Sal

Bronx, NY

#850 Jul 28, 2012
RomanticStyle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated all dominicans are black I'm talking about the ones I know/celebrities. Mexico to agentina is latino isn't p.r cuba and d.r/haiti hispanic countries? I aslo stated that I have dark skin it was the troll screaming that I was light skinned. I am 7shades darker than my mom(mexican) and the rest of my familia. And still proud I have no identity crisis what so ever. I've seen dominicans blacker than me swore they are european. I make my comments toward the "black" dominicans and those mullatos that look straight black.
Nah, you were making a generalized statement about an entire ethnicity of people, just read some of your previous comments on here. Haiti actually isn't a Hispanic country. Haiti is a Latino country, but not a Hispanic one. Mind sharing with us Dominican celebrities besides Sammy Sosa that you're referring to? Surly you're not making such generalizations solely on one or two Dominican celebrities, right? I also always get a good knee slapper whenever people like you claim to meet very notably Black Dominicans who claim they're White or Indian. It's a very redundant tactic trolls like using, but it's an obvious lie. I've never seen those kind of Dominicans my entire life despite growing up around Dominicans here in the US and over in DR, but somehow you do on an often basis? Black Dominicans usually refer to themselves by the term Moreno or Morena (depending on gender) which basically means a Black or dark skinned individual. When they don't refer to themselves as Moreno, they refer to themselves as negro instead, which also means a Black person.
Christina

Harvey, LA

#853 Aug 5, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I am Dominican and all of my family is light skinned, good hair, colored eyes, etc. 89% of Dominicans are MULATTO/WHITE. & yes we do "cling" to our Spanish ancestry because while African Americans might have white in them, they come from AFRICA. If it were not for Spaniards, DOMINICANS WOULD NOT EXIST. Our FOUNDING FATHERS were WHITE, as was our WHOLE COUNTRY until the AFRICAN SLAVES which made up Haiti invaded our country and raped our women, and not to mention destroyed our economy. Our ancestors were not slaves of Spaniards, you are very sadly uninformed.
You don't know your own country's history, so let me educate you. The land (once known as Hispaniola) was inhabited by Taino Indians who called the Island Ayiti (that's Haiti if you didn't know). The slave trade brought about 90% of the slaves to the caribbean (this is where your much denied black side comes in) one part of the island was ruled by the French (Haiti, which is why we speak Creole and French) and the other side by Spain (which is why we speak Spanish).

I have been to D.R. toooooo many times in my life and have study some statistics to know that 89% are NOT Mulatto/White, actually its Mulatto/Dark Skinned (since some of our people are sensitive to being called black). The TRUE fathers of your country were actually Indians who were brown skinned. White men brought more dark skinned people to the island and raped them, which is why you have the mulattos. Then you had the stupid Trujillo era where this crazy president actually convinced the entire nation for 30 years that being light is right (which is why I think most Dominicans try to claim they are not also black)and to kill the Haitians (that along with the immigration process and history makes me think that some Dominicans don't like Haitians).

Also, D.R's economy seems to be doing well despite the Haitians that are over there.(Actually many Americans don't like Hispanics because they think we are taking all their jobs and keep entering the borders illegally, you must have forgot how it hurts to be talked down to in this countries like you do the Haitians in D.R.)

You're Welcome.
Anonymous

United States

#854 Aug 5, 2012
Christina wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know your own country's history, so let me educate you. The land (once known as Hispaniola) was inhabited by Taino Indians who called the Island Ayiti (that's Haiti if you didn't know). The slave trade brought about 90% of the slaves to the caribbean (this is where your much denied black side comes in) one part of the island was ruled by the French (Haiti, which is why we speak Creole and French) and the other side by Spain (which is why we speak Spanish).
I have been to D.R. toooooo many times in my life and have study some statistics to know that 89% are NOT Mulatto/White, actually its Mulatto/Dark Skinned (since some of our people are sensitive to being called black). The TRUE fathers of your country were actually Indians who were brown skinned. White men brought more dark skinned people to the island and raped them, which is why you have the mulattos. Then you had the stupid Trujillo era where this crazy president actually convinced the entire nation for 30 years that being light is right (which is why I think most Dominicans try to claim they are not also black)and to kill the Haitians (that along with the immigration process and history makes me think that some Dominicans don't like Haitians).
Also, D.R's economy seems to be doing well despite the Haitians that are over there.(Actually many Americans don't like Hispanics because they think we are taking all their jobs and keep entering the borders illegally, you must have forgot how it hurts to be talked down to in this countries like you do the Haitians in D.R.)
You're Welcome.
So true I had a dominican boyfriend who swore he wasn't black. He had tan skin nappy hair etc. Now I'm dating a mexican guy who's family has no problem with me. To there surprize as well as my ex my mom is mexican and I look straight black.
Sal

United States

#855 Aug 5, 2012
RomanticStyle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true I had a dominican boyfriend who swore he wasn't black. He had tan skin nappy hair etc. Now I'm dating a mexican guy who's family has no problem with me. To there surprize as well as my ex my mom is mexican and I look straight black.
YAAAAAWN, 4/10. You're getting worse at this. Also, why haven't you answered my previous questions? I'll take it as a sign of defeat.
Sal

United States

#856 Aug 5, 2012
Christina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Welcome.
Lol, this again? Just go back to page 32 of this topic and you'll see I've already proved you folks wrong. Save me the hassle of repeating myself, thanks.
Christina

Harvey, LA

#859 Aug 7, 2012
Sal wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, this again? Just go back to page 32 of this topic and you'll see I've already proved you folks wrong. Save me the hassle of repeating myself, thanks.
Actually, you didn't prove me wrong at all. I never said that Dominicans weren't of mixed ethnicity. Actually stated that 89% were MULATTOES to dark skin. I was just merely explaining how the African side became part of their bloodline.

Reading Comprehension is vital.
Sal

Bronx, NY

#860 Aug 7, 2012
Christina wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you didn't prove me wrong at all. I never said that Dominicans weren't of mixed ethnicity. Actually stated that 89% were MULATTOES to dark skin. I was just merely explaining how the African side became part of their bloodline.
You were mostly correct in your history lesson, but the phenotype amongst the Dominican population is more diverse then you're making it to be. Maybe I'm mistaking you for yet another troll? Because it seems you're negating the lighter and white skinned individuals in our ethnic group, and I'm wonder if it's due to you being yet another person trying to enforce the black label on us? I'm just sayin'.
Christina

Harvey, LA

#861 Aug 7, 2012
Sal wrote:
<quoted text>You were mostly correct in your history lesson, but the phenotype amongst the Dominican population is more diverse then you're making it to be. Maybe I'm mistaking you for yet another troll? Because it seems you're negating the lighter and white skinned individuals in our ethnic group, and I'm wonder if it's due to you being yet another person trying to enforce the black label on us? I'm just sayin'.
I'm not trying to negate that there are lighter and white Dominicans, I know they are there but I merely wanted to let her know that most of the country are not mulatto and white like she falsely stated and why It's like that. I know Dominicans are proud people who just want to be considered Dominicans. If you want to be considered blanco, indio, or whatever else that's really on you, I don't care, but don't provide wrong information.
Sal

Bronx, NY

#862 Aug 7, 2012
Christina wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention that Jay wasn't entirely wrong when they said that 89% of the Dominican population consists of Mulatto and White. 73% are mixed, 16% are white, and since 73 + 16 = 89 that would mean Jay is basically correct. Here's the source.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
Anonymous

United States

#863 Aug 7, 2012
Christina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to negate that there are lighter and white Dominicans, I know they are there but I merely wanted to let her know that most of the country are not mulatto and white like she falsely stated and why It's like that. I know Dominicans are proud people who just want to be considered Dominicans. If you want to be considered blanco, indio, or whatever else that's really on you, I don't care, but don't provide wrong information.
I wouldn't respond to it anymore. All the he/she is gonna do is say 73% this or that, I know people who went to d.r came back and said a lot of them looked black. Not saying all of them are,but put 2 and 2 together slaverly lasted 400+ years all over the americas how the hell there's "no black" that whole island was called haiti. Not d.r and haiti that's fuckin retarded just look at spain with the box portugal. Even trinidad and tobago share the same flag. Dominican rep flag looks like they copied dominica which they did in reality. Its borning they swear to know so much about their itty bitty city comitty but go by "statics". Jamaican static 90%black 7% indian(tainos) 3%white. Now most idiot who are dominican didn't even know the "west indies"better known as jamaica had indians on that island along with the rest of the carribean. They also say d.r is part of latin america really? Ain't it called hispanola? Haiti also would be cosidered hispanic country but more on the french side. They even had the same statics for panama they said 40% native indian 50%white 5%mullato 5%black then it was 55%indian 35%white 15%mullato and 5%black. Then they corrected themselves once more 55% indian 45%black 5% white 5%mesito in that static they didn't meantion mullato. Like I always tell idiots don't always belive these statics unless proven true like the teen pregnancy epidemic. People always thought there wasn't that many blacks in latin america sure was a shock. Like many others always say don't let what you see on telemundo fool you. Talkin to that troll is a waste of time I'm glad you be educating these dumb fucks.
Christina

Harvey, LA

#865 Aug 7, 2012
RomanticStyle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't respond to it anymore. All the he/she is gonna do is say 73% this or that, I know people who went to d.r came back and said a lot of them looked black. Not saying all of them are,but put 2 and 2 together slaverly lasted 400+ years all over the americas how the hell there's "no black" that whole island was called haiti. Not d.r and haiti that's fuckin retarded just look at spain with the box portugal. Even trinidad and tobago share the same flag. Dominican rep flag looks like they copied dominica which they did in reality. Its borning they swear to know so much about their itty bitty city comitty but go by "statics". Jamaican static 90%black 7% indian(tainos) 3%white. Now most idiot who are dominican didn't even know the "west indies"better known as jamaica had indians on that island along with the rest of the carribean. They also say d.r is part of latin america really? Ain't it called hispanola? Haiti also would be cosidered hispanic country but more on the french side. They even had the same statics for panama they said 40% native indian 50%white 5%mullato 5%black then it was 55%indian 35%white 15%mullato and 5%black. Then they corrected themselves once more 55% indian 45%black 5% white 5%mesito in that static they didn't meantion mullato. Like I always tell idiots don't always belive these statics unless proven true like the teen pregnancy epidemic. People always thought there wasn't that many blacks in latin america sure was a shock. Like many others always say don't let what you see on telemundo fool you. Talkin to that troll is a waste of time I'm glad you be educating these dumb fucks.
Thanks and you're right, there really is nothing more I wish to add to the comments anymore.
Sal

Bronx, NY

#867 Aug 7, 2012
RomanticStyle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. If these people you claim to know went to places like the county's capital or Punta Cana then yes, you'll see some notably black Dominicans, I never said there weren't black Dominicans. The countries ethnic diversity varies from region to region.
2. The people of DR were actually living on the island of Hispaniola about 300 years before Haiti or it's people even came to existence, even longer for those with indigenous ancestry (which is the majority of Dominicans). The island being named Haiti by the natives (or more like Ayiti, to be more exact) is really irrelevant and doesn't show correlation between the people of Haiti and DR, derp. Some Natives tribes called Hispaniola Ayiti, others called it Quisqueya or other names.
3. Yes, the West Indian islands had Indians, and I've seen some very light skinned Jamaicans, but the admixture of these islands are usually more notably African. You said it yourself that static say 90% of Jamaicans are black, derp. There are exception to this of course, The people of Trinidad come to mind. Also, Trinidad and Tobago share the same flag because they're the same country divided in two islands, you're wrong yet again, derp.
4. Haiti isn't a Hispanic country. Learn the difference between Latino and Hispanic, you derp.
5. Finally, this doesn't lie: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc...

I'll give you a 5/10 this time. As always you weren't very good, but you sure wrote a lot of shit.

Anonymous

United States

#868 Aug 8, 2012
Christina wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks and you're right, there really is nothing more I wish to add to the comments anymore.
Yeah same here :-) the african american forums are more funnier. I was drinking a soda and read some ones comment I was choking with laughter. The comments are priceless go to any one like: Black women want mixed babies/ black women sell out to white man/black women hate being black there's a lot of forums. Mostly bashing black women trolls these days you'll get a good laugh from those.
Sal

United States

#870 Aug 8, 2012
RomanticStyle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah same here :-) the african american forums are more funnier. I was drinking a soda and read some ones comment I was choking with laughter. The comments are priceless go to any one like: Black women want mixed babies/ black women sell out to white man/black women hate being black there's a lot of forums. Mostly bashing black women trolls these days you'll get a good laugh from those.
That sounds a lot like the kind of dumb crap you smear all over these Dominican forums, coincidence? I think not.
Proud Dominican

Wilmington, DE

#872 Aug 8, 2012
This is so stupid!!!! Like HISPANIC HATERS GET A LIFE YOU OBVIOUSLY WANT TO BE HISPANIC OTHER WISE YOU WOULDN'T BE TALKING SHIT! WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OTHER RACE! YOU DON'T SEE US COMING OUT OF THE BLUE SAYING THAT WE HATE AFRICAN AMERICANS OR ANY OTHER RACE! ANYWAYS IF WE DID WE'D BASCILY BE SAYING WE HATE OURSELVES WHICH ISN'T REALLY A SMART TO SAY! ALSO I KNOW NOT ONE DOMINICAN WHO WISHES THEY WERE WHITE WE ARE PERFECTLY FINE THE WAY OUR GOD CREATED US, AD HAVEN'T YOU GUYS FUCKING READ THE TERMS? GOODNIGHT AND HOPE I'VE PERSAUDED YOU GUYS TO GET A FUCKING LIFE:--)
Christina

Harvey, LA

#873 Aug 9, 2012
Proud Dominican wrote:
This is so stupid!!!! Like HISPANIC HATERS GET A LIFE YOU OBVIOUSLY WANT TO BE HISPANIC OTHER WISE YOU WOULDN'T BE TALKING SHIT! WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OTHER RACE! YOU DON'T SEE US COMING OUT OF THE BLUE SAYING THAT WE HATE AFRICAN AMERICANS OR ANY OTHER RACE! ANYWAYS IF WE DID WE'D BASCILY BE SAYING WE HATE OURSELVES WHICH ISN'T REALLY A SMART TO SAY! ALSO I KNOW NOT ONE DOMINICAN WHO WISHES THEY WERE WHITE WE ARE PERFECTLY FINE THE WAY OUR GOD CREATED US, AD HAVEN'T YOU GUYS FUCKING READ THE TERMS? GOODNIGHT AND HOPE I'VE PERSAUDED YOU GUYS TO GET A FUCKING LIFE:--)
Unfortunately, I have heard some Hispanics say they hate African-Americans and vice versa. Not everyone has common sense or is smart. Look, you can really only speak for yourself and your experiences. If YOU never heard someone say something then all that proves is that YOU never heard it. You can't speak for every hispanic because they are not all the same. I've heard some things come out of mexicans, dominicans, etc mouth that people on here say that their people would never say. It's all on what you've experienced.
Anonymous

United States

#875 Aug 9, 2012
Proud Dominican wrote:
Oh and forgot to meation who hasn't heard a dominican say they hate african americans. I even heard more than one dominican say that while in the states. I even like 3 african americans say the same thing but to black women and mexicans. About skin color some of these black men stated the only way they'll date a black dark skin girl if she's not american. They tend to hate mexicans more I'm half mexican so it shocked them because I look (african american). Btw I have a life I travel and if I go on topix I'm using a mobile phone not sitting infront of a labtop like you did when you wrote this :-) well,goodnight.
Sal

United States

#876 Aug 9, 2012
RomanticStyle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and forgot to meation who hasn't heard a dominican say they hate african americans. I even heard more than one dominican say that while in the states. I even like 3 african americans say the same thing but to black women and mexicans. About skin color some of these black men stated the only way they'll date a black dark skin girl if she's not american. They tend to hate mexicans more I'm half mexican so it shocked them because I look (african american). Btw I have a life I travel and if I go on topix I'm using a mobile phone not sitting infront of a labtop like you did when you wrote this :-) well,goodnight.

Has a life > says the troll. 1/10
Anonymous

United States

#877 Aug 11, 2012
Sal wrote:
<quoted text>
Has a life > says the troll. 1/10
Actually its the 1st time I said "I have a life" on topix I work have family to take care of etc. Life for a real adult can be stressful little girl but coming on here to see trolls like you make it all better. But since you over trolled I loss intrest like a man who was once healthy is over weight because twinkes and mamitas ices in nueva york is just better than salad and tofo. So I'm bored now it was fun at 1st but you go overboard like this one troll on YT. Troll a little here and there but not every damn day and to the same person. There's a varity of people here not just me. The ones you would call trolls are the ones that start stupid/racist threads simular to this one. How ever this one isn't racist its just stating fact. I'm not gonna respond to you anymore you say the same shit over and over so that= a defeated troll. You lost but can't seem to cop with it so you continue to comment to me in hopes of screaming "I'll take that as a sign of defeat" if you continue to respond that means I got to you and I'm always on your mind. So I have control over you, if I don't have control over you prove me wrong. If you don't respond that shows me I have no control over you but if you do respond I win again.
DominicanAllDay

Brooklyn, NY

#878 Aug 13, 2012
Im dominican and im mix with white but i'm not black skin and let me tell you something ya are haters why your saying dominican wanna be white the f**k is your problem -.- so don't be talking about our hispanic sexy races ok cause you wish you was us dumb f**ks stop the hate already .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dominican Republic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Dominicans want to be White! (Sep '11) Nov 17 Glori M 134
Man who slapped woman on train can't wear 8-bal... Nov 15 Robert Burns 3
Why do Dominicans Practice Witcraft Voodoo Wicc... (Mar '13) Nov 12 aye mami 29
Dominican Voodoo Nov 12 aye mami 2
Why can't we all get along Nov 12 Yatusabez 1
Dominicans are ALL BLACK!!!! Nov 12 Maria917 8
ppl from Dominican rep...alert Nov 9 Joa 3

Dominican Republic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE