The Future of Cameroonians Living abroad.

Posted in the Cameroon Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Jul 29, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Motome Mtue

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Cameroonians,
Many have fled our beloved country, because of many reasons. so the question here is, what will become of the 70%of youths who are out of Cameroon today just because they could not find jobs or any other opportunity to live in our beloved country Cameroon?
Motome

Stirling, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

They'll have a better life.
ndop

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

let biya live,we may have a charnge.u all know.
ADIYA

Greenbelt, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

THE GOD WHO BOUGHT US OUT OF BONDAGE WILL SURELY SEE US THROUGH,MY WORRIES ARE THOSE WHO ARE STILL INSIDE THE COUNTRY OF MR BIYA
ADIYA

Greenbelt, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

Mr BIYA has made the country a kingdom he should go ahead GOD'S hand of mercy will surely descend one day to liberate the cameroonian
big v

La Crosse, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

Mr Biya thinks we can die like chickens. we have just started to show him that we are smart and can survive on our own
mary

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

why woun't we run? even food is a problem
Ramad

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

If people like Mombutu, Doe, Idi Amin could be gone, then no tyrant is inevitable. The eyes of God is recording.
Ramad

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

We can begin to sing the redemtion song for Cameroon right now. It is not going to be long anymore for our liberation.
CHE

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2008

I LEFT 20 YEARS AGO AND NOW LIVING VERY COMFORTABLY HERE AS A US CITIZEN. I BURNT MY LA REPUBLIQUE DU CAMEROON PASSPORT YEARS AGO. I AM A PROUD AMERICAN AND A PROUD SOUNTHERN CAMEROONS NATIONAL. I ONLY HURT FOR THOSE OF OUR NATIONALS STILL UNDER THE BONDAGE OF LA REPUBLIQUE...I NEVER INTEND TO GO BACK INTO THAT BONDAGE...GOB BLESS AMERICA!!!
Lawrence Cumber

Derby, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Its really difficult in most occassions to deal with issues of the heart like this. What's really the future of the Cameroonian who's left and wants to return home? Would he be doing so in style or like a prodigal?
Although this might seem an individual decision, there is absolutely no known determinant that would ignite that desire to go back and have a save landing....
Ron

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2008

I am living in europe for a verz verz long time and decided to visit cameroon the zear last. Douala Airport is gotten worser. whz can the government not used the airport taxes and renovate this Airport ? migration polices neglected my nationalitz passport but insisted on my ID ... whao that stuff expired 15 years ago . monkey go chop stone- Ha wah wah wah for mz conkri
Godwill

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

We are happy to be in U S A and to become US citizen if JESUS Christ tarries.We all both abroad and at home have failed politically that`s why Mr Biya has taken advandage.
Julius from Stockholm

Stockholm, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

CHE wrote:
I LEFT 20 YEARS AGO AND NOW LIVING VERY COMFORTABLY HERE AS A US CITIZEN. I BURNT MY LA REPUBLIQUE DU CAMEROON PASSPORT YEARS AGO. I AM A PROUD AMERICAN AND A PROUD SOUNTHERN CAMEROONS NATIONAL. I ONLY HURT FOR THOSE OF OUR NATIONALS STILL UNDER THE BONDAGE OF LA REPUBLIQUE...I NEVER INTEND TO GO BACK INTO THAT BONDAGE...GOB BLESS AMERICA!!!
Hi Mr CHE,
With all due respect, I think there is some contradiction in what you are saying. What has Cameroon as a country done wrong? Should one be a proud American simply because he or she holds an American passport? I simply wants to say that country leaders(bad or good) come and go but the country remains just as the name CHE shall remain a typical Cameroon name.
Lawrence Cumber

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

@Julius, I strongly second you in your line of thinking and method of approach. Home is home as we say. If the root is uprooted the pivot is off.
Having an American Passport and living comfortably in America does not guarantee that your subconscious does not do a warning check on Who you are, where you've come from and what you've not done for that Mami or Papa of yours who had to toil so hard to make ends meet. Also,some back there might have lend you a helping hand before you became what you've become.
CameroonRocks

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2009

Now, it is our problem. We got into this mess because of not taking responsibility for our own country. This Victimization and Justification is a disease that has affected all of Africa:
http://maventime.com/node/113
wilbert asong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Mr biya once said he counts on cameroonians and cameroonians could count on him, can he still say that today? This man does not care about the country he has been president of for more 26yrs.He has no new ideas,he has curropted the whole coutry to his advantage.can he really say what his legacy would be like? Good leaders are known by the people they suround themselves with. Mr president since the bug stops with you can your government allow business people to start businesses tax free for 2yrs? UAS
oust Biya

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

if you are truly concerned about cameroon and the people who are still there, make a move to oust Biya and bring the leader that will truly give his heart to the people.
i am a foreigner engage to a man from Bamenda and I wish to be in Cameroon soon!
CameroonRocks

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Yes Brother. We all need to take responsibility.
We need to all take responsibility for making the changes in Cameroon. I like what this article says. The change in Cameroon will come about when each of us take responsibility to make the change.

"Of course I am not superman. I am merely human. I have my order of priorities in life. But nonetheless, the responsibility for the issues in Cameroon, starts with me. Unless I take responsibility for all the problems that I see in Cameroon, who can I count on to do so? No, it all starts from me. The buck stops right here, with me."
http://maventime.com/node/120
Bamenda - netherlands

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

It is really a difficult situation. But of course most of us abroad invest home which goes to help the economy. It is difficult with this acquired mentality to break through with any mission home. If those abroad could form a joint kind of NGO, intended to home developement then maybe it can help. I mean leadership strictly for cameroonians abroad. And maybe request foreign aids. One may go home one a project based term and see how things unfold

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cameroon Discussions

Search the Cameroon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ibogaine hcl and iboga root barks for sale (Sep '09) Jul 15 abaddon 187
Why do Cameroonian MEN try to behave like Niger... (Nov '06) Jul 13 JustMe 48
Cameroon Africian Men in Bed Jul 13 JustMe 1
Fuel Price Increase: important updates Jul 10 Bessem 1
Be an illuminati member and become rich and fam... (Aug '13) Jul 10 Clinton 7
Authomatic Ssd Solution For Cleaning Defaced Ba... (Oct '12) Jul 6 shaam 7
Cameroon's president forms new gov't of 37 mini... (Dec '11) Jul 4 chris fokum muna 5
•••
•••