Minnesota students stuck in Guatemala

A man pushes a wheelbarrow of mud as he helps clean street near his house in Amatitlan, 35 kilometers south of Guatemala City on June 1, 2010. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Paterson, NJ

#24 Jul 5, 2012
San Lucas Fan wrote:
I have a few comments for all of you:
1. I have been to this same place in Guatemala nearly 1/2 dozen times. It is an amazing community outreach mission that buys land for the native people, employs 1000's of people and helps give skills to those who need employment. When you visit this place, you get the opportunity to work along side the Guatemalans in the village AND you learn an important lesson on 3rd world countries, poverty and the struggle of how to best help. It is wonderful that the Vis girls are taking the time to go help and learn in this beautiful country.
2. Weather Happens. End of story. I've been stranded in my own home due to bad weather. When you travel, you chance getting stuck. If we had mudslides in Minnesota, they would also be stranded.
3. Graduation at Vis is special and is a tradition. With such a small class size, graduation would not be the same with the missing 16 young women.
4. Thank you Visitation for doing this trip yearly. It is great that you give your students the opportunity to serve both locally, and internationally.
Well said!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guatemala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. should stump up billions to curb Central A... Oct '14 ItsCrazy 5
Mayan Peoples Movement Defeats Monsanto Law in ... Sep '14 BeHereNow 2
EEUU: Biden descarta un “Plan Colombia” en Cent... Aug '14 La noticia en Gua... 1
Gobierno contrata firma para hacer lobby en EE.... Aug '14 La noticia en Gua... 1
Perez Molina pide 2,000 millones para crisis mi... Aug '14 La noticia en Gua... 1
Quake rocks Guatemala, Mexico, newborn baby amo... Jul '14 what of New Madri... 1
'Welcome migrants to the US': Obama says change... Jul '14 Amigo 4
More from around the web