Crimes against Chinese expatriates rising drastically in Angola

Nov 10, 2009 Full story: People's Daily Online 50

Crimes by armed gangs against Chinese expatriates working in Luanda has risen drastically in recent months, posing a grave threat to business activities and the normal life of the Chinese community in the Capital city of Angola, senior Chinese businessmen said on Tuesday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“THE BLACK MESSIAH.”

Since: Feb 09

Wrightwood, CA

#1 Nov 11, 2009
Leave the country and there
wont be nobody to attack!!!
MajorMalfunction

UK

#2 Nov 12, 2009
I agree the chinese should leave, let the Angolans go back to killing each other...why invest in a country that don't want your help.

Since: Nov 09

Shanghai, China

#3 Nov 12, 2009
People who are poor normally lack of education.So they don't know what to do is good for themselves for long term. That's the reason why Angolans attack Chinese people for short term benefits.

Since: Nov 09

Shanghai, China

#4 Nov 12, 2009
It's not about whether leave the Country or not. Actually Chinese in several coutries are facing the same issue.for example,Malaysia,Indonisia,etc . It's just because they are richer than local race people.But generally,its hardworking which makes them rich.
Dave

Tai Hang, Hong Kong

#6 Nov 13, 2009
Angolans don't know those western countries snap billions dollars from Angola and unfair distribution of oil interests are the source of their poverty!
Ma Boo Hy

Central District, Hong Kong

#7 Nov 13, 2009
Dave wrote:
Angolans don't know those western countries snap billions dollars from Angola and unfair distribution of oil interests are the source of their poverty!
This brief statement of course fails to acknowledge the high risk environment facing any investors. And that perhaps there is something for common Angolans to take up with their own leaders. Without credible accounting system the contract is treated as disposal of private property by those with the power.

But then again this uneven-ness in the structure isn't anything to particularly worry the very pragmatic Chinese.
AnHarbingerObser ver

Toronto, Canada

#9 Nov 23, 2009
No country in the world can be develop uniquely with native population. The Chinese developed western united state and Canada.Brazil south was developed by Japanese farmers.

African racism only bring disaster.Look what happend to Haiti when they kick out the French.until now the country is still the poorest country in the world.Look Angola in the time of the Portuguese and after.

I think Chinese are not easy to live with but they are extremely hard worker and what they build stay in the country.

When they learn Portuguese and marry Angolan, they ameliorate the social structure of Angola.Unfortunately most Chinese prefer to go back home but a few prefer staying to Angola because they can't find the same freedom and natural beauty in their country.

If you,"darkboy",can use the internet and a computer, you should learn that Chinese rebuilt Angola in less than 5 years.
The Portuguese took 300 years and you guys destroyed it all just to rebuild it again.

instead of kicking Chinese and whites out of the country you should welcome more foreigner.USA allow Angolan to be American , why Angola cannot do the same?
AnHarbingerObser ver

Toronto, Canada

#10 Nov 23, 2009
by the way china was able to develop it self with the help of american and Japanese. Without them they would still be poor.

Angola should try to learn from Chinese as Chinese learned from Japanese and american.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Feb 1, 2012
I AM NOBODY wrote:
It's not about whether leave the Country or not. Actually Chinese in several coutries are facing the same issue.for example,Malaysia,Indonisia,etc . It's just because they are richer than local race people.But generally,its hardworking which makes them rich.
Yup hardworking does make people rich. At least for my relatives that works. Also remember not waste money.
lct

Beijing, China

#13 Feb 1, 2012
Angola is in debt from somebodys.

if they ever hope to get it back, they have to pressure Angola government to protect Chinese better there. and of course, sold their assets there to China.
lct

Beijing, China

#14 Feb 1, 2012
And obviously, the criminals have to pay a prize.
Winnie Wu

Beijing, China

#15 Feb 2, 2012
My friend who is Handsome guy in Angola told me that...

He is almost be annal rape by a local man...

Whatever, he is back beijing now (Withour rape and safe)

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#16 Feb 5, 2012
its about colonization
SUBTERFUGE

New York, NY

#17 Feb 5, 2012
Most likely US troublemakers are stirring up the pot so that China will leave and the US can go back to their imperialistic ways.

Since: Mar 12

Zambia

#18 Mar 15, 2012
MajorMalfunction wrote:
I agree the chinese should leave, let the Angolans go back to killing each other...why invest in a country that don't want your help.
so that they can help themselves to diamonds.....duh!
samuel welsh

Funabashi, Japan

#19 Mar 15, 2012
love towards africans and chinnese
the real enemies are hate,greed, evil government folk ,military slave workhouses and products.
francisco

Atlanta, GA

#20 Mar 31, 2012
love my Chinese brethren. Only the uneducated would have any sort of disdain towards them or any other human being for that matter.

I'm Angolan, I'm also learning mandarin right now. Love the Chinese culture.
doo

Anonymous Proxy

#21 Apr 13, 2012
hi
61 PERCENT OF THE DEBT

Miami, FL

#22 Apr 13, 2012
nashins wrote:
<quoted text>
so that they can help themselves to diamonds.....duh!
if it was so easy why didnt the Angolans do it themselves?
UruEuWauWau

Brazil

#23 Apr 20, 2012
It seems shyatty Yanks are messin' again in Africa. ;-) We gotta nuke that crap in Washington. ;-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Angola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No, Angola Has Not 'Banned Islam'. It's a Littl... (Nov '13) Sep 16 henu 12
Any of you have ebola Aug '14 Soros is OK 1
Angola Sexy girls photos Angola hot girls photo... (Apr '09) Jul '14 Siyaya Loyiso Khu... 78
Mountain views don't come cheap: Vancouver agai... Jul '14 PNE 1
African ambassadors deliver aid Jul '14 JosMeProsloNije 5
all angola Live TV and Radio Jul '14 mike 1
Quthing international king of penis +2778501756... Jun '14 weightmaster 1

Angola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE