Arrested Filipino ex-leader moved to army hospital

Dec 9, 2011 Full story: The State 26

Former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo was transferred to a military hospital Friday to be detained on electoral fraud charges in the next chapter in the Philippines' political drama pitting her against a popular, reformist successor.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Colonialist Malaysia

Montréal, Canada

#22 Aug 20, 2012
Gloria kawatan wrote:
<quoted text>
Between these two I don't know who's the worse one. Either one of them deserve to be buried in any cemetery! They should just chop her body and throw it in the trash bin.
What good Gloria did during her Presidency? I don't remember anything except headaches to the Filipino people. She even sold her soul to the Chinese by way of various scandals.

Ferdinand Marcos is the best ever Filipino President the Filipinos ever had. He did a lot for the country. He even nationalize businesses he thinks is critical to the economy of the Philippines. The elite did not like that so they went on exile and their money flowed onto the streets to support rallies all over.

Marcos had to confront communists, at the same time with the elites who had the money to make noise in the streets. The Laurel -Langley agreement also expired during his presidency where the multinational companies lost their tax privileges, and had to pay the right amount resulting in millions if not billions of pesos flowing into government coffers, and they don't know where to put, and maybe the people wasn't aware about it. This maybe the reason why some government officials set up accounts overseas to put this unaccounted money everywhere. There is no check and balance then, no oversight or maybe freedom of information and or transparency.

Marcos then wasn't told of what's happening concealing the fact that he was sick, and wasn't told everything and just relying on some people near him who may have lied about the true state of country.

Marcos during his Presidency helped in establishing a parliamentary form of government to streamline all the functions of government on par with other countries. Investments all over the world poured in benefiting Filipinos all over the country. The next government after Marcos was toppled, removed the parliament and replaced it with the old presidential form of government. This move placed the Philippines backwards economically, politically and militarily. The rich became richer and the poor became poorer.

Anyways, after the charter change(Constitution) from parliamentary back to presidential, the head of the Chacha(Mrs.Agrava) was killed by whoever who has maybe interest in cementing the form of gov to the likes of the elites who don't want any change to protect their assets. The Philippines did not recover since Marcos.

Marcos, for me deserved to be laid to rest in Cemetery of heroes.
Gloria kawatan

Victorville, CA

#23 Aug 21, 2012
Colonialist Malaysia wrote:
<quoted text>
What good Gloria did during her Presidency? I don't remember anything except headaches to the Filipino people. She even sold her soul to the Chinese by way of various scandals.
Ferdinand Marcos is the best ever Filipino President the Filipinos ever had. He did a lot for the country. He even nationalize businesses he thinks is critical to the economy of the Philippines. The elite did not like that so they went on exile and their money flowed onto the streets to support rallies all over.
Marcos had to confront communists, at the same time with the elites who had the money to make noise in the streets. The Laurel -Langley agreement also expired during his presidency where the multinational companies lost their tax privileges, and had to pay the right amount resulting in millions if not billions of pesos flowing into government coffers, and they don't know where to put, and maybe the people wasn't aware about it. This maybe the reason why some government officials set up accounts overseas to put this unaccounted money everywhere. There is no check and balance then, no oversight or maybe freedom of information and or transparency.
Marcos then wasn't told of what's happening concealing the fact that he was sick, and wasn't told everything and just relying on some people near him who may have lied about the true state of country.
Marcos during his Presidency helped in establishing a parliamentary form of government to streamline all the functions of government on par with other countries. Investments all over the world poured in benefiting Filipinos all over the country. The next government after Marcos was toppled, removed the parliament and replaced it with the old presidential form of government. This move placed the Philippines backwards economically, politically and militarily. The rich became richer and the poor became poorer.
Anyways, after the charter change(Constitution) from parliamentary back to presidential, the head of the Chacha(Mrs.Agrava) was killed by whoever who has maybe interest in cementing the form of gov to the likes of the elites who don't want any change to protect their assets. The Philippines did not recover since Marcos.
Marcos, for me deserved to be laid to rest in Cemetery of heroes.
To be honest with you, I'm just talking shit. I really don't know Marcos, Very well I'am only 9 years old in 1972. When he declare martials laws; The only thing that I know off is what the elders saying about him. And for what I heard Marcos is a bad president.

But, Gloria Arroyo, I know very well I had relatives working for her and they depend each other. For what happen in the philippines when the elites kick the duly elected President Joseph Estrada, Is the filipino fault for letting Gloria Arroyo, Et al. Do whatever they want to do. This is one of the reason why the philippines went down the gutter. imbest na go for the better. The only reason Gloria Arroyo, Kick the duly elected President so that they're the one can rob the government coffer. As we all can see it. Truth is there for everyone to see but nobody looking at it. The only thing they're seing is the dollar's.....Money, They can rob...and fill it into their bank account. FOR WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE PHILIPPINES ITS THE FILIPINO PEOPLE FAULT. Because they're letting all the crooks get away with anything even murder. How I know this my relatives who is a murderer has been set free by Gloria Arroyo, Herself. Who this person? check it yourself. Because I'm not talking BS.

There is hope in the philippines if only all the crooks well be throw in jail where they belong! kaya lang only the poor people getting rotten in jail even though they're innocence. Because they can't afford to hire a lawyer to depend them. But, Richs crooks can buy their freedon. Just like Gloria Arroyo, Et al. How can you justify that.
Gloria kawatan

Victorville, CA

#24 Aug 21, 2012
If there is really rule of law; in the philippines Gloria Arroyo, Already getting rotten in jail where she belong! But truth of the matter is the justice system in the philippines can be bought. If you have plenty of money you can buy your freedon. This is one of the reason why all richs people never go to jail because of this.
Colonialist Malaysia

France

#25 Aug 21, 2012
Gloria kawatan wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest with you, I'm just talking shit. I really don't know Marcos, Very well I'am only 9 years old in 1972. When he declare martials laws; The only thing that I know off is what the elders saying about him. And for what I heard Marcos is a bad president.
But, Gloria Arroyo, I know very well I had relatives working for her and they depend each other. For what happen in the philippines when the elites kick the duly elected President Joseph Estrada, Is the filipino fault for letting Gloria Arroyo, Et al. Do whatever they want to do. This is one of the reason why the philippines went down the gutter. imbest na go for the better. The only reason Gloria Arroyo, Kick the duly elected President so that they're the one can rob the government coffer. As we all can see it. Truth is there for everyone to see but nobody looking at it. The only thing they're seing is the dollar's.....Money, They can rob...and fill it into their bank account. FOR WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE PHILIPPINES ITS THE FILIPINO PEOPLE FAULT. Because they're letting all the crooks get away with anything even murder. How I know this my relatives who is a murderer has been set free by Gloria Arroyo, Herself. Who this person? check it yourself. Because I'm not talking BS.
There is hope in the philippines if only all the crooks well be throw in jail where they belong! kaya lang only the poor people getting rotten in jail even though they're innocence. Because they can't afford to hire a lawyer to depend them. But, Richs crooks can buy their freedon. Just like Gloria Arroyo, Et al. How can you justify that.
The new Philippine President is cleaning up the mess left behind by Gloria MA. There are now transparency in government, freedom of information act, whistleblowers?, etc. GMS is going to pay for her crimes to the people.

Lawyers for the poor is something that the gov should work on. It's unfair that they don't have any representation and just be thrown to jail just like that.

The one you said who was set free must have owed something from her and (must have paid the offended party). You know GMA is a crook having cheated the elections, scandals, etc. so you know birds of the same feather flocks together.
Colonialist Malaysia

France

#26 Aug 21, 2012
Gloria kawatan wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest with you, I'm just talking shit. I really don't know Marcos, Very well I'am only 9 years old in 1972. When he declare martials laws; The only thing that I know off is what the elders saying about him. And for what I heard Marcos is a bad president.
But, Gloria Arroyo, I know very well I had relatives working for her and they depend each other. For what happen in the philippines when the elites kick the duly elected President Joseph Estrada, Is the filipino fault for letting Gloria Arroyo, Et al. Do whatever they want to do. This is one of the reason why the philippines went down the gutter. imbest na go for the better. The only reason Gloria Arroyo, Kick the duly elected President so that they're the one can rob the government coffer. As we all can see it. Truth is there for everyone to see but nobody looking at it. The only thing they're seing is the dollar's.....Money, They can rob...and fill it into their bank account. FOR WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE PHILIPPINES ITS THE FILIPINO PEOPLE FAULT. Because they're letting all the crooks get away with anything even murder. How I know this my relatives who is a murderer has been set free by Gloria Arroyo, Herself. Who this person? check it yourself. Because I'm not talking BS.
There is hope in the philippines if only all the crooks well be throw in jail where they belong! kaya lang only the poor people getting rotten in jail even though they're innocence. Because they can't afford to hire a lawyer to depend them. But, Richs crooks can buy their freedon. Just like Gloria Arroyo, Et al. How can you justify that.
The long arm of the law will get those who are not doing the right thing no matter where the criminal hides.

The check and balances are already in place for the Filipino people to implement.
Crooks rules the country

Victorville, CA

#27 Aug 21, 2012
Colonialist Malaysia wrote:
<quoted text>
The long arm of the law will get those who are not doing the right thing no matter where the criminal hides.
The check and balances are already in place for the Filipino people to implement.
Well, I hope you're right about this Amigo! Because as far as I know philippines never get out from under because crooks the one running the country, crooks never go to jail because they can buy their freedon. As far as I know there is solid evidence against Gloria Arroyo, But she never go to jail in fact Noynoy are pampering her. Is this rule of law; you're talking about? If it is,...then forget it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wanted textmate sexmate (Apr '14) 5 min gogogo 7,853
Why do Filipinos lie? (Mar '10) 6 min mario cy 384
inglesia ni christo administration hiding infor... 15 min swaussie 61
anybody here in manila,girls looking for lesbia... (Jul '13) 44 min raaaawr 12,657
Philippines poorer than Thai,Indo,Malaysia,even... (Nov '11) 1 hr I_am_belisarius 2,670
Iglesia ni Cristo is a scam (Mar '12) 2 hr Friend of Ame 7,745
one night stand 3 hr Darla 86
why i hate philippines and pinoy people!!!!! (Oct '12) 3 hr amc 4,330

Philippines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE