Israel's leaders write to new Egyptian president

Jul 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: My Mother Lode

Israel's president and prime minister have sent separate letters to Egypt's new Islamist president, congratulating him on his election victory and calling for continued peace between the neighboring countries, Israeli officials said Sunday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Needham, MA

#1 Jul 1, 2012
Will Egypt have the courage to maintain a peaceful relationship with Israel?I keep thinking of what happened to Anwar Sadat.I can only hope that Egypt,Jordan and Israel continue down the road that Sadat was brave enough to begin. Bob
Expediency

Port Byron, IL

#2 Jul 1, 2012
Bob wrote:
Will Egypt have the courage to maintain a peaceful relationship with Israel?I keep thinking of what happened to Anwar Sadat.I can only hope that Egypt,Jordan and Israel continue down the road that Sadat was brave enough to begin. Bob
Egypts relationship with Israel has nothing to do with courage, but rather an American funded peace through Egypt's Military and their love for U S high tech weapons and monetary aid. Of course they (the Egyptians) will never get the highest tech weapons that America supplys Israel free of Charge or any restrictions the U S might want to put on them! Courage?.... I think not! Expediency for the Egyptian Military and their American task masters rather then the People would be more like it.
Tim Upham

Nine Mile Falls, WA

#3 Jul 1, 2012
Egypt has to have the courage to maintain peace with Israel. First of all, their economy is on the verge of bankruptcy. Second of all, they had four disastrous wars with Israel. Which lead Anwar Sadat to Jerusalem in 1977. Third of all, if there was another war with Israel, Cairo could very easily be nuclear bombed. For everybody's sake, let us keep the peace. The Muslim Brotherhood may have assassinated Anwar Sadat, but now they know what it is like to be in his shoes.
VOP

Lod, Israel

#4 Jul 1, 2012

One thing for sure ... Egypt has more to earn from a correct relation with Israel than from antagonism...

Perhaps Mursi has that figured out already ..

Aliroger1

York, Canada

#5 Jul 2, 2012
THE EGYPTIAN MILITARY HIGH COMMAND ARE TRAITORS

They should all be charged with treason for collaborating with foreign enemies of the Egyptian people, for their oppression of the people and for their usurping of the powers of elected government office holders. They should be tried, convicted, sentenced and hung. Tantawi is a scumbag who should be charged immediately and removed from his command. Mubarak needs to be convicted and hung, along with his sons and wife, and Suleiman and the other henchmen.
Aliroger1

York, Canada

#6 Jul 2, 2012
EGYPT HAS A MORAL AND ETHICAL OBLIGATION TO LEAD THE SEVERING OF TIES WITH THE APARTHEID TERRORIST STATE OF ISRAEL

Sadat sold out. The peace treaty should be put to a referendum in Egypt and the Egyptian people should decide whether what dictators negotiated should stand. Once the dictatorship in Jordan is overthrown and replaced with democratic government, a referendum should be held there as well.
Steven Hassan

United States

#8 Jul 2, 2012
Bob wrote:
The real question is will Isreal start yet another war based on some BS. The term "islamist" is a buzz word meant to create fear; they are moderates.

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/62453/...
Tim Upham

Nine Mile Falls, WA

#9 Jul 2, 2012
Aliroger1 wrote:
EGYPT HAS A MORAL AND ETHICAL OBLIGATION TO LEAD THE SEVERING OF TIES WITH THE APARTHEID TERRORIST STATE OF ISRAEL
Sadat sold out. The peace treaty should be put to a referendum in Egypt and the Egyptian people should decide whether what dictators negotiated should stand. Once the dictatorship in Jordan is overthrown and replaced with democratic government, a referendum should be held there as well.
I live here, and those weirdos live over there. So in my safe perch, war is great. I have been with those weirdos over there, and they are tired of war. Both Egypt and Jordan have peace treaties with Israel for a reason. When you go through the streets of downtown Cairo and Amman, you can hear those reasons too. The internet puts the world at our fingertips, but also it removes us from the humanity involved.
Bob

Needham, MA

#10 Jul 2, 2012
Steven I hope you are able to understand the facts and not just be blinded with your hate.Israel never started a war.Israel is only blamed because they win all the wars.Israel is a land of brave and intelligent people.They have under 10 million people and the enemy has 200 million.Would you start a war with odds like that? BOB
Aliroger1

York, Canada

#11 Jul 2, 2012
THE UNITED STATES OF ISRAEL HAS OVER 340,000,000 PEOPLE UNDER ITS CONTROL

With such backing, zionazis do not need to negotiate but engages in Lebensraum military adventurism to steal Palestinian land. Israel is an illegitimate apartheid state founded by terrorists like Yitzhak Shamir, using ethnic cleansing and other terrorist means. Apartheid can never be allowed to triumph anywhere, ever.
Steven Hassan

United States

#12 Jul 2, 2012
Bob wrote:
Steven I hope you are able to understand the facts and not just be blinded with your hate.Israel never started a war.Israel is only blamed because they win all the wars.Israel is a land of brave and intelligent people.They have under 10 million people and the enemy has 200 million.Would you start a war with odds like that? BOB
Sure they did Bob.

48 war was all Israel. They moved into the land given to the Palestinians after the second part of hostilities ended (the first being both Pal and Zionist against the Brits). They used terror and force to get almost half amillion people to leave thier homes. When the Arab armies came to help it was already to late, and realistically woudl not have done any good (as Israel had numerical and equipment superiority).

In 56 they attacked Egypt 9along with the Brits and French) simply because the Egyptians wanted to control the Suez.

They attacked yet again in 67 in a sneak attack. Even the Israeli leaders have acknowledged Egypt wa no threat.

In 70 they refused to abide by international law and get off Egyptian soil so in 73 the Egyptians had no choice but to attack and liberate their citizens.

In 82 they invaded Lebanon while that country was in the middle of a civil war. They claimed it was because one of thier diplomates had been assasinated. They stayed more than a decade.

In 06 they again attacked Lebanon. Why? Because Hezbola might attack them.

According to a study done by Tel Aviv univeristy, Israel has been the cause of ending 70% of the cease fires.

When I get back home I will be happy to provide you all the links, but feel free to do it yourself.
Voice of Peace

Lod, Israel

#13 Jul 2, 2012
Aliroger1 wrote:
THE EGYPTIAN MILITARY HIGH COMMAND ARE TRAITORS
They should all be charged with treason for collaborating with foreign enemies of the Egyptian people, for their oppression of the people and for their usurping of the powers of elected government office holders. They should be tried, convicted, sentenced and hung. Tantawi is a scumbag who should be charged immediately and removed from his command. Mubarak needs to be convicted and hung, along with his sons and wife, and Suleiman and the other henchmen.

Alibaba, before you 'hung' the first one of the Egyptian traitors ... mmmhhh ... how should I put it ..?... semantics (!?)... yesss, semantics ... before you 'hung' the first one of the godddammnnned Egyptian filthy traitorssss ... let's dive..

Let's dive intoooo ....(which one of them you prefer or feel more comfortable with..?)..American Heritage, Cambridge, Oxford, Macmillan, Merriam Webster ..

""Which is correct: "hanged" or "hung" ?
hanged is used only when referring to the hanging of a person by the neck with the intention of killing him or her.
In all other cases, hung is the past tense of hang.

Examples:
Correct: The murderer is going to be hanged at dawn.
Incorrect: The murderer is going to be hung at dawn.
Correct: We hung your picture on the wall.
Incorrect: We hanged your picture on the wall.""

.... now you can 'hung' your men ..!!
... and if you end up with an extra rope ....'hung' yourself..!!

Aliroger1

York, Canada

#14 Jul 2, 2012
Voice of Peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Alibaba, before you 'hung' the first one of the Egyptian traitors ... mmmhhh ... how should I put it ..?... semantics (!?)... yesss, semantics ... before you 'hung' the first one of the godddammnnned Egyptian filthy traitorssss ... let's dive..
Let's dive intoooo ....(which one of them you prefer or feel more comfortable with..?)..American Heritage, Cambridge, Oxford, Macmillan, Merriam Webster ..
""Which is correct: "hanged" or "hung" ?
hanged is used only when referring to the hanging of a person by the neck with the intention of killing him or her.
In all other cases, hung is the past tense of hang.
Examples:
Correct: The murderer is going to be hanged at dawn.
Incorrect: The murderer is going to be hung at dawn.
Correct: We hung your picture on the wall.
Incorrect: We hanged your picture on the wall.""
.... now you can 'hung' your men ..!!
... and if you end up with an extra rope ....'hung' yourself..!!
YOU ARE WRONG [I MIGHT ADD YOU ARE A PRICK, BUT THAT MIGHT LEAD TO MORE DISPUTE OVER BOLLOCKS]

"Usage Notes:

"Our evidence shows that hung for hanged is certainly not an error. Educated speakers and writers use it commonly and have for many years.... " Hanged is, however, more common than hung in writing. It is especially prevalent when an official execution is being described, but it is used in referring to other types of hanging as well....

"The distinction between hanged and hung is not an especially useful one (although a few commentators claim otherwise). It is, however, a simple one and easy to remember. Therein lies its popularity. If you make a point of observing the distinction in your writing you will not thereby become a better writer, but you will spare yourself the annoyance of being corrected for having done something that is not wrong."
(Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage, 1994)"

Run along now!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Tim Upham

Nine Mile Falls, WA

#15 Jul 3, 2012
Aliroger1 wrote:
THE UNITED STATES OF ISRAEL HAS OVER 340,000,000 PEOPLE UNDER ITS CONTROL
With such backing, zionazis do not need to negotiate but engages in Lebensraum military adventurism to steal Palestinian land. Israel is an illegitimate apartheid state founded by terrorists like Yitzhak Shamir, using ethnic cleansing and other terrorist means. Apartheid can never be allowed to triumph anywhere, ever.
Never go over there. Never talk to the people involved. Just be an armchair activist, who sees sensationalistic headlines. I could write my own sensationalistic headlines, and have a huge amount of followers too. Because armchair activists love sensationalistic headlines. But to deal with the Israeli-Palestinian issue facts, not name calling is the way to address it. The Oslo Accords started it, but that was in 1993. It is now 2012. There can be a lot of frustration involved over this, but people are tired of the conflict, both Israelis and Palestinians. It is not better to to create a home for both to live in?

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 Jul 3, 2012
Modern countries not base on nation-religion-racial-obligat ory military service.

Israel and Egypt need to become modern-democratic countries and to join NATO, and Israel need to join and EU, and EU need to become common country.

This is the only future for the region.
Aliroger1

York, Canada

#17 Jul 3, 2012
Tim Upham wrote:
<quoted text> Never go over there. Never talk to the people involved. Just be an armchair activist, who sees sensationalistic headlines. I could write my own sensationalistic headlines, and have a huge amount of followers too. Because armchair activists love sensationalistic headlines. But to deal with the Israeli-Palestinian issue facts, not name calling is the way to address it. The Oslo Accords started it, but that was in 1993. It is now 2012. There can be a lot of frustration involved over this, but people are tired of the conflict, both Israelis and Palestinians. It is not better to to create a home for both to live in?
THE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS: one unified, secular democratic state, with equality of all under and before the law, with respect for the rule of secular law, and one person, one vote, with all refugees given their international law right of return whence they came, or, at the refugees' sole discretion, compensation for any lost assets by the nation states holding the assets. It is that simple. It is also what is viciously opposed by America and Israel and the zionist terrorist bloc. This solution is consistent with values held by ethical and moral people in the world.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 3, 2012
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This solution is consistent with values held by ethical and moral people in the world.
But that would leave out many Islamofascist governments who slaughter their own people.Where is you concern for the 1700 Syrians slaughtered by the government? Why are you fixated on Israel when Islamofascist governments have tyrannized people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Iran and Libya? The answer is obvious: you are a bigoted hypocrite.
Aliroger1

York, Canada

#19 Jul 3, 2012
Jim Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
But that would leave out many Islamofascist governments who slaughter their own people.Where is you concern for the 1700 Syrians slaughtered by the government? Why are you fixated on Israel when Islamofascist governments have tyrannized people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Iran and Libya? The answer is obvious: you are a bigoted hypocrite.
THE MUSLIM ARMY WILL SOON LIBERATE SYRIA FROM THE DESPOTISM OF THE CHRISTIAN-ALAWITE ALLIANCE

The biggest one, which you left out, is the Saud Crime Family of Pigs, which is America's closest Arab ally. Every despot needs to be Saddamized or Qaddafi'd. The enemy of democracy in the Arab and Muslim world is America and Europe.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Jul 4, 2012
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
THE MUSLIM ARMY WILL SOON LIBERATE SYRIA FROM THE DESPOTISM OF THE CHRISTIAN-ALAWITE ALLIANCE
The biggest one, which you left out, is the Saud Crime Family of Pigs, which is America's closest Arab ally. Every despot needs to be Saddamized or Qaddafi'd. The enemy of democracy in the Arab and Muslim world is America and Europe.
The "muslim army" needs to liberate itself from the opressive confines and hateful teachings of radical islam. The enemy of democracy in the Arab world is radical islam, an unsustainable political system which is completely incompatible with democracy, freedom and personal liberties.
Tim Upham

Nine Mile Falls, WA

#21 Jul 5, 2012
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is odd, because Christians only make up 10% of the population of Syria. So unless Christians there are filling the niche of the Learned Elders of Zion. But Alawite yes, for the Assad family is Alawite. But this is what Arab Spring is all about, in Syria Sunnite followers trying to overthrow a Shiite leader, and in Bahrian Shiite followers trying to overthrow a Sunnite leader. Which goes to show that Dar al-Islam is not a monolithic entity the way Americans think it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 68,956
us academic's career suffers due to anti-israel... 23 min Tim 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr YesWeCan 68,357
Fiji says 43 soldiers captured in Golan Heights 2 hr Jeff Brightone 1
Facing Islamist threats, some Arab nations tilt... 2 hr Jeff Brightone 1
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 2 hr supersonic boom 1,396
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Tuco Blondie 117,957
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Israel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••