Abortion Debate - Somerset, KY

Discuss the national Abortion Debate in Somerset, KY.

When should abortion be legal?

Somerset says only in exceptions.
Exceptions only...
 
38
Never
 
34
In all cases
 
30

Vote now in Somerset:

Jrer

Indianapolis, IN

#479 Jun 29, 2012
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Point being abortion is perfectly legal in most civilized and industrialized countries. Equating a born living Jew to a fetus, which can't feel pain is just sick. I see you are incapable of an intelligent debate by the Nazi reference. Actually if you really knew your history you would know that Hitler banned abortions among German women- and if I were to draw extreme parallels such as you, then well...
You say "if you really knew your history you would know that Hitler banned abortions among German women" Jrer says: Are you dishonest, logically challenged or just indoctrinated to the point of believing the first thing that supports you murderous view? Now Hitler may have wanted German women to have many Blonde haired blue eyed super race of Aryan children. He was a BIG abortion advocate kinda like you. The evidence of this is readily available, you must be smarter then that. So lets not try to slip that by as though he was anti-abortion. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Hitler_support_... http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-...
KARMA

Somerset, KY

#481 Jun 29, 2012
It's Murder!!!!!!!!!!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#482 Jun 30, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>omg! how could u even think that?
If you or I were aborted before we developed any sense of awareness there would be, by definition, no suffering. And no one would have ever known us. So nobody could possibly miss us and we could not possibly miss life.

It's hard to think about because humans can't really imagine "nothing". But never being born means never being born. It does not mean being murdered and feeling the anguish of what was lost. The only sense of loss felt might be felt by the woman, depending on her own personal situation.

It is better to not get pregnant in the first place, but women should have the right to end a pregnancy without question if it is still early. As it goes along the rules should become more restrictive, but only to the extend that suffering is to be avoided. That should ALWAYS be the primary concern.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483 Jun 30, 2012
I should add that, of course, a potential father could feel a sense of loss as well. But he isn't going to be the one carrying a baby in his belly for 9 months, popping it out, and, sadly in many cases, doing much of anything else.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#484 Jun 30, 2012
Jrer wrote:
<quoted text> You say "if you really knew your history you would know that Hitler banned abortions among German women" Jrer says: Are you dishonest, logically challenged or just indoctrinated to the point of believing the first thing that supports you murderous view? Now Hitler may have wanted German women to have many Blonde haired blue eyed super race of Aryan children. He was a BIG abortion advocate kinda like you. The evidence of this is readily available, you must be smarter then that. So lets not try to slip that by as though he was anti-abortion. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Hitler_support_... http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-...
Ah, Hitler. Wingnuts would be without arguments if the man had never been born.

So basically, the way I understand it, Hitler loved abortions for non-Germans because it reduced the non-German populations over time. However he preferred that German girls have lots of babies.

The motivation there seems pretty clear. It is a domination kind of thing.

Modern pro-choice advocates want women to have access to safe and legal abortions if they so choose. That's all.

Yeah...those are SO MUCH the same thing.
Bottom Line

Brownsville, TN

#485 Jun 30, 2012
KARMA wrote:
It's Murder!!!!!!!!!!
Abortion: legal ... deal with it.
Jrer

Somerset, KY

#486 Jul 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Hitler. Wingnuts would be without arguments if the man had never been born.
So basically, the way I understand it, Hitler loved abortions for non-Germans because it reduced the non-German populations over time. However he preferred that German girls have lots of babies.
The motivation there seems pretty clear. It is a domination kind of thing.
Modern pro-choice advocates want women to have access to safe and legal abortions if they so choose. That's all.
Yeah...those are SO MUCH the same thing.
You are correct the murder of the innocent for someone else's personal desires are "Yeah...those are SO MUCH the same thing."
Jrer

Somerset, KY

#487 Jul 1, 2012
Bottom Line wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion: legal ... deal with it.
The Nazis said the exact same thing about the Holocaust. Deal with that. The question is... Is it right to kill others for one's own selfish reasons? Even if it is legal because of the heartless desires of others. This lack of compassion boggle's the mind of those who would have mercy on those being brutally killed.
Jrer

Somerset, KY

#488 Jul 1, 2012
Yiago says: "Ah, Hitler. Wingnuts would be without arguments if the man had never been born." Jrer says: Ah, Hitler. Wingnuts would be without a template to dehumanize those being murdered, if the man had never been born.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#489 Jul 1, 2012
Jrer, simply reversing an argument does not make you right. It is exactly like the kid who says "I know you are but what am I?" on the playground.

Hitler was trying to take over the world. I'm trying to argue for the rights of women. If those two things are identical in your mind then I can't help you.
lifes a beach

Myerstown, PA

#490 Jul 9, 2012
Jrer wrote:
<quoted text> I guess those could be just made up, like planned parenthood's claims. Remember statistics are not required to be kept for some strange (politically correct) reason. I do think what the actual women who have experienced the abortion process views should be very important. But with no way to verify each one they should also be viewed with a wary eye. I can present some with contact information although I have resisted doing so. I would hate to see them attacked because they present the abortion experience in a less then flattering light. They have suffered enough in my opinion.
http://women.webmd.com/news/20000822/study-sa...

Most don't...some do.
lifes a beach

Myerstown, PA

#491 Jul 9, 2012
Jrer wrote:
<quoted text> I say no indoctrinated person like you is interested in the truth. Josef Mengele was one of your heartless educated people. Yes most = 61% are done under 9 weeks. That still leaves over 641,000 after 9 weeks per year. Killing a child for any reason other then a life threatening situation should not be warranted. The life threatening situation almost never happens except in a tubal pregnancy, and that is early. "The facts are that abortion procedures are very safe today" not for the child.
Why 9 weeks?? Fetal pain is not even possible prior to 21 weeks... Why choose 9 weeks? On what basis?
lifes a beach

Myerstown, PA

#492 Jul 9, 2012
Jrer wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler sounds a lot like well, you when it comes to his hatred for Christianity. Just like you he hates Christianity and as a direct result, had no respect for life. Get educated and drop the indoctrination. learn to think Stop being taught what to think.Here is what Hitler really thought about Christianity. I am sure you will soon use some of his thoughts as if they were your own. You already match up with your disrespect for life and Christianity. Just sayin. http://answers.org/history/hitquote.html
I am Christian. I'm also pro-choice. What I personally hate is people like you using "Christianity" as some kind of free pass to engage in political radicalism and propaganda. What the HELL does Hitler have to do with anything? Other than that he banned abortions for German women...hmmm...so am I supposed to think all anti-choice people are just like Hitler? Absurd.
lifes a beach

Myerstown, PA

#493 Jul 9, 2012
Jrer wrote:
<quoted text> You say "if you really knew your history you would know that Hitler banned abortions among German women" Jrer says: Are you dishonest, logically challenged or just indoctrinated to the point of believing the first thing that supports you murderous view? Now Hitler may have wanted German women to have many Blonde haired blue eyed super race of Aryan children. He was a BIG abortion advocate kinda like you. The evidence of this is readily available, you must be smarter then that. So lets not try to slip that by as though he was anti-abortion. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Hitler_support_... http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Germ...

He forced abortions on the Jews, gypsies, etc. He also banned abortions for German women. I am pro-choice, ie I don't condone forced abortions in ANY sense. Btw, I'm German- American so if you want to get into an intellectual debate next time don't come so ill equipped.
lifes a beach

Myerstown, PA

#494 Jul 9, 2012
Jrer wrote:
<quoted text> The Nazis said the exact same thing about the Holocaust. Deal with that. The question is... Is it right to kill others for one's own selfish reasons? Even if it is legal because of the heartless desires of others. This lack of compassion boggle's the mind of those who would have mercy on those being brutally killed.
Many countries fought against the ideals of the Third Reich, which was one country invading others. Let's see now...ahhh yes abortion is a legal medical practice in most of those same countries. Not even comparable.
lifes a beach

Myerstown, PA

#495 Jul 9, 2012
Jrer wrote:
Yiago says: "Ah, Hitler. Wingnuts would be without arguments if the man had never been born." Jrer says: Ah, Hitler. Wingnuts would be without a template to dehumanize those being murdered, if the man had never been born.
Who is saying a fetus is not human? It is. It is NOT a person. There IS a difference. There is such a thing as justified killing...
WTF

Brownsville, TN

#496 Jul 9, 2012
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is saying a fetus is not human? It is. It is NOT a person. There IS a difference. There is such a thing as justified killing...
it is never justified killing when u r killing the innocent
lifes a beach

Myerstown, PA

#497 Jul 9, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>it is never justified killing when u r killing the innocent
Untrue...in war innocent civilians become collateral damage.
MAMMON

United States

#498 Jul 9, 2012
I never understood why Christians are so against abortions. If a woman decides to have one then you guys get everything you wanted, the baby goes to heaven and the mom goes to hell. If the baby is born then there's a better chance he will end up in hell with the rest of us sinners than in heaven with the thumpers. Im surprised some of you Jesus juice junkies haven't started killing all your kids just to make sure they make it upstairs before they get old enough to start sinning.

Let people do what they want. To many people in this shty world anyway.
WTF

Brownsville, TN

#499 Jul 9, 2012
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue...in war innocent civilians become collateral damage.
just because someone does something doesnt make it RIGHT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somerset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brow... 42 min Uconn 30
Hey Hatti. (Jan '12) 1 hr Trouser Cough 22,217
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (Jul '11) 1 hr Roxie Darling 10,453
Word Association (Feb '09) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 11,660
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 5 hr checkingonthings 8
Sully's 6 hr homeowner 25
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr SNYB 131,620
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]