Debt Ceiling Debate - Knoxville, TN

Discuss the national Debt Ceiling debate in Knoxville, TN.

Should taxing the rich be part of the agreement to raise the debt ceiling?

Knoxville undecided
Yes
 
8
No
 
8

Vote now in Knoxville:

Allen Johnson

Sevierville, TN

#1 Jul 16, 2011
"The rich" is a generic term which would soon mean ALL of us.
disagree

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 16, 2011
You are a fool sir.All you do is make things sound good according to your specifications,I have'nt said anything and dont't usually post,But you and this earl fellow have got to be two of the dumbest I have ever seen in a public forum anywhere.Why dont you fellows get a job,so you don't have so much time to try and evaluate people and their short comings sir.You are the lowest i have seen on this forum since it started,And i have been following it for some time now..And if you don't like the way people are, stay out of their business.
bigT

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jul 18, 2011
My debt ceiling is in need of raising. Pain pills aren't cheap you know.
Allen Johnson

Sevierville, TN

#4 Jul 19, 2011
disagree wrote:
You are a fool sir.All you do is make things sound good according to your specifications,I have'nt said anything and dont't usually post,But you and this earl fellow have got to be two of the dumbest I have ever seen in a public forum anywhere.Why dont you fellows get a job,so you don't have so much time to try and evaluate people and their short comings sir.You are the lowest i have seen on this forum since it started,And i have been following it for some time now..And if you don't like the way people are, stay out of their business.
I must ask if you know that this is a public forum. When someone posts here it is open for all to see and make commentary. If, as you say, their "business" should be limited, perhaps they should not post it here, huh? Should we all seek your advice before posting so as not to "get in their business" needlessly? Oh, and big T, your writing style is hard to miss.
bigT

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jul 19, 2011
Allen Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>I must ask if you know that this is a public forum. When someone posts here it is open for all to see and make commentary. If, as you say, their "business" should be limited, perhaps they should not post it here, huh? Should we all seek your advice before posting so as not to "get in their business" needlessly? Oh, and big T, your writing style is hard to miss.
i disagree,see you dont know jack..i did not write the above comment posted under this name..
Sandra

Goodlettsville, TN

#6 Jul 19, 2011
I can see why no one on Topix likes you. You are just hateful.
oldschool

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jul 19, 2011
The rich provide jobs, both directly and indirectly. In our system, the rich getting richer helps everyone
Allen Johnson

Sevierville, TN

#8 Jul 19, 2011
oldschool wrote:
The rich provide jobs, both directly and indirectly. In our system, the rich getting richer helps everyone
I agree. It does not bother me one bit for people to make a lot of money as long as it is done honestly and legally.
Lindsey

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jul 19, 2011
They are no different from any other citizen of the United States. Just because they are "rich" does not give them a free ride.
Allen Johnson

Sevierville, TN

#11 Jul 21, 2011
Lindsey wrote:
They are no different from any other citizen of the United States. Just because they are "rich" does not give them a free ride.
The top 20% of earners pay 80% of the taxes. The lowest 50% of earners pay NO taxes. How is paying 80% of the taxes a free ride?
Mary Hult

Fairport, NY

#12 Jul 21, 2011
The 'trickle down' theory simply is not working. The gap between the wealthy and the middle class continues to increase. The top 10% have access to financial advice that helps them utilize all the various exemptions and defferals. This results in those that have the most .... often pay the least. This is neither charible, christian nor economically productive.
hope

Ringgold, GA

#13 Jul 21, 2011
It is simple, they can talk all they want, but thing will not get better until 2 million jobs are started.
Garrett milton

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jul 27, 2011
debt ceiling should not be raised at all
Screwed

Hermitage, TN

#16 Aug 9, 2011
The rich getting richer is only a sign that they are cutting corners by shipping more jobs over-seas, using more robots, and laying more Americans off. Even the U.S. government has shipped jobs over-seas. None of them give a damn about any one outside of their circles. It's all about how THEIR bottom-line is impacted.
Thomas

Knoxville, TN

#17 Aug 11, 2011
There is no one to blame for my lack of success. Thus, I don't believe we should make the successful pick up for my poor decision making. It would be more fair if the 49% of Americans that don't pay taxes contribute something somehow.
whowoodathunk

United States

#18 Nov 22, 2011
but checking for cooked books,overseas accounts,congress insider trading,lobbying and Immigration reform(No Amnesty) would be nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vote no on amendment 1 8 min BeInGMe 11
Careful theft of 40 cremains under investigatio... 3 hr Just Asking 2
Pizza Palace: Knoxville, Tennessee's Pizza Driv... (Jul '10) 9 hr JoeBaker 25
the pro-adjuster (Aug '07) 10 hr Chiropractor From... 633
East TN Pain Clinic Review (Apr '10) 13 hr Clawed Balls 1,069
Caryville police searching for Kenny Bartley af... 13 hr Freemind 10
Maryville man indicted on murder, other charges (Feb '08) 20 hr lil collins95 42
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]