Debt Ceiling Debate - Denver, CO

Discuss the national Debt Ceiling debate in Denver, CO.

Should taxing the rich be part of the agreement to raise the debt ceiling?

Denver opposes
No
 
14
Yes
 
12

Vote now in Denver:

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Off Mainstream Media Grid

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 18, 2011
 
Here are some podcasts that will open your mind to what is really going on.

These hosts bash Democrats and Republicans equally. Any talk show that takes sides w Repubs or Dems is designed to distract us from the real issues. That is what you get with commercial mainstream media.

For Real World Events, Military Conflicts and Economy (They may appear to be religious themed but they don't really focus on it, athiests welcome):

http://www.soundwaves2000.com/radio_liberty/

For Stock Market manipulation, Gov Corruption, Economy and tearing FOX and MSNBC up:

http://www.philsgang.com/pgfreeshowarchives.a...

For everything else including possiblilty our leaders may be manipulated by offworld intelligence (this would make sense given the current state of the world):

http://www.ksfo.com/Article.asp...

10PM to 2AM is Coast to Coast -Free Archives.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

An informed populace is the illuminati's worst nightmare.
Spaulding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 21, 2011
 
stop spending, taxes resulting in 3 billion annually won't make a dent in Obama's 14.5 trillion dollar deficit.

Since: Mar 11

Stay off my porch

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 21, 2011
 
Obozo has had 60 fundraisers so far just this year.......He has spent millions of taxpayer dollars flying around doing his re election campaign on our dime.He has been to New york 6 times to gather donations from billionaires in New York.Does anybody think thats right..Cant we make him sit in the office and do his job..He has wasted enough money on himself and sending his wife on lavish vacations [ using Air Force One]..He has spent enough to pull us out of debt...Doesnt anyone else see that..Why would anyone vote for more of that..He is trying to be King instead of president..He doesnt care about Americans..Except all the billions of dollars he gave to Black only farmers..Thats right..50,000 to any black person that says they have a farm or garden..Billions went to them..Did anybody hear about this...It was on FOX,,,Was it on your channel ??????
+

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 26, 2011
 
OG Sniper wrote:
Obozo has had 60 fundraisers so far just this year.......He has spent millions of taxpayer dollars flying around doing his re election campaign on our dime.He has been to New york 6 times to gather donations from billionaires in New York.Does anybody think thats right..Cant we make him sit in the office and do his job..He has wasted enough money on himself and sending his wife on lavish vacations [ using Air Force One]..He has spent enough to pull us out of debt...Doesnt anyone else see that..Why would anyone vote for more of that..He is trying to be King instead of president..He doesnt care about Americans..Except all the billions of dollars he gave to Black only farmers..Thats right..50,000 to any black person that says they have a farm or garden..Billions went to them..Did anybody hear about this...It was on FOX,,,Was it on your channel ??????
+
LOL, Obama is only doing what every sitting president running for reelection has already done.

Obama took fewer vacation days then Bush did plus miss Bush took air force one out

President Bush is using Air Force One for re-election travel more heavily than any predecessor, wringing maximum political mileage from a perk of office paid for by taxpayers.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselection...

It was a court settlement because Black farmers were discriminated against by the Agriculture Department. Department loan officers supposedly did the opposite of what Shirley Sherrod was accused of: they granted government-subsidized farm loans to whites but not to blacks.
paul row

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 26, 2011
 
Whites owned the land the blacks were leasers, therefore they had no assets for a loan.
The debt celling is a false premiss, congress has ordered that the debt interest be paid first before any other bill, so how can there be a debt crisis when the bond holders get paid?
Concerned US Citizens

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 26, 2011
 
Collect tax owed by Geithner. Mr. Geithner has had persistent tax filing and payment problems going back over 15 years involving self-employment taxes for both himself and his paid help, as well as with the employment of someone who for a time did not have proper legal status to remain in the country. Clean house Washington - you stink!
KimoSauvee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 26, 2011
 
The rich do create jobs but they send them all to China

Since: Mar 11

Stay off my porch

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 26, 2011
 
Or hire Illegal aliens..

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 27, 2011
 
KimoSauvee wrote:
The rich do create jobs but they send them all to China
Yea an that stinks
Riley G. Jones

Lafayette, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 27, 2011
 
Why not, I am raising 3 grandchildren on my salary, and I still give to those that need. I also give to the democatic party, to any organization that I can help. If I had that much millions of dollars, why not sacrifice a few to help the country that I live in? Why lose my primary goal to help the people, and turn to support other country in order to benefit my pockets only, and continue to hurt our country that we so call love. The rich takes our jobs out the country and to foreign countries and pay very little to those that make products so that we pay our hard earned money to inflate their bank accounts, that is PURE GREED. They problably have real estate in those countries with immigrant workers staffed at small wages to complete their personal dreams, and the hell with the American People. The Republicans need to come back to the table with American in mind, and stop hating our President because of his COLOR! In closing, we the people of the United States Of America, must not allow this vivid course of hatred to continue, Let us Veto such behavior Now, and work together as ONE.
JoeThePlumber

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 27, 2011
 
We should be treated EQUAL. Loop holes should be for everyone not just the rich.

“Repeated lies are not truth”

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

8120'

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 27, 2011
 
The very rich, yes indeedy!+$1,000,000 a year rich. So you only got to keep $700,000 instead of $750,000. Cry me a flippin' river. Wait til the poor in the valley overrun yer Mcmansion on the hill with their legally bought semi-autos, take all yer stuff and burn the rest. You might wish then that the 'wealth got spread' a little more.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 27, 2011
 
You are aware that for every dollar the government spends, they borrow 40 cents. Now since Obama has been president he has grown the federal government by 40%. If we had the same size government that we had before Obama and Bush, we would have enough money coming in to pay all the bills and still have a small surplus left over. But, because politicians are like little kids with the keys to the candy store, they are going right back to their old habits. What we need is a balanced budget amendment (California had one for years) with a automatic trip, overspend and the congress people don't get a pay check, that should stop that nonsense. Second, there needs to be massive reductions in all Federal agencies, are you aware that Obama has a staff of 1600 for his use alone?
Every family that has had troubled times have set a budget and lived within it, congress has to do the same thing.
What bothers me, is Bill Reid has come up with a real false budget, seems that all the savings are 10 to 12 years down the road and nothing immediate. They have to have the CBO score it before they can vote on it, and what happened to the one Obama said he gave them? The chief council of the CBO said we can't score a speech.
Shamura

Winona, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 27, 2011
 
I have 2 words, Equal Rights
Jake

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 1, 2011
 
Off Mainstream Media Grid wrote:
Here are some podcasts that will open your mind to what is really going on.
These hosts bash Democrats and Republicans equally. Any talk show that takes sides w Repubs or Dems is designed to distract us from the real issues. That is what you get with commercial mainstream media.
For Real World Events, Military Conflicts and Economy (They may appear to be religious themed but they don't really focus on it, athiests welcome):
http://www.soundwaves2000.com/radio_liberty/
For Stock Market manipulation, Gov Corruption, Economy and tearing FOX and MSNBC up:
http://www.philsgang.com/pgfreeshowarchives.a...
For everything else including possiblilty our leaders may be manipulated by offworld intelligence (this would make sense given the current state of the world):
http://www.ksfo.com/Article.asp...
10PM to 2AM is Coast to Coast -Free Archives.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
An informed populace is the illuminati's worst nightmare.
You must be an RP fan then...yeah, they all set us up and its up to us to realize it, keep fighting the good fight!
Jake

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 1, 2011
 
Shamura wrote:
I have 2 words, Equal Rights
Not to be rude, but who were you talking to? Its just hard to patch everything together to "Equal Rights"
Jake

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 1, 2011
 
Irascible Infidel wrote:
The very rich, yes indeedy!+$1,000,000 a year rich. So you only got to keep $700,000 instead of $750,000. Cry me a flippin' river. Wait til the poor in the valley overrun yer Mcmansion on the hill with their legally bought semi-autos, take all yer stuff and burn the rest. You might wish then that the 'wealth got spread' a little more.
Here is what people don't understand though, non-incorporated business entities have to report the money they make as personal income, even if they spend it on the business...yes its easy to do an LLC and keep yourself out of that, but $250,000 is much to low for small businesses...do you realize that every dollar the government takes out of a small business is a dollar that isn't going to go back into the economy b.c small businesses don't have multi-million dollar backers to help the business grow? I mean $50,000 could mean another job or two depending on the work...
That would mean people are against the working-person, trying to make it to middle class or above and trying to get jobs to stay afloat.
Are you saying you would rather see the government mishandle that money and dilute the actual percent of money spend on a project in the first place?
BTW, props to BC for implementing the organic farm program and actually MAKING $200,000 dollars on the year! but I would rather see that administered by a non-profit to be honest with financial backing from the county should the dire need arise.
But BOO to the city for giving tickets to businesses that want to leave the Where's Waldo street art up!!! WTF BOULDER?!?
Obama and Disclosure

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 2, 2011
 

“Loving life!”

Level 2

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 2, 2011
 
Obama and Disclosure wrote:
Who are you speaking to?

“No Need to Type, I Read Minds.”

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 2, 2011
 
Truth Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you speaking to?
He wasn't speaking to me so I should STFU. I'm too stupid to get the purpose of this post so I will probably make a lame reply.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr DNF 2,544
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 4 hr KarlVIIIII 12,241
Who likes opiates? 8 hr Commander Bunny 8
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) 10 hr Petal Power 2,781
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 17 hr Kawalski 1,233
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) Thu Venom 706
Judge strikes down gay marriage ban, stays ruling Thu Sir Andrew 11

Denver Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]