Eritrea is not Kenya's enemy, says envoy

Nov 13, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: In-depth Africa

Eritrea has no interest in weakening Kenya or harming its soldiers by supplying weapons to the al Qaeda-linked rebels Kenya is fighting in neighbouring Somalia, Eritrea's envoy to Nairobi said on Saturday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Aug 26, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Contrarian

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 13, 2011
 

Judged:

10

9

8

Kenya is being pressured to isolate Eritrea, just like Uganda, Gabon, and Nigeria. How do you ask? These countries receive foreign aid from wealthy Western nations, especially the U.S. Obviously, if they refused their foreign aid would be cut. Furthermore, Ethiopia is fabricating intelligence in order to undermine Eritrea. Eritrea does not receive the amount of foreign aid that the other African countries previously mentioned received.
Truth

Sterling, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 14, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Contrarian wrote:
Kenya is being pressured to isolate Eritrea, just like Uganda, Gabon, and Nigeria. How do you ask? These countries receive foreign aid from wealthy Western nations, especially the U.S. Obviously, if they refused their foreign aid would be cut. Furthermore, Ethiopia is fabricating intelligence in order to undermine Eritrea. Eritrea does not receive the amount of foreign aid that the other African countries previously mentioned received.
Well said. Needless to say that the accusation is falsified to create some kind of fake proof to the Ethiopian led Sanctions Against Eritrea.

I am not so sure how much smart and honest the Kenyans are, but time will tell if the Kenyan leaders are corrupted or stand for the right of their people and their own dignity. Time will tell.
AnSeBa

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 15, 2011
 

Judged:

6

5

4

lo Kenye will Bombard Ya Skinny Homoseni Azz sooon. OR Stop Supportin Al Shebab Terrorist Qondaf Banda)
Contrarian

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

AnSeBa wrote:
lo Kenye will Bombard Ya Skinny Homoseni Azz sooon. OR Stop Supportin Al Shebab Terrorist Qondaf Banda)
There is no evidence for this claim, just hearsay. This are the same people that said Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" and that it was necessary to invade Iraq to fight "terrorism". Don't believe everything you hear from politicians.
hmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Down with Kenya.....
Contrarian

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

In any case, let's all hope for peace.
AMORA

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 16, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Contrarian wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for this claim, just hearsay. This are the same people that said Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" and that it was necessary to invade Iraq to fight "terrorism". Don't believe everything you hear from politicians.
i saw The Kenyan Leaders Talkin against Eritrea here in awate.com and in http://www.Ji mmaTimes/
Kalenjin Warrior

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 16, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tis funny this Alshabaab has never threatened to attack Ethiopia.Zenawi may be behind this.Maybe its coz we accept eritreans with open arms.. and Ethiopian we deport everyday. ps:no offence to anyone. just what happens.
Kalenjin Warrior

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Contrarian wrote:
Kenya is being pressured to isolate Eritrea, just like Uganda, Gabon, and Nigeria. How do you ask? These countries receive foreign aid from wealthy Western nations, especially the U.S. Obviously, if they refused their foreign aid would be cut. Furthermore, Ethiopia is fabricating intelligence in order to undermine Eritrea. Eritrea does not receive the amount of foreign aid that the other African countries previously mentioned received.
only 20% of kenyan budget is aid
Contrarian

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 17, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Kalenjin Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
only 20% of kenyan budget is aid
Thanks for info! Kenya went into Somalia because of concern that al-Shabab had kidnapped Western tourists. Tourism is very important to the Kenyan economy.However, I believe the claim that Kenya is making against Eritrea is a complete fabrication. Keep in mind, there are French and U.S. troops stationed in Djibouti. Not to mention, drones are being flown out of Ethiopia. Surely, if Eritrea was arming al-Shabab militants, wouldn't we see evidence from BOTH the French and the Americans? Why are only Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Gabon, Nigeria, U.S. etc making these accusations? Gabon is not even in the Horn of Africa. Gabon is not being destabilized by Somalia.
Kalenjin Warrior

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 19, 2011
 
@Contrarian tis not just a mere claim.two planes were sighted ferrying arms.I don't know what criteria was used to determine theyre Eritrean. but indeed the planes were seen by both army personell and residents.
Lisa

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 19, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Contrarian wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for info! Kenya went into Somalia because of concern that al-Shabab had kidnapped Western tourists. Tourism is very important to the Kenyan economy.However, I believe the claim that Kenya is making against Eritrea is a complete fabrication. Keep in mind, there are French and U.S. troops stationed in Djibouti. Not to mention, drones are being flown out of Ethiopia. Surely, if Eritrea was arming al-Shabab militants, wouldn't we see evidence from BOTH the French and the Americans? Why are only Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Gabon, Nigeria, U.S. etc making these accusations? Gabon is not even in the Horn of Africa. Gabon is not being destabilized by Somalia.
Isn't it better to ask yourself why Eritrea is hated by all except some dictator states like Iran and Saudi Arabia? The problem in Eritrea are people like you who support this evil gangsters and give them a life line to continue their murders on poor Eritrean souls. Do you realy belive that all African countries are wrong and only thiny Eritrea is right at the UN? I hope they pass sanctions on Eritrea to show to the authorities that the fate of their leader will end up like that of Gadafi rather than that of Moubarak or Mengistu. Shabia and Alshebab will be defeated by collective action of African states. It is a matter of time, they will be thrown out in to the dust bin of history and Africans will be thought at schools about their horendous killings as Cambodians are learning about their Kamer Rouge crimes.
buLa

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lol, u think Libya n Egypt r better off w/o gadafi n Mubarak? Nothing has changed for the people there, in fact things have gotten 100x worse. Now ferenji can pillage and rape these 2 countries of their resources with no opposition, just like they have done in Ethiopia for long time
ALi

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

buLa wrote:
Lol, u think Libya n Egypt r better off w/o gadafi n Mubarak? Nothing has changed for the people there, in fact things have gotten 100x worse. Now ferenji can pillage and rape these 2 countries of their resources with no opposition, just like they have done in Ethiopia for long time
Stfu Homosen Nikkah U like it or Not sooon Very Sooon Yo King 4-Life DIA will be Next after AlShibab take ma Word looser Homosen.)
Contrarian

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 19, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it better to ask yourself why Eritrea is hated by all except some dictator states like Iran and Saudi Arabia? The problem in Eritrea are people like you who support this evil gangsters and give them a life line to continue their murders on poor Eritrean souls. Do you realy belive that all African countries are wrong and only thiny Eritrea is right at the UN? I hope they pass sanctions on Eritrea to show to the authorities that the fate of their leader will end up like that of Gadafi rather than that of Moubarak or Mengistu. Shabia and Alshebab will be defeated by collective action of African states. It is a matter of time, they will be thrown out in to the dust bin of history and Africans will be thought at schools about their horendous killings as Cambodians are learning about their Kamer Rouge crimes.
I disagree. "Human rights", "democracy", and "stability" are buzzwords to get support at the U.N. for votes on sanctions. The true words that should be used to understand global geopolitics is "resources" and "domination". On many indicators, Eritrea is doing better than their neighbors. Eritrea pursued a vigorous campaign against malaria, life expectancy has risen, literacy rates has risen, schools are being built across the country, infrastructure is being built. Eritrea has opened up new trade alliances. Eritrea has begun mineral exploration. In fact, the Economist magazine, named Eritrea one of the fastest growing economies in the world for 2011 or 2012, with a 17% growth rate.Indeed, if though Eritrea is a young nation, it is doing better than the majority of the older African "democracies".
Indeed, since Eritrea has been doing so well, by using the notion of self-sufficiency, powerful interests want to destroy it. Eritrea represents the threat of a "good example". If other African countries pursued the idea of self-sufficiency, it would limit the Western world's access to African resources. Don't believe for a minute that the Western world wants stability in Africa. It doesn't. It wants cheap or free natural resources from the continent of Africa. The West doesn't want to pay market prices for African resources. Hence, chaos in Africa is in the best interests of the West. Those African countries that pushing for sanctions against Eritrea, are puppets of Western interests.
Lisa

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 19, 2011
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Oh! Contrarian, you are writing as if the whole world is conspiring against Eritreans. The truth is nobody cares till Eritrea became a nuisance and started trouble against ALL of its neighbours. If it was only self sufficiency and self reliance I tell you nobody would have said a word against it. But when it ally itself with Iran and condemn the whole western world then the world will give back an answer to it. Why is it Eritrea has no friends in Africa except some in the North? Is it because they are in the yoke of neo colonialst realms? Give me a brake, some of this countries are more self reliant than Eritrea ever would be. Infact Eritrea is the new colony of the muslim world. I have heard Christians are persecuted there while muslims have taken over of this once Christian country. On the other hand Eritrean neighbors like Ethiopia preffers to be friends with the west than those evil Arabs and Iranians whose help is the main income of Eritrea appart of its mafia extortion money of 10% of its diaspora.

Resources? What has Eritrea except Gold? It is a moonscaped country where nothing grows. This is a country where nearly all of its youth is running away from and die in the sinai desert while the supporters of the regiem are dancing with their keberos in the streets of Asmara. Wake up my friend and smell the coffee! If it is Ethiopian much more the better.
Haben

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 19, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

1 million people live in the streets of Addis Ababa (video)

This documentary highlights the abject poverty in Ethiopia’s capital where over 1 million people are homeless and tens of thousands of children survive on trash dump while the khat-addicted dictator spends hundreds of millions of dollars to buy military hardware.

http://www.ethiopianreview.com/content/35072
Contrarian

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 19, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Lisa wrote:
Oh! Contrarian, you are writing as if the whole world is conspiring against Eritreans. The truth is nobody cares till Eritrea became a nuisance and started trouble against ALL of its neighbours. If it was only self sufficiency and self reliance I tell you nobody would have said a word against it. But when it ally itself with Iran and condemn the whole western world then the world will give back an answer to it. Why is it Eritrea has no friends in Africa except some in the North? Is it because they are in the yoke of neo colonialst realms? Give me a brake, some of this countries are more self reliant than Eritrea ever would be. Infact Eritrea is the new colony of the muslim world. I have heard Christians are persecuted there while muslims have taken over of this once Christian country. On the other hand Eritrean neighbors like Ethiopia preffers to be friends with the west than those evil Arabs and Iranians whose help is the main income of Eritrea appart of its mafia extortion money of 10% of its diaspora.
Resources? What has Eritrea except Gold? It is a moonscaped country where nothing grows. This is a country where nearly all of its youth is running away from and die in the sinai desert while the supporters of the regiem are dancing with their keberos in the streets of Asmara. Wake up my friend and smell the coffee! If it is Ethiopian much more the better.
Ethiopia is in violation of international law for not abiding by the U.N. boundary commission. It is ironic that Ethiopia wants to use the U.N. to punish Eritrea, yet is unwilling to live by a ruling by the very same United Nations.
The argument that people are fleeing Eritrea is a weak argument. Here's why. People fled Iraq and Afghanistan. In fact, according to U.N. statistics, there are more people fleeing Iraq and Afghanistan than Eritrea. How could that be? Aren't these emerging democracies? In Africa, Nigeria sends more refugees abroad to Europe and the U.S. than Eritrea. How can this be? Isn't Nigeria a democratic country? Isn't Nigeria an oil producing nation? Are people not fleeing developing countries at all? Why are so many Ethiopians emigrating to the U.S. Europe, etc? Isn't Ethiopia a "beacon" of freedom in Horn of Africa? The point is, people will always move to places that they can have a better life, regardless of their nationality.

Since: May 11

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 19, 2011
 
any nation(s) wanting cheap gasoline is going to focus on tribal differences within kenya, recently Kenya was reinstated as part of UN human rights council, will u.s. citizens and organizations be labeled "terrorists"?

WAR ON TERROR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 19, 2011
 
Haben wrote:
1 million people live in the streets of Addis Ababa (video)
This documentary highlights the abject poverty in Ethiopia’s capital where over 1 million people are homeless and tens of thousands of children survive on trash dump while the khat-addicted dictator spends hundreds of millions of dollars to buy military hardware.
http://www.ethiopianreview.com/content/35072
And your point? Do Journalist allowed to record the scale of your Eritrea's poverty in Assmera? Or you jut blindly believe you are an African Singapore?

At least Ethiopians know what is going on in the country, but you?????? nada

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Kenya Forum right now

Search the Kenya Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
whatsapp messenger members (Jul '13) 15 min steivo 84
So much in the mood, any chics in Uthiru, 87 or... 28 min Mick 1
Husband for hire needed 38 min cens 13
Small d... needed 41 min cens 6
strictly sex for pay 49 min serious sex 9
sex hookup 53 min cens 44
Men with cash for young ladies in nairobi (Dec '12) 56 min sex maniac 1,799
Hot sex in Nairobi (May '13) 11 hr kev0723963795 1,475
•••
•••