New Hong Kong leader takes office amid discontent

Jun 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New Jersey Herald

Chinese President Hu Jintao was interrupted by a pro-democracy heckler Sunday at the swearing in of Hong Kong's new leader, an incident underscoring rising tensions between Beijing and the semiautonomous territory 15 years after it returned to Chinese rule.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2012
Gravediggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

There's discontent in the USA.

Do you think the Chinese government is portraying that mews the same way the USA media is portraying this discontent?

Media manufactures and aids the government in trying to 'convince' the people of the government's cause.

That's why we're in Yemen, Somolia, Sudan, Libya, Syria and more.

The USA KNOWS what is 'best' for every country.

Oh yeah, more than half the USA population is unhappy with the governing officials HERE.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

I do not understand why people want to be ruled by their "own kind."

If the British had continued to rule Hong Kong and various African countries, those people would be much freer today.

I have just read that people in Detroit are so tired of being misruled by "their own kind" that they are willing to vote for a mayor of European ancestry!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hong Kong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do Chinese think of White People? (Sep '08) Aug 24 Anonymous 60
Are Chinese Ebay Sellers Undercutting American ... (Jul '13) Aug 14 EbayRevealed 16
CLean Your Black Dollars/Euros/Pounds,Etc Now!... (Aug '12) Aug 14 Lester Mills 8
i hate cantonese people and hong kong??? (Nov '12) Aug 12 CantoneseSUPERIOR 7
stereotypes about cantonese people Aug 12 CantoneseSUPERIOR 9
Hong Kong to hold big annual democracy protest (Jul '13) Aug 7 ANGKA 2D 3D 4D 5D 6D 8
Why do many Chinese people like to have Western... (Sep '07) Jul 30 Name 330
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Hong Kong People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••