MSU has 31 topnotchers in board exams

Nov 19, 2008 Full story: www.mb.com.ph 23

MARAWI CITY – The Mindanao State University System (MSU) produced 31 top 10 passers, including two topnotchers, in 12 national board examinations conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) for 2008, a university official said yesterday.

MSU President Dr. Macapado Muslim said seven graduates from the MSU Marawi main campus and two from Tawi-Tawi landed among the top ten passers in the October 2008 licensure exam for Fishery Techonology.

An MSU Tawi-Tawi graduate, Yashier Jumar placed first, Cherry Nian was 9th, while the Marawi main campus graduates ranked third, fourth, fifth, ninth, and tenth.

Muslim added that the MSU main campus was rated the second top performing school in the Electrical Engineering, Nursing, Social Work and Fishery Techonology board exams.

The MSU Iligan Institute of Technology and the MSU General Santos City were this year’s top performing school in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.

Graduates from MSU General Santos City swept the top 3 ranking while another ranked No. 8 in the Mechanical Engineering board examination.

BONG REBLANDO & ASA MADALE, Manila Bulletin Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Know thyself.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 19, 2008
Bacground on MSU:

Mindanao State University was created on Sept. 1, 1961 by Republic Act No. 1387, as amended by RA 1893, to hasten the integration of the cultural minority groups into the mainstream of the nation and socio-cultural and political life through public education.

There are at least 7 campuses of MSU all over Mindanao.

Tuition fee is cheap. In so many years, students have been paying just P10 per semester. The fees have jacked up but not in so many thousands as in other schools.
Its does not matter

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2008
Jane Abao wrote:
Bacground on MSU:
Mindanao State University was created on Sept. 1, 1961 by Republic Act No. 1387, as amended by RA 1893, to hasten the integration of the cultural minority groups into the mainstream of the nation and socio-cultural and political life through public education.
There are at least 7 campuses of MSU all over Mindanao.

Tuition fee is cheap. In so many years, students have been paying just P10 per semester. The fees have jacked up but not in so many thousands as in other schools.
It doesn't matter if they finish top notch. They won't be able to get a job in the Philippines!

I'm pretty sure Gloria Arroyo, Will be very happy another pinoy go abroad and work. She would have plenty of money to steal.

“Know thyself.”

Location hidden

#3 Nov 20, 2008
Its does not matter wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if they finish top notch. They won't be able to get a job in the Philippines!
Right! Being topnotch is different from being able to get a job.
Sweet kamote

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2008
Jane Abao wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Being topnotch is different from being able to get a job.
True, very true! But, Still. What are you going to do with your diploma if you can't even get a job. Of course go abroad just like the rest of filipino people,...Otherwise if you stay in the Philippines you'll die with hunger. What a shame.....

I'm not top notcher but I had a job only because I got out.
If I stay I'll be one of the people who is starving. And Gloria Arroyo, Don't give a damn.
korihor

Philippines

#5 Feb 19, 2009
where are the logos of the MSU campuses? kinahanglan nko kai magbuhat mig MSUans iloilo chapter dire and divers kau mi from tawi2, gensan, iit, marawi, and naawan..basig mangasuko ang walay logo kung di nako mabutangan.
Allan Pitogo

Kuwait, Kuwait

#6 Jun 10, 2009
Perhaps, the year 2008 saw MSU made the best performance in Board Exams. The 31 top ten placers is a feat to reckon with. This year,2009, our law school produced the first 2nd placer. If I am not wrong, it is the 2nd time that MSU have a placer in the Bar Exam. Also, MSU Marawi and IIT are top ten placers in Electrical and 1st placer in Chemical Engineering. I hope that in the succeeding months, we will see another MSUans topnotcher. And if the list of top 20 schools will be released in 2011, I pray MSU-Marawi, MSU-IIT and MSU Gensan will make it to the top. Kudos to all.

“Know thyself.”

Location hidden

#7 Jun 17, 2009
Allan Pitogo wrote:
Perhaps, the year 2008 saw MSU made the best performance in Board Exams. The 31 top ten placers is a feat to reckon with. This year,2009, our law school produced the first 2nd placer. If I am not wrong, it is the 2nd time that MSU have a placer in the Bar Exam. Also, MSU Marawi and IIT are top ten placers in Electrical and 1st placer in Chemical Engineering. I hope that in the succeeding months, we will see another MSUans topnotcher. And if the list of top 20 schools will be released in 2011, I pray MSU-Marawi, MSU-IIT and MSU Gensan will make it to the top. Kudos to all.
Oh, yeah?

What was the 2nd placer, a Maranao?

I would be proud.
Niwd

Makati, Philippines

#8 Jun 18, 2009
wow indeed. jobs would be there for sure if they worked enough. guys saying theres no job in the country are overstating facts. Only d juan tamads would say that.
chris jayson

Manila, Philippines

#9 Feb 13, 2010
yes! we will be seen on the top. im proud that i graduated in msu gensan. tatak msuan 'to. and im very happy that i got my stable job now and this is because of the background of my alma matter.
kudos msuans
Not juan tamad

United States

#10 Feb 13, 2010
Niwd wrote:
wow indeed. jobs would be there for sure if they worked enough. guys saying theres no job in the country are overstating facts. Only d juan tamads would say that.
Just because people can't find a job in the philippines thats don't mean they're Juan tamad. They can't find work because there is not enough work for everybody. Most of the people who got a job is the people who have connection. If you don't have connection its hard for you to get a job not atleast you just want to work as a MAID. OR HOUSE BOY!
bob

Philippines

#11 Feb 19, 2010
those who cannot find a job are yung mga taong walang guts! Being a topnotcher is a big plus! tulda ko waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........MSUa ns are known to be magagaling. Yun ang sabi ng nakatabi ko sa plane from Manchester to Amsterdam. BTW, msu main me nag grad batch 2005, CSSH.

“Know thyself.”

Location hidden

#12 Apr 10, 2010
bob wrote:
those who cannot find a job are yung mga taong walang guts! Being a topnotcher is a big plus! tulda ko waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........MSUa ns are known to be magagaling. Yun ang sabi ng nakatabi ko sa plane from Manchester to Amsterdam. BTW, msu main me nag grad batch 2005, CSSH.
Yes, I know that. I have 2 student editors who have become Number 1 - In Chemistry and in Electronics Engineering.

MSU is really tops - but not in all courses.

Medicine, for example.
borloloy

Calamba City, Philippines

#13 Jun 20, 2010
mSU gensan di pa nka kuha ng 1sta place sa civil engr board exam. ME lang ang nka 1st place..
adrian

Quezon City, Philippines

#14 Oct 17, 2010
Being an MSU'ans is a greet asset. Corporate company always check the brain not in porma lyk the other school or others...BE proud to be msu. Dali makakuha ng job pg MSU'ans ka.. Sulit ang 85 PESOS mo n tuition fee...
karl

General Santos City, Philippines

#15 Oct 19, 2010
ofcourse!!!haha...ang mura na lang ng tuition natin but our school provide the best quality education...
joseph

Quezon City, Philippines

#16 Mar 13, 2012
yeah..!msu-tcto here..d best education could be a path towrds one's success...and it matters most of d tym spcially wen ur'e from a reputable institution...but it dpnds upon hw u value d signficance of education...hw ddcated u r...since it rflects ur prsnlty utmost..wen ur'e looking fr a job..wther u r prepared enough into d real world..its hw u hndle evrythng from within...d proof was wen i got hired in d BPO and got promoted..i was thnking i might not get hred coz i still hv 2yrs more to finish my course but i ddnt expct evrythng came my way.so now bck 2 my stidies here n cebu and hoping to pursue my education...
falia bum

Cebu, Philippines

#17 Apr 23, 2012
...im very proud being part of the most outstanding university in the Philippines rather as one of the top performing school..as a scholar i really thanks this university hope i will be one of your great asset in the future..
Proffesor Ramza

Cebu, Philippines

#19 Jun 28, 2012
i think M.S.U is the best ^_^
buloy

Parañaque City, Philippines

#20 Sep 25, 2012
love my own....:)
Colonialist Malaya

London, UK

#21 Sep 25, 2012
falia bum wrote:
...im very proud being part of the most outstanding university in the Philippines rather as one of the top performing school..as a scholar i really thanks this university hope i will be one of your great asset in the future..
The people of Mindanao and Sulu should build their institutions of learning and produce the best filipino talents in preparation to the eventual take over of Sabah, the Philippines from colonizer Federation of Malaya masquerading as Malaysia.

The Federation of Malaya is trying to make Sabah and Sarawak the lowly 12th and 13th states of the Federation of Malaya. Sabah and Sarawak are supposed to be equal partners in the supposed to be new nation Malaysia. When Singapore was ejected out of the supposed to be new nation Malaysia, Malaysia no longer exist. The Federation of Malaya took over the role of Malaysia and now internally colonizing Sabah and Sarawak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iglesia ni Cristo is a scam (Mar '12) 3 min ELIAS IBARRA 6,535
Safe abortion. I was once a patient of Ms. Pearl. 9 min Maiia 92
wanted textmate sexmate (Mar '14) 11 min chris 4,595
anybody here from cebu, philippines lesbian loo... (Apr '11) 48 min Ray 2,718
registered midwife and ob gyne miss shine 09396... (Jan '14) 1 hr aira30 418
anybody here in manila,girls looking for lesbia... (Jul '13) 1 hr bratinela 11,053
Abortion Pills Abortion Procedures 2 hr _H_E_L_P_E_R_ 36
NEWSFLASH!! INM cult trouble in New York! 3 hr TheRealOzzy 264
•••

Philippines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••