Macedonian Encyclopaedia Offends Ethnic Albanians

Sep 21, 2009 Full story: BalkanInsight.com 716

Skopje Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts The ruling Democratic Union for Integration, DUI, party said it will sue the Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts, MANU, for spreading lies about the country's ethnic Albanian minority.

Full Story
First Prev
of 36
Next Last
FASCIST Skopian Academy

Athens, Greece

#1 Sep 21, 2009
Enough is enough with the torture of the Albanians!
INDEPENDENT REPUBLIC OF ILYRIDA NOW!!
from Greece EU

Athens, Greece

#2 Sep 21, 2009
Lies,lies,lies. Always lies from that fake country. Shame on them!

Academy of Sciences and Arts in Skopje!!!
This is a joke! What sciences and arts do they have in Skopje? The science of Falsification of history and the Art of lieing?
2CentsWorth

Toronto, Canada

#3 Sep 21, 2009
Not a positive development... If there are early elections, this issue could prove important to the Albanian minority...
adela

Boston, MA

#4 Sep 21, 2009
Albanien und die Albanesen: eine historisch-kritische Studie
By Wassa Effendi History - 1879 - 68 pages

Albania and the Albanians: a historical-critical study

Before this era, the term Macedonia is not yet existed. At that time, was called by mutual agreement of all the ancient writer Customer the country Emathien, and Emathien must be regarded as the cradle of this kingdom, which later became so powerful and glorious.

Emathien however, was that land between the mountains of Albania, between Debre, and the Kroi'a Miridites, which is called today, Math, and Mathia. This name was Mathia flow through the country after it, given the river, which, under the name Mathia between Epidamne (Durazzo) and Scodra (Scutari) empties into the Adriatic Sea.

http://books.google.com/books...
adela

Boston, MA

#5 Sep 21, 2009
We want to provide a secure evidence of philology of the importance of our statement to mention that the names of Epirus, Macedonia, Albania, the Albanian-nesen themselves are completely unknown in their language, these names do not exist, they only know each other under the Common names Shqypetäre, and they hardly know that it has other names outside of their country, as Shqypere or Shqyptne.

If the first best farmer asks: what nation you belong to? he will answer in a nutshell: I am Shqypetäre! and this answer is in the whole country Albania Everyone, be it on the heights, whether in the valley give, that he is Moslem, Catholic or Greek Orthodox.

http://books.google.com/books...
adela

Boston, MA

#6 Sep 21, 2009
What we have said from the Epirus, also applies to the ancient Macedonians. It is historically attested, that this people, as well as the Epirus, had his own language that stands out completely from all the dialects of the Greek tongue. They also had a completely different state constitution; they had laws, habits, customs, military organization, which had nothing in common with Greece.

Proof of this is the story. Plutarch also tells how he of the murder of Clitus by Alexander, his friend, says: "Alexander, drunk with wine and rage, rushed from his tent and cried in Macedon language of his guards and the horse."

In the view of historians was the language of Macedon, an absolutely different from the Greek idiom, and consequently Alexander could if he wanted to speak to his people not to use the Greek language, for the Macedonians would have it, because they did not know the Greek language, not can understand.

It was the language, who knew the soldiers of Philip and Alexander, and spoke only the language of the ancient Pelasgians, the same language, which we talked in Epirus, the same language, which is called Shqyp', the eagles language, and what you beut still speaks in Albania.

http://books.google.com/books...

Since: Jan 09

Fresno, CA

#7 Sep 22, 2009
adela wrote:
What we have said from the Epirus, also applies to the ancient Macedonians. It is historically attested, that this people, as well as the Epirus, had his own language that stands out completely from all the dialects of the Greek tongue. They also had a completely different state constitution; they had laws, habits, customs, military organization, which had nothing in common with Greece.
Proof of this is the story. Plutarch also tells how he of the murder of Clitus by Alexander, his friend, says: "Alexander, drunk with wine and rage, rushed from his tent and cried in Macedon language of his guards and the horse."
In the view of historians was the language of Macedon, an absolutely different from the Greek idiom, and consequently Alexander could if he wanted to speak to his people not to use the Greek language, for the Macedonians would have it, because they did not know the Greek language, not can understand.
It was the language, who knew the soldiers of Philip and Alexander, and spoke only the language of the ancient Pelasgians, the same language, which we talked in Epirus, the same language, which is called Shqyp', the eagles language, and what you beut still speaks in Albania.
http://books.google.com/books...
you know what would make your story true & not the lie that it is?

that Alexander would have a real Albo name or that Phillip would be named in Squipt language, quick prove to us that you speak the truth;
what does Macedonia mean in ALbo?
what does Alexander mean in ALbo?
what does Phillip mean in ALbo?
what does Bucephalus mean in ALbo?
what does Epirus mean in ALbo?

& can you tell us why they spelled their names in Greek letters?

don't make lies, we can check your translation on google

“United States of Albania”

Since: Jun 08

Vushtrri, Kosova, Albania

#8 Sep 22, 2009
So called "Macedonians" are just a fiction created by serbs in order to weaken Bulgarian nation. In fact, they are Bulgarians. These pro serb "macedonians"are still looking to enforce this fake/fictive notion of "Slavic macedonian", and for that they need to still the history of other nations like Greeks and us Albanians.
Kastor

Cheltenham, Australia

#9 Sep 22, 2009
Serb Genocide of the Vardar region must end, enough is enough.

Greece must change its view of Serbia.

fakn Serbs have never returned our loyalty
MACEDONIA

Gnesta, Sweden

#10 Sep 22, 2009
Jag tycker synd om er, både albaner och greeker. Ni snackar skit om Makedonien och deras identitet, men vad är er identitet? Fiktiv skapade länder vid slutet av 18000-talet. Alla folk på Balkan är blandade av olika stammar. Ingen har ägande rätt mer än någon annan. Ni är största fasister vet ni.
adela

Boston, MA

#11 Sep 22, 2009
1) International Conciliation
Page 749

by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, American Association for International Conciliation, World War I Collection, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Division of Intercourse and Education - Arbitration, International - 1919

The very name of Macedonia, formerly known as "Emathia," derives in all probability from the Albanian word E Madhia (the great).

'What is now called Macedonia was in earlier times called Emathia. And it took its present name from Macedon, one of its early chieftans

STRABO 'The Geography' book VII, Fragments (paragraph 11)

2) In Albanian Alexander, means born as in dream

His mother had often seen a dream that will bring a guy in this world that will change the era.

In Albanian Alexander, means born as in dream

3) Cephalus

In Albanian language understand word forgiveness. What you forgive?(head)

4) Name - Epirus, which understand the ancient Illyrian tribes - Epirus, epirot, Epirote,(the main tribes that were - Thesprotia, Kaon's mollosët)- its etymologies has the root of the word - pyrr - albanian-PYRRUS as Illyrian word that is associated with scientific word,- pyrrus, that is his name - pears (Pyrrus, wood frytor of gender dardhes rosaceous family Rosaceae). Dardhania Epirote are ancient, as Illirian tribes .Epiriot are the ancient dardans as Illyrian tribe from southern dardania

Name - Epirus in which change the sound of the mid-root, as a syllable grammar - pyrr = pirr = PIR (y = I), which the Ancient name Pirro - formed Epirus - which has meaning the pyrrusit, from Pirro with origin, from ancient Dardania

Here are 27 books and which show that Alexander the Great is Albanian

http://alexanderthegreat.wordpress.com/

Sir William Woodthorpe Tarn, of the British Academy, regarded worldwide as having written the definitive work on Alexander the Great, states in the opening paragraph of his book Alexander the Great that "Alexander certainly had from his father (Philip II) and probably from his mother (Olymbia) Illyrian, i.e. Albanian, blood!"

"Demosthenes (384-322) called him a 'barbarian', a non-Greek speaker...
Phillip the Great was perfectly capable of conversing in standard Greek, even though the local Macedonian dialect was so interladed with non-Greek (esp. Illyrian) linguistic forms that it would be unintelligible to standard Greek speakers."

The Reign of Philip II:

"Philip II was born about 382 BC, the last son of Amyntas III and his Illyrian wife Eurydice. Little is known of his early life".

Sarah B. Pomeroy
Ancient Greece

"In the land of Illyria (present-day Albania), home of Philip's first wife, Eurydice, lived a pirate leader named Teuta, wife of King Agron of Illyria".

David E. Jones
Women Warriors: A History

“ein anderer Schauplatz”

Since: Jan 09

Athens

#12 Sep 22, 2009
adela wrote:
1) International Conciliation
Page 749
by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, American Association for International Conciliation, World War I Collection, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Division of Intercourse and Education - Arbitration, International - 1919
The very name of Macedonia, formerly known as "Emathia," derives in all probability from the Albanian word E Madhia (the great).
'What is now called Macedonia was in earlier times called Emathia. And it took its present name from Macedon, one of its early chieftans
STRABO 'The Geography' book VII, Fragments (paragraph 11)
2) In Albanian Alexander, means born as in dream
His mother had often seen a dream that will bring a guy in this world that will change the era.
In Albanian Alexander, means born as in dream
3) Cephalus
In Albanian language understand word forgiveness. What you forgive?(head)
4) Name - Epirus, which understand the ancient Illyrian tribes - Epirus, epirot, Epirote,(the main tribes that were - Thesprotia, Kaon's mollosët)- its etymologies has the root of the word - pyrr - albanian-PYRRUS as Illyrian word that is associated with scientific word,- pyrrus, that is his name - pears (Pyrrus, wood frytor of gender dardhes rosaceous family Rosaceae). Dardhania Epirote are ancient, as Illirian tribes .Epiriot are the ancient dardans as Illyrian tribe from southern dardania
Name - Epirus in which change the sound of the mid-root, as a syllable grammar - pyrr = pirr = PIR (y = I), which the Ancient name Pirro - formed Epirus - which has meaning the pyrrusit, from Pirro with origin, from ancient Dardania
Here are 27 books and which show that Alexander the Great is Albanian
http://alexanderthegreat.wordpress.com/
Sir William Woodthorpe Tarn, of the British Academy, regarded worldwide as having written the definitive work on Alexander the Great, states in the opening paragraph of his book Alexander the Great that "Alexander certainly had from his father (Philip II) and probably from his mother (Olymbia) Illyrian, i.e. Albanian, blood!"
"Demosthenes (384-322) called him a 'barbarian', a non-Greek speaker...
Phillip the Great was perfectly capable of conversing in standard Greek, even though the local Macedonian dialect was so interladed with non-Greek (esp. Illyrian) linguistic forms that it would be unintelligible to standard Greek speakers."
The Reign of Philip II:
"Philip II was born about 382 BC, the last son of Amyntas III and his Illyrian wife Eurydice. Little is known of his early life".
Sarah B. Pomeroy
Ancient Greece
"In the land of Illyria (present-day Albania), home of Philip's first wife, Eurydice, lived a pirate leader named Teuta, wife of King Agron of Illyria".
David E. Jones
Women Warriors: A History
you are definitely loosing it....
for god's sake!
this is an etymological and conceptual albanian murder!
macedonian

Skopje, Macedonia

#13 Sep 22, 2009
this is all for albanians to have chance to ask for ilirida.Fact is dhat thay wa ere very rare 50 years ago , but they come from Kosovo and they had a big percent of natakity last years .Now they are almost 15% but they are very less in the past.
dita

London, UK

#14 Sep 22, 2009
macedonian wrote:
this is all for albanians to have chance to ask for ilirida.Fact is dhat thay wa ere very rare 50 years ago , but they come from Kosovo and they had a big percent of natakity last years .Now they are almost 15% but they are very less in the past.
just a small correction.. albanians in macedonia are not almost 15%, but 30% and growing...and we did not come from kosova where our brothers live,but we have been there for many many centuries...much longer than u slavs...we are the descendants of the illirs..the first inhabitant of the balkans and a wider region..u see u are very aware of illirida...our eternel homeland.
DARDAN

Ireland

#15 Sep 22, 2009
lilalo wrote:
<quoted text>
you are definitely loosing it....
for god's sake!
this is an etymological and conceptual albanian murder!
you are the real one see here Alexis Heraclides is Associate Professor of International Relations at the Panteion University in Athens.This leads us to another possible interpretation of the outrageous Greek stance towards the modern-day Albanians from Albania who have the misfortune to live in Greece. The fact that the two ethnic groups have been so intricately interwoven for centuries (well before the advent of nationalism) may have prompted them to erect fences between in-group and out-group, to solidify ethnic boundaries between them when none existed before (particularly as far as Orthodox Albanians and Greeks were concerned). What we are implying is the antithesis of the largely erroneous Samuel Huntington thesis of clash civilizations, namely the fissures which inexorably lead to endless conflicts. Nearness, being very close and intermingled as cultures to the extent of being indistinguishable in the course of the 19th century may have given rise to this trend for clear-cut boundaries on both sides (as seen on the Albanian side in Albania among nationalists and right-wingers such as Berisha and other like-minded Albanians). Boundaries almost by definition create a sense of shrill ethnocentrism and hate for the Other, the closer he is culturally and physically the more hysterical and ridiculous the downgrading, but also very real and explosive in inter-ethnic and inter-state relations, as in the case of Greece today.

http://www.aimpress.ch/dyn/trae/archive/data/...
mkCODE

Skopje, Macedonia

#17 Sep 22, 2009
dita wrote:
<quoted text>
just a small correction.. albanians in macedonia are not almost 15%, but 30% and growing...and we did not come from kosova where our brothers live,but we have been there for many many centuries...much longer than u slavs...we are the descendants of the illirs..the first inhabitant of the balkans and a wider region..u see u are very aware of illirida...our eternel homeland.
Albanians are hardly 15% in Macedonia, and still immigrating while their narcotic business is growing..
Albanians are hard core Muslims, like their brothers form Azerbaijan from where they originates. To be native on the Balkans means to be Christen, which you are certainly not!
adela

Boston, MA

#18 Sep 22, 2009
Archaeology and language, Volume 1; Volume 3
Page 232 and Page 233

By R. Blench, Matthew Spriggs - Social Science - 1999 - 301 pages

Albanian of the Caucasus: not the same as Albanian of the Balkans.

Illyrian may be ancestral to Albanian

http://books.google.com/books...
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

#19 Sep 22, 2009
adela, like many Albanian scum, do not know history. Same goes for the delusional Skops. They all have visions of grandeur and all those visions include slices of Hellenism. The greatest civilization ever known in Europe.
adela

Boston, MA

#20 Sep 22, 2009
Caucasian Albanians must not to be confused with the Illyrian Albanians of modern-day Albania in the Balkans.

AVAR ETYMOLOGY

Avar
Any member of a people of undetermined origin who built an empire in eastern Europe between the Adriatic and Baltic seas and the Elbe and Dnieper rivers in the 6th–9th centuries.

Mounted nomads, possibly from Central Asia, they made the Hungarian plain the centre of their empire, from which they intervened in Germanic tribal wars, helped the Lombards overthrow allies of Byzantium, and nearly succeeded in occupying Constantinople in 626.

They also fought the Merovingians and helped push the Serbs and Croats southward towards Illyrian territories. Avar decline began in the late 7th century and culminated in the destruction of their capital by Charlemagne in 796. In the early 9th century the Avars were fully incorporated in the Carolingian empire.

Caucasian Albanians must not to be confused with the Illyrian Albanians of modern-day Albania in the Balkans. The Caucasian Albanian name could be the remnant of the Macedonian expansion towards Asia. Alexander the Great had recruited Illyrian soldiers for his campaign against Persia and later India.
Alexander the Great:

http://www.geocities.com/protoillyrian/serb.h...
DARDAN

Ireland

#21 Sep 22, 2009
mkCODE wrote:
<quoted text>
Albanians are hardly 15% in Macedonia, and still immigrating while their narcotic business is growing..
Albanians are hard core Muslims, like their brothers form Azerbaijan from where they originates. To be native on the Balkans means to be Christen, which you are certainly not!
christen mean from the Holy Land of Israel ,a poor Slav uprising,remember Kosova War

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Europe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serbia must accept Kosovo plan or risk isolatio... (Apr '13) 10 min Nenadjebivi_III 79
Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation (Jan '14) 25 min servonazis 11,134
Video of Greek army creates controversy in region 27 min AriArmen 735
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 43 min Pro Ukraine 11,520
What can Britain do about the jihadists returni... (Dec '13) 1 hr Hugh Janus 201
The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... 1 hr Tm clms 45
Juncker admits the EU has limited capacity to h... 2 hr Zeppelin 7
More from around the web