Georgia-Israel Love Affair Now a Messy Divorce

May 11, 2012 | Posted by: coolncrazy | Full story: www.worldpoliticsreview.com

Despite parallel histories and a concerted push on both sides to forge lasting ties over the past decade, it is apparent today that Georgia and Israel face very different geopolitical concerns and increasingly conflicting national interests. Indeed, their partnership, which once seemed so natural, now looks permanently derailed.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated May 13, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AbeUG

Bedminster, NJ

#1 May 11, 2012
I think the Georgia-Israel friendship will bounce back.

:)
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#2 May 11, 2012
Parallel histories? LOZ. Georgy porkies have nothing parallel with the jews. It is the armenian armenoid clowns who believe Noah or Noa landed on Ararat. Few jews escaped to Georgia when they were persecuted. In Stalin's home town Gori there were jews.
AbeUG

Bedminster, NJ

#3 May 11, 2012
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
Parallel histories? LOZ. Georgy porkies have nothing parallel with the jews. It is the armenian armenoid clowns who believe Noah or Noa landed on Ararat. Few jews escaped to Georgia when they were persecuted. In Stalin's home town Gori there were jews.
I believe the Georgian leader is part Jewish.

So I would say that helps give Georgia and Israel a bond.

ObserverTM

United States

#4 May 11, 2012
Sharon and Saakashvili, put them together and voila!....

SS

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 May 11, 2012
The modern countries not base on religion-nation-racial.

Georgia Russia and Israel need modernization, and to join EU-NATO, and EU need to become common country.
AbeUG

Bedminster, NJ

#6 May 11, 2012
ObserverTM wrote:
SS
Let me guess, you don't like Sharon and Saakashvili?

So you think Putin is a saint? LOL
Pro Ukraine

UK

#7 May 11, 2012
ObserverTM wrote:
SS
LFOD showing his anti Georgian and anti Jewish views, now who does that remind me of? LOL
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#8 May 11, 2012
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikheil is hardly jewish. He is georgian nobility. One of his ancestors was a nobleman Jib Abashidze. Jews were well off in Georgia but certainly not the elite like you and inbred Amicuska would think. They were not even actively involved with the communists. Armenians were over represented among communists. No matter what hmmko says here for this armenians are the most second hated minority in Russia. They are seen as the jews of the south. If you travel to place called Glendale you understand why. But if Mikheil is nobility is it any wonder that the russian peasan kholzniks and ukra fart heads hate him.
stefanya

Daegu, Korea

#9 May 11, 2012
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>LFOD showing his anti Georgian and anti Jewish views, now who does that remind me of? LOL
The dickhead from slovakia name pesky

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Since: Jan 07

Somewhere in Colorado

#10 May 11, 2012
Ssome idiot, no doubt small-minded town American bigot is using my moniker again. this coward is too cowardly to use his own moniker.
stefanya wrote:
<quoted text>The dickhead from slovakia name pesky

Somewhere in Colorado

#11 May 11, 2012
The real Stefanya says, that Pesky from Slovakia has as much right to comment as anyone. No need for the name-calling.

Somewhere in Colorado

#12 May 11, 2012
AbeUG wrote:
I think the Georgia-Israel friendship will bounce back.
Since Georgia is busy kissing the USA's behind in order to get the funding, and training from the USA just like Israel, you would think that they would be the best of buddies. However Israel, who has a large population who came from Russia does not bad-mouth Russia.

Suka shvilli is nothing more than an American puppet, having been raised educated in Georgia should not be leading the
Georgian state. Israel and Sharon are a lot smarter than the Georgian Suka shvilli and will do a lot better divoricing themselves from Georgia.

Somewhere in Colorado

#13 May 11, 2012
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hardly! The tie-eating, cowardly Suka shvilli, is not smart enough to lead a third world country like Georgia even with the USA and NATO pulling the strings on this puppet. Israel is a lot smarter and definitely too smart to be messing with an idiot like Suka shvilli.

Somewhere in Colorado

#14 May 11, 2012
ObserverTM wrote:
SS
LOL!!!

Somewhere in Colorado

#15 May 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Mikheil is hardly jewish. He is georgian nobility. One of his ancestors was a nobleman Jib Abashidze. Jews were well off in Georgia but certainly not the elite like you and inbred Amicuska would think. They were not even actively involved with the communists. Armenians were over represented among communists. No matter what hmmko says here for this armenians are the most second hated minority in Russia. They are seen as the jews of the south. If you travel to place called Glendale you understand why. But if Mikheil is nobility is it any wonder that the russian peasan kholzniks and ukra fart heads hate him.
Suka shvilli is nothing more than a brain=dead puppet with the strings being pulled by the Global bully the USA and its minions in NAT0 using Georgia to esconse their behinds where they don't belong in the Middle East, who are there for the purpose of putting more US military bases into that area and attempting to steal that which does not belong to them.
Russians have a great country going, with the country getting better and better each year, since the western meddling turned the break-up o f the USSR into a disaster for the population and the economy of RUssia.
Go PUtin, Go Russia and Go away Georgia and its hangers on like this finn teen, enamored of the NAZI homicidal maniacs.
The best thing Russia could do is to refuse to trade with Georgia and to kick out the million or so Georgians living in Russia andsending money to Georgia to keep Georgia going. Let the USA send them the money to keep their citizens alive as they didn't mind sending arms and trainers to train them to kill the South Ossetians and Abkazians who are smart enough to want nothing to do with Georgia or Suka shvilli.

Somewhere in Colorado

#16 May 11, 2012
neobyzantine wrote:
The modern countries not base on religion-nation-racial.
Georgia Russia and Israel need modernization, and to join EU-NATO, and EU need to become common country.
The USA and it's NATO minions it is using in it's imperialism over the world need to stay in their own hemisphere and mind their own business. They do not belong in Eastern Europe or gobbling up the entire plant. Aye, there is where the trouble lies.

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Since: Sep 07

Russia

#17 May 11, 2012
Georgia is a close friend of Iran today, Israel is Iran's enemy, so there are no reason for Israel to be a friend of Georgia.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#18 May 12, 2012
<quoted text>
No one in Ukraine hates Georgians you Finn twit, only the Moskali hate them.
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#19 May 12, 2012
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>No one in Ukraine hates Georgians .
Ofcource you love them because one georgian gave you such a big chunks of Polish, Hungarian and Romanian territory.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#20 May 12, 2012
coolncrazy wrote:
Georgia is a close friend of Iran today, Israel is Iran's enemy, so there are no reason for Israel to be a friend of Georgia.
Considering that one million georgians live in Iran is that really that surprising. Of course you would prefer if all of those georgians living there would be beheaded by the mullahs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Applebaum: Russia's anti-Western ideology has g... Aug 8 yep 2
Film Screening Canceled In Georgia Amid Protests Aug 8 Roberto 2
Moscow Calling? Aug 8 lgbt is silly 1
Donald Eugene Webb (D.E.W.) Fugitive . Jul '14 Wimpy 1
premium rate numbers Jul '14 parascorp8 1
Kevin Lamarque/ReutersUkraine Asked U.S. for An... Jul '14 Zeppelin 2
Fight with Armenian priest takes place in Tbili... Jul '14 Mary Joe 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••