why do algerians living in europe pretend to be moroccans

Posted in the Algeria Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 462 Comments Last updated Dec 15, 2013
First Prev
of 24
Next Last
sam

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 20, 2008
 

Judged:

6

4

2

why
jamel ali

Greenford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

sam wrote:
why
well it's very easy to say the same thing about
the morrocans but i choose not to say it.because
it's only free words.fact we are brothers so wake up.i guess you are very naive.maybe its another
western plan .
sam

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 9, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

jamel ali wrote:
<quoted text>
well it's very easy to say the same thing about
the morrocans but i choose not to say it.because
it's only free words.fact we are brothers so wake up.i guess you are very naive.maybe its another
western plan .
what do you mean naive?
and what is onother western plan
and you still dident answer the Q
sam

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 13, 2008
 

Judged:

1

amel wrote:
<quoted text>
sam, i gather you are maghribi!!!! i dont know why you started this stupidness off; i always see my morrocan friends as sisters because they literally share the same culture as me, but they are always people that try to promote hatred in order to tear people apart.
well. there is some truth in the statement that some algerians pretend to be morocan; this is usually because morroco is more known within the western world. it has a better reputation within the western world due to its tourism and usually spares algerians the hastle of explaining where in the world algeria is to a white man. Although i only know of one algerian that has claimed to be moroccan , i actually personally know 4 morrocans that claim that they are from algeria.
and your satement about morrocans having a better reputation than algerians is RUBBBIIISHHH and you know it. to words: s7oor; gals
hi amel
first af all i was only asking
the only reason i replied like i did is bcause mr hakim london was rude
and you must admit that we do have a better reputation than algerians
thiss thing abaout morroccans pretending to be algerians is very funy hahaha
why would any one pretend to be algeria
please let me know and dont be rude after all we are brothers and sisters
Djamel

Cardiff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 13, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

This has to be the most ludicrous question i have ever heard.
I have been living in Europe for most of my life and never once have i encountered an Algerian pretending to be an Arab. Why would they?
For starters, most Algerians are white, speak French, and have French demeanour.
The day Algerians want to pretend to be what they are not, they could easily pretend to be French.
sam

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 13, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

Djamel wrote:
This has to be the most ludicrous question i have ever heard.
I have been living in Europe for most of my life and never once have i encountered an Algerian pretending to be an Arab. Why would they?
For starters, most Algerians are white, speak French, and have French demeanour.
The day Algerians want to pretend to be what they are not, they could easily pretend to be French.
alegerians are arabes what are you on???

Since: Jul 08

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 14, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

sam wrote:
<quoted text>hi amel
first af all i was only asking
the only reason i replied like i did is bcause mr hakim london was rude
and you must admit that we do have a better reputation than algerians
thiss thing abaout morroccans pretending to be algerians is very funy hahaha
why would any one pretend to be algeria
please let me know and dont be rude after all we are brothers and sisters
I am telling you, there are soooo many moroccans pretending to be algerians here in london. The men do it because algerians have more of a bad boy image and are more feared amongst society. the girls do it bacause algerian girls have a better reputation that moroccan girls. im not going to lie, within europe moroccans have a better reputation due to their manner and respect, and i do likt that very much about moroccans, and algerians seem to come across as rough and rude even upon first impression. this is because morocco is a monarchy that is highly influenced by their king, toooo influenced by him infact, to the piont that it becomes bumlicking in my opinion. but it has been positive for the moroccan people because it has been good for their mannerism. but with algerian history of opression and fighting occupation, algerians have had to develop assertiveness and stand up to what is wrong. obviously now it is in an exadurated form and is just disrespect but its not our fault.
you can not say you have a better reputation because you are not looking at the bigger picture. what do you mean by reputation? historic, touristic, cultural?? you cant make such a broad statement like that without saying what exactly you are referring to.
sam

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 14, 2008
 
amel wrote:
<quoted text>
I am telling you, there are soooo many moroccans pretending to be algerians here in london. The men do it because algerians have more of a bad boy image and are more feared amongst society. the girls do it bacause algerian girls have a better reputation that moroccan girls. im not going to lie, within europe moroccans have a better reputation due to their manner and respect, and i do likt that very much about moroccans, and algerians seem to come across as rough and rude even upon first impression. this is because morocco is a monarchy that is highly influenced by their king, toooo influenced by him infact, to the piont that it becomes bumlicking in my opinion. but it has been positive for the moroccan people because it has been good for their mannerism. but with algerian history of opression and fighting occupation, algerians have had to develop assertiveness and stand up to what is wrong. obviously now it is in an exadurated form and is just disrespect but its not our fault.
you can not say you have a better reputation because you are not looking at the bigger picture. what do you mean by reputation? historic, touristic, cultural?? you cant make such a broad statement like that without saying what exactly you are referring to.
amal i agree abaout the morroccan girls saying they are algerians they realy give us a bad name among arab nations in fact i know a few girls that come to london every sumer for 3 months to do there bisnes you know what i mean and back home they have there own shops so its not like they need money but they still do it
and the reson i ask the question is i now live in london for 19 years and every time i meet an algerian they say they are morrocans 90 out of 100
and let me just say i dont have anything against algerians some of my best friends are from algeria

Since: Jul 08

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 14, 2008
 
if you are telling the truth, i honestly dont know why 90% of the algerians that you know claim that they are moroccan. i knew 1 algerian girl that said that she was moroccan because she had black friends that didnt know where algeria was and it seemed to be cooler to say that she was moroccan than say she was from a country that none of her friends knew. apart from that one person, i can honestly say i know more than two moroccans that claim they are algerian. i think its wrong to lie about your nationality especially when soo many people died just to allow you to be proud of your country. one of my best friends is moroccan also, and i only just found out after knowing her for 7 years that her father is originally moroccan. well iether way i dont think that moroccans and algerians should fight the politicians battles. i have noticed that it is infact mostly the younger generation that carry a hatred towards eachother. when i was 16-17 i hated moroccans, if i heard someone was moroccan i would quickly start 2 argue about politics with them and stupid things. but my parents have many moroccan friends and they just leave the politics to the politicians.
sam

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 14, 2008
 
i supose that awnsers my question
maybe it is that we are known more than algerians thats why
i dont think morroccans and algerians hate each other we are very similar nations
we just try to outdo each other its in us after all we are arabs
Djamel

Leatherhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 14, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

sam wrote:
<quoted text>
alegerians are arabes what are you on???
Thank you dear for telling me who i am.
sam

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 14, 2008
 
Djamel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you dear for telling me who i am.
you are most welcome
Zeralda

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 16, 2008
 
This is a sad commentary on the state of affair among us North Africans. There are very few people or nationalities on this planet that have as much in common as we, Algerians and Moroccans, do have. Moroccans and Algerians have spilt their blood so we can be independent, sovereign and dignified. We North Africans have a very special culture that is a blend of the best that the Mediterranean, Africa, Arabia and Berber influences have to offer. God bless you all.
Djham

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 20, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Algerians never ever say they are morrocans never, yes they do say they are french.....I do not believe one second that you live in uk....otherwise you would know it it's so obvious.
sam

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 20, 2008
 
Djham wrote:
Algerians never ever say they are morrocans never, yes they do say they are french.....I do not believe one second that you live in uk....otherwise you would know it it's so obvious.
algerians use to say that they are french untill the english started recinising the diference between french and algerians biiiig difrence
in fact i use to work with an algerian guy in harvey nichols he use to call him self jen pier cler lorent
why dont you go back to finsbery park you are better of ther kho
wether you believe i live in london or not thats your problem grow up you silly boy
and start making some sence i have been here since 1989kho
Hja

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 17, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sam wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they are afraid of you
afraid that you will steel their
wallets
handbags
mob phones
and we moroccans will never kill each other
we moroccans have a better reputation than you will ever dream of having so stop triying to be somthing you are not <DONT f u c k around>hahaha
looool no no moroccans say they are algerians, big liars they are so ashamed of the ones that brought them up! i am not algerian but i have seen many moroccans saying they are algerians, omanis... moroccans are the biggest ---- likers in the world, funny lot, if that is what you'd call a good reputation then yes according to your own sef then!
Hja

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 17, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

sam wrote:
<quoted text>
algerians use to say that they are french untill the english started recinising the diference between french and algerians biiiig difrence
in fact i use to work with an algerian guy in harvey nichols he use to call him self jen pier cler lorent
why dont you go back to finsbery park you are better of ther kho
wether you believe i live in london or not thats your problem grow up you silly boy
and start making some sence i have been here since 1989kho
I have never seen that, but generaly those who have the french citizenship would say they are french, but generaly they'd put their origins first, that's my opinion of them and that's what i've seen
London Girl

Bedford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 6, 2008
 
People lie because they work here under false identities. But who cares as long as they pay taxes it does not matter which fake identity they use (even the home office agrees - not on record obviously). Our economy does not run on the English alone. Far from it. But lying about your nationality because you are ashamed is bizarre to say the least. We are all citizens of the world. On another note, any normal and educated person can tell a Moroccan from an Algerian by looks alone. By the way, Algeria was occupied by the Arabs in the late 7th and early 8th century so yes technically they are Arabs. Honestly does no one know the history of these nations? It was the Arabs who introduced Islam to Algeria.
Constantinos

Algeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 14, 2008
 

Judged:

2

funny question!
are Moroccan that important????
its easy to pretend to be French cause most of us are white and speak fluent French.

I don't know why this guy has such hatred toward Algerian ppl....so here is my answer
Algerians are ashamed ( if ) they say they are Moroccan. 7shoooooma wallah
wesh m el khir fikom?
salim

Cardiff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 15, 2008
 

Judged:

2

Hi Sam iam living in Belfast can you come and show me were the algerian,s are here who say they are moroccans because your talking rubbish?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Algeria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some questions regarding marriage (in Algeria) (Feb '12) Aug 17 Dalit Trolls Busters 25
How's that democracy working out for you? Aug 12 Faith 2
Algerians observe minute of silence in solidari... Aug 10 Faith 28
I am looking for a righteous muslim wife . (Nov '11) Aug 9 Faith 37
Report Abuse By Khaled (Jan '14) Aug 6 Faith 118
Khaled - La Quinelle (Jan '14) Aug 6 Faith 169
Be a member now. (Aug '13) Aug 6 Faith 4

Search the Algeria Forum:
•••