MANILA: China to Philippines: Quit Scarborough Shoal

Apr 18, 2012 Full story: Asia News Network 15,220

China has asked all Philippine vessels to leave immediately Scarborough Shoal and sent a second aircraft buzzing over the area to scare away Filipino fishermen, officials said yesterday.

Full Story
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9751 Aug 11, 2012
The tendency of the Communist Party government in China, as elsewhere, to rewrite history to reflect changes in personnel or ideology is well known.
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9752 Aug 11, 2012
Time to humiliate the Chinese once more in the Olympics

“The Olympics is a competition between athletes, not nations,” USOC spokesman Patrick Sandusky said.

Tell that to the China’s ruling party. We Americans can go overboard with our flag-waving, but we don’t need Olympic glory to legitimize our way of life.

Like the old U.S.S.R, China sees the Olympics as a way to prove its ideological superiority. London has shown the ugly side of that all-consuming drive.

Wu Minxia might have been the saddest story of the Olympics. After she won a diving gold medal, she was told that her mother had breast cancer and her grandparents had died a year ago.

They didn’t want to tell her before London. It might have distracted her from her patriotic duty.

“We accepted a long time ago that she doesn’t belong entirely to us,” her father told the Shanghai Morning Post.

In China, children belong to the state if they show athletic promise. The system is based on the old Eastern bloc template.

Promising kids are funneled into athletic schools according to their body types. They are taught reading and writing. But mostly they learn gymnastics, badminton, swimming and diving. Their purpose in life is to prove China is a world superpower.

“From a very young age, we had patriotism drummed into us,” one ex-athlete told the BBC.

Patriotism is one thing. The Chinese Communist Party promotes ultra-nationalism. Anything less than victory is an affront to the authoritarian state.

Americans go nutty with the “USA!” chants. But nobody was going to send Missy Franklin hate mails with razorblades if she didn’t win the 200-meter backstroke. That’s what a Chinese gymnast got when he returned home without a medal after the 1988 Olympics.

Gabby Douglas moved to Iowa at 14 to live and train for the Olympics. That was her choice, however, not the USOC’s. And nobody kept family secrets from her for the past two years.

The Chinese system gets results, but there’s a price. The BBC reported that of 300,000 ex-athletes, 80 percent were unemployed, injured or living in poverty.

The report showed the athletic training camps, which were more like Marine boot camps for 10-year-olds. British media ran photos of children forced to do handstands until they collapsed in tears. An instructor stepped on one child’s legs to increase gymnastic flexibility.

They were not the images China wants the world to see. Before the games, the Chinese Communist Party sent a directive to state-controlled media.

“Do not raise the issue of the ‘national system,’” it said.

The name of the system is Project 119. It started in 2001 and got its name from the number of gold medals available in swimming, track and field and rowing.

Those were sports with the greatest Chinese growth potential. Project 119 helped produce 51 gold medals in Beijing, which was 15 more than the U.S. America won the overall medal count 110-100.

A lot of people thought China might win both in London. Instead, it has taken a step back. That’s fine by me, but I feel bad for the generation of Wu Minxias.

If Project 119 was rough, what will Project 120 be like?

“If we win a few less gold medals, ordinary people could abuse us,” said Xiao Tian, the head of China’s team.

It would be great if ordinary Chinese really did hear about the past two weeks in England. Not just about what happened, also the stories behind it.

China’s rulers wanted to prove their system is stronger than America’s. What London really showed was how weak it is.
Cev

San Juan, Philippines

#9753 Aug 11, 2012
And for the record,

Chinamen like you are the ones using bullshet here. That's all the fake evidence and lies that you can produce: bullshet.

How many times have I caught Chinamen like you making up stories, altering facts and posting lies???

On the other hand, the Filipino posters have been consistently using facts and acceptable evidences under international law to prove the validity of our claims.

One would wonder why the Chinamen are incapable of an educated discussion with me. I blame their parents. Trash genes and being brought up like the trash of society that they are made them STUPID.

Note that each and every one of the Chinamen's arguments were completely rebutted by pro-Philippine posters. And almost all our important points have been reinforced by concrete historical evidences, references to international law, links to wikipedia, and news articles.

The Chinamen on the other hand, just makes up stories and lies, in which they are eventually caught lying in the end.

So STUPID.
Cev

San Juan, Philippines

#9754 Aug 11, 2012
Austronesian Guy wrote:
“The Olympics is a competition between athletes, not nations,” USOC spokesman Patrick Sandusky said.
Tell that to the China’s ruling party. We Americans can go overboard with our flag-waving, but we don’t need Olympic glory to legitimize our way of life.
Like the old U.S.S.R, China sees the Olympics as a way to prove its ideological superiority. London has shown the ugly side of that all-consuming drive.
Wu Minxia might have been the saddest story of the Olympics. After she won a diving gold medal, she was told that her mother had breast cancer and her grandparents had died a year ago.
They didn’t want to tell her before London. It might have distracted her from her patriotic duty.
“We accepted a long time ago that she doesn’t belong entirely to us,” her father told the Shanghai Morning Post.
In China, children belong to the state if they show athletic promise. The system is based on the old Eastern bloc template.
Promising kids are funneled into athletic schools according to their body types. They are taught reading and writing. But mostly they learn gymnastics, badminton, swimming and diving. Their purpose in life is to prove China is a world superpower.
“From a very young age, we had patriotism drummed into us,” one ex-athlete told the BBC.
Patriotism is one thing. The Chinese Communist Party promotes ultra-nationalism. Anything less than victory is an affront to the authoritarian state.
Americans go nutty with the “USA!” chants. But nobody was going to send Missy Franklin hate mails with razorblades if she didn’t win the 200-meter backstroke. That’s what a Chinese gymnast got when he returned home without a medal after the 1988 Olympics.
Gabby Douglas moved to Iowa at 14 to live and train for the Olympics. That was her choice, however, not the USOC’s. And nobody kept family secrets from her for the past two years.
The Chinese system gets results, but there’s a price. The BBC reported that of 300,000 ex-athletes, 80 percent were unemployed, injured or living in poverty.
The report showed the athletic training camps, which were more like Marine boot camps for 10-year-olds. British media ran photos of children forced to do handstands until they collapsed in tears. An instructor stepped on one child’s legs to increase gymnastic flexibility.
CHINA IS LOSING TO THE UNITED STATES IN TERMS OF MEDAL COUNT.

HOW PATHETIC.

Despite forcing his citizens to slave inside trainig camps just for the purpose of winning medals in the olympics, China is still losing to the US.

US atheletes are at least enjoying what they do, and they compete for their country out of their own free will.

Chinamen athletes are forced to compete. Majority of them are poor, and has no future.

If given a choice, all of them would probably leave China and compete for the US.

The olympics have shown the pathetic attempt of the Chinese to portray themselves as a superior country.

But despite all that the Chinamen have done, they are still unable to beat the US athletes that are just playing around.

Pathetic Trash. Not only are you chinamen STUPID, you're also WEAK. LOL.
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9755 Aug 11, 2012
Haha

American Domination Once More in the Olympics!!!

What a CCP Failure!!!

I won't be surprised if they kill those athletes who didn't win...

Communist Mentality SMH
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9756 Aug 11, 2012
Cev wrote:
<quoted text>
CHINA IS LOSING TO THE UNITED STATES IN TERMS OF MEDAL COUNT.
HOW PATHETIC.
Despite forcing his citizens to slave inside trainig camps just for the purpose of winning medals in the olympics, China is still losing to the US.
US atheletes are at least enjoying what they do, and they compete for their country out of their own free will.
Chinamen athletes are forced to compete. Majority of them are poor, and has no future.
If given a choice, all of them would probably leave China and compete for the US.
The olympics have shown the pathetic attempt of the Chinese to portray themselves as a superior country.
But despite all that the Chinamen have done, they are still unable to beat the US athletes that are just playing around.
Pathetic Trash. Not only are you chinamen STUPID, you're also WEAK. LOL.
The US has more Gold Medals

The US has more Silver Medals

The US has the most Medals.

Good try TRYING HARD CHINA.

China has 1 Billion plus citizens to chose from what a failure!!!

Please don't kill those athletes who didn't get medals.
Tsarbomba

West Covina, CA

#9757 Aug 11, 2012
Austronesian Guy wrote:
I will be back after the Olympics. I'm enjoying the Olympics right now.
Still no smart Chinese lol!
Some Ching Chongs here are talking about the olympics lol
You guys should talk about how the THE GREAT USA humiliates TRYING HARD CHINA in the Olympics lol lol lol lol.
USA is the DOMINANT COUNTRY in the world remember that!!
China has over 1 billion people to chose from but still the USA wins MOST GOLD Medals and GETS most of the medals wahahaha
Trying hard Ching Chongs SMH!!
SMH all you want and then some more, it amuses me. You don't sound anywhere near smart yourself when all you can do is rant like a child. BTW, still a lot more medals than any Austronesians put together. It's always some tagalong that straps themselves to the US. I don't see any smart Austronesians either.
Tsarbomba

West Covina, CA

#9758 Aug 11, 2012
Cev wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care, I call them as they are. That includes you, stupid. You backread on the quality of posts of your fellow Chinamen and tell that to yourselves.
Taiping island, being Res Nullius is not for you to agree wth or not in the first place. That is the reality of it.
As for your so called reclamation of the island, if it's theirs, why did it take years before they take it back?
The islands were already Philippine occupied and these were on a first come first owned basis, being classified as Res Nullius after the treaty of San Francisco.
You proved no fallacy in my statements. You just did not agree and offered no evidence. Therefore the Philippine claim stands. Oh and u want evidence that the Philippines was first, and mainland china was last? Go check the records on wikipedia. It's all there.
I already posted evidence on this before, you may back read and look for it in previous posts.
By the way, mainland Chinamen are not Taiwanese. Don't insult the Taiwanese by making yourselves the same as them, just because it's more convenient for your Spratly and Paracel claims.
HAVE YOU CHINAMEN NO SHAME??? Lol!!!!
You don't care? Yeah you do, it bugs you so much, that's why all you have is lashing out over an internet forum lol.

All talk and no evidence of PH ever being there first. Reality? Taiping is in possession of the Taiwanese. Your replies constantly ignore facts so another impotent angry poster here. Are there no intelligent Ewoks? And they wonder why they get snubbed. Moron, when did I ever say the islands specifically belonged to PROC and not ROC? If you're that great and right, you wouldn't be constantly brown nosing the US for support. That's reality.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#9759 Aug 11, 2012
U.S. doing good, except fixing its sick economy.
Cev

Quezon City, Philippines

#9760 Aug 11, 2012
Tsarbomba wrote:
<quoted text>
SMH all you want and then some more, it amuses me. You don't sound anywhere near smart yourself when all you can do is rant like a child. BTW, still a lot more medals than any Austronesians put together. It's always some tagalong that straps themselves to the US. I don't see any smart Austronesians either.
Funny thing us that for the Chinamen, it's so important to win more medals than the rest. Yet another country got more than they do without any effort at all.

Just imagine all the Chinese lived you destroyed by taking them from their normal lives and forcing them to do sports forever and ever, only to throw them away when they cannot be used.

Oh and as for posting something smart, Austronesian Guy has compiled arguments and evidences, complete with links and all to support the Philippine claims.

Another set of intelligent posts that you chinamen FAIL to give a proper rebuttal.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#9761 Aug 11, 2012
Cev wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing us that for the Chinamen, it's so important to win more medals than the rest. Yet another country got more than they do without any effort at all.
Just imagine all the Chinese lived you destroyed by taking them from their normal lives and forcing them to do sports forever and ever, only to throw them away when they cannot be used.
Oh and as for posting something smart, Austronesian Guy has compiled arguments and evidences, complete with links and all to support the Philippine claims.
Another set of intelligent posts that you chinamen FAIL to give a proper rebuttal.
Who cares. It's the economy that matters.
Cev

Quezon City, Philippines

#9762 Aug 11, 2012
Tsarbomba wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't care? Yeah you do, it bugs you so much, that's why all you have is lashing out over an internet forum lol.
All talk and no evidence of PH ever being there first. Reality? Taiping is in possession of the Taiwanese. Your replies constantly ignore facts so another impotent angry poster here. Are there no intelligent Ewoks? And they wonder why they get snubbed. Moron, when did I ever say the islands specifically belonged to PROC and not ROC? If you're that great and right, you wouldn't be constantly brown nosing the US for support. That's reality.
Look at you. Look at the quality of your posts. No evidence yet i alreayd posted the evidence if you back read all my posts, and i even referred you to my source: wikipedia. You want me to spoon feed everything for you? Pathetic.

The Philippines was first to occupy Taiping Island under a Filipino by the name of Thomas Cloma wherein he mined sulfur there. 4 months after he claimed the island, Taiwan sent his military and forcibly occupied Taiping, which was then already occupied by the Philippines.

This is a fact. PROC started occupying features in the Spratlys years and years after.

So good for you to admit that mainland China has no valid claim in the Spratlys.

And again, you bring up the issue of US support. Funny how you chinamen are so scared of the US.

You readily bully small countries like vietnam and the Philippines and threaten us. But when the US offered to support us and criticized Chinese aggression, you little penises retracted into a vagina.:D
Cev

Quezon City, Philippines

#9763 Aug 11, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a TRUE LOSER.:D
Cev

Quezon City, Philippines

#9764 Aug 11, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a few posts back, you were showcasing China's victories in the olympics.

And now that you found out the US got more medals than you pathetic communist country, it no longer matters. LOL.

LOSER CHINAMAN! Nyahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9765 Aug 12, 2012
Tsarbomba wrote:
<quoted text>
Still u can't change the fact.

China lost once again! HAHAHA

Humiliation!!!!

USA is the ONLY SOLE SUPERPOWER remember that Ching Chongs!
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9766 Aug 12, 2012
RayH wrote:
U.S. doing good, except fixing its sick economy.
Tell that to the POOR Chinese people, the majority of your population. Do you think they will agree with you? lol

Americans can safely say, "American way of living is still much much much much better than Chinese people living in impoverish villages.

America is a FIRST WORLD COUNTRY meaning everything here is modern. WE DON'T HAVE VILLAGES HERE! We don't get our water from the RIVER directly, and we don't hunt for food, we buy from the grocery stores lol just to say a few.

How bout in China? have you seen their barbaric way of living?

Please don't ignore the fact that most CHINESE people are SO POOR!

And please don't even dare to compare Americans with your POOR Chinese people.

America is still the GREATEST NATION ON EARTH no matter what you say!

People around the world would die for a US VISA/ Residency Approval

while people in China would die to GET OUT OF CHINA LMAO

And before you boast your economy, look at first your POOR CHINESE brothers, the MAJORITY of your population LMAO!
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9767 Aug 12, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Again tell that to your POOR CHINESE brothers, the MAJORITY of your population, do you think they will agree with you? LMAO

---

The REAL CHINA. MAJORITY OF CHINESE PEOPLE ARE POOR!

People STARVE TO DEATH

---

Very Poor Young Chinese girl working very hard

http://i50.tinypic.com/2jdkt38.jpg

same girl

http://i47.tinypic.com/egbdcl.jpg

same girl

http://i46.tinypic.com/10fnq60.jpg
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9768 Aug 12, 2012

They were not the images China wants the world to see. Before the games, the Chinese Communist Party sent a directive to state-controlled media.

“Do not raise the issue of the ‘national system,’” it said.

The name of the system is Project 119. It started in 2001 and got its name from the number of gold medals available in swimming, track and field and rowing.

Those were sports with the greatest Chinese growth potential. Project 119 helped produce 51 gold medals in Beijing, which was 15 more than the U.S. America won the overall medal count 110-100.

A lot of people thought China might win both in London. Instead, it has taken a step back. That’s fine by me, but I feel bad for the generation of Wu Minxias.

If Project 119 was rough, what will Project 120 be like?

“If we win a few less gold medals, ordinary people could abuse us,” said Xiao Tian, the head of China’s team.

It would be great if ordinary Chinese really did hear about the past two weeks in England. Not just about what happened, also the stories behind it.

China’s rulers wanted to prove their system is stronger than America’s. What London really showed was how weak it is.
Electronics and Appliances in China
Austronesian Guy

Chatsworth, CA

#9769 Aug 12, 2012
The USA is the:

1. Number 1 Economy

2. Sole Superpower (Military)

3. Most POPULAR COUNTRY

4. Most Dominant Country in the Olympics

5. Home of the "Most Popular" Peoples like Hollywood Stars, Scientists, Athletes etc.

6. Home of the "Most Popular" Brands/ Outlets like Nike, Apple-Iphone, Mcdonalds etc.

Just to name a few

How bout China?

All I know is they make fake items and their COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT is the worst thing ever existed in this world.
Arguments of China

Quezon City, Philippines

#9770 Aug 12, 2012
The Philippines recently sent a warship to harass 12 Chinese fishing vessels which sailed into the waters of Huangyan Island to shelter from bad weather.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin said at a regular news conference on Friday that Huangyan Island is an inherent part of Chinese territory. The harassment to the Chinese fishing vessels had infringed China's sovereignty and violated a consensus reached by the two countries to maintain peace and stability in the South China Sea. China has adequate legal foundation of its sovereignty over Huangyan Island.

Following are some basic facts on China's sovereignty over Huangyan Island:

1. It is China that first discovered Huangyan Island, gave it the name, incorporated it into its territory, and exercised jurisdiction over it.

In 1279, Chinese astronomer Guo Shoujing conducted a survey of the seas around China under the commission from his emperor Kublai Khan, and the Huangyan Island was chosen as the point for surveying the South China Sea. This explains that Huangyan Island was discovered by Chinese at least in Yuan Dynasty(1271-1368).

In January 1935, a map verification committee of then Chinese government, which consisted of representatives from ministries and departments of internal affairs, foreign affairs, education and navy, declared sovereignty over 132 islands, reefs and shoals. Huangyan Island, with the name of Scarborough Shoal, was included as a part of Zhongsha Islands into Chinese territory.

In October 1947, Chinese government announced the new namelist of South China Sea islands, in which Scarborough Shoal was included and renamed to Democratic Reef as a part of Zhongsha Islands. In 1983, China's board on geographic names released a list of geographic names of some South China Sea islands, which decided to use Huangyan Island as the standard name of the island and Democratic Reef as an alternative name.

All the official maps published by Chinese governments of different historical periods marked Huangyan Island as Chinese territory. Huangyan Island has been consistently under administration of China's Guangdong Province first and Hainan Province later. China's sovereignty over Huangyan Island has been declared in all government announcements and statements on South China Sea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine (Jun '14) 7 min Oliver Cromwell 2,983
Ukraine Needs New Security Guarantees 8 min UKRAINE in NATO 1
FBI Says North Korea Behind Sony Hack 24 min Eleanor 1
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 46 min Lukashenko is Dr ... 11,477
George Clooney: We need to stand with Sony 1 hr LC Campbell 4
Russian ruble extends losses 1 hr The END of RUSSIA 63
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 1 hr PUTIN MUST GO 61
More from around the web