The US has taken a stance against Argentina's brinkmanship...

May 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Spectator

The 30th anniversary of the Falklands War and the bellicose rhetoric currently emerging from Buenos Aires - has once more shone a spotlight on the UK's relationship with Argentina.

Comments
1 - 20 of 532 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Joe

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

What spell is Cristina going to cook up to take the heat out of this development?
A new scrap yard on Pepys I./S.Georgia?
Brian

Wolverhampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

Really interesting Joe. Thank you for drawing it to, certainly my, attention.

PS. I have an uncle who lives in Christchurch called Joseph (my mother's brother). Emigrated in the late 50s / early 60s (not sure exactly) on the £10 subsidized ticket with his young family.

Regards
Malvinense1

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

Joe wrote:
What spell is Cristina going to cook up to take the heat out of this development?
A new scrap yard on Pepys I./S.Georgia?
Sure joe.It is a poor article.The ine is not abiding for the int.LAw is uk.
First they invaded a territory already occupied by Argentina.To make the thing worse,uk signed,a treaty of commerce and friendship with Argentina,WITHOUT making any reservations about any territory held by Argentina..
uk SUCK! So guys do not complain about Argentina...Argentina is fine and uk is a PIRATE nation!
Brian

Wolverhampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Malvinense1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure joe.It is a poor article.The ine is not abiding for the int.LAw is uk.
First they invaded a territory already occupied by Argentina.To make the thing worse,uk signed,a treaty of commerce and friendship with Argentina,WITHOUT making any reservations about any territory held by Argentina..
uk SUCK! So guys do not complain about Argentina...Argentina is fine and uk is a PIRATE nation!
This guy is clearly using these sites to learn English. To achieve anything as an economic refugee in an English speaking country you have to have a basic understanding of the language. He has none.
Malvinense1

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy is clearly using these sites to learn English. To achieve anything as an economic refugee in an English speaking country you have to have a basic understanding of the language. He has none.
Are the people from manchester as stupid as you brian?We have allmac...
Noo body understand you brit prick!
Brian

Wolverhampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Malvinense1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the people from manchester as stupid as you brian?We have allmac...
Noo body understand you brit prick!
I knew I should have responded to you. Is it not passed your bedtime or shouldn't you be at school?

Also see that you have managed to find all of the spicy words in your Spanish / English dictionary. Now run along.
Malvinense1

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew I should have responded to you. Is it not passed your bedtime or shouldn't you be at school?
Also see that you have managed to find all of the spicy words in your Spanish / English dictionary. Now run along.
AHAHHAHAAH Sure prick!!You run first!PELOTUDO!

Since: Apr 12

Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Brian,

So long as the Malvinistas have Malvinense on their side the Falklanders have nothing to worry about

I asked Malvin a few days ago which side would he be on in 1939...He hasnt replied yet.
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
francisco

Federal, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Yo me hubiese unido a las fuerzas de la Francia libre. O a las fuerzas americanas.
MALVINAS ARGENTINAS

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

camelunghi wrote:
Brian,
So long as the Malvinistas have Malvinense on their side the Falklanders have nothing to worry about
I asked Malvin a few days ago which side would he be on in 1939...He hasnt replied yet.
<quoted text>
Well I was not born then..So I can not answer that.......

Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Neither was I born then, but it is not a difficult question for you, we can all make a choice based on politics and the moral challenges thrown up by WW2

Lets make it easier...

WW2 started in 1939 but by May 1940 France and Poland had been defeated. While Britains Empire could still be depended on. logistically all too far away and many Countries had declared nuetrality including the US. Britain stood alone fighting Nazi Germany in Europe and did so for a long period.

Basically the question which side would you be on?
MALVINAS ARGENTINAS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I was not born then..So I can not answer that.......

Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Thanks Francisco,

By May 1940 things looked bad for the British, France and Poland had already fallen and signing up for the Free French was not an easy option. The US had not entered the war at this stage.
francisco wrote:
Yo me hubiese unido a las fuerzas de la Francia libre. O a las fuerzas americanas.
MALVINAS ARGENTINAS

Markham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

camelunghi wrote:
Thanks Francisco,
By May 1940 things looked bad for the British, France and Poland had already fallen and signing up for the Free French was not an easy option. The US had not entered the war at this stage.
<quoted text>
Summary of history. So then,if you were born,German,in 1915,which side will you go?
So the brits can notdefeat us,they divert,muddle the issues and then attack..Sorry guys,we are too smart for you....
First send brian,then jake,muddling the issue..Oh that lawyer is bad,you do not know English,economic refugee,etc....
Well camel: Why uk declined the invitation to go to a proper CCOURT of Justice,when Argentina invited to settle the issue of MAlvinas,in 1884 and 5 times after??
Comprende English?...O voce fala Portugues?

Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Malvin,

I have to say you sound just a little flustered....you have ducked the question twice, when Francisco answered in a heart beat.

Being born a German doesnt garuantee one would fight for the Nazis - Look at Deitrich Bonhoeffer

vocÍ pode responder a minha pergunta por favor?

When you answer this simple question....I will explain how this relates to the forum
<quoted text>
Summary of history. So then,if you were born,German,in 1915,which side will you go?
So the brits can notdefeat us,they divert,muddle the issues and then attack..Sorry guys,we are too smart for you....
First send brian,then jake,muddling the issue..Oh that lawyer is bad,you do not know English,economic refugee,etc....
Well camel: Why uk declined the invitation to go to a proper CCOURT of Justice,when Argentina invited to settle the issue of MAlvinas,in 1884 and 5 times after??
Comprende English?...O voce fala Portugues?
MALVINAS ARGENTINAS

Markham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

camelunghi wrote:
Malvin,
I have to say you sound just a little flustered....you have ducked the question twice, when Francisco answered in a heart beat.
Being born a German doesnt garuantee one would fight for the Nazis - Look at Deitrich Bonhoeffer
vocÍ pode responder a minha pergunta por favor?
When you answer this simple question....I will explain how this relates to the forum
<quoted text>
Francisco,is another person....And I do not want to answer.....
Well It depend..many people taught the NAzi were good,and died for it....They had many allies,Italians,Romania,Hungar y,in the USA,etc...Do you remember Quisling???So Nazis had many suporters,including in Ukraine,etc...

Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Thankyou Malvin,

So we can take it you would be a Nazi supporter.

It explains alot why you hate the British
<quoted text>
Francisco,is another person....And I do not want to answer.....
Well It depend..many people taught the NAzi were good,and died for it....They had many allies,Italians,Romania,Hungar y,in the USA,etc...Do you remember Quisling???So Nazis had many suporters,including in Ukraine,etc...
francisco

Federal, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

camelunghi wrote:
Thanks Francisco,
<quoted text>
No sabia que te referias a 1940!.

En ese caso, me hubiese unido a las fuerzas britanicas....

Pero en 1941 me hubiese pasado a las americanas o francesas.
francisco

Federal, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Por cierto, me parece como demasiado que acuses a Malvi de nazi. Yo no creo que el sea de ese tipo.

Debe tener sus motivos para no responder.

Si no hace apologia del nazismo, no es justo acusarlo de nada relacionado a el.
Brian

Wolverhampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

camelunghi wrote:
Thankyou Malvin,
So we can take it you would be a Nazi supporter.
It explains alot why you hate the British
<quoted text>
Who has been teaching 'the Nazi's did good things'?
They started a war where 70,000,000 PEOPLE died (including the war in the Pacific that was a direct consequence). They murdered in the most appalling way, 6,000,000 PASSIVE, civilian Jews. Half of the TOTAL worldwide Jewish population of 12 million on the basis of RELIGION. He should explain these teaching to Titman. 23,000,000 Russians, fighting, but also many civilians due to starvation, bombings died.
I cannot believe what I am reading. I can now see what the Falklanders are up against.
WHO as been teaching these things (in Argentina)?
Jake Rockwell

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

The blind unquestioning nationalism shown by the Malvinas supporters is not too far removed from that shown by Nazi party supporters.

Malvinistas deny that there was a Falkland war. It does not surprise me that he also supports the Nazi.

This is why Argentina must never get the Falkland Islands. The Islanders would be the victims of a genocide by Argentina as soon as the media focus turned away.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••