Zuma's Nude Painting

May 19, 2012 Full story: News24 51

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fanie

Pretoria, South Africa

#1 May 21, 2012
No use fussing about it.
Anon

United States

#2 May 21, 2012
When I get my chance, I'm leaving South Africa.
kong

Satellite Provider

#3 May 21, 2012
in the greek and Roman culture artists used to make naked sculpures of kings and Gods alike, this was never consider racist disrespctfull, art is art, freedom of express, the painting offends because the president of our country has a sexual history that doesn't appeal at all
ian norberts

Kenya

#4 May 21, 2012
Mr Zuma is to treated like the way you would treat your Dad! i doubt that you would enjoy looking at your parents gentals!So please there has to be respect for the president! In fact in the ZA country's constution (am Kenyan) it is likely that there is a chapter which stipulates that such kind of a painting is illegal!
anti-JZ

Centurion, South Africa

#5 May 22, 2012
I dont really like Zuma but we are taking artistic expression and freedom of speech a tad too far.Someone should set the Goodman gallery on fire and say that the resulting bonfire is a work of art - like flames licking the heaven
mexitalian

UK

#6 May 22, 2012
zuma works for the SOUTH AFRICAN (not kenyan) public, he is not allowed to have privicy because whatever he does it affects the image of SA. He is an employee of the people (supossed to be).

the man has over 20 kids.......he needs to be shamed into behaving like a human.
Zama

UK

#7 May 22, 2012
Zuma is our president and where is humanity with this person that draw the pic he suppose to start with his family“father” and leave other ppl out he's craze I hate him with all ma heart he must burn to hell racist!
Magda

Port Elizabeth, South Africa

#8 May 22, 2012
I don't understand how it can be looked at as racist I just find it hilarious.
Simphiwe

United States

#9 May 22, 2012
Ths iz bullsh*t hw can u treat our president S.A's face lyk dt.hz nt a punchline dts being stupid
manjomane

South Africa

#10 May 22, 2012
@norbert I totally agree with u,zuma is a family man n having 20 children is not something new to african people,even if he has 50 its his problem.
TREEZY

United States

#11 May 22, 2012
DAT WAS A BEAUTIFUL ART NOTHING WRONG ABOUT IT AND DA GUY WHO DID IT YOU SAYING IT IS RACISM BECAUSE HE IS WHITE "BLACKS ARE FOOLS" SLIKOUR IZ SO DAMN right!!!
Ukadebona

South Africa

#12 May 22, 2012
kong wrote:
in the greek and Roman culture artists used to make naked sculpures of kings and Gods alike, this was never consider racist disrespctfull, art is art, freedom of express, the painting offends because the president of our country has a sexual history that doesn't appeal at all
Please remember this is not Rome of Europe...This is AFRICA!We have our own way of doing things that need to be respected by settlers like you.The painter is a hard core racist who still think that Africans are afraid of them.Viva Msholozi viva!!
Ukadebona

South Africa

#13 May 22, 2012
anti-JZ wrote:
I dont really like Zuma but we are taking artistic expression and freedom of speech a tad too far.Someone should set the Goodman gallery on fire and say that the resulting bonfire is a work of art - like flames licking the heaven
That have already been taken of thanks.The show has been closed down & the painting have been disfigured.Viva!
Ukadebona

South Africa

#14 May 22, 2012
mexitalian wrote:
zuma works for the SOUTH AFRICAN (not kenyan) public, he is not allowed to have privicy because whatever he does it affects the image of SA. He is an employee of the people (supossed to be).
the man has over 20 kids.......he needs to be shamed into behaving like a human.
He is a leader, chosen by us the ANC, not you & your pink cousins parents.He is a man who abandoned his youth & took up arms to fight for the freedom of expresion that you & your apartheid fellows are now abusing.Some of his wives & children died in that proccess. Do you know that?
Ukadebona

South Africa

#15 May 22, 2012
Magda wrote:
I don't understand how it can be looked at as racist I just find it hilarious.
Depending on your cultural backround, yes hilarious. But in African culture, Zulu in particular. This is an insult!!
We are going to deal with the painter..watch the space.
Ukadebona

South Africa

#16 May 22, 2012
TREEZY wrote:
DAT WAS A BEAUTIFUL ART NOTHING WRONG ABOUT IT AND DA GUY WHO DID IT YOU SAYING IT IS RACISM BECAUSE HE IS WHITE "BLACKS ARE FOOLS" SLIKOUR IZ SO DAMN right!!!
Remember that we are not all gays like oyou.For me there is really nothing interesting about Mr.JZ's 4,5. Why don't you ask the idiotic painter to paint yours so you can hang it in you dining room?
Patriot

Centurion, South Africa

#17 May 22, 2012
We have extended a hand of reconciliation to white people of this country, each time they continue snubbing us and ignoring how difficult it is for us to try and forget the injustices that we suffered at their hands in the past. Its only a matter of time now before we explode...I urge our white counterparts to do a thorough introspection of themselves and assess whether their outlook is a reconciliatory one or a destructive one. I am not saying blacks are perfect, we also have many wrongs that we do to hurt them, but looking at the overall picture of where we come from as a country I think there is a duty (moral) on them not to spit in our faces. There are so many things to do in life, so many opportunities for everyone, why watse your energies on race related matters or trying to prove how stupid black people are, what reward is there in that?

Please stop pushing us, the anger is simmering and dormant for now, do not stir it up. Both black and white. Whites need to speak out against white racism and blacks need to do the same. Most blacks are against farm killings etc, maybe we do not speak out enough against such acts but similarly there is a deafening silence from whites when it comes to acts of their counterparts which are clearly destructive.
mexitalian

UK

#18 May 23, 2012
Ukadebona wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a leader, chosen by us the ANC, not you & your pink cousins parents.He is a man who abandoned his youth & took up arms to fight for the freedom of expresion that you & your apartheid fellows are now abusing.Some of his wives & children died in that proccess. Do you know that?
1stly you low life criminal: YOU never fought in apartheid so shut up.
2ndly: the anc killed many innocent people during apartheid, and the real heros of the stuggle are not in gov but poor because fat pigs like mandela and zuma took all te credit for doing nothing.
3rdly: stop saying 'we the anc' because you are nothing more than a fly on a horses arse.
4thly: at least my 'pink cousins know who their parents are, unlike you and you family who mate in the streets like dogs at random.
finally: the only reason you like the anc is because you are a typical k@ffer, who doesnt want to work, wants all for free, gets drunk everyday, rapes anything that moves and blames apartheid when caught.

ps: africa was developed by europeans and arabs, all of its wealth came from settlers. So no africa does not belong to you it belongs to us, so get out and do the entire world a fav and die with your entire race, why is it wherever you go in the world people hate blacks......not because they are racist, its because wherever you go you just make it dirty and ruin everything, God never made you cause he doesnt make mistakes.
nyiko steve

United States

#19 May 23, 2012
its a payment of ruthless
Ree Dax

Hammanskraal, South Africa

#20 May 23, 2012
Art is art, but I wish they could've asked 4 permition b4 publishing it. Not dat it ws going 2 b given.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soweto, South Africa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Soweto Horny Men Oct 23 SowetoHornyMen 1
Israel's founding a 'crime against humanity,' s... Sep '14 Byblos 3
online personal loans (Sep '13) Sep '14 sandisiwe pikini 3
+27799027121 abortion clinic in tembisa ,kempto... (Jan '14) Aug '14 moral 2

Soweto, South Africa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE