Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Judged:

Research has revealed that corruption is a popular and daily practice among the African leaders... From West Africa, Central, North, South and East Africa,95% of poverty is as a result of political corruption...
Osman Sorie Kamara

Accra, Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Judged:

A poll created recently for Sierra Leone had revealed that 63% of the Sierra Leoneans worldwide agree that poverty in their country is caused by political corruption, while some believe there are several other factors that made Sierra Leone very poor despite its wealth in Diamond,Gold, Rutile and other resources. Sierra Leone after the Democratic Rep of Congo is believed to be the second richest diamond producing country south of the Sahara, but its citizens still live below poverty line and others in abject poverty. Sierra Leone is the richest diamond producing country in West Africa and yet, Sierra Leoneans cannot be left out in the ranking of Africans living on less than a dollar a day...

The people of Sierra Leone with a corruption zero tolerance leadership could have lived better than most Africans, but political corruption which became an entrenched attitudue among the politicians just after colonialism has collapsed the country and its people down the road, a situattion which caused the long decade civil war that ended about 6 years ago.
With a new regime in power, one believes that the system will change for the better and there's hope for a better future.Unless corruption is stopped at the top, Africans and their continent will continue to face the stigma of poverty...

MF
syishya trokuff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

Africa has many challeges, but I beleive the major one would be AIDS. Corruption is a big deal, but AIDS is even bigger. It's wiped out half the population of Africa, and will some day be compared to the Holocaust. The challege involving AIDS needs to be addressed first. A lot of the population dying are children. They should address AIDS first because the children are the future leaders of the country, and will have to be alive to do so.
bolivia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

I fell so bad for the children in AFrica.
Osman Sorie Kamara

Hameln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

INQUEST-A HEAD FOR HEAD GAME?

The recent step taken by the Ernest Bai Koroma's APC government could be seen by many Sierra Leoneans as a political revenge or HEAD FOR HEAD GAME, but on the one hand, it is a step to the right direction,but on the other,some see it as a usual political game, Sierra Leoneans believe those old days of dirty politics have gone and there is no place for those dirty old political games in our modern Sierra Leone... The INQUEST on Bambay Kamara,Yaya Kanu and other politics be must recorded in our historical books. How could they have been killed without records explaining reasons behind their killings.Somebody or someone must have been responsible for those illegal killings of some of our finest human resources. Let the law take its cause and that is one reason why there are laws governing every Sierra Leone. Was the killing of those people justifiable in a court of law?
EBK must bring to book those responsible for all the illegal summary and massive killings of our brothers and sisters at the time...

Sierra Leone is the first country to have executed a woman, Major Kula Samba in Africa unless history disagrees with me,but I believe so!
I witnessed live the execution of the 24 soldiers including Major Kula Samba,the only wowan amongst the last military execution in Sierra Leone in 1997. I saw it with my every eyes, as a pupil at the time, I could never have imagined such thing would be done to anyone in this country,was it because of the civil war, a revenge, or common?
ALL WE NEED NOW IN SIERRA LEONE IS PEACE,STABILITY,DEVELOPMENT,LO VE AND UNITY AND THE GOVERNMENT IS RIGHT TO TAKE THIS STEP! IT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ANY SIERRA LEONEAN. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL TODAY IF IT WERE YOUR FATHER,BROTHER,MOTHER...?
Sserubiri joseph

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

We have so many unsolved problems in Africa being brought by our fathers and grands,so many African children are dying of starvation and no one cares but i know and believe that one day Africa will change and the black man will leave the hands of corrupt dictators and we the young youth shall fight hard to ashame our elders who have made Africa a land of suffering and missery, but one day,we shall overcome
Simeon bob Tucker junior

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

In sierra leone, our government teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery in sweet sierra leone.The government which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses,their employers, and their personal interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy. it is time to stand for our country, to see transparency and accountability in sierra leone as children and young people have little or no future if we do not work to develop sierra leone.Political rivalry should not stop us helping in the development of our country. let us come on board the GLOBAL PLATFORM FOR A BETTER SIERRA LEONE project to improve our country and say no to corrupt political leaders in sierra leone

Since: May 12

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Until we try to minimise political corruption, before africa can develop.corruption is a plague upon africa.it keeps pulling us aficans down because we are selfish.we just want to sit in our corners and eat all we can while the poor suffer.Africa is the richest continet in the world but because of our greed and corrupt practices we are now striving for survival.

A special thanks to the president of sierra leone who has placed a zero tolerance on the cooruption in the country.we now can see the Anti-corruption commission tracking people down for corrupt practices in the country.Regardless of tribe,nationality,political influence or tribe.once you are caught, you going down.
With these measures put in place and ensure its effectiveness,sierra leone is now boasting of economic growth,we see national development and the country's ranking in the international index is going down.

I think if we can have more presidents in africa following the foot step of sierra leone,then we can be proud of a corrupt free continent.

it is a gradual process, but with commitement and the love we have for mama africa we sure can get there.long live africa.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sierra Leone Discussions

Search the Sierra Leone Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
dating men from Sierra leone (Jun '12) Jul 24 atisha 14
making money with premium rate numbers Jul 18 parascorp8 1
Black Money Jul 14 Anthony 1
hurry!!!!!! premium rate numbers available with... Jun '14 parascorp8 1
...FARMER..is..GOD,,..not... (Sep '13) May '14 PAUL SHYKORA arts 2
Were Ram and Rahim gays? Apr '14 Buddha 1
UN Declares Sierra Leone a Success as Peacekeep... Mar '14 HAJA SONNAH ALLIE KHAN 1
•••
•••