First Prev
of 50
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 16, 2010
I want to share stories with other people who have had bad experiences living in that overrated cesspool of a country. I lived there too long but I`m happy to say that I`ve finally moved out. And my life is much better now in every way since I burnt all my bridges with Norge. I`ll add many stories and reasons for my hatred for Norway in the weeks and months ahead.

Judged:

30

22

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3 Dec 17, 2010
My wife and daughter hated Norway as well. They too were severely depressed just by living there. The dark and heavy envirorment, the rude and arrogant people, the awkward language, the xenophobia, the high prices etc.

Judged:

26

19

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SawnDug

Luleň, Sweden

#4 Dec 17, 2010
You are rude and arrogant yourself, and xenophobic, and even racist (talking like that about their language).

So it seems rather hypocritical of you to be whining about that.

The prices are high because the standard of living is high. That goes without saying.

Your live must really suck.

Judged:

32

25

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SawnDug

Luleň, Sweden

#5 Dec 17, 2010
LOL. That was supposed to be YOUR LIFE.

Judged:

14

13

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6 Dec 17, 2010
SawnDug wrote:
LOL. That was supposed to be YOUR LIFE.
Yes my life did suck, in Norway. Not anymore. I make more money now and have better friends and we have a much more exciting social life as well. My kid is no longer subjected to rejection by other kids as she was in Norway because she is not 100% ethnic Norwegian. She goes to free elementary school now, free of cost including meals. Very good school, and she has good friends. Prices are much lower here too. Just aout everything has improved after we left Norway. I just can`t express strongly enough how much better our life is now. And both me and my wife are university graduates, I`m a nurse myself. Norway really was that bad, so bad that I would actually take time to write about it in forums such as this. My story must be told.

Judged:

26

10

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Toad

Wolverhampton, UK

#8 Mar 23, 2011
Ive lived in Norway 5 years and I`m glad I dont anymore.Way too expensive,Very dull people unless they are drunk,also they have no manners .I believe a fitting statement is you live in Norway but you dont have a life there.

Judged:

34

15

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Erik

Nordfjordeid, Norway

#9 Mar 23, 2011
Toad wrote:
Ive lived in Norway 5 years and I`m glad I dont anymore.Way too expensive,Very dull people unless they are drunk,also they have no manners .I believe a fitting statement is you live in Norway but you dont have a life there.
Amen
no-no

Stabekk, Norway

#10 Mar 24, 2011
and what is your new adopting country now?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Mar 24, 2011
I love this thread.
Casey

Straume, Norway

#12 Mar 25, 2011
So you move to a new country... Of course it's difficult, not understanding the language.
Norway is, however, the non-English-speaking country in the world where people speak English the best. It is also, four or five years in a row, rated the best country to live in.

To say that Norwegians are rude, is the same as saying that every rose is red. I come from the countryside, and people meet up and greet new members of the village welcome no matter who they are. We always stop and say hello when we meet in the street. We have open barbecues and arrange sports events.

If you live in the city things aren't that easy. How many people greet you on the street in New York? Well, except the homeless people and the fraudsters...

Judged:

25

20

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Erik

Nordfjordeid, Norway

#13 Mar 25, 2011
Casey wrote:
So you move to a new country... Of course it's difficult, not understanding the language.
Norway is, however, the non-English-speaking country in the world where people speak English the best. It is also, four or five years in a row, rated the best country to live in.
To say that Norwegians are rude, is the same as saying that every rose is red. I come from the countryside, and people meet up and greet new members of the village welcome no matter who they are. We always stop and say hello when we meet in the street. We have open barbecues and arrange sports events.
If you live in the city things aren't that easy. How many people greet you on the street in New York? Well, except the homeless people and the fraudsters...
This is very interesting and now I`m really dying to hear what happened further after you woke up.....?

Judged:

15

15

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Toad

Wolverhampton, UK

#14 Mar 25, 2011
Casey wrote:
So you move to a new country... Of course it's difficult, not understanding the language.
Norway is, however, the non-English-speaking country in the world where people speak English the best. It is also, four or five years in a row, rated the best country to live in.
To say that Norwegians are rude, is the same as saying that every rose is red. I come from the countryside, and people meet up and greet new members of the village welcome no matter who they are. We always stop and say hello when we meet in the street. We have open barbecues and arrange sports events.
If you live in the city things aren't that easy. How many people greet you on the street in New York? Well, except the homeless people and the fraudsters...
You are dreaming of course.The hilly billy rednecks in the country can only manage a grunt if you are lucky never mind speak Norwegian and you can forget about English unless you see them drunk.

Has for being voted best place to live thats by people who have never lived there.

Open your eyes and ears and go and explorer further than the nearest tunnel or fjord ferry and you will see how normal people interact ewith each other.

Norwegians look down on there own people for trying to live cheaper by shopping in sweden and call them Harry ....

Norwegians just pay high prices because they are brianwashed into thinking its the best .

Judged:

35

20

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Casey

Straume, Norway

#15 Mar 25, 2011
Been dreaming that dream for 31 years. I do not plan to wake up to your sorry ass world.

Judged:

15

14

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Erik

Nordfjordeid, Norway

#16 Mar 25, 2011
Casey wrote:
Been dreaming that dream for 31 years. I do not plan to wake up to your sorry ass world.
I feel sorry for you, ass kisser!
Erik

Nordfjordeid, Norway

#17 Mar 25, 2011
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dreaming of course.The hilly billy rednecks in the country can only manage a grunt if you are lucky never mind speak Norwegian and you can forget about English unless you see them drunk.
Has for being voted best place to live thats by people who have never lived there.
Open your eyes and ears and go and explorer further than the nearest tunnel or fjord ferry and you will see how normal people interact ewith each other.
Norwegians look down on there own people for trying to live cheaper by shopping in sweden and call them Harry ....
Norwegians just pay high prices because they are brianwashed into thinking its the best .
Looks like what we have here is 2 opposite people:

1) one person who has a realistic and truthful impression of norway (Toad). thanks, your words warm my heart and brighten my day. without words such as yours i`d surely begin slowly to feel like i am the only one who is nuts around here.

or

one who must be living in another country other than norway but somehow is under the impression that he/she actually lives in norway (Casey)
Casey

Straume, Norway

#18 Mar 25, 2011
3. Envious people like yourself
Toad

Wolverhampton, UK

#19 Mar 26, 2011
Ok casey what village are you from ?when I next go to Norway to visit family I will come to your town to find out for myself if what you say is true.As where Ive lived on the western side of Norway it was very unwelcoming to none Norwegians.

Judged:

18

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Erik

Nordfjordeid, Norway

#20 Mar 26, 2011
Casey wrote:
3. Envious people like yourself
so i lived many years in norway and was miserable there. i moved out and am now very happy. exactly in what way do you consider me envious? i`m in norway now only for a short time, thank goodness!!!!
Casey

Straume, Norway

#21 Mar 26, 2011
Erik: I know... Thank goodness!
OhMyGod you are hilarious

Kongsberg, Norway

#22 Apr 2, 2011
I find it funny, that most of the complainers live in Norway. I live in Norway, and I'm happy here. We've got no terrorist bombing here, no extreme nature distasters, and I live a good life. Saying that ALL Norwegians are rude, oh God you sure are funny. Did you expect everyone in the world to be like Jesus? I hope not. It's pretty racist indeed, to blame all Norwegians to be rude and unpolite. Most Norwegians know english pretty damn well, but hey, if you don't like Norway, don't move here.:)

Judged:

30

22

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 50
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Norway boring? (Jun '08) Tue romeo 3,283
I need a girl friend in Norway.... i leave Norw... (Apr '12) Tue chief 64
Snapchat Girls only Dec 14 Jannicke76 1
Need Sex Partner (Aug '11) Dec 13 rihan 87
What Norweginiens think about Indians & India Dec 13 Snowman 100
Church: Norway bishop resigned in '09 over abuse (Apr '10) Dec 13 VeganTiger 6
Gay Palestinian finds asylum, builds new life i... Dec 13 VeganTiger 13
More from around the web