French riot police arrive in Caribbean territory amid unrest ov...

Full story: Newsday

French riot police landed in the Caribbean territory of Martinique on Thursday to keep the peace as unrest over the high cost of living escalated and a strike kept shops and some schools shuttered.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Idaho Kid

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 12, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Send a couple three French warships down there. impose an embargo, cut everything off, let them starve. see how the commie labor unions fare then
Apollo

Altamont, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 12, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

1

The Idaho Kid wrote:
Send a couple three French warships down there. impose an embargo, cut everything off, let them starve. see how the commie labor unions fare then
What do you really think should be the appropiate response? Have you ever been to the French Carribean? Probably not. You are a proud redneck who hasn't ventured more than 50 miles from your inbred family.
Mt Pelee

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 12, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Send Obozo there for a little OJT. Wait till he sees how Euro-Socialists deal with complaints.

Wade in there and "community organize" 'em, Bozo. Then file lawsuits against the police!
Captain A

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 12, 2009
 

Judged:

4

4

3

The Racist French are oppressing the Black Island population. Stop the Nazi tactics France. If they were white you wouldn't dare do this. I think that the world needs to "Divest " France just like what happend in south Africa. Untill the French treat Minority peoples and people of color around the world with dignity they need to be punished by hurting their pocket book. Use America as your guide France we have just elected the first black man to lead our country and the world love us for our action of diversity. Stop the French apartheid and force them to move into the new world order of tolerance and racial acceptance.
Jazz singer

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Captain A wrote:
The Racist French are oppressing the Black Island population. Stop the Nazi tactics France. If they were white you wouldn't dare do this. I think that the world needs to "Divest " France just like what happend in south Africa. Untill the French treat Minority peoples and people of color around the world with dignity they need to be punished by hurting their pocket book. Use America as your guide France we have just elected the first black man to lead our country and the world love us for our action of diversity. Stop the French apartheid and force them to move into the new world order of tolerance and racial acceptance.
A racist like you making small talks about French racism!!
You are a joke, mister!!

In all your posts you have been slagging off blacks in your country, and despising your newly-elected black president, and now you want to stand as referee in racial matters and criticise France?

You are a joke!!
Captain A

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 13, 2009
 
Jazz singer wrote:
<quoted text>
A racist like you making small talks about French racism!!
You are a joke, mister!!
In all your posts you have been slagging off blacks in your country, and despising your newly-elected black president, and now you want to stand as referee in racial matters and criticise France?
You are a joke!!
You should Stop your HATE speech Jazz singer, the world now needs to move on over people like you and your personal problems with people that see past race and racism. you offer no answers just criticism and the rest of us have moved on. try and keep your knuckles from dragging on the ground caveman.
Veracity

West New York, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unfortunately for those idiots down there they're only cutting their own throat. By rioting they will keep all of the tourists away, drying up their only source of income. Then they will see what hardship is really like.
Jazz singer

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 13, 2009
 
Veracity wrote:
they will keep all of the tourists away, drying up their only source of income.
Martinique a tourist hotspot, eh?

Have you ever been there to make such a statement?
Ca mu na t Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 13, 2009
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Veracity wrote:
Unfortunately for those idiots down there they're only cutting their own throat. By rioting they will keep all of the tourists away, drying up their only source of income. Then they will see what hardship is really like.
If they try really hard they may be able to turn the Island into another Haiti.
frencharepussies

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 13, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Have the French Riot police surrendered yet?
Fiddle Sticks

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 13, 2009
 
Veracity wrote:
Unfortunately for those idiots down there they're only cutting their own throat. By rioting they will keep all of the tourists away, drying up their only source of income. Then they will see what hardship is really like.
Actually, Martinique is treated by the French very generously. Civil servants - inlcuding garbage collectors, street-cleaners, etc, on the island get paid a Paris equivalent income {and everyone knows how expensive it is to live in Paris}. It's one of their [France's] showcase territories and - having been there, I can tell you it's a lovely island {beautiful beaches, a rain-forest/lush hills, etc, etc}. Of course, since there are no direct flights from places like Chicago - it's not exactly easy to get to from the States, but, there are flights from Europe. Though tourism is a significant source of local revenue, government subsidies and infrastructure expenditures make up a considerable amount of annual budgets on the island. The island boasts one of Club-Med's first 'villages' and there's plenty of monies brought into the island by cruise ships, the yatching-trade and agriculture.
Know something about that of which you opine before you ramble - please.
Majority Rules

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Jazz singer wrote:
<quoted text>
Martinique a tourist hotspot, eh?
Have you ever been there to make such a statement?
Yes, I HAVE been there and - yes, it IS a major tourist destination, but, not for Americans. Europeans flock there. With limited air-service from the US and with few Americans speaking French, it's not on America's 'hot spot' list, but - it IS on the rest of the civilized world's list of Caribbean 'hot-spots.' You know {well, it would appear that you don't}, Americans only represent about 10% of the world's population.
1catlover

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 13, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The French have police?!
What are they armed with...beignets?
Jazz singer

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Majority Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I HAVE been there and - yes, it IS a major tourist destination, but, not for Americans. Europeans flock there. With limited air-service from the US and with few Americans speaking French, it's not on America's 'hot spot' list, but - it IS on the rest of the civilized world's list of Caribbean 'hot-spots.' You know {well, it would appear that you don't}, Americans only represent about 10% of the world's population.
Caribbean 'hot-spots that are known in UK include Jamaica, Trinidad, Grenada, Bermuda, Bahamas, Dominican Republic and Cuba, among others.

I have never heard of a trip to Martinique being adverstised in UK, alright?
Martinique and Guadeloupe strike me as being poor countries. Why? Well, most of the French black population comes from there, and comes to take menial jobs in France.

Well, anyway, it isn't on the America's 'hot spot' list, maybe because your government limits your freedom and don't allow you to travel there? Like for Cuba ? LOL
Pompano Fred

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 13, 2009
 
I am decimated to hear of trouble in Martinique. And fascinated to imagine that someone would think that the French riot police have access to something called "beignets"....in Paris at my little hotel, no such animal is on le menu. Only some inexpressibly good chocolat chaud and wonderfully buttery croissants.
Pit Bull owner

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Idaho Kid wrote:
Send a couple three French warships down there. impose an embargo, cut everything off, let them starve. see how the commie labor unions fare then
you're kidding right ?
this is the French Navy
they are going to serve Wine and Cheese and thank the Liberators
just a test

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 13, 2009
 
What color was censored?

white
black
yellow
green
Captain A wrote:
The Racist French are oppressing **** population. Stop the Nazi tactics France. If they were white you wouldn't dare do this. I think that the world needs to "Divest " France just like what happend in south Africa. Untill the French treat Minority peoples and people of color around the world with dignity they need to be punished by hurting their pocket book. Use America as your guide France we have just elected the first black man to lead our country and the world love us for our action of diversity. Stop the French apartheid and force them to move into the new world order of tolerance and racial acceptance.
just a test

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 13, 2009
 
blacks

“Et ades sera l'alba”

Since: Dec 06

Royan, France/Lawrence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 15, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pit Bull owner wrote:
<quoted text>
you're kidding right ?
this is the French Navy
they are going to serve Wine and Cheese and thank the Liberators
If you don't have something to say that is even remotely intelligent, why even bother opening your mouth?
liberia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 15, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

the blacks in the carribean are proof of the theory of (the lack of) Evolution.

Put whites or asians in-

the coldest harshest climates, with few natural resources, and little to work with, and in a short time, they are disassembling the human genome, creating medical breakthroughs, building technology, transportation, plentiful food resources...

Put black african derived populations on-
a LUSH, tropical paradise with food literally hanging off of all the tree branches for the picking, sunny, oceanside climate that seldom goes under 70 degrees, all you could ever need and then some to have a successful culture,
and the african will ruin it all in short order and need outside held to stop it from exterminating its own kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Martinique Discussions

Search the Martinique Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Miss Earth 2013 Hot Picks: Miss Chile, Natalia ... Nov '13 georgina 1
Will be teacher in Martinique-cheaper to fly to... (Aug '07) Jul '13 dvrdesign_355 5
7.3 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Caribbean (Nov '07) Jun '13 kifgurdle 87
After sundown April 5th (Jun '13) Jun '13 kifgurdle 1
Do you know God's name? (Feb '13) Jun '13 kifgurdle 3
M 4.1, Martinique region, Windward Islands (Feb '12) Jan '13 ISLAND 2
frank (Apr '07) Jun '11 HaHa 4
•••
•••
•••
•••