and call you all sorts of vile vulgar names.

Never in my life had I ever been exposed this type of verbal abuse - and couldn't understand the mentality behind the ones who were dishing it out. But, the more I started paying attention to the words & actions of Republicans I encountered - and the more I saw on tv, radio and other media - I noticed there was a definate pattern to this behavior.

That pattern was that - AS A RULE - Republicans are much more likey to be rude, crude vulgar, self-centered, ill-mannered, and yes, many can't seem to be able to speak or write a coherent sentence. Therefore, the only conclusion I could draw from this - is that Republicans ARE NOT USUALLY AS INTELLIGENT OR EDUCATED AS DEMOCRATS!

Now, you obviously do not fall into my catagory of - "As A Rule" & "ARE NOT USUALLY" in this respect. I'm sorry you are offended by my post - but I'm just telling it like I see & hear it!

With regard to you voting for Romney - you can do that at you own risk! He's already signed on to Paul Ryan's Medicare dismanteling plan - and Lord knows what else he has in store for people who are not in the 1%....
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Jul 18, 2012
 
John Doe wrote:
Alumni,
You said President Obama had great military victories, name those please
The list of terrorists killed during Obamas' Presidency is quite extensive! The list I have only goes through Sept. 30, 2011. I'm sure there have been several more killed or captured since then that are not listed here.

THE TERRORIST ON OBAMA'S BELT

Osama bin Laden

Anwar al-Awlaki (leader of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula

Abu Hafs al-Shahri (al Qaeda's chief of Pakistan operations)

'Atiyan 'Abdau-Rahmen (deputy leader of al Queda)

Ilyas Kashmiri (one of al Qaeda's most dangerous commanders)

Amar al-Wili, Abu Alial- Harithi, & Ali Saleh Farhan & Senior Leader Haran Fazal (AQAP senior operatives)

Baitullah Mahsud (Pakistan Leader)

Noordin Muhammad Top (Jemayah Islamiya operational planner & Saleh Ali Saleh Nabban (AQEA planner)

In Pakistan,(al Qaeda operational commanders)- Saleh Ali Somali & Abdallah Sa'id

(Taliban deputy & military commander) Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured & Muhammad Haqqari was killed & Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed

(al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni waas killed in Pakistan while senior Jemayan Islamiya operative Dulmatin (the master-mind behind the Bali bombings was killed

(al Queda in Iraq leaders) Abu Ayyub al-mesri & Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed

(al Qaeda commander) Hamza al-Jawfi was killed

Smeeagainmargret

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Jul 18, 2012
 
Your giving bama credit for these ^..
wow, I give our military credit for these people being killed. Our Military men and women that serve in these 100 plus temps, go without seeing their families, and live on minium wages and serve 2, 3 terms overseas. And come home to find their families barely getting by and lack of medical help for them. Some have lost their homes, even their families because the spouses can't deal with single parenting. this list goes on and on... and YOU give bama CREDIT???
that.. lady, is the BIGGEST slap in the face to our men and women of honor, that guards your freedom and your children and grand childrens freedom!!
And you are voting against them that keep you free, and the right to bear arms to keep yourself free.
Don't even put HIM in the same sentence with our armed forces! He has never served to keep us free and has said many times he is muslim faith. DO YOU really believe after years with his hating whites preacher he change OVER NIGHT ? You didn't think his wife saying "this is the first time" she has ever been proud of her country wasn't a slap in the face TO AMERICA ?? Lady you can't read, understand or comprehend AMERICA if you think HE is credited to the above list of terrorist being killed. I pray for you.
Bush was a miserable 8 years.. but do you want 16 of them ?? I pray for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of175
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Caruthersville Forum right now

Search the Caruthersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Married women's needs 31 min wow 20
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Thomas 92,195
two people at casino boat 3 hr Cvlle person 4
Pemiscot County School Board races heat up 4 hr guest 28
Pretending to be a nurse 8 hr Lmao 66
White Glove Gala 9 hr Really2 29
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 11 hr SURPRIZE 6,873

Caruthersville Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]