Falkland Islands: We plan referendum on our future

Jun 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

In this March 4, 2012 file photo, Sybie Summers, owner of the Pod gift shop, holds up a five pounds local banknote with an illustration of the British monarch Queen Elizabeth, in Stanley, Falkland Islands.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of345
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
allymac

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

3

The referendum will make no difference to the argies.....they will still whine and cry about the Falklands.
francisco

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Y ustedes van a seguir lloriquenado por que se las reclamamos... .
allymac

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

francisco wrote:
Y ustedes van a seguir lloriquenado por que se las reclamamos....
Use English francisco....this is the UK forum.
francisco

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

allymac wrote:
<quoted text>Use English francisco....this is the UK forum.
Si lo uso vas a entenderme mucho menos....
allymac

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Typical argie....won't listen to anybody.
francisco

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Solo escucho a los que valen la pena... .
allymac

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Adios francisco.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

allymac wrote:
Typical argie....won't listen to anybody.
i bet he knows how to say "i surrender" in English
allymac

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

They all do.lol.
francisco

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text> i bet he knows how to say "i surrender" in English
Ustedes lo dicen mejor en español....
francisco

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

1

1

allymac wrote:
Adios francisco.
Adios Ally....

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

francisco wrote:
<quoted text>
Ustedes lo dicen mejor en español....
i don't say that,i think English is much better, numbnuts
francisco

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Si....

Pero lo siguen diciendo mejor ustedes en español....

En 1850 lo dijeron con 21 disparos de cañon para desagraviar a mi bandera.
ronan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

10

5

4

I think that Britain should give back the Falkland Islands to Argentina, and repatriate the Falklanders to Scotland or Wales.

That would be the most courageous decision and a clever move, and save us plenty of money and embarassment in future.

Britain has now no business trying to maintain at all cost some obsolete relics of the empire, just to feel smug about it.

Just like we have back Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Egypt, etc... we would not miss the Falklands.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

1

1

ronan wrote:
I think that Britain should give back the Falkland Islands to Argentina, and repatriate the Falklanders to Scotland or Wales.
That would be the most courageous decision and a clever move, and save us plenty of money and embarassment in future.
Britain has now no business trying to maintain at all cost some obsolete relics of the empire, just to feel smug about it.
Just like we have back Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Egypt, etc... we would not miss the Falklands.
Yes why not ethnically cleanse the Falklands of all Brits,you are a nasty left wing piece of work aren't you?
ronan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes why not ethnically cleanse the Falklands of all Brits,you are a nasty left wing piece of work aren't you?
No, I am above all very pragmatic about post-colonialism.

The sooner we turn our back on the remnants of the ex-empire and adopt a policy more taylored to our real position in the world, the better.

After all, with only 82,000 soldiers, we will hardly be able to mount any large military operation in future, and none of our NATO 'friends' will fight for the Falklands. So why not accept the inevitable, rather than maintaining this charade.

I would not feel less British if the Falklands were gone, myself ... I didn't feel a thing when we let go of Hong Kong which was a lot more important than Port Stanley!

“The Three Legged Man”

Since: Jul 11

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

ronan wrote:
I think that Britain should give back the Falkland Islands to Argentina, and repatriate the Falklanders to Scotland or Wales.
That would be the most courageous decision and a clever move, and save us plenty of money and embarassment in future.
Britain has now no business trying to maintain at all cost some obsolete relics of the empire, just to feel smug about it.
Just like we have back Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Egypt, etc... we would not miss the Falklands.
The Falkland Islanders have a right to self determination.

They might be a bit too white-British and loyal to the UK for your liking, but your snide racist opinion wont make a blind bit of difference to the fact that your Argie heroes will never get their hands on those islands.
ronan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Mr Tripod wrote:
<quoted text>
The Falkland Islanders have a right to self determination.
They might be a bit too white-British and loyal to the UK for your liking, but your snide racist opinion wont make a blind bit of difference to the fact that your Argie heroes will never get their hands on those islands.
Yeah, yeah, I know...

You still have blinkers, and you cannot see further than 2012.

I am already in 2112, 2212, and I don't think the Falklands will be British then...

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am above all very pragmatic about post-colonialism.
The sooner we turn our back on the remnants of the ex-empire and adopt a policy more taylored to our real position in the world, the better.
After all, with only 82,000 soldiers, we will hardly be able to mount any large military operation in future, and none of our NATO 'friends' will fight for the Falklands. So why not accept the inevitable, rather than maintaining this charade.
I would not feel less British if the Falklands were gone, myself ... I didn't feel a thing when we let go of Hong Kong which was a lot more important than Port Stanley!
"less British" ahaaa ahaa good one
francisco

Federal, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am above all very pragmatic about post-colonialism.
The sooner we turn our back on the remnants of the ex-empire and adopt a policy more taylored to our real position in the world, the better.
After all, with only 82,000 soldiers, we will hardly be able to mount any large military operation in future, and none of our NATO 'friends' will fight for the Falklands. So why not accept the inevitable, rather than maintaining this charade.
I would not feel less British if the Falklands were gone, myself ... I didn't feel a thing when we let go of Hong Kong which was a lot more important than Port Stanley!
Por mi Ronan, ellos pueden permanecer en las islas si lo desean.

Y pueden ser tan britanicos como lo deseen.

Yo no discuto su ciudadania, ni a que país deben pertenecer. Ese es un problema de ellos con UK.

Yo discuto la propiedad del territorio, no sus vidas y lo que hagan con ellas.

Mis saludos para vos.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of345
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the United Kingdom Forum right now

Search the United Kingdom Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 16 min Ian 11,374
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 25 min OnlyPatchWork 98
Gay BBM pins 2014 (Jan '14) 37 min Josh 4,605
skype sex 51 min rischio00 351
Glasgow set for Commonwealth Games 1 hr Humhainna 1
Mature Sex Dating in The UK 1 hr Taylor Quinn 1
Willmett Solicitors believed to be in administr... (Dec '09) 2 hr Beenfollowing 1,188
•••
•••