Abortion Debate - Farmington, NM

Discuss the national Abortion Debate in Farmington, NM.

When should abortion be legal?

Farmington says always legal.
In all cases
 
8
Never
 
5
Exceptions only...
 
2

Vote now in Farmington:

t

Farmington, NM

#1 Jan 25, 2012
Women have the right to decide what to do with their own body and whether or not to bring a child into the world.
Whats up

Durango, CO

#2 Jan 26, 2012
I agree with "T". It is a woman's right to choose, try to take that right away from women and you will see a WAR!!!!!!!!
Bindee

United States

#3 Jan 26, 2012
Yawn.
Judge Dredd

Farmington, NM

#4 Jan 26, 2012
Their body, their choice. If you don't want one don't get one. And if you beleive it is a sin, or against God, remember God also decreed that it is His job to pass judgement, not yours. So you have no grounds there to deny others their choices.
show no mercy

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jan 26, 2012
If women don't want children maybe they should learn to use birth control!! How many unwanted children are out there because men and women don't want to use birth control. If they did, this would not be a problem. It is not the fault of the infant that they were conceived. Maybe if females were a little more responsible with the care of their bodies there would not be this debate. Unless the woman was raped or the child was endangered in any way,that is the only reasoning behind not having to kill the embryo or mutilize an infant. God definately will be the last one to judge....

Since: Oct 10

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jan 26, 2012
What pisses me off is the guy has no say. What if HE wants to keep the baby... Sure, a lot of pregnancies are unplanned... it's always scary, but what if he is willing to take on that responsibility? Women have always screamed for equality, but when it comes to this, men don't have any say whatsoever. I've seen grown men who would LOVE to have a family (unplanned or not) but don't get that choice, and it's bull!

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

4-corners man

#7 Jan 26, 2012
Judge Dredd wrote:
Their body, their choice. If you don't want one don't get one. And if you beleive it is a sin, or against God, remember God also decreed that it is His job to pass judgement, not yours. So you have no grounds there to deny others their choices.
to believe its a sin? or against God? you say God ALSO decreed! God decreed sin too! its not a "choice" to believe sin is sin,, its Decreed!! hahaha, woo...
Whats up

Durango, CO

#8 Jan 27, 2012
alllrighty then wrote:
What pisses me off is the guy has no say. What if HE wants to keep the baby... Sure, a lot of pregnancies are unplanned... it's always scary, but what if he is willing to take on that responsibility? Women have always screamed for equality, but when it comes to this, men don't have any say whatsoever. I've seen grown men who would LOVE to have a family (unplanned or not) but don't get that choice, and it's bull!
Yes, that does happen on the RARE occasion, but usually the guy can't handle it by themselves and it falls BACK to the woman! If a man wants to take the child and is willing to raise it in a loving environment then more power to him. This is a very rare occurance, and usually doesn't work out. Or he could get pregnant. Happened before!
NewMexican

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 27, 2012
A person once told me that a man should have an opinion on abortion when he is the one who is pregnant. Sounds about right to me.
Whats up

Durango, CO

#10 Jan 27, 2012
show no mercy wrote:
If women don't want children maybe they should learn to use birth control!! How many unwanted children are out there because men and women don't want to use birth control. If they did, this would not be a problem. It is not the fault of the infant that they were conceived. Maybe if females were a little more responsible with the care of their bodies there would not be this debate. Unless the woman was raped or the child was endangered in any way,that is the only reasoning behind not having to kill the embryo or mutilize an infant. God definately will be the last one to judge....
Maybe you haven't heard! BIRTH CONTROL IS ONLY 99% EFFECTIVE. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE! Most women do take care of their bodies, and it is OUR choice since we will be carrying the child. Why aren't all the ACTIVE ANTI-ABORTIONIST TAKING CARE ON THE FOSTER CHILDREN THAT AREA ALREADY BORN!! NO, YOU PREACH, BUT LET INNOCENT CHILDREN BE TORTURED, AND KILLED. LIVE WITH THAT!
just me

San Antonio, TX

#11 Jan 28, 2012
Anyone ask the unborn baby. Im sure that they don't wish to be murdered.
show no mercy

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jan 29, 2012
Whats up wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you haven't heard! BIRTH CONTROL IS ONLY 99% EFFECTIVE. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE! Most women do take care of their bodies, and it is OUR choice since we will be carrying the child. Why aren't all the ACTIVE ANTI-ABORTIONIST TAKING CARE ON THE FOSTER CHILDREN THAT AREA ALREADY BORN!! NO, YOU PREACH, BUT LET INNOCENT CHILDREN BE TORTURED, AND KILLED. LIVE WITH THAT!
I know all to well about birth control Ms. EXCUSE MAKER!! Maybe you should research either gender getting fixed idiot, instead of popping babies out left and right and then abusing them or leaving them homeless. Yeah I know more than several female that like to do the wild thing have 4 or more children that have had to be raised by a grandparent or total strangers because they were careless in their decision making. You can't tell me that all these floozies were on Birth Control and got pregnant because it was 1% ineffective. Give me a fr**king break. It is up to the individual to take precautions and yes some of the decision maker should be up to the father. After all it takes two to tango! Its like securing a gate after the cows have escaped. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Its losers thinking like you that have this world messed up....I love my children, sorry if you don't.
Why Dat

United States

#13 Jan 30, 2012
Just toss them in the pick-up truck,two or three more wont hurt nuthin.

Cant feed them u say? Ahh theys just a bother, dont need learnen er nuthin.

Have a few moe darling, ands get your ass back ta church
show no mercy

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jan 31, 2012
No lets just go out and get pregnant so that it can be aborted, kinda like a mission huh? Wow, let the Anti-abortionists take care of the children not to mention the State??? Who had you sorry asses out there getting laid? Not the anti-abortionists nor the State. OH I forgot, uh maybe it was because the birth control was 1% ineffective. You pro-choicers have a lot to answer for. Is that the excuse you're going to give? Haha
LJB

United States

#15 Feb 5, 2012
A woman has the right to make decisions concerning her own body and health. Whether you believe in abortion or not is not the question. Women's rights are at stake. The decision to have an abortion is a personal and extremely heart-wrenching decision. Still, it is the woman's decisions and not the government's.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

4-corners man

#16 Feb 16, 2012
LJB wrote:
A woman has the right to make decisions concerning her own body and health. Whether you believe in abortion or not is not the question. Women's rights are at stake. The decision to have an abortion is a personal and extremely heart-wrenching decision. Still, it is the woman's decisions and not the government's.
hey how about the daddy??? does he have a say?
OUTintheCOLD

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Feb 17, 2012
MY body. MY choice. MY business not yours

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christy in F-town? 4 min Hillary 6
My life has been hurt by Democrats 21 hr Horace 2
Alleged illegals arrested after meth bust (Jan '11) Wed eric 70
No racism problems? That's simply denial (Sep '09) Oct 28 Tim 2,856
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Oct 27 Finally 215
Farmington police employee sought in connection... Oct 26 Mathmetician 1
Planes will drop herbicide on sagebrush in San... Oct 25 IdaJ 4
Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]