Missing Uitenhage woman found dead

Mar 22, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Herald

THE body of a 21-year-old woman who was reported missing about two weeks ago has been found in the Uitenhage township of Kamesh, Eastern Cape police said today.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
G-Mo

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

So damn lots of Killings in Uitenhage
Leon Witbooi

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

I am saddened by the consistency of bad news from my beloved little home of garden town. However, I am not in a position to point fingers to anyone. If we as the people of Uitenhage are to make this potentially strong industrial modest giant a better place, a place we can talk about with our heads high we will have to change the way we think and the way we see things.

The plague of uncontrollable crime in our town is a reflection of an absence of defined collective values in our town. This historical problem has come to define us as a passive community which reacts haphazardly to behavior which it harbors and tolerate at the expense of it's advancement.

We have come to be defined by mob justice because we wait until something extremely bad befalls us and then we act, howbeit irrationally so. What we need as Uitenhage is strong leadership which inspires a new way of doing things. A leadership which is committed to creating conditions which shall enable the harnessing of the abundant potential hurried in the streets of Kwa Nobuhle, Langa, Rosedale, Drosty etc.

That leadership is there in Uitenhage, whilst some may believe that all the good people leave Tinarha, the truth is that iTinarha is still a very good school of advance social perspective and leadership. The frustration of a lack of alternatives - to the person whom all he knows is a tavern, the carnival and trip - trip to Josta Park is so enormous that they end up giving up and define their lives within the perimeters of lack of opportunity.

The truth is that we need to start understanding power as a systematic entity where it is defined by ones ability to influence the greater whole from whichever position they might find themselves. When does enough become enough?

I think the enoughness of our enough has long reached it's sell by date. It is now time to act, it is time to pick up the values which saw us producing the Enoch Sontongas, the John Gomomos, the Zwai and Loyiso Balas, the Litharge Nkombisas and the many other people who have gone to become national assets.

The people of Uitenhage must fight to bring back and maintain the standards that saw people from out of town bringing their kids to study at Marry Mount. They must fight to keep the values that saw us competing with the then second biggest township with regards to our boxing talent. We must fight to bring back the values that saw this minute town producing springboks.

Surely there is something that we used to right, maybe we are still doing it but now it is no longer relevant, I do not know, however, I know that we need to change our ways collectively as a community and as individuals lest we suffer the fate of Sodom and Gomora...

Bantu base Tinarha masiphakameni

Leon Maqocwandile Witbooi

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eastern Cape, South Africa Discussions

Search the Eastern Cape, South Africa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Comair: Kenya Airways ties up with kulula.com Apr 19 Olwakhe 1
Work on Coega plant to start soon (Feb '12) Apr 14 mbulelo mtyana 13
'Pistorius is lying his head off... he shot my ... Apr 13 Lynda 1
LOOKING FOR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS - Now have her n... (Aug '07) Jan '14 Sarah 35
A land conqueror Jan '14 Isuzu 1
My Kinda Town | Stutterheim (Sep '06) Dec '13 Seputa 2
South Africa: New Manganese Mine a Beacon of Ho... Nov '13 mbatyo 1
•••
•••