Comments
1 - 20 of 67 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Yes this substance generates billions to the economies around the world and gives jobs to the needy. But on the other side its the single biggest driver of many of human miseries of all times. to jst name a few.

- HIV aids
- Infidelity
- Road accidents
I ask why in the apartheid era black people where given permission to only acquire a limited stock of alcohol??? How many families have broken down as a direct result of alcohol, how many people contacted HIV because they indulged in unprotected sex while drunk?

Can man survive without alcohol???

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 11, 2013
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
Yes this substance generates billions to the economies around the world and gives jobs to the needy. But on the other side its the single biggest driver of many of human miseries of all times. to jst name a few.
- HIV aids
- Infidelity
- Road accidents
I ask why in the apartheid era black people where given permission to only acquire a limited stock of alcohol??? How many families have broken down as a direct result of alcohol, how many people contacted HIV because they indulged in unprotected sex while drunk?
Can man survive without alcohol???
These miseries tseo o buang ka tsona re a iketsetsa. There are people who drink alcohol but ba e nwela ka mpeng eseng ka hlohong. Tsena tsohle tseo o nang le concern ya tsona ke nahana di bakwa ke abuse ya alcohol.

“tym is always rite 2 do rite”

Since: May 10

Mangaung

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Well put Shoe2, coming back 2 dat issue ya hore naa reka phela ntle le yona Kata I believe we can. Families do break up le ntle le alcohol so blaming alcohol 4 it is totally wrong. Ke tseba many ppl ba nwang but dey still carry demselves with da utmost respect.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Ok, I want to agree with you, but I find it very difficult. Let me quote from my expirience. I would not want to look very far and talk about people that I see from a distance, so I will use my own family for example.
1. My uncle who drinks like a fish is now an addict and he lost a chance to become a school principal because of alcohol.
2. My cousin's girlfriend cheated on him because she attended a year function party had a drink and ended up slipping away that way.
3. My cousin who is a tenderpreneur blew away R5 million and I can attribute it to stupid expenditures which i directly relate to alcohol. He was bragging that he doesnt drink under age he only drinks 21 yrs and older.
And what amazes me is all of them dont admit that alcohol had an influence in this.

“ngwana theka le lesesanyane”

Since: Feb 11

QWAQWA BY DAY PHUTHAS BY NIGHT

#5 Feb 12, 2013
tjo well said ,lenna ke dumellana lewena Shoeshoe haore hamotho anwella kampeng aka seetse diphoso

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 12, 2013
By your own assumption, how many people in percentage terms "ba nwela ka mpeng""? What percetage???
Bhizcom

Pretoria, South Africa

#7 Feb 12, 2013
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
Ok, I want to agree with you, but I find it very difficult. Let me quote from my expirience. I would not want to look very far and talk about people that I see from a distance, so I will use my own family for example.
1. My uncle who drinks like a fish is now an addict and he lost a chance to become a school principal because of alcohol.
2. My cousin's girlfriend cheated on him because she attended a year function party had a drink and ended up slipping away that way.
3. My cousin who is a tenderpreneur blew away R5 million and I can attribute it to stupid expenditures which i directly relate to alcohol. He was bragging that he doesnt drink under age he only drinks 21 yrs and older.
And what amazes me is all of them dont admit that alcohol had an influence in this.
So, your problem is that they must admit? Were you there and measured their drukness when they made decisions?

Hobane feela ha o sonwe o se o iketsa tsebanyane!!! O a hlola.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 12, 2013
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
Ok, I want to agree with you, but I find it very difficult. Let me quote from my expirience. I would not want to look very far and talk about people that I see from a distance, so I will use my own family for example.
1. My uncle who drinks like a fish is now an addict and he lost a chance to become a school principal because of alcohol.
2. My cousin's girlfriend cheated on him because she attended a year function party had a drink and ended up slipping away that way.
3. My cousin who is a tenderpreneur blew away R5 million and I can attribute it to stupid expenditures which i directly relate to alcohol. He was bragging that he doesnt drink under age he only drinks 21 yrs and older.
And what amazes me is all of them dont admit that alcohol had an influence in this.
I agree with you KT. Alcohol make people do what they won't normally do when they are sober. I hear what Shoeshoe is saying but truth is that alcohol is a drug and can become addictive. People should be responsible for their action however, we cannot run away from the fact that alcohol also plays a big role in destroying lives once taken over the limit. Why do drivers have a limit of how many glasses they should take if they are going to drive?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Feb 12, 2013
Bhizcom wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your problem is that they must admit? Were you there and measured their drukness when they made decisions?
Hobane feela ha o sonwe o se o iketsa tsebanyane!!! O a hlola.
Lets respect each other.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10 Feb 12, 2013
@Sash,

I still need to meet a person who says alcohol doesnt affect their functionality in any manner, I assume when people say "" Ba bo nwela ka mpeng"" they actually mean it doesnt affect their mental capacity in any manner"".or am I wrong??

“ngwana theka le lesesanyane”

Since: Feb 11

QWAQWA BY DAY PHUTHAS BY NIGHT

#11 Feb 12, 2013
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
@Sash,
I still need to meet a person who says alcohol doesnt affect their functionality in any manner, I assume when people say "" Ba bo nwela ka mpeng"" they actually mean it doesnt affect their mental capacity in any manner"".or am I wrong??
kenahana maybe rona rebuella horona nna to be honest hake hopole bo nlaela hakeqeta hobonwa and hake hopole keetsa diphoso tseo keitsholang kamorao .empa he i have seen other people in action jerrr

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#12 Feb 12, 2013
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
@Sash,
I still need to meet a person who says alcohol doesnt affect their functionality in any manner, I assume when people say "" Ba bo nwela ka mpeng"" they actually mean it doesnt affect their mental capacity in any manner"".or am I wrong??
I think they assume you are generalising. However, the miss your point that alcohol is not good for people who cannot handle it. We agree that some people can handle alcohol but can the others live without drinking?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13 Feb 12, 2013
"They miss your point".

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 12, 2013
matsutsupa wrote:
<quoted text>
kenahana maybe rona rebuella horona nna to be honest hake hopole bo nlaela hakeqeta hobonwa and hake hopole keetsa diphoso tseo keitsholang kamorao .empa he i have seen other people in action jerrr
You are a champ in your own right and I think that You posses a rare talent which you can use to make money and to save the world. A lot of us dont want to admit to our shortfall and play big shots, but the reality is we fall victim to alcohol.

“tym is always rite 2 do rite”

Since: May 10

Mangaung

#15 Feb 12, 2013
@Kata Tsutsu is not da only 1 ya kgonang ho handler alcohol, there r many who can. Ke phela le batho ba bangata ba nwang jwala nd its very rare ho fumana ba etsa ntho tse sa lokang. U make it sound lyk batho ba nwang ke bona feela who sleep arnd, 4 ur info even sober minded ppl do @ offices where dey work dipalangweng moo ba kopanang le batho ba bang. Hore alcohol e etsa hore motho a etse diphoso kea hana,

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 12, 2013
GOLET wrote:
@Kata Tsutsu is not da only 1 ya kgonang ho handler alcohol, there r many who can. Ke phela le batho ba bangata ba nwang jwala nd its very rare ho fumana ba etsa ntho tse sa lokang. U make it sound lyk batho ba nwang ke bona feela who sleep arnd, 4 ur info even sober minded ppl do @ offices where dey work dipalangweng moo ba kopanang le batho ba bang. Hore alcohol e etsa hore motho a etse diphoso kea hana,
Achee le nna ke a hana. Motho abuses alcohol not the other way round. Let us blame the abuser here not the abused hobane alcohol ha e na molomo le kelello.

“Walk in ur integrity than ”

Since: Jan 12

being crooked in speech.

#17 Feb 12, 2013
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
Yes this substance generates billions to the economies around the world and gives jobs to the needy. But on the other side its the single biggest driver of many of human miseries of all times. to jst name a few.
- HIV aids
- Infidelity
- Road accidents
I ask why in the apartheid era black people where given permission to only acquire a limited stock of alcohol??? How many families have broken down as a direct result of alcohol, how many people contacted HIV because they indulged in unprotected sex while drunk?
Can man survive without alcohol???
Everyone can survive without it my boeta.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#18 Feb 12, 2013
GOLET wrote:
@Kata Tsutsu is not da only 1 ya kgonang ho handler alcohol, there r many who can. Ke phela le batho ba bangata ba nwang jwala nd its very rare ho fumana ba etsa ntho tse sa lokang. U make it sound lyk batho ba nwang ke bona feela who sleep arnd, 4 ur info even sober minded ppl do @ offices where dey work dipalangweng moo ba kopanang le batho ba bang. Hore alcohol e etsa hore motho a etse diphoso kea hana,
Golet,
listen to your statements when you say ""nd its very rare ho fumana ba etsa ntho tse sa lokang..."" and that is exactly my point to say those rare moments could be life threatning to put it bluntly.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#19 Feb 12, 2013
And Golet, we are talking about Alcohol, so lets leave out other influencers and talk strictly about alcohol.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#20 Feb 12, 2013
katelakapeleolekamorago wrote:
And Golet, we are talking about Alcohol, so lets leave out other influencers and talk strictly about alcohol.
Nna ke bleima motho not alcohol still. Motho o mong le o mong should have di limits ka ntho efe kapa efe. Be it gambling, be it eating jwalojwalo...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lesotho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Wants To Join Me In a Fight Against Satanism? 55 min Sash_ 335
Ga ke kgotsofale (Feb '13) 1 hr pussyeater 68
Ha hophoso ha O kota kgaitsedi ya hao .ke kota ... 1 hr Shoe-shoe 3
Sash le CF nthuseng mehaeso.... 2 hr Sash_ 130
taba tsa morao morao hae lesotho 2 hr Lengau 97
Nywana yaka ya loma e batla ho kotwa ke koma e ... (Oct '11) 2 hr Ke rata punani 828
Mmantsoaki no:7 khilik phafa e kaalo. (Feb '14) 2 hr Hae tlale terene 1,164
A nkota monna (Jul '11) 2 hr thaps 1,012
Go nyobana in secret (Nov '10) 2 hr Mr Cee 6,586
lifela tsa sione (Jul '10) 3 hr ONKABETSE MADUME 1,493
izindaba zokubhebhana (Oct '11) Thu Bans 2,048
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Lesotho People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••