Upanishads and Buddhism

Posted in the Sri Lanka Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
F the 13th amendment

Montclair, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 27, 2012
 
I see Indian 99 trying to say that Buddha got his views on meditation, mindfulness etc from Upanishads. Buddha says he studied Vedas. Also there are many many references to Vedas in Buddhist scriptures. Never a mention of Upanishads. Upanishads was a development that occured as a response to Buddhism.

Vedic Brahmins knew old god based sacrificial system is not enough for expanding minds. They developed Upanishads but still kept the god in it.
Soulja

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 27, 2012
 
F the 13th amendment wrote:
I see Indian 99 trying to say that Buddha got his views on meditation, mindfulness etc from Upanishads. Buddha says he studied Vedas. Also there are many many references to Vedas in Buddhist scriptures. Never a mention of Upanishads. Upanishads was a development that occurred as a response to Buddhism.
Vedic Brahmins knew old god based sacrificial system is not enough for expanding minds. They developed Upanishads but still kept the god in it.
Whats the use of peanut sized brains expanding at the rate of One millimeters per 100 years just as those who wrote Mahavamsa?
At the end of the day you are still considered dumb.
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 27, 2012
 
Soulja wrote:
<quoted text>Whats the use of peanut sized brains expanding at the rate of One millimeters per 100 years just as those who wrote Mahavamsa?
At the end of the day you are still considered dumb.
at the end of the day, 70million kari demalu are stateless. pow.
Soulja

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 27, 2012
 
Punc wrote:
<quoted text>
at the end of the day, 70million kari demalu are stateless. pow.
MOdaya, you are trying so hard to get some sypahy from Travellor from NJ. Modaya, Muslims are the main problem the Sinhalese have today.
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 27, 2012
 
Soulja wrote:
<quoted text>MOdaya, you are trying so hard to get some sypahy from Travellor from NJ. Modaya, Muslims are the main problem the Sinhalese have today.
kariya English kada.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Sri Lanka Forum right now

Search the Sri Lanka Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who wanna join bodu bala sena? 3 hr shalika 3
Will muslims dominate Sri Lanka oneday? 6 hr SirRazikFareed 13
Sri Lankan Chief Prelate threatens to launch pr... 6 hr Pure Aryan 3
Gothabaya Rajapakse Begs Malaysian after inciti... 6 hr Pure Aryan 13
Rising Muslim Extremism in Srilanka 7 hr Pure Aryan 29
Muslims in Olluvil Amparai Eastern Provice prot... 8 hr Ding dong demala 3
Wilpattu Plunder Elephants and Leopards Repla... 8 hr Ding dong demala 2
•••
•••
•••
•••