Abortion Debate - London, KY

Discuss the national Abortion Debate in London, KY.

When should abortion be legal?

London says always legal.
In all cases
 
39
Never
 
23
Exceptions only...
 
12

Vote now in London:

Comments
1 - 20 of 383 Comments Last updated -
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
water dowser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 24, 2012
 
Apparently, conservatives have no problem with killing the unborn with mercury and dioxins and other chemicals in the atmosphere and drinking water. Not to mention causing birth defects. So they have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body and force a woman to be a parent. Women are a huge voting base for democrats/liberals and that is another reason for this blatant attempt at impeding women's freedom of choice. I haven't see the conservative parties promote invasive surgery on men who are rapists and pedophiles. Quiet the opposite, the conservatives just tried to change the definition of rape to force a woman/child to carry a rapists baby.
Poor Man Friend

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 24, 2012
 
water dowser wrote:
Apparently, conservatives have no problem with killing the unborn with mercury and dioxins and other chemicals in the atmosphere and drinking water. Not to mention causing birth defects. So they have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body and force a woman to be a parent. Women are a huge voting base for democrats/liberals and that is another reason for this blatant attempt at impeding women's freedom of choice. I haven't see the conservative parties promote invasive surgery on men who are rapists and pedophiles. Quiet the opposite, the conservatives just tried to change the definition of rape to force a woman/child to carry a rapists baby.
SpeakUp you have too much anger. Obamx took our HOPE and kept the CHANGE.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 24, 2012
 
Early abortions are fine. Late, third-trimester abortions are illegal in most cases and rightly so.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 25, 2012
 
The conservatives are solely responsible for mercury and chemicals in the atmosphere and drinking water? Well, thanks for clearing that up. HA! As for abortion, it should be the woman's choice. We cannot force morality and biblical principals on anyone. Not even God does that. It is each person's decision to believe or not believe. And government should never be able to force such things on its people. I have a real problem with "sin" tax as well. Really now. Sin? That is a strictly biblical word, to be used by a government who believes in separation of church and state. Who is deciding what is a sin in our oh so wholesome government?
Agreed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 25, 2012
 
If a woman has been raped, she should not have to carry the child.
If a woman had other children that depends on her and it is a medical necessity she should be able to chose what she wants.
I do not approve of women having them just because they made a mistake. Grow up and deal with your mistakes. Adoption goes on everyday. Too many loving people want to adopt because they are unable to conceive.
me

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 26, 2012
 
Pro choice
blessings

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 26, 2012
 
Rape, health of mom, and a female that isn't capable to be a mother.
bad girls

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 26, 2012
 
and if the mom is on drugs. a lot of times the child will be harmed simply by being carried in her womb.
Tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 27, 2012
 
Just health related even if raped you should have baby and put it up for adoption to good home.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 27, 2012
 
Telling a woman that she must carry the fetus of a man who raped her is about as draconian as you can get.
Tammy wrote:
Just health related even if raped you should have baby and put it up for adoption to good home.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 27, 2012
 
I agree with you. And what some of these people don't realize is when government is able to step in and take away these women's right to make a personal decision in their lives it could also lead to removal of other rights that may not be so agreeable to THEM. You can't give government that kind of power. And you can't force a religious ideal on others. Everyone has to decide for themselves how they will live. If someone wants to encourage someone considering an abortion to think about it,ok. But it is not for the government to decide.
Anti-theist wrote:
Telling a woman that she must carry the fetus of a man who raped her is about as draconian as you can get.
<quoted text>
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 27, 2012
 
Anti-theist wrote:
Telling a woman that she must carry the fetus of a man who raped her is about as draconian as you can get.
<quoted text>
I consider babies are a Blessing for God so if I was raped and got pregnant if I didn't want it I would put it up for adoption . Sorry I'm sure a lot don't think the same way I do but if you have Abortion for any reason but HEALTH reasons then I think abortions show nothing but selfishness.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 27, 2012
 
"I consider babies are a Blessing for God so if I was raped and got pregnant if I didn't want it I would put it up for adoption"

Good for you, but not everyone believes in deities nor do they feel the way you do about rape or adoption, so don't try to force your decision on others.
well wrote:
<quoted text>I consider babies are a Blessing for God so if I was raped and got pregnant if I didn't want it I would put it up for adoption . Sorry I'm sure a lot don't think the same way I do but if you have Abortion for any reason but HEALTH reasons then I think abortions show nothing but selfishness.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 27, 2012
 
I think you are a good person. And babies are a blessing from God. But a lot of people don't choose to believe in God. The government can't make them believe in God. Suppose they could and the only acceptable religion was one you didn't agree with, with a forced worship of a god you didn't believe existed? It is simply dangerous for the government to make personal decisions for its people because you never know what direction it could take. I do think you would be a great counselor in a life center. That could be your ministry.
well wrote:
<quoted text>I consider babies are a Blessing for God so if I was raped and got pregnant if I didn't want it I would put it up for adoption . Sorry I'm sure a lot don't think the same way I do but if you have Abortion for any reason but HEALTH reasons then I think abortions show nothing but selfishness.
POW MIA

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 27, 2012
 
I'm Pro Choice

“The Ice Princess of Topix”

Since: Nov 11

Cabot, Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 27, 2012
 
Pro-choice. America is not a theocracy. Whatever your god wants is meaningless when making the laws.
Tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 27, 2012
 
Anti-theist wrote:
"I consider babies are a Blessing for God so if I was raped and got pregnant if I didn't want it I would put it up for adoption"
Good for you, but not everyone believes in deities nor do they feel the way you do about rape or adoption, so don't try to force your decision on others.
<quoted text>
I don't force anything on anyone I don't go to church I have my beliefs same as you, I said not everyone thinks the way I do. I know what joys my children, my families children, kids in general bring to my life me personally if I was raped I would still keep the baby I know that wouldn't be for everyone but I would give the child just as much love as I have given every other child that has been in my life.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 27, 2012
 
"if I was raped I would still keep the baby I know that wouldn't be for everyone"

A rape victim who decides to get an abortion is not "selfish" as you smugly put it.
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't force anything on anyone I don't go to church I have my beliefs same as you, I said not everyone thinks the way I do. I know what joys my children, my families children, kids in general bring to my life me personally if I was raped I would still keep the baby I know that wouldn't be for everyone but I would give the child just as much love as I have given every other child that has been in my life.
bite me again

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 27, 2012
 
Anti-theist wrote:
"if I was raped I would still keep the baby I know that wouldn't be for everyone"
A rape victim who decides to get an abortion is not "selfish" as you smugly put it.
<quoted text>
athiest i heard ur daddy raped you....did u abort it??
Tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 28, 2012
 
Anti-theist wrote:
"if I was raped I would still keep the baby I know that wouldn't be for everyone"
A rape victim who decides to get an abortion is not "selfish" as you smugly put it.
<quoted text>
No I consider it murder of a defenseless child. Here is my problem with abortion some us it as a form of birth control, rape is lil different but woman have had rape babies and kept them and some put them up for adoption and the birth of the baby did not affect them mentally, my big problem I have had a family member her and her husband has tried to have a child for over 8 years and can't and they are fantastic people with so much love to give then you got selfish women going and killing babies heck I would take a few more babies on myself I have anywhere from 3 to 8 kids here most the time anyways.m Just sad that woman don't value life of the innocent anymore. So those who belive in abortion can kiss my a$$.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Jobs

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]