My 1001th Post, Celebrating our Khmer Empire Cronicle, 1955 Academic Study

Posted in the Cambodia Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 1, 2012
 
OUTLINE OF CAMBODIAN HISTORY

Prehistoric times: Tibeto-Burmans, a Mongoloid tribe, migrate from India to Southeast Asia.
3000 About this time the ancestors of Negritos, Australoids and Melanesians migrate to Southern India, the Andamans, Ceylon, the Celebes, Papua and Australia. 2000 About this time begins large movement of peoples from Yunnan and Tibet = Proto-Malayans, to Indochina and Indonesia. They are Neolithic peoples.

1500-500 Aryan invasion of India - The Mon and Khmer tribes flee to Indo-China; the Mons first to Lower Burma, then along the Menam valley into the Siamese interior. The Khmers move to Cambodia; the two tribes meet. Present in the area are the Chams (in the area of Annam) and the Malays (in their peninsula), both of Polynesian (or Austronesian) stock.

850 Death of Jayavarman II. His authority in Northern Cambodia did not extend beyond the region of the Great Lake. His reign made a great impression upon his kingdom, founding its greatness, and especially of the far-reaching claims of its ruling authority. He began the pyramid-sanctuary as the center of the royal city. At its summit - the center of the universe - the Deva-raja entered into a relationship with the divine world. He himself was the god to whom in his
own lifetime the temple was dedicated; at his death it became his mausoleum. Son and successor is Jayavarman III. He has a passion for hunting elephants.

1218 Jayavarman was a Buddhist. Under him, Cambodia reached from Lower Burma to Annam, from the Bay of Bengal to the China Sea: The Thai prince of Laos acknowledges suzerainty and boundaries touch China. In the South, includes all Siam, Cambodia and Cochin-China and part of the Malay peninsula.

1270 Rama Khamheng (married daughter of Jayavarman VII?) ascends the throne of Sukhot'ai. He and Mangrai (a T'ai prince who conquered the old Mon kingdom of Haripunjaya in the Meping valley and built Chiengmai as capital) establish close relations with Kublai Khan. They begin attacks on the Khmers.

1350 Foundation of Ayut'ia, a new Thai kingdom; king Ramadhipati soon becomes master of Siam and Laos (C-I). Siamese attacks on Cambodia begin (to 1431) thatdestroy much of the reservoirs and other hydraulic works, making much of the Angkor Thom area uninhabitable.

http://www.sleepinbuff.com/6chronology.pdf

Angkor Empire, George B. Walker, Signet Press, Calcutta, 1955

An Ancient Hindu Colony in Cambodia, R.C. Majumdar, University of Madras, 1944
King Rama

Mechanicsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 1, 2012
 
Congrats Champa, and thank you for sharing. Keep up with the good work.
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 1, 2012
 
Champa wrote:
OUTLINE OF CAMBODIAN HISTORY
Prehistoric times: Tibeto-Burmans, a Mongoloid tribe, migrate from India to Southeast Asia.
3000 About this time the ancestors of Negritos, Australoids and Melanesians migrate to Southern India, the Andamans, Ceylon, the Celebes, Papua and Australia. 2000 About this time begins large movement of peoples from Yunnan and Tibet = Proto-Malayans, to Indochina and Indonesia. They are Neolithic peoples.
1500-500 Aryan invasion of India - The Mon and Khmer tribes flee to Indo-China; the Mons first to Lower Burma, then along the Menam valley into the Siamese interior. The Khmers move to Cambodia; the two tribes meet. Present in the area are the Chams (in the area of Annam) and the Malays (in their peninsula), both of Polynesian (or Austronesian) stock.
850 Death of Jayavarman II. His authority in Northern Cambodia did not extend beyond the region of the Great Lake. His reign made a great impression upon his kingdom, founding its greatness, and especially of the far-reaching claims of its ruling authority. He began the pyramid-sanctuary as the center of the royal city. At its summit - the center of the universe - the Deva-raja entered into a relationship with the divine world. He himself was the god to whom in his
own lifetime the temple was dedicated; at his death it became his mausoleum. Son and successor is Jayavarman III. He has a passion for hunting elephants.
1218 Jayavarman was a Buddhist. Under him, Cambodia reached from Lower Burma to Annam, from the Bay of Bengal to the China Sea: The Thai prince of Laos acknowledges suzerainty and boundaries touch China. In the South, includes all Siam, Cambodia and Cochin-China and part of the Malay peninsula.
1270 Rama Khamheng (married daughter of Jayavarman VII?) ascends the throne of Sukhot'ai. He and Mangrai (a T'ai prince who conquered the old Mon kingdom of Haripunjaya in the Meping valley and built Chiengmai as capital) establish close relations with Kublai Khan. They begin attacks on the Khmers.
1350 Foundation of Ayut'ia, a new Thai kingdom; king Ramadhipati soon becomes master of Siam and Laos (C-I). Siamese attacks on Cambodia begin (to 1431) thatdestroy much of the reservoirs and other hydraulic works, making much of the Angkor Thom area uninhabitable.
http://www.sleepinbuff.com/6chronology.pdf
Angkor Empire, George B. Walker, Signet Press, Calcutta, 1955
An Ancient Hindu Colony in Cambodia, R.C. Majumdar, University of Madras, 1944
Champa, I know you prefer to live in your fantasy land with the fake history and I am glad you started reading history books, even it is a fake version.:-)

I did a deep study on Funan, Chenla and Ayudhaya and I resently wrote about Jayavarman II, the figure portrait by the French as a "Khmer" king who is the father of Angkor.

It's all fake, based on pure imagination.

I am too lazy to repeat it just for only you; read the whole thread for my lecture here.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/cambodia/TM8...
SpongeBob

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 1, 2012
 
Without any doubt, everyone knows that without VN, Siamese would swallow Khmer Land long time ago! Wahahhahahaha!
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 1, 2012
 
SpongeBob wrote:
Without any doubt, everyone knows that without VN, Siamese would swallow Khmer Land long time ago! Wahahhahahaha!
Your statement is not correct. Let me give you a lecture of SEA mainland history.

Before the French came, there was no country called "Cambodia" and "Laos"; there were only Siam, Burma and Yuan.

The land where Cambodia locates today used to be part of Siam and in some short period belonged to Yuan (depended on who was the king of Phnom Pehn)

Phnom Pehn is considered a major city of Siam; kings of Phnom Pehn were crowned to the throne by Bangkok (only a few were crowned by Yuan)

When the French colonists took over VN, they took the land from Siam and created a country between Vietnam and Thailand called "Cambodia" using the ruin temple as the symbol of the newly created nation (see Cambodia flag).

They created an identity of "Cambodia" and linked it to "Khmer" while in the reality, Khmers are just a minority in Siam.

Then they started to create other components of the new identity, such as Khmer dance, Muay Khmer etc. all of which are identical to those of Thais. They only changed the prefix and the costume.

And they created a story that Siam took all culture from Cambodia (which never exist) so it's their right to copy it back!!

I've posted a documentary on Youtube showing that what they called Apsara dance is actually a copy of Thai court dance.

Nobody could argue with me. They only say that "Siam copied the dance from Cambodia since the 14th century, so it's ok for Khmers to copy it back"

WTF!

ha ha ha ..:-)
The choice we make

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 1, 2012
 
Leeporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement is not correct. Let me give you a lecture of SEA mainland history.
Before the French came, there was no country called "Cambodia" and "Laos"; there were only Siam, Burma and Yuan.
The land where Cambodia locates today used to be part of Siam and in some short period belonged to Yuan (depended on who was the king of Phnom Pehn)
Phnom Pehn is considered a major city of Siam; kings of Phnom Pehn were crowned to the throne by Bangkok (only a few were crowned by Yuan)
When the French colonists took over VN, they took the land from Siam and created a country between Vietnam and Thailand called "Cambodia" using the ruin temple as the symbol of the newly created nation (see Cambodia flag).
They created an identity of "Cambodia" and linked it to "Khmer" while in the reality, Khmers are just a minority in Siam.
Then they started to create other components of the new identity, such as Khmer dance, Muay Khmer etc. all of which are identical to those of Thais. They only changed the prefix and the costume.
And they created a story that Siam took all culture from Cambodia (which never exist) so it's their right to copy it back!!
I've posted a documentary on Youtube showing that what they called Apsara dance is actually a copy of Thai court dance.
Nobody could argue with me. They only say that "Siam copied the dance from Cambodia since the 14th century, so it's ok for Khmers to copy it back"
WTF!
ha ha ha ..:-)
No one could argue with you, uh?. You don't learn anything about Khmer history, did you?. If you think that there was no Khmer Empire existed, so tell us about your Tai Empire.
khmers

Clive, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 1, 2012
 
Leeporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement is not correct. Let me give you a lecture of SEA mainland history.
Before the French came, there was no country called "Cambodia" and "Laos"; there were only Siam, Burma and Yuan.
The land where Cambodia locates today used to be part of Siam and in some short period belonged to Yuan (depended on who was the king of Phnom Pehn)
Phnom Pehn is considered a major city of Siam; kings of Phnom Pehn were crowned to the throne by Bangkok (only a few were crowned by Yuan)
When the French colonists took over VN, they took the land from Siam and created a country between Vietnam and Thailand called "Cambodia" using the ruin temple as the symbol of the newly created nation (see Cambodia flag).
They created an identity of "Cambodia" and linked it to "Khmer" while in the reality, Khmers are just a minority in Siam.
Then they started to create other components of the new identity, such as Khmer dance, Muay Khmer etc. all of which are identical to those of Thais. They only changed the prefix and the costume.
And they created a story that Siam took all culture from Cambodia (which never exist) so it's their right to copy it back!!
I've posted a documentary on Youtube showing that what they called Apsara dance is actually a copy of Thai court dance.
Nobody could argue with me. They only say that "Siam copied the dance from Cambodia since the 14th century, so it's ok for Khmers to copy it back"
WTF!
ha ha ha ..:-)
can you help khmers expanse more bigger?
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 1, 2012
 
The choice we make wrote:
<quoted text>
No one could argue with you, uh?. You don't learn anything about Khmer history, did you?. If you think that there was no Khmer Empire existed, so tell us about your Tai Empire.
There was no "Khmer Empire"

The most detailed history of SEA was recorded only in Chinese annals (and only a few by Arab)

I couldn't find "Khmer Empire" in any of Chinese annals.

There are record of only Funan which started before the 1st century which later became Chenla and Srivijaya during 400-700 AD and later became Sian-Lor (Siam-Lavo) during 1200-1400AD.

The term "Khmer Empire" was created in 19-20 century by the French historians who came much later.

If you insist that "Khmer Empire" did exist, give me what Chinese annal said about it.
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 1, 2012
 
khmers wrote:
<quoted text>can you help khmers expanse more bigger?
You mean to expand the land for Khmers?

No need, today we have a lot of Khmers all over Bangkok.

They already took over every flyovers in Bangkok.

:-)
The choice we make

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 1, 2012
 
Leeporter wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no "Khmer Empire"
The most detailed history of SEA was recorded only in Chinese annals (and only a few by Arab)
I couldn't find "Khmer Empire" in any of Chinese annals.
There are record of only Funan which started before the 1st century which later became Chenla and Srivijaya during 400-700 AD and later became Sian-Lor (Siam-Lavo) during 1200-1400AD.
The term "Khmer Empire" was created in 19-20 century by the French historians who came much later.
If you insist that "Khmer Empire" did exist, give me what Chinese annal said about it.
The problem you have is you read only China records.
The choice we make

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 1, 2012
 
Leeporter wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean to expand the land for Khmers?
No need, today we have a lot of Khmers all over Bangkok.
They already took over every flyovers in Bangkok.
:-)
Very good! Now, lets them learn Khmer language.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 1, 2012
 
King Rama wrote:
Congrats Champa, and thank you for sharing. Keep up with the good work.
Even just reading this post alone, we can see how agressive the Siam baboons are. They cant have enough of our culture. On the other hand, we also have the silent but dirty Youn savages, hiding in the jungle, waiting for the agressive Siam baboons to attack us before launching another genocidal cause.

But as we Khmer once taught these Siam baboons how to talk and write, we will always forgive them.
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 1, 2012
 
The choice we make wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem you have is you read only China records.
Chinese merchants and ambassadors are the only people who witnessed and recorded what was going on in SEA 1000+ year ago.

All of history books about Funan, Chenla, Srivijaya etc. written by westerners are based on Chinese's record.

If you don't want me to depend on China records then what should I depend on? The fake version written by the Frenches which is written later during the colonial period?

The French just recently added "Khmer Empire" into the history with no evidence found in the Chinese's record at all.

They picked up a group of ethnic in Siam called "Khmer" and linked them with Chenla and even to Funan, just to created a sense of continuousity to their fancy "Khmer Empire"

While in reality, we know from the Chinese's record that the power over SEA was transfered from Funan to Chenla to Srivijaya + Davaravadi and to Ayudhaya and finally to Bangkok.

In the Chinese's record, the transferation of power from Funan to Bangkok is continuous with no space left for "Khmer Empire" to exist.

Phnom Pehn was just a city under Ayudhaya and Bangkok in a later period.

The French made a tiny Phnom Pehn as the center of their fancy "Khmer Empire" and tried to link it back to Chenla's Yasodharapura.

Whie in reality, Phnom Pehn was just a city under control of Siam (and Yuan in some period)
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 2, 2012
 
The choice we make wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good! Now, lets them learn Khmer language.
Yeah, we have a huge army of Khmer taking over all flyovers in Bangkok nowaday.

See how huge Cambodian army is.

http://www.rd1677.com/backoffice/PicUpdate/65...

http://khaanontaseeha.blogspot.com/2012_04_01...

http://talk.mthai.com/uploads/2008/09/30/4647...

http://www.thairath.co.th/media/content/2011/...

http://www.komchadluek.net/media/img/size1/20...

I think this guy is Khmer's supreme commander.

Their hi-tech weapons.

http://host103.hunsa.com/img2/load_cpic.php...
The choice we make

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 2, 2012
 
Leeporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Chinese merchants and ambassadors are the only people who witnessed and recorded what was going on in SEA 1000+ year ago.
All of history books about Funan, Chenla, Srivijaya etc. written by westerners are based on Chinese's record.
If you don't want me to depend on China records then what should I depend on? The fake version written by the Frenches which is written later during the colonial period?
The French just recently added "Khmer Empire" into the history with no evidence found in the Chinese's record at all.
They picked up a group of ethnic in Siam called "Khmer" and linked them with Chenla and even to Funan, just to created a sense of continuousity to their fancy "Khmer Empire"
While in reality, we know from the Chinese's record that the power over SEA was transfered from Funan to Chenla to Srivijaya + Davaravadi and to Ayudhaya and finally to Bangkok.
In the Chinese's record, the transferation of power from Funan to Bangkok is continuous with no space left for "Khmer Empire" to exist.
Phnom Pehn was just a city under Ayudhaya and Bangkok in a later period.
The French made a tiny Phnom Pehn as the center of their fancy "Khmer Empire" and tried to link it back to Chenla's Yasodharapura.
Whie in reality, Phnom Pehn was just a city under control of Siam (and Yuan in some period)
" The French made a tiny Phnom Pehn as the center of their fancy "Khmer Empire" "

You talked like a little kid who didn't have any knowledge of Asian history at all, particularly South East history.
Leeporter

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 2, 2012
 
The choice we make wrote:
<quoted text>
You talked like a little kid who didn't have any knowledge of Asian history at all, particularly South East history.
I do, but you don't

I did a deep study of SEA from the first century to the modern time from Chinese's annals, stone inscriptions and Chronicle of Cambodia/Siam.

I did the study one year at a time for almost 2,000 years of the history of SEA and out in on a timeline in excel file that I used to collect information.

That's why I am sure that I never heard of "Khmer Empire" in "real evidence", I only heard about it from the newly created history books written by the Frenches.

How about you.
What did you read?
King Rama

Clinton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 3, 2012
 
Without a doubt, we all know, the whole world knows, that with Yak Nam, Khmer Lands are robbed in daylight by the barbaric youns.
SpongeBob wrote:
Without any doubt, everyone knows that without VN, Siamese would swallow Khmer Land long time ago! Wahahhahahaha!
King Rama

Clinton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 3, 2012
 
The barbaric, evil, and savage youns are robbers. The Siamese are thieves. Together, they form two barbaric races in Southeast Asia. These cheap, low races always do things in a cheap low, way, and they never want peace. Never once I hear them talk about peace. They always brag about how good it is to see children blown up by landmines.

Harming the harmless; blaming the blameless, they shall be faced with their fruits of evil, ten times of what they committed.
Champa wrote:
<quoted text>
Even just reading this post alone, we can see how agressive the Siam baboons are. They cant have enough of our culture. On the other hand, we also have the silent but dirty Youn savages, hiding in the jungle, waiting for the agressive Siam baboons to attack us before launching another genocidal cause.
But as we Khmer once taught these Siam baboons how to talk and write, we will always forgive them.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 3, 2012
 
King Rama wrote:
The barbaric, evil, and savage youns are robbers. The Siamese are thieves. Together, they form two barbaric races in Southeast Asia. These cheap, low races always do things in a cheap low, way, and they never want peace. Never once I hear them talk about peace. They always brag about how good it is to see children blown up by landmines.
Harming the harmless; blaming the blameless, they shall be faced with their fruits of evil, ten times of what they committed.
<quoted text>
Only thought it was just the dirty Youns that laugh when our Khmer villager dies, but the Siam baboons are just as bad. Stuck between the 2 most evil races in the world, and the most uneducated peasant farmer as a PM for the past 33 years, how can we Khmer survive to last another 33 years?
Lie Porter wrote:
I am just waiting to hear another news tomorrow of Thai patrol shooting another monkey.

ha ha ha... It's real fun. <quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/cambodia/TD5...
khmers

Clive, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 3, 2012
 
those yuons and siems are mad at FRENCH creating cambodia so much.

thank you so much french. you are my best friend for ever!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Cambodia Forum right now

Search the Cambodia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cambodian refugees is most dangerous Asian-Amer... (Mar '11) 47 min McQ 38
Angkor Wat Belongs to Vietnam (Jan '12) 4 hr Cilantro 247
Yuons Are Doing Stupid Thing in my Country. (Jan '14) 14 hr Drgunzet 88
Do Vietnamese hate Cambodians (May '12) Sun BEADY BUM BOILERS 257
I hate the dirty Cambodians (Jul '08) Sun BEADY BUM BOILERS 1,403
why arent khmer girls pretty. (Jul '09) Jul 26 Drgunzet 109
how to write my name in cambodian (Oct '09) Jul 22 emrathabong 18
•••
•••