The Mining Boom Is Making Australians Dumber

Jun 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Silicon Alley Insider

We've posted a few highlights from Michael Casey's The Unfair Trade , including why Chinese sweatshops can't lose and the smart way to default on a loan .

Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#1 Jun 12, 2012
I wasn't aware it could get worse?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#2 Jun 13, 2012
Elias wrote:
I wasn't aware it could get worse?
And your home country was so good and the intelligence of your people so great and your freedoms so liberal that you felt the need to become an exile and traitor to it?
Sounds rather hypochritical and ignorant of you there Elias? And it seems turning on Malasia is not the only country and people you will betray, you will even bite the hand that has given you and your third world family the right to feel safe, have equality and freedom .....
Bad form Elias...but I suppose it is expected by some of you ungratefuls....Best be careful though, else I will believe there is a reason for attacking you non whiteys for your racist attitudes....or is it just you with your hate and inadequacies of not being able to measure up to those lighter and brighter?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#3 Jun 13, 2012
Oh and P.S! You are a bigoted racist bastard, I had forgotten that for a while....Onyer bike Elias!....There are plenty of others that would jump at the chance to take your place. Bet you can't say the same for Malasia.....
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#4 Jun 13, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And your home country was so good and the intelligence of your people so great and your freedoms so liberal that you felt the need to become an exile and traitor to it?
Sounds rather hypochritical and ignorant of you there Elias? And it seems turning on Malasia is not the only country and people you will betray, you will even bite the hand that has given you and your third world family the right to feel safe, have equality and freedom .....
Bad form Elias...but I suppose it is expected by some of you ungratefuls....Best be careful though, else I will believe there is a reason for attacking you non whiteys for your racist attitudes....or is it just you with your hate and inadequacies of not being able to measure up to those lighter and brighter?
I'm just saying the mining boom couldn't make people any dumber.
sid

Brisbane, Australia

#5 Jun 13, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And your home country was so good and the intelligence of your people so great and your freedoms so liberal that you felt the need to become an exile and traitor to it?
Sounds rather hypochritical and ignorant of you there Elias? And it seems turning on Malasia is not the only country and people you will betray, you will even bite the hand that has given you and your third world family the right to feel safe, have equality and freedom .....
Bad form Elias...but I suppose it is expected by some of you ungratefuls....Best be careful though, else I will believe there is a reason for attacking you non whiteys for your racist attitudes....or is it just you with your hate and inadequacies of not being able to measure up to those lighter and brighter?
Will you please stop the jingoistic bullshit, unless you are part of the 2 or 3% of dumb avaricious australians working in the mining sector you will get sweet FA.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#6 Jun 13, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying the mining boom couldn't make people any dumber.
Yes,with your tongue in cheek, underhanded sly way?.....You are anti white for whatever reasons, so you either build a bridge or pack your bags Elias, it is that simple.....I don't appreciate your racism or bigotry when you are here on my dollar...you are not white nor were you born here, so your attitute toward Australian women and men is always insulting....You do have choices if you don't like it, that is all I am saying?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#7 Jun 13, 2012
sid wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you please stop the jingoistic bullshit, unless you are part of the 2 or 3% of dumb avaricious australians working in the mining sector you will get sweet FA.
Oh Sydney, Sid my man?....This isn't about the mining industry,(if you have been following the conversation) it's about a ignorant bigoted racist giving me the shits about his anti white Australian remarks whenever he gets the chance, please don't make it easier for him!
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#8 Jun 13, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,with your tongue in cheek, underhanded sly way?.....You are anti white for whatever reasons, so you either build a bridge or pack your bags Elias, it is that simple.....I don't appreciate your racism or bigotry when you are here on my dollar...you are not white nor were you born here, so your attitute toward Australian women and men is always insulting....You do have choices if you don't like it, that is all I am saying?
umm where did I mention race?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#9 Jun 13, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
umm where did I mention race?
You didn't have to if you understand the poster....and you are a racist against white females and males...you have a long history of insulting white Aussies on this forum, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to uncover your meaning on any of your posts and your current post is no different....
Actual Aussie

Tauranga, New Zealand

#10 Jun 13, 2012
Sorry Elias, but Ahomana does have a point about your form.

On the actual topic, yes I feel that Australia is whipping the mining industry boom's back rather vigorously as a easy way one horse donkey, and it doesn't provide a stable platform for our country's future.

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#11 Jun 13, 2012
Dumb or rich? Id rather be dumb rich not smart poor. If mining makes my nation rich go for it.

Congratulate yourself OZ.

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#12 Jun 13, 2012
Problem I see if OZ calls US dumb and OZ smart. OZ media says that. Best to ally with China. WW3 will result. Hope I'm alive to see OZ destroyed. Worst humans on planet.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#13 Jun 13, 2012
Mr Humbert wrote:
Problem I see if OZ calls US dumb and OZ smart. OZ media says that. Best to ally with China. WW3 will result. Hope I'm alive to see OZ destroyed. Worst humans on planet.
See now there you go and spoil it for yourself, you say something nice then comes the hate thing....it's your schitzo nature and you just can't help yourself, can you?...Australia IS without doubt, the best country in the world and their people and economy second to none....mull that over Humbug....
plp

Perth, Australia

#14 Jun 13, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying the mining boom couldn't make people any dumber.
Ha! don't worry about this little redneck Ahomana; she tends to think that she has some privileges over other people's opinion or views; and that because she happened to be born here we all have to agree with her, and that we all have to be subservients of her anglo masters as she is.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#16 Jun 13, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have to if you understand the poster....and you are a racist against white females and males...you have a long history of insulting white Aussies on this forum, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to uncover your meaning on any of your posts and your current post is no different....
So now you are dragging up the past, I explained myself. Of course I already know you are on the opposite end of the spectrum from a rocket scientist, but I'll hold my tongue.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#17 Jun 13, 2012
plp wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! don't worry about this little redneck Ahomana; she tends to think that she has some privileges over other people's opinion or views; and that because she happened to be born here we all have to agree with her, and that we all have to be subservients of her anglo masters as she is.
She seems to miss the actual meaning of my post. The article is making specific reference to a phenomena (the mining boom) that actually impacts on a tiny fraction of the Australian population. To make a claim that it impacts on the intelligence (IQ?) of the entire Australian population is pretty dumb in itself. Hence my comment - how does mining make people any dumber than they already are?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#18 Jun 13, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are dragging up the past, I explained myself. Of course I already know you are on the opposite end of the spectrum from a rocket scientist, but I'll hold my tongue.
You said that you never mentioned racism and I brought up your past to show just cause....and as you never fail in your delight at an anti white rant, you made it easy....that's what is so reasuring about you Elias...you are not a rocket scientist!
Actual Aussie

Tauranga, New Zealand

#19 Jun 13, 2012
That wasn't what your first post said Elias. The meaning of your first post is,'Australian's are so dumb, nothing could possibly make them any dumber'.

And on that basis, Ahomana has a valid point.
Ahomana

Sydney, Australia

#20 Jun 13, 2012
I travel to the pilbara even though I don't have a mining job (I'm mentally impaired) because the pilbara is full of abos.

That means abo cocks galore!
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#21 Jun 13, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that you never mentioned racism and I brought up your past to show just cause....and as you never fail in your delight at an anti white rant, you made it easy....that's what is so reasuring about you Elias...you are not a rocket scientist!
Oh get a brain transplant please! I said I didn't mention race on this thread, you trying to make reference to posts I made years ago as if they are relevant now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tomorrow is Sep 1,my b'day : Rauf lala 9 min Islam is an evil ... 5
Chinese first take our industries and then our ... 14 min RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 282
I will POO in Australian streets - Mohan Singh 15 min Tom 5
Your favourite angry Chinese troll on Aussie To... 21 min RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 34
Australia: MH370 may have turned south sooner 39 min jajajajjj 44
Please let us Indians live in Aistralia 44 min The ADELAIDEAN 16
Advance Australia Fair the real version 57 min BigRabbit 4
Indian Girls vs White Girls, Whose More Attract... (Aug '13) 4 hr Paki_Jatt_Soorma 678
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 5 hr Stephanie roxx 3,436
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Australia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••