ara baliozian

Kitchener, Canada

#1 Aug 22, 2012
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
**********
WHAT IS RIGHT
AND WHAT IS WRONG?
**********
When I was young
I too had an opinion on every conceivable subject
including subjects I knew nothing about.
*
As a child I thought,
or rather was brought up to think,
if the Pope of Rome,
all his cardinals and bishops,
and billions of Catholics
believe in the existence of God,
who am I to deny it?
*
As a teenager I thought
if great leaders like Stalin and Mikoyan,
and millions of Russians
and great intellectuals like George Bernard Shaw
are communists, who am I to side with blood-sucking capitalists?
Besides, what have capitalists done for me,
a slum-dweller, that I should side with them?
*
I know now that we live in a world where
everybody is wrong and
there is no such thing as an infallible belief system.
It is the quintessence of evil to say
I am right and everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong
therefore my enemy,
and it is my duty to be against him
and when necessary to kill him
because to kill in the name of God and Country
is not a crime but a sacred duty.
*
I know now that if God exists
He does not take sides.
If He stood by and did nothing
when His only son was crucified,
why should He side with a nonentity like me?
If God did not lift a finger to stop the massacre
of millions of innocent civilians by bloodthirsty barbarians,
can we really say He is always right?
#

GrandPa

Morelia, Mexico

#2 Aug 22, 2012
Ara, this is a great page!!
Your questioning is profound and understandable!!

“truth hurts”

Since: Aug 09

NOVA

#3 Aug 22, 2012
indeed for too long mankind thought himself to be the center of the universe,

indeed for too long the human thought of himself as something special, he thought he was so special that God put everything else aside and spent his time watching these self-absorbed idiots as if it was some great play.

Even today maybe more than half of the worlds population believes this, that they r special, that they r here for a purpose,

and in fact we r here for a purpose, our great purpose was to sweat and toil and to build the infrastructure necessary for machines and robots to thrive, and we r almost there. Maybe in 50 or maybe in a hundred years our services will no longer be needed. Turns out we were no more than a means to an end, no more special than a tool.

Since: Jun 12

Belgium

#4 Aug 23, 2012
truther wrote:
indeed for too long mankind thought himself to be the center of the universe,
indeed for too long the human thought of himself as something special, he thought he was so special that God put everything else aside and spent his time watching these self-absorbed idiots as if it was some great play.
Even today maybe more than half of the worlds population believes this, that they r special, that they r here for a purpose,
and in fact we r here for a purpose, our great purpose was to sweat and toil and to build the infrastructure necessary for machines and robots to thrive, and we r almost there. Maybe in 50 or maybe in a hundred years our services will no longer be needed. Turns out we were no more than a means to an end, no more special than a tool.
Well liar , this time you wasted your time for something good ! Keep wasting it for that !

“truth hurts”

Since: Aug 09

NOVA

#5 Aug 23, 2012
david1915 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well liar , this time you wasted your time for something good ! Keep wasting it for that !
no one can expect u to see beyond the layer of hate that has been built around u.

Since: Jun 12

Belgium

#6 Aug 23, 2012
truther wrote:
<quoted text>
no one can expect u to see beyond the layer of hate that has been built around u.
Wow that is so deep , congratulations. Did it takes you 12 hours to make that sentence ?

Good job , make a blog now !

“truth hurts”

Since: Aug 09

NOVA

#7 Aug 24, 2012
david1915 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow that is so deep , congratulations. Did it takes you 12 hours to make that sentence ?
Good job , make a blog now !
sad thing is its been 24 hours and u still dont understand it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Armenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armenian Law Students Association hosts Dink fa... 4 hr Dander 10
United Front Against Turkey?: Top Cypriot Legis... 4 hr Dander 227
Hrant Dink Foundation: Research on the Socio-Ec... 7 hr Dander 20
Cars of four oppositionists burnt in Yerevan 8 hr aziz dostum dander 1
Cain 10 hr Dander 2
Armenian Troops Start Lebanon Mission 19 hr Mary joe 9
Appeal sent to int'l organizations regarding vi... Thu Dander 182

Armenia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE