Yemen child bride Nujood Ali gets divorce

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The little girl was waist-high, so small that the lawyers, clerks and judges hurrying through the courthouse almost missed her.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Joe

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

What kind of scum bucket marries a 10 year old?!?! What is WRONG with Islam that custom allow for this???
Olivia

Gibson City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Joe wrote:
What kind of scum bucket marries a 10 year old?!?! What is WRONG with Islam that custom allow for this???
I agree! Child molesters should be put to death.
KLW

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

It makes me sick that they hide behind lame excuses for taking advantage of these girls. They deserve to be mutilated so they can never hurt another child.
Mom

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

"interpretations of Islam often trump the law "

Yeah, as long as they have a good reason :-(
I wish this girl only good things from now on.
Hmm, didn't this happen in Texas also??
i am a runner

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

This guy is scum, but I think the same can be said for American and European travelers who go to Amsterdam or Bangkok for a "thrill." Supporting this market in any way, shape or form is equally sickening. Human trafficking is very real, and very global.

"In Europe alone, officials estimate that more than 200,000 women and girls one-quarter of all women trafficked globally are smuggled out of Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet republics each year, the bulk of whom end up working as enslaved prostitutes. Almost half are transported to Western Europe. Roughly a quarter end up in the United States. Human rights activists say the numbers do not tell the full story, because most women remain silent rather than turn to frequently corrupt authorities for help."
Den C

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Islamic nimrods on parade.
Nick

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

THE TRUTH wrote:
WHATS MOST SCARY HERE IS A MUSLIM SYMPOTHISER IS ABOUT TO BECOME OUR PRESIDENT,EVERYONE IS SO UPSET WITH MUSLIMS AND HOW THEY CONDUCT THEMSELVES AND WERE ABOUT TO HAVE A PRESIDENT WITH 3 ISLAMIC NAMES AND HAS BEEN PREACHED BY, AND TOUGHT SYMPATHY FOR THE VERY SCUM WE DESPISE SO MUCH,REMEMBER THAT COME NOVEMBER
No doubt. But these liberals LOVE the whole islamic bunch.

Do you know there are islamic men who have 6 yearold wives?

It's sad it even takes a news story to expose this crap. I have been saying this long enough but everytime I say it im called a racist or bias or a neo-con.

Truth is Islam is a savage religion of barbarians.
Nick

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>NO YOU IDIOT!NO PROOF FROM ANYONE STILL ON THE TEXAS CASE,ENOUGH WITH TEXAS THOSE KIDS WERENT TREATED IN ANY WAY LIKE THIS GIRL
First of all Mormons dont marry 10 yearolds...They are like 15 and thats a far cry from 10. In islam you can marry a baby if you want but the child has to be 6 or older to have sex.

Can you believe that? 6 or older to have sex.
Nick

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

i am a runner wrote:
This guy is scum, but I think the same can be said for American and European travelers who go to Amsterdam or Bangkok for a "thrill." Supporting this market in any way, shape or form is equally sickening. Human trafficking is very real, and very global.
"In Europe alone, officials estimate that more than 200,000 women and girls one-quarter of all women trafficked globally are smuggled out of Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet republics each year, the bulk of whom end up working as enslaved prostitutes. Almost half are transported to Western Europe. Roughly a quarter end up in the United States. Human rights activists say the numbers do not tell the full story, because most women remain silent rather than turn to frequently corrupt authorities for help."
And the majority are mail order brides.

There arent any kids being smuggled into the US from Europe..I know they do that crap in Mexico/Texas, abducting kids and turning them out into tricks but they dont come from Europe.

Now Asia has those problems.
JLN

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

The father is the real scumbag. Why would she return to that situation? The minute he can get away with "selling" her again, he will.
ali

Umm Al Hassam, Bahrain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all Mormons dont marry 10 yearolds...They are like 15 and thats a far cry from 10. In islam you can marry a baby if you want but the child has to be 6 or older to have sex.
Can you believe that? 6 or older to have sex.
the people like u can believe this who has no knowledge of islam..... plz study islam.. real meanings of marriage... marriage is not all about sex , its about selecting the life partner......secondly in islam only adults can marriage and before marriage parents or gaurdian must ask the the girl about her wish whether she likes the person to be marriage or not... and if parent enforce her.. then she has the rights to pursue her cas in court... and now the court will be her gaurdian... islam is the complete code of life....
Disgusting

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Joe wrote:
The girl is way too young to have sex!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ibb, Yemen Discussions

Search the Ibb, Yemen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ibb Music Forum (Nov '12) Feb '14 Musikologist 8
YEMEN: Challenges aplenty for new president (Apr '12) Apr '12 emad shufer. 1
Mysore Palace opens its third branch in Algeria... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Umm Nawal 2
Osama bin Laden wife to leave Pakistan for Yemen (Jun '11) Jun '11 debasis behera 5
Bin Laden's Yemen Bride, 18, Was Confident - Os... (May '11) May '11 wired 6
Bin Laden's wife: I'll stand with you (May '11) May '11 Robert 2
'Legend' sets box office record for December op... (May '11) May '11 Dimitris Liritis 1
•••
•••
•••
•••