Father Hudson home memories haunted millionaire

Mar 31, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: IcBirmingham

“If people have committed criminal offences then they need to be investigated”

AFTER winning a share of 2.3 million on the pools John Connolly thought he had nothing left to worry about. via IcBirmingham

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of213
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jenny egan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Judged:

I have just finished looking at pictures of Father Hudson Homes. I've heard the harrowing tales over the years from my mum.

I can't acces your story online,but I'm still digging for the truth.
CHRISTINA GLYNN

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

Judged:

Yes Jenny dig for the truth! I was in the care of those so called "brides of Christ" I hope they have all burned in hell!
mary fox

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Judged:

iwent to both schools in coleshill st edwards & st pauls, iwas not in the homes.the cruilty every day from the nuns was horrrific.i amm 65 now and the past still effects me. i live in australia and would love to hear from many of those unfortunate people. may god bless them all.
antonella

Cannock, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Judged:

all these years on and we are still suffering from the effect of those nuns
Mike Massen

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Judged:

antonella wrote:
all these years on and we are still suffering from the effect of those nuns
We are assisting some victims of abuse at Father Hudsons home and would be keen to speak with you and anyone else who suffered abuse, thank you. Alison Ludwell Gartons Solicitors 0113 2310766. aludwell@gartonsolicitors.co.u k
Charlotte

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

Hi I've been in the house where farther hudson was not so long back, I thought there would be a bad atmosphere but there isn't although there are alotthings that i wish i new what they were used for ... like the brick stand thing in the celler Is there any body that can remember the house and how it was set out ect.in the small room there are 3 puitures on the glass, 1 including jesus.
Joan Deeley

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

Judged:

I was at St.Pauls home for Girls during 1959 to 1960.
It was the worst year of my life,the nuns showed no love or compassion,they were cold as ice.
I feel sick inside just typing this note now.The nuns were bitter and twisted.
I would love to hear from anyone who was living at St Pauls, especially a girl called Christine Walker.
God Bless to all those who were in Father Hudsons Homes.
maxine hughes

Gloucester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Judged:

i was put into nazareth house childrens home in rednal at the age off two along with my three brothers and two sisters i was the youngest it was 1968 i am now 44 . it was the worse experiance off my life the nuns and priest were all so cold and heartfull towards everybody we didnt ask to b put there.if anybody reads this get in touch if u were in nazareth house..
Vanessa Styles

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

Judged:

My two sisters and I were victims of the abuse at Father Hudsons Homes, we all three carry the physical and mental scars of our experiences. I was christened a catholic, but I have never stepped inside a church, (apart from our mothers funeral). Personally they took my identity away from me. When we arrived they asked what our names were, I told them my name was Vanessa, but they said that name was too posh and for about 10 years I was called Susan. When I see my sisters, we are like strangers, and we all have a tale to tell.
Clare Kulik

Swadlincote, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

Judged:

maxine hughes wrote:
i was put into nazareth house childrens home in rednal at the age off two along with my three brothers and two sisters i was the youngest it was 1968 i am now 44 . it was the worse experiance off my life the nuns and priest were all so cold and heartfull towards everybody we didnt ask to b put there.if anybody reads this get in touch if u were in nazareth house..
My family had emigrated to Australia in 1969 and returned homeless in 1972. All 6 of us kids were put into care at Nazareth house in Birmingham. We were only there for about 6/8 weeks but saw enough to know that things were not right. Us older ones witnessed 2 nuns beat up our 2 youngest brothers aged 5 & 6. We also thought the behaviour of one of the priests and a social worker was a bit odd, but it is only when you grow up that you reliase why it was not normal. Fortunately for us, our parents were able to find a house and we left it behind us. Obviously this is nothing compared to what the other children went through. There was one person at Nazareth house who was very caring, she was not a nun, her name was Agnes. I would love to contact her to thank her for her kindness.
Danny Mackle

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Judged:

I was at father hudsons from 1956 left 1967 and went onto there working on the moseley road birmingham.I was the youngest of a family of 6.My two sisters were in st paulsus in st edwards. I know of all the crap that went on there.i was last to leave i lost my family the day we were put into hudsons.The only time i got to see my two sisters were mass days.Ive lost my family as such as i was the only one that went on to the working hostel. those whon left with me became my family as such. The nightmares remain still Iced tears on my pillow to this day.They say wounds turn to scars But some scars never Heal. Hello to all sisters and brothers who survived. I know how you feel.
jo stanley

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Judged:

My dad was in Father Hudson home coleshill from Birth 1942-1945 and then again from about 1951-1956 ish... He was abused by all their, nuns and Father Eric Taylor! He was scarred from his time for his whole life. Myself and my sisters recently found out the second time he was in their, his own blood brother (Brian Deere) 3 years younger than him was their too at the same time,the nuns and father knew they were brothers, but my dad or his brother didn't know, Brian was sent to Australia and they never met, My dad unfortunaltley passed away 10 years ago and never knew he had Family!! It makes me so angry, they were pur EVIL B******S that wrecked my Dad.. and im sure 1000's more. I feel for anyone that suffered their and too their familys for the effects of all this has caused. I think the worst thing was that when finally eric taylor was sent to prison they faked his death and sent him to Australia ( funny that it was oz where all the other innocent children was. That is just not right!!!!!!!! i would like to here from anyone that remebers my dad or Brian
kate

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

Mike Massen wrote:
<quoted text>
We are assisting some victims of abuse at Father Hudsons home and would be keen to speak with you and anyone else who suffered abuse, thank you. Alison Ludwell Gartons Solicitors 0113 2310766. aludwell@gartonsolicitors.co.u k
i was in father hudsons homes and know i have blocked much of it out, the back of a hairbrush was the favourite repremand, however, in some ways what was to follow at the hands of my stepfather after i left the homes was worse, and yes im in my sixties and the pain is still there
david spittle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

Judged:

Vanessa Styles wrote:
My two sisters and I were victims of the abuse at Father Hudsons Homes, we all three carry the physical and mental scars of our experiences. I was christened a catholic, but I have never stepped inside a church,(apart from our mothers funeral). Personally they took my identity away from me. When we arrived they asked what our names were, I told them my name was Vanessa, but they said that name was too posh and for about 10 years I was called Susan. When I see my sisters, we are like str..angers, and we all have a tale to tell.
susan your name seems to ring a bell if you know the name get in touch,dont know how there must be a way..
dave spittle
Christine Walker

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

Judged:

Joan Deeley wrote:
I was at St.Pauls home for Girls during 1959 to 1960.
It was the worst year of my life,the nuns showed no love or compassion,they were cold as ice.
I feel sick inside just typing this note now.The nuns were bitter and twisted.
I would love to hear from anyone who was living at St Pauls, especially a girl called Christine Walker.God Bless to all those who were in Father Hudsons Homes.
Hello I do not no how to start, But here goes I am just watching TV and I was wondering about my life and St Pauls came to my mind so I just googled St Pauls Coleshill and there was my name from you. I am sorry but I don't remember you. I moved to U.S.A San Diego CA with my husband. I would love to talk to you I have the worst nightmares of that palce I hate those son of ==========
Christine Walker

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

Judged:

Joan Deeley, Since I read your note I have not been able to get that place out of my mind. I would like to get in touch with you but don't no how. I do have a question for you, You are not the girl who burned her leg so badly and hid it from the Nuns? It's haunted me all of my life we were so young and lived in fear and so much pain. Tear's are falling as I write this I will never never for get or for give them.
Joan Deeley

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

Christine Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello I do not no how to start, But here goes I am just watching TV and I was wondering about my life and St Pauls came to my mind so I just googled St Pauls Coleshill and there was my name from you. I am sorry but I don't remember you. I moved to U.S.A San Diego CA with my husband. I would love to talk to you I have the worst nightmares of that palce I hate those son of ==========
Dear Christine,It is lovely to hear from you and do so hope that you are happy.No I am not that poor girl.You were only 7 and i was ten.I was the lucky one there in a way because I had my two uncles visit me most saturdays and my Father on a Sunday.We made our first Holy Communion together along with Carol Mohommad,who was around my age.I have a couple of Photo's of you on your communion day I would love you to have.I remember when you were in church Sunday morning and you wet yourself,too frightened to ask and when we got home sitting at the breakfast table,evil Sister Theresa came in shouting abuse at you and made you stand up and give you three hard whips on the hand with the cane and I shall never forget your screams.Christine I am now living in Huntly in Aberdeenshire in Scotland and would dearly love to get in touch with you,I shall find a way somehow.My married name now is Joan Barrington-Wright.God Bless xxx
Christine Walker

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

Joan Deeley wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Christine,It is lovely to hear from you and do so hope that you are happy.No I am not that poor girl.You were only 7 and i was ten.I was the lucky one there in a way because I had my two uncles visit me most saturdays and my Father on a Sunday.We made our first Holy Communion together along with Carol Mohommad,who was around my age.I have a couple of Photo's of you on your communion day I would love you to have.I remember when you were in church Sunday morning and you wet yourself,too frightened to ask and when we got home sitting at the breakfast table,evil Sister Theresa came in shouting abuse at you and made you stand up and give you three hard whips on the hand with the cane and I shall never forget your screams.Christine I am now living in Huntly in Aberdeenshire in Scotland and would dearly love to get in touch with you,I shall find a way somehow.My married name now is Joan Barrington-Wright.God Bless xxx
Dear Joan, I could write Via FaceBook if you are there,
And exchange Email address I don't remember that thank god if there is one!!! I've blocked a lot out and I hated that Nun and the other one I don't no how to spell her name Sister Malerlouise something like that. Look forward to specking to you.
ChristineXXX
Joan Deeley

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Christine Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Joan, I could write Via FaceBook if you are there,
And exchange Email address I don't remember that thank god if there is one!!! I've blocked a lot out and I hated that Nun and the other one I don't no how to spell her name Sister Malerlouise something like that. Look forward to specking to you.
ChristineXXX
Dear Chris,Thanks for your reply.You can find me by Jo B-Wright.Take care and look forward to hearing from you.xx
Christine Walker

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Dear Chris, Thanks for your reply.You can find me on rieverswife@hotmail.com.Look forward to hearing from you.Take care.xxx

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of213
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the United Kingdom Forum right now

Search the United Kingdom Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay bbm pins (Aug '13) 5 min American guy 6,137
Gay BBM pins 2014 29 min rhys 1,581
Swap UK girls 48 min UKSWAP 1
Why are Muslims so stupid and violent? (May '13) 49 min Australia 86
i lookin 2 claym moar benfits help plz? 50 min Tracy 3
Gay BBM group chat 1 hr andi 5
Anyone with oxy in the uk (Jul '11) 1 hr poppy 3
•••
•••