Filipino court orders Marine into custody

Feb 13, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MilitaryCity.com

The Philippine Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered a U.S. Marine convicted of rape to be moved from the American Embassy into Philippine custody, reopening an emotional case that has become a rallying point for ...

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2009
Very sad times

Baku, Azerbaijan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 13, 2009
 
While I have a lot of sympathy for "Nichole" or whatever name she uses now, or before. I know it is hard for a girl working in a bar, as a dancer, or a GRO, who is getting money sent to them from their "moneyko" abroad, and then getting abused by a drunk by throwing her out on the street, in public with her panties around her ankles. He probably for got to pay her a tip too, While dispicable as this is, is it worth 40 years of someones life?
But that is Philippine justice, and in this case vigalante justice if you can recall the trial was in the media and in the public, and not in the courtroom.
Life must go on, hopefully in the end everyone gets their just deserve.
Nonoy

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 14, 2009
 
yes, we like our laws that way... to discourage repeat offenders...
Nonoy

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 14, 2009
 
and it was nicole that was really lambasted in the media then... not smith... with innuendos like those you posted...

“Another Day In No. California”

Since: Nov 08

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 14, 2009
 
This is bullcrap. A waste of time and money for a bunch of glory seeking lawyers and judges seeking office for the next election.

Forget Smith. What about those other foreigners that rape filipinas, young girls and boys. Why doesn't Gabriella go after them. Is it because the victim was a houseboy? chimay? Or the accused a chinoy? a business investor?

Our laws are fine. Its the people that interpret and twist the words that are not.

Nicole is a rape victim. Period. She ain't the first nor will she be that last. Move on and work on the next batch of rapist and sexual offenders. Sheesh.
Nonoy

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 14, 2009
 
yeah... sure...
Not a decent woman

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 15, 2009
 
Very sad times wrote:
While I have a lot of sympathy for "Nichole" or whatever name she uses now, or before. I know it is hard for a girl working in a bar, as a dancer, or a GRO, who is getting money sent to them from their "moneyko" abroad, and then getting abused by a drunk by throwing her out on the street, in public with her panties around her ankles. He probably for got to pay her a tip too, While dispicable as this is, is it worth 40 years of someones life?
But that is Philippine justice, and in this case vigalante justice if you can recall the trial was in the media and in the public, and not in the courtroom.
Life must go on, hopefully in the end everyone gets their just deserve.
No decent woman would go to the club get drunk and go out with bunch of guys! Its her fault for lowering her underwear to get rape! Now, That she got what she want she cry rape! what an idiot. Nicole whatever her name was deserve what she is getting.
Monte

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 15, 2009
 
Somebodys looking to be greased here, thats how Philippines works.....someday, it might change, but not today...
Maniac Jr

Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 15, 2009
 
josteper wrote:
This is bullcrap. A waste of time and money for a bunch of glory seeking lawyers and judges seeking office for the next election.
Forget Smith. What about those other foreigners that rape filipinas, young girls and boys. Why doesn't Gabriella go after them. Is it because the victim was a houseboy? chimay? Or the accused a chinoy? a business investor?
Our laws are fine. Its the people that interpret and twist the words that are not.
Nicole is a rape victim. Period. She ain't the first nor will she be that last. Move on and work on the next batch of rapist and sexual offenders. Sheesh.
A month after Smith was convicted, a father in the Philippines was raping her daughter and only got 5 years in prison.
Drop it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 16, 2009
 
Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
A month after Smith was convicted, a father in the Philippines was raping her daughter and only got 5 years in prison.
Don't compare the filipino guy who is raping his own daughter because the corrupt philippines government can't get nothing from him. But the Philippines government can get plenty of money from U.S.GOV 'T. Yeah, They're going to jail Daniel Smith for 40 yrs. Just because Nicole drop her underwear to be rape. No decent woman goes to the club get drunk and go out with a drunk guy if she don't want to get rape.

To the U.S.GOV 'T. Bring home Daniel Smith. Cancel ties to the Philippines because the Philippines government using it to their advantage so that they can get more money.
Chris

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 17, 2009
 
Maniac Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
A month after Smith was convicted, a father in the Philippines was raping her daughter and only got 5 years in prison.
Rapes occur almost every day all over the Philippines. Most of them go unreported for various reasons, and only a tiny proportion of them ever reach the media.

The only reason the Subic case got so much publicity was because a foreigner was involved and some people got the smell of money in their noses. If this guy was a local Filipino tricycle driver none of us would ever have heard about it.
Monte

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 17, 2009
 
Thailand is the same way...also equally corrupt.
Walang bayag

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 17, 2009
 
Maniac Jr the Follower wrote:
Philippines is just garbage. Only an idiot would defend it's honor. how can you defend a country's honor when the people doesn't even have honor.
Honor, What honor are you talking about. They only honor money!
Dako belat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 17, 2009
 
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Rapes occur almost every day all over the Philippines. Most of them go unreported for various reasons, and only a tiny proportion of them ever reach the media.
The only reason the Subic case got so much publicity was because a foreigner was involved and some people got the smell of money in their noses. If this guy was a local Filipino tricycle driver none of us would ever have heard about it.
....Yes, Thats the only reason why Daniel Smith in the news because he is American, And the filipinos smell plenty of money. And as for Nicole shame on you! Its your fault for getting rape if you didn't drop your underwear that never happen. And you know it! I'm a woman I should know!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••