Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

TR0Y

Ancient city of Troy is located 30 km south west of Canakkale province in the Marmara Region of Turkey. This is one of the most important historical cities of Anatolia. Archeological excavations have revealed nine separate periods of settlement at this site, including ruins of city walls, house foundations, a temple and a theater.
The earliest settlement dates from five thousand years ago and the last coincided with the late Roman period. Famous Trojan wars, depicted in Homer&#65533;s epic Iliad took place here at about 1200 BC. A symbolic wooden horse at this site commemorates this legendary war.,,
Selamet

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Turkish bread is mmmmm
TURKIYE 2023

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

I like raki
Ali

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

i likes gazoz... i miss it
Famous Last Words

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Why do you weep. Did you think I was immortal?
~~ Louis XIV, King of France, d. 1715
Ali Loves Penny

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

mmm food glorious food :D
Big Boy

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

No pork allowed.
Turkish facts

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

Terrain

Terrain: mostly mountains; narrow coastal plain; high central plateau (Anatolia)
lowest point: Mediterranean Sea 0 m
highest point: Mount Ararat 5,166 m
largest lake: Lake Van 3,713 square km

Natural resources: coal, iron ore, copper, chromium, antimony, mercury, gold, barite, borate, celestite (strontium), emery, feldspar, limestone, magnesite, marble, perlite, pumice, pyrites (sulfur), clay, arable land, hydropower.
Mark The Shark

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

TURKIYE 2023 wrote:
I like raki
22 million Turks are addicted to raki.
Sokanatan

Eindhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Mark The Shark wrote:
<quoted text> 22 million Turks are addicted to raki.
7 million Greeks addicted to ouzo and 220 million Russians addicted to vodka.
hertz

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

german girls addicted to turkish boys
lets climb

Estonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

greeks are wayward shard-borne incontinent varlets
Ali

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Mark The Shark wrote:
<quoted text> 22 million Turks are addicted to raki.
20 million aussies addited to fosters :}
waLLy

Kamnik, Slovenia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

Greek

Used to express your lack of knowledge of a certain topic.
Rogue Leader

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

hertz wrote:
german girls addicted to turkish boys
I should move to GERMANY AND PRETEND TO BE A tURK.
Selamet

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Only for Allah

There was a pious man among the Banu Israel who always remained busy in the worship of Allah. A group of people came to him and told him that a tribe living nearby worshipped a tree. The news upset him, and with an axe on his shoulder he went to cut down that tree. On the way, Satan met him in the form of an old man and asked him where he was going. He said he was going to cut a particular tree. Satan said, "You have nothing to be concerned with this tree, you better mind your worship and do not give it up for the sake of something that does not concern you." "This is also worship," retorted the worshipper. Then Satan tried to prevent him from cutting the tree, and there followed a fight between the two, in which the worshipper overpowered the Satan. Finding himself completely helpless, Satan begged to be excused, and when the worshipper released him, he again said, "Allah has not made the cutting of this tree obligatory on you. You do not lose anything if you do not cut it. If its cutting were necessary, Allah could have got it done through one of his many Prophets." The worshipper insisted on cutting the tree. There was again a fight between the two and again the worshipper overpowered the Satan. "Well listen," said Satan, "I propose a settlement that will be to your advantage." The worshipper agreed, and Satan said, "You are a poor man, a mere burden on this earth. If you stay away from this act, I will pay you three gold coins everyday. You will daily find them lying under your pillow. By this money you can fulfil your own needs, can oblige your relative, help the needy, and do so many other virtuous things. Cutting the tree will be only one virtue, which will ultimately be of no use because the people will grow another tree." This proposal appealed to the worshipper, and he accepted it. He found the money on two successive days, but on the third day there was nothing. He got enraged, picked up his axe and went to cut the tree. Satan as an old man again met him on the way and asked him where he was going. "To cut the tree," shouted the worshipper. "I will not let you do it," said Satan. A fight took place between the two again but this time Satan had the upper hand and overpowered the worshipper. The latter was surprised at his own defeat, and asked the former the cause of his success. Satan replied, "At first, your anger was purely for earning the pleasure of Allah, and therefore Almighty Allah helped you to overpower me, but now it has been partly for the sake of the gold coins and therefore you lost."
Aslan Ali Abiniz

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

nice story (Y)))
Sokanatan

Eindhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

Rogue Leader wrote:
<quoted text> I should move to GERMANY AND PRETEND TO BE A tURK.
You could only succeed if you have a big you know what.
Salamah

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

How thirty people ate in the dark

Sheikh Abul Hasan Antaki (RA.) lived in Raye, a city in Khorassan. One day, it chanced that the Sheikh had more than thirty guests, while he did not have sufficient bread with him. He could not bake more bread, for, it was late at night. So, he broke the few loaves he had into small pieces and spread them over a piece of cloth, which he had laid before his guests. When they were going to start eating, the Sheikh put out the lamp. Everybody seemed to start eating and one could hear the sound of their chewing. After a while, the sound stopped and it was presumed that everybody had finished eating. The Sheikh then lighted the lamp and they saw that all the pieces were lying untouched; nobody had eaten anything. Because the food was little, everyone was thinking about his brothers next to him and wanted them to eat instead.
Source: "Fadhail-e-Sadaqaa: Part II" translated by Prof. Abdul Karim.

May Allah make us useful for each other in terms of pleasing Allah.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of337
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Turkey Forum right now

Search the Turkey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Turkey vulnerable to rising Russian power in th... 3 hr PUTIN 9
Independent: The Armenian genocide. 5 hr kim jong un 89
What about the Assyrian genocide? 6 hr Armenian Genocide 1
Should Turkey must recognice the Armenian genoc... 6 hr Armenian Genocide 1
Is the Turks sons of Satan,Yes or No? 6 hr Armenian Genocide 2
Bagimsiz Trakya Cumhuriyeti Türkiye'den ayrilsi... (Oct '09) 6 hr Ala Torug 49
Has izmir ever been called Symirna ? 7 hr Enver Pasa 34
•••
•••