Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,862)

Showing posts 37,221 - 37,240 of65,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

MAAT wrote:
When i read MUQ i see him state that women can be equal in everything, except being lesbians or acting as husband (we all get the picture) or act immodest.
But the main point is that women are not equal when it comes to law. Half a head and all that.
All religions have a bad score when it comes to that.
Ha! Not true...
MAAT wrote:
But one of the really bad aspects is that women have to buy justice, where a man is merited justice.
So the judgement might state quilty, but to get the punishment a payment needs to be made.
Iran had such a case, where the statement of the female witness was not sufficiënt. The males circumstantial one was, but then the matter of buying the penalty was still out.
I wish i could explain it clearer, but this runs against secular law and it's principles of justice, to such an extend, that it is rather hard to get my head around.
But Victorian ideas have never made society a safer place for women, on the contrary i would say.
I would expect a more sneaky and therefore more violent and repressive behaviour from people, just for the fear of being found out.
Pagan religions, especially the modern neo-pagan religions, are MUCH better at accepting the simple fact that all people are equal before the Gods. Male or female does not matter nearly as much as what you do or how you live your life.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a question where every one recognizes Quran or not. The Question is about the Principle.
Every religion believes in a revealed book, which they claim came from God, why every one of them be telling the same lie?
Talk about the basics and not wander into other lanes.
Why the laws made by different countries are so different from each other? If they are all based on scientific proofs, why should they differ from each other?
What is the logic behind it?
Not at all true. Only the religions of the Age of Pisces have that "great" leader/ inspired book mentality. Is-lame, xianity, Buddhism, even Hinduism, they all look to static (DEAD!) as if that could teach any true wisdom, without listening to the Living Words still being spoken by the Gods.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

MUQ wrote:
Scientific and Non Scientific Approach , Part-2
B. Teacher and Student:
a. teacher says to student :“Repeat after me ’A’ stands for Apple”,
Student “What a bullshit, prove to me scientifically that A stands for apple”
Can anyone prove scientifically that A stand for Apple?
Hint: some things are right, even if we have no Scientific proofs for them
b. Teacher to student: 1+1 = 2, Student: How can you prove it scientifically?
Hint: The proof cannot be understood by student of class 1. He should just “believe” in it and when he reaches to higher grades, he will understand the proof.
c. Teacher to Student:“Alexander the Great ruled a large part of civilized world” Student:“What absolute Non Sense, Never heard of such a guy, how you can prove, he ever existed?’
Hint: Past events might not be proven scientifically, they are derived from other type of evidences.
d. Teacher:“And Newton’s Third Laws says Action is always repelled by Reaction which is equal to action….”
Student” And who is this Newton and who gave him power to make laws? Can you prove that this law is true?”
Teacher “May be I cannot, but this written in a Text Book published by Educational board and reviewed by Scholars”
Student:“I do not recognize any board, unless I verify each and every law, I will not believe in them. What a Non Scientific way in age of science”
So who has scientific approach and who is non scientific?
Hint: Some time you have to believe in what is written in books, even if you cannot verify each and every statement.
Contd.
We already know that you do not understand what the scientific principle really is, you do not need to demonstrate it this often. If any student doubts Newton's Third Law, it can be demonstrated and proven experimentally. Same thing with the Number Line Theorum, or the alphabet.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the difference (in the U.S.)between an undergraduate and a graduate course.
In an introductory undergrad class you use a text book which summarizes the current body of research on a particlar subject theories as fact.
On the graduate level, you critically explore the research behind those statements found in the intro undergrad text books. You understand the limitations, the assumptions behind the research, and where the research is still open and where it is more generally accepted. By doing a graduate thesis or dissertation, you have the opportunity to refine or add to the research, which might be some day be reincorporated back into the undergrad text book.
What you call text books are the summaries for the students (undergrad) who are not (yet) on the level to tinker with the research.
Maybe someday you will have the opportunity to pursue a graduate higher education and experience this process first hand.
Umm, in my freshman level physics classes, we did the experiments... that is what the lab portion of the class was for. Heck I even did some of that in high school.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Scientific and Non Scientific Approach, Part-3

C. Parents and Teenagers:

a. Parent to Teenage daughter:“Hanging out with boys till late night is not good. You should concentrate on your studies more now that you are in final years”

Daughter snaps “Prove to me that you are scientifically sure that I would get job after I graduate. I read in papers that unemployment rate is now more than 50 %”

Who is more scientific?

b. Mother to teenage son “what was that I found in your pocket last night? These drugs will ruin your life, stay away from them, not even a nip or sip, I am your well-wisher my son, I do not want to loose you”

Son:“But Mom, what is wrong in them, I see most boys in the class using it and I did not see any one’s life being ruined. We get so much kick and they help in our studies, how can you prove your statement scientifically, Mom”

Which one of these is once again has more scientific approach?

Hint: Any things which become popular, need not be correct or right. And prevention is always better than cure.

c. Parents to teenage sons / daughters:“You must never watch TV now. The programs they show are not fit you. Even we hardly open TV set, the shows they had when we were at your age, were very good and nice. We learned so much from them, Oh what good days were then….”

Son / Daughter :“But Mom and Dad times have changed. We promise we will watch NGC and Sports and Educational channels”

Parents:“ Now you do not argue with us, this is the problem with teenagers these days, when we were your age, we NEVER argued with OUR parents, Oh what good sons and daughters were we…”

Can you guess, who is more scientific now?

Hint: The parents are living in Past, they want to force their opinion on their sons.

Contd.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, in my freshman level physics classes, we did the experiments... that is what the lab portion of the class was for. Heck I even did some of that in high school.
Physics is probably the only, or the best example, of this being true. Chemistry to a lesser degree. But a lot of the more indisciplinary sciences such as geoscience/earth science, biochemistry, and the ecological sciences the subject is to complex or expensive to do this.

What I remember from physics was rolling a lot of balls down a hill....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Physics is probably the only, or the best example, of this being true. Chemistry to a lesser degree. But a lot of the more indisciplinary sciences such as geoscience/earth science, biochemistry, and the ecological sciences the subject is to complex or expensive to do this.
Rolling balls? I remember finding the gravitational constant via the deflection of a torsion spring and pairs of known masses. Oh, wait... were you in something like "physics for English majors?"

But I will concede that some of the other sciences may be a bit challenging to do for every undergrad who wanders into the lab.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Rolling balls? I remember finding the gravitational constant via the deflection of a torsion spring and pairs of known masses. Oh, wait... were you in something like "physics for English majors?"
But I will concede that some of the other sciences may be a bit challenging to do for every undergrad who wanders into the lab.
rabbee: the one i liked the best, was making the little cars to hold a cartridge from a seltzer bottle. for action reaction, principle. where we had to measure the cartridges before and after. and calculate the friction and thrust vs mass. but we did so many, in the physics lab. most of the other stuff, was boring. although, the hydrolic stuff was pretty neet. would of been more fun, if they would have actually let us make an a-bomb in neuclear physics. but the closet we got to that, was visiting a neuclar reactor, and get to see the blue glow.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: the chemistry side, experiments were neet. like making the nitrogen tri-iodide, and sprinkling it on the halway floor when it was still wet. of course making the tear gas, probably wasn't one of the better ideas. did not look like, it would work. but it! did.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Not true...
<quoted text>
Pagan religions, especially the modern neo-pagan religions, are MUCH better at accepting the simple fact that all people are equal before the Gods. Male or female does not matter nearly as much as what you do or how you live your life.
You're right offcourse.
I simply limit myselve here to the big ones that indeed use some scripture.

Which makes it quite puzzlings why someone of the white arts like non-quiter would become a christian.(The ony blessing is that she is a thinking one and not dead to understanding humanities not science...so should they not make it a law that people are only allowed to learn about religion when they are concidered adults?)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

oops OR science

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Rabbee, nonsense about the fruitflies:
http://www.ehow.com/info_12004535_fruit-fly-p...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

Like all successfull (as not being the 99.9 % that beat the dust)species and subspecies (there are many more different terms that apply, but let's keep it simple)they are very good in duplication of genes. So are people.

But all scientists have to show and proof is a sound principles. So you need to read a lot to get the whole picture.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

MAAT wrote:
Rabbee, nonsense about the fruitflies:
http://www.ehow.com/info_12004535_fruit-fly-p...
rabbee: look up up the scientific, ratiation fruit fly experiments of the 19 fifties, sixties and seventies. this article is bogus, and non-scientific. they only proved adaption, not evolution. when the experiments of more than 20 years ended, they still only had fruit flies. i am one of the jr. scientist, of interest in this. i know what was, or was not proved. for i am, the predicted male prodogy.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

i am sorry that i have failed you all in the past. but truly i am trying to make it all up to you with G-D. i truly loved the religion of science, but my heart was broken by all of their lies. i had no choice, but to return to TheG-D of my visitation as TheHisOnly Begotten Son adam. for the tears i have shed for my default, is beyond belief. for i have cried a tear for each of you decieved. for fourty days and fourty nights i have cried out for all of you. only G-D knows of my saddenss, sorrow and grief for all of you, here in TheTorah again. i want for you all, to make it. but i don't think you all will.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Evolution talks about groups adapting and changes over millions of generations.
So it's more about what the ancestor was and whether a change is beneficial.(Like ERV's f.i)

Inbreeding never really works , now does it!
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Even worse, Physics for Bio majors.

We did the spring thing in High School physics but I dont remember it in college physics. But then again, I dont remember much about a lot about my college scholastics - too many other preoccupations.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: the chemistry side, experiments were neet. like making the nitrogen tri-iodide, and sprinkling it on the halway floor when it was still wet. of course making the tear gas, probably wasn't one of the better ideas. did not look like, it would work. but it! did.
Any worse than culturing our ears for a lab in microbiology?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: look up up the scientific, ratiation fruit fly experiments of the 19 fifties, sixties and seventies. this article is bogus, and non-scientific. they only proved adaption, not evolution. when the experiments of more than 20 years ended, they still only had fruit flies. i am one of the jr. scientist, of interest in this. i know what was, or was not proved. for i am, the predicted male prodogy.
Please look up the definition of evolution.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Scientific and Non Scientific Approach, Part-3
Welcome back to the forum, MUQ

I thought for a moment I saw you in a photo on the front page on the NYTimes. You were the one holding the torch, standing in front of the rubble.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,221 - 37,240 of65,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••